SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Is it possible for an outcome where people won't be salty?

Then again, even if we get the characters that everyone wants, there will still be those that will get salty.

At this point, I don't think so, every added character in this game has had salt with them as well, other than like Megaman.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I don't think so, every added character in this game has had salt with them as well.

Addendum: Every character except Shulk has had salt

real talk: anyone dissatisfied with villager is delusional and clearly cannot recognize the contributions AC has made

Addendum: Every character except Shulk has had salt

Shulk had salt too, some people said Sakurai was making the game too anime and pandering to unknowns, and also were angry at the fact he was another swordsman.

Uniqueness be damned to some.

Is it possible for an outcome where people won't be salty?

Then again, even if we get the characters that everyone wants, there will still be those that will get salty.

There will still be people salty just because they don't like Super Smash Bros. (or maybe Smash 4 in particular)

Tons of people were salty about Shulk, I think the only character that didn't attract salt was Megaman, because even if people didn't care for him, they knew he wasn't going to be the last character and many more were to come, and more people I think may have liked Megaman more than Villager.

Villager didn't have TOO much salt, because Animal Crossing is huge and he/she was very different from a glance.

However that didn't stop people, it was small though.

Last chance for Ridley.

With Alfonso replacing him as a stage hazard.

When Ridley joins the battle, Alfonzo is a giant dragon! "Leave it to me!"

(I know Ridley is a space pirate etc lol)

Edited by Jedi

^ Some people still think Mewtwo is a clone of Lucario and Lucas is a clone of Ness.

Shulk had salt because he is a sexualized male in a bathing suit.

Wait...wouldn't Lucario be the clone? I mean I don't think either are a clone, but...wouldn't Lucario be the clone, since Mewtwo came first?

I don't think there was any salt at all for Mewtwo and Lucas since people wanted them back so badly.

Mewtwo and Lucas being "clones" despite sharing practically nothing with Lucario and Ness, did draw ire. Which is hilarious because people hated Lucario in Brawl because he had one similar move to Mewtwo and called him a clone.

That and some people legitimately hate the Mother series, and there are others who are tired of "Genwunners" winning pokemon slots in Smash.

Also that and some people feel Mewtwo and Roy are appeasement to salty Melee fanboys

Edited by Jedi

I know there was some sentiment of Mario getting too many characters, but I don't think many were really upset with us getting Bowser Jr. Mainly because what they did with his moveset was so unexpected/interesting.

Edited by Jotari

Let's see...

Killager and Mega Man were already addressed.

WFT was met with cries of WTF.

Rosalina's inclusion was debated due to her relative lack of importance outside of Mario Galaxy.

Little Mac was generally well-liked outside of Japan.

Greninja was hit with the "replacement **** instead of MAH MEWTWO!!!!!"

Mii's were called out for being more of a generic create-a-character than being actually based off of Miis, and having more unique specials than any other character.

Palutena was called out for Kid Icarus bias, but people were generally okay with her.

Pacman was "too many 3rd parties", though a few people (including me) went all "Gematsu has been confirmed! Doom and gloom! Yadda Yadda!"

Robin was generally well liked by everybody who wasn't a Chrom fangirl or making the stupid "too many animu characters" argument.

Lucina was heavily disliked due to being a clone and waifu-ing.

Jedi already mentioned Shulk.

Duck-Hunt Dog was somewhat dissed for being "too out there", but fewer cries of that than with the WFT.

Bowser Jr. was met with some negative reception by virtue of being Bowser Jr. and another Mario rep.

Dr. Mario was disliked for being a clone and another Mario rep.

Dank Shi- Dark Pit was met with cries of outrage due to being a clone and another Kid Icarus rep, as well as "replacing" Wolf.

Did I miss anyone?

Lucario...clone? I can understand a Ness and Lucas clone war but just because shadow ball and aura sphere look the same, there's nothing else alike really.

I don't understand it either, but being among the smash base is painful sometimes because people don't pay attention to actual moves.

Like right now even people are saying Cloud is an Ike clone, or that Wolf returning would be a return of a Fox clone (despite the fact they shared barely any moves in Brawl).

Let's see...

Rosalina's inclusion was debated due to her relative lack of importance outside of Mario Galaxy.

Mii's were called out for being more of a generic create-a-character than being actually based off of Miis, and having more unique specials than any other character.

Palutena was called out for Kid Icarus bias, but people were generally okay with her.

Pacman was "too many 3rd parties", though a few people (including me) went all "Gematsu has been confirmed! Doom and gloom! Yadda Yadda!"

Robin was generally well liked by everybody who wasn't a Chrom fangirl or making the stupid "too many animu characters" argument.

Duck-Hunt Dog was somewhat dissed for being "too out there", but fewer cries of that than with the WFT.

Bowser Jr. was met with some negative reception by virtue of being Bowser Jr. and another Mario rep.

Dank Shi- Dark Pit was met with cries of outrage due to being a clone and another Kid Icarus rep, as well as "replacing" Wolf.

Did I miss anyone?

I don't think anyone was screaming Kid Icarus bias when Palutena first came out. People seemed more to assume she was going to be OP because they showed all her specials at onces. Only once it was explained and we started seeing all the ancillary Kid Icarus stuff (enemies, trophies, items etc) did people start coming up with Kid Icarus bias.

I don't think anyone was screaming Kid Icarus bias when Palutena first came out. People seemed more to assume she was going to be OP because they showed all her specials at onces. Only once it was explained and we started seeing all the ancillary Kid Icarus stuff (enemies, trophies, items etc) did people start coming up with Kid Icarus bias.

It was all close enough together; people were already raising eyebrows when a large chunk of the Smash Run enemies were shown to be from KI:U.

Let's see...

Did I miss anyone?

I'll piggyback off with the DLC.

Mewtwo already mentioned.

Roy despite being changed people were like ANOTHER MARTH CLONE? Or MORE FIRE EMBLEM? Also the fact that he was actually good this time didn't help matters.

Ryu was generally "Whoa THE FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER IS IN SMASH!" Others felt he didn't fit the game, or that he was too complicated.

Lucas, Generally accepted, but some people screamed Ness clone returning (without knowledge that he really isn't) and other things.

Cloud hooooo boy, people raging that he doesn't belong, others that he's an Ike or Shulk clone, others saying Final Fantasy has no place, and that Cloud is anti-Nintendo, or that it should have been Black Mage/A Chocobo among others

I saw the "Kid Icarus" bias claims as soon as the first trailer because Pit was there instead of Yoshi.

Edited by Jedi

I don't understand it either, but being among the smash base is painful sometimes because people don't pay attention to actual moves.

Like right now even people are saying Cloud is an Ike clone, or that Wolf returning would be a return of a Fox clone (despite the fact they shared barely any moves in Brawl).

Cloud does actually seem to be an Ike clone. From a technical stand point. They're still giving him a distinct and game inspired moveset but so many of the animations are similar I'm convinced they used Ike as a base model for making Cloud. Less than any other clone in the game, more along the lines of Falcon and Samus in SSB64.

I just remembered something, there was some salt over alt. colors and alt. Characters, such as people complaing why there wasn't shiny versions of Pokemon, why there wasn't a SS Zelda, why there wasn't leopard print Dedede and there other examples as well, but you get the picture.

Granted this is small salt compared to the characters, but it's still impressive that some people get salty over something as small as alternate colors.