SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

project b is a meme

there's literally nothing of substance to it

Someone's gotta make it happen. Take Smash 4 and make it floatier, then add back tripping, chain grabs, and hitstun canceling.

But hey, at least Marth gets buffed, right?

Edited by Ragnell

Someone's gotta make it happen. Take Smash 4 and make it floatier, then add back tripping, chain grabs, and hitstun canceling.

But hey, at least Marth gets buffed, right?

Does Meta-Knight get buffed as well?

Dno if this was posted before, its a few days old, but figured it would lead to some discussion.

Even though the rumor stems from Neogaf which has the accuracy of IGN.

Edited by Jedi

Bear in mind, the rumor started from a guy who GUESSED Cloud correctly shortly before the Direct, so now everyone is taking his word as gospel.

Bear in mind, the rumor started from a guy who GUESSED Cloud correctly shortly before the Direct, so now everyone is taking his word as gospel.

Yeah this is why I'm thinking its nothing.

He guessed it? I haven't been paying attention to the Smash threads on GAF lately, but I was under the impression he knew it was Cloud beforehand

Well, there's no evidence that the guy knew beforehand. I believe his Cloud post was something like this:

"In celebration of the aniversary of Episode VII, Luke Skywalker will be revealed as an Smash newcomer. Or something along those lines."

While that can be taken as something very specific, I wouldn't put too much thought into it, since we don't know what the guy's contacts are.

And if the guy is legit, I hope he doesn't leak anything beyond that.

I'd like to believe its the 16th, for sure. I don't want to wait the entire month, but I'm not sure I can buy it being the 16th.

Edited by Jedi

I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but they say "Final video presentation" like this is only the last big long announcement thing, not the actual end of the DLC, although it probably is the end of it all.

i wouldn't be surprised if they added more mii costumes or something but I can't see them not adding any more characters without video presentations.

they announced both lucas and cloud in general directs

admittedly lucas/roy/ryu had a dedicated direct when they were added but I don't think it's a req

My predictions are:

Shrek

Harry Potter

Carmen Sandiego

Barack Obama

The Batman symbol

A slice of Papa John's pizza

tl;dr I have no predictions and don't think it's really worth trying to predict anymore.

On the topic of third parties, I think that you shouldn't hold your breath for Simon, Bomberman, or Snake because lol Konami

I don't see them attempting to one-up Cloud. The only 3rd Party that can one-up Cloud is of course Banjo and Kazooie. But with Minecraft Wii U, it's entirely possible.

As for the last 3rd Party, I expect an Indie or Jibanyan.

Reasoning:

Nintendo seems to really support Indie devs. The Shovel Knight amiibo is the pinnacle of this. I'd say an indie character could still stir up hype. Shantae or Shovel Knight are probably the most likely candidates.

Jibanyan is crazy popular in Japan and maybe even worldwide. If there's a Non-Indie/BK third party left, Jibanyan is probably it. He might even be more popular than Mega Man.

so yeah

all aboard the Jibanyan/Shantae/Banjo-Kazooie/Shovel Knight train