SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Were is that Down B wind attack coming from anyway? I don't recall it to be one of his limit breaks in FF7. The closest thing to a wind attack that I remember is that bird with Aero 3 in a game without Aero 1/2.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were is that Down B wind attack coming from anyway? I don't recall it to be one of his limit breaks in FF7. The closest thing to a wind attack that I remember is that bird with Aero 3 in a game without Aero 1/2.

It's from Final Fantasy VII. Finishing Touch, the last limit you have to get before Omni Slash.

It's from Final Fantasy VII. Finishing Touch, the last limit you have to get before Omni Slash.

Ah, I see. I never saw much reason to stop using Meteor Rain before Omni Slash, so I guess that's why I don't really remember the second Level 3 Limit Break.

Edited by BrightBow

You have to actually unlock it to get Omni Slash, and you unlock it by using Meteo Rain. So it's somewhat odd you never seen it if you played Final Fantasy VII. It's in the same group as Meteo Rain. You're right though, Meteo Rain is pretty powerful. The only advantage finishing touch has is that it can instantly KO normal enemies which is why in Smash it deals high knock back but miniscule damage.

What is this a reference to?

Sephiroth, the main villain of FFVII. He appears in fmvs with flames around him all the time and he has long hair.

You have to actually unlock it to get Omni Slash, and you unlock it by using Meteo Rain. So it's somewhat odd you never seen it if you played Final Fantasy VII. It's in the same group as Meteo Rain. You're right though, Meteo Rain is pretty powerful. The only advantage finishing touch has is that it can instantly KO normal enemies which is why in Smash it deals high knock back but miniscule damage.

Oh, I'm sure I've seen it. And then I would have switched back and never looked back. I mean, Meteor Rain is usually more then sufficient to wipe out every group of enemies but also completely annihilates bosses because all the meteors focus on a single target. Although, I guess it's power also has something to do with Cloud having always the highest level and having overwhelming stats all around.

Edited by BrightBow

I can already sense Cloud being OP. His speed, range, and the fact that his down b is basically a chargable KO punch that can ledgeguard anyone is kind of unfair. His down b, side b, and side smash need to be nerfed I think. Down B should only kill at around 90% or more without rage.

His recovery is terrible, on the other hand. Far from OP in my eyes, he has options and great on stage game and aerials, but he lack options from throws (as far as I can see) and his off stage being almost nonexistent will get him killed in those instances.

He's actually well balanced I think.

mewtwo's down throw still don't combo. slightly better but still meh. his walk and run speed is also faster, jsyk.

cloud's side b is invincible until the hitboxes come out.

bowser now has a hoo hah

Notice; Captain Falcon didn't get the buffs in the last patch, Ganondorf did.

When I go for style, I don't choose any man, I choose the man

Far from OP in my eyes, he has options and great on stage game and aerials, but he lack options from throws (as far as I can see) and his off stage being almost nonexistent will get him killed in those instances.

I think his throws aren't supposed to be used for combos, but rather for keeping the opponent away so you can safely charge Limit Break. Making them kill throws would be kinda ridiculous, so I can see where they tried to balance it out.

Also in the Japanese version Bayonetta always speaks in English if she's using her Bayonetta 1 alts (her Bayonetta 2 alts have her speak in Japanese as normal). It's a reference to how her first game was originally voiced only in English.

Edited by Kiseki

I think his throws aren't supposed to be used for combos, but rather for keeping the opponent away so you can safely charge Limit Break. Making them kill throws would be kinda ridiculous, so I can see where they tried to balance it out.

Wasn't really asking for kill throws, more like making fthrow and bthrow actually worth using at all, they have no combo potential at all.

uthrow sets up for juggles at least; works well with his kit

cloud's side b is invincible until the hitboxes come out.

bowser now has a hoo hah

limit sideb has armor I thought, not normal

also smh apparently "koo-pah" is winning over "bow-wow" in the xthrow uair naming

It's a pity Midgar comes with only two music tracks. VII alone as such great potential for musicbut if you tak in the whole Final Fantasy series there'd be no end to great tracks they could give us.

It's a pity Midgar comes with only two music tracks. VII alone as such great potential for musicbut if you tak in the whole Final Fantasy series there'd be no end to great tracks they could give us.

Like music from FE6. Oh dayum. Best OST.

Honestly, I'm glad Cloud has no Kill Throws. Really makes that he needs effort and more concentration to win. Instead of just building up to 120% (Which he can damn do) with DThrowsCombos and then just BThrow off stage. (Mario bros.) Though this means he won't be high tier. I think that's the thing tho since he can Ko at 50% or even 30% with rage. I'm ok with that, he's so cool and stylish.

Anyway. Real Talk: SAMUS. DID. SHE. GET. BUFFS!!?

Anyway. Real Talk: SAMUS. DID. SHE. GET. BUFFS!!?

Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Shulk, Kirby, Lucas, Link, Charizard, Robin, Greninja and Dark Pit got buffs.

Marth/Lucina and Dedede also got very very very minor buffs.

Lucario got a nerf, and in teams Villager, G&W got nerfed.

Detailed stuff here

Edited by Jedi

50% into Samus... And even I can tell that the Jab still doesn't connect. I could go on a massive rant right now. Even Zelda seems to have no changes so far. It's degrading.

Don't really see how it's degrading. Mewtwo was the absolute worst character. Samus and Zelda were runner-ups, but still not the worst

Besides, I guarantee that Corrin and Bayonetta will come with a massive balance patch. It might even be the last one, so he's hoping they aren't too good.

but still really good I love them

Don't really see how it's degrading. Mewtwo was the absolute worst character. Samus and Zelda were runner-ups, but still not the worst

Besides, I guarantee that Corrin and Bayonetta will come with a massive balance patch. It might even be the last one, so he's hoping they aren't too good.

but still really good I love them

That's actually one of the reasons I think they're waiting until February. Bayonetta looks really polished, we got to see a lot of her moves and animations. I reckon the only thing they have left to do is her compatibility with other game modes and balance checks. I.e. I think she's finished already but they want to wait a few months to build hype and put the finishing touches onto the overall Smash Bros. project.

Anyways, for the next game, I want Cross or Elma from Xenoblade X for smash 5.

I could see them properly implementing arts: by doing damage you would fill up the talent gauge and gain the ability to use your specials, which all are unique and fairly powerful but of course eat away at the gauge.

Bowser, Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Shulk, Kirby, Lucas, Link, Charizard, Robin, Greninja and Dark Pit got buffs.

Marth/Lucina and Dedede also got very very very minor buffs.

Lucario got a nerf, and in teams Villager, G&W got nerfed.

Detailed stuff here

Where are the Palutena buffs? She needs them.. badly.

Edited by Tsunami922