SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Bayonetta has one midair jump like most of the cast. So does Corrin.

You can use Witch Twist twice in the air but it MUST be out of your second jump. You cannot go Witch Twist -> Witch Twist or Witch Twist -> After Burner Kick -> Witch Twist.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayonetta has one midair jump like most of the cast. So does Corrin.

You can use Witch Twist twice in the air but it MUST be out of your second jump. You cannot go Witch Twist -> Witch Twist or Witch Twist -> After Burner Kick -> Witch Twist.

I did said that I tested Corrin and he/she can't make multiple jumps in the previous post.

And also, I just cleared Classic Mode with Corrin in the Nintendo 3DS version, they only showed Corrin's voice actors on the credits in his DLC data. I was really hoping that his foster and real siblings' voice actors showed up on the credits to get more confirmation for the siblings before Fire Emblem Fates releases.

Edited by Mike Jones

I got Corrin! I didn't get Bayonetta, I couldn't afford both and I decided on Corrin, but I will get her eventually! Anyway, I got Corrin, and...they're okay. I don't think they're the best, but they're okay. Cloud is still the best DLC character (aside from Roy, but I'm only counting newcomers here).

Best Congratulations screen ever.

GbzDgBD.jpg

Is Bowser supposed to be Ryoma? 'Cause that's cool. I really like Ryoma, everything I've heard about him is great!

I find Corrin to be really meh. He seems okay but doesn't seem particularly good. Also is voice is super bland.

Totally liking Bayonetta though. Her combo strings are really good and lengthy as well. This character has so much potential and I really think she met the hype (once people figure out how her recovery works).

Umbra Clock Tower is a gorgeous stage and I have no problems with it. Lets Dance Boys is perfect.

edit: i was misinformed. and way to go sakrai, the marios SURE needed the nerf.

Edited by Comet

I'm downloading Bayonetta right now. I'll probably download the Mii Fighters Costumes next after getting Bayonetta.

Edit: Done, I just downloaded both of them. And also, testing Bayonetta in Training Mode in the Nintendo 3DS version, I did see Roses when Bayonetta shoots at the opponents, what's with the roses about?

Another Edit: I tested out with Corrin and Bayonetta in the Wii U version, I only saw the Rose when Bayonetta gets damaged.

Edited by Mike Jones

Best Congratulations screen ever.

GbzDgBD.jpg

I love everything about this.

I like Corrin. I like their style. The learning curve is there, but i got my shovel cuz i dig it. Im all about finding uses for the side b

b2AOcx.jpg
723Zx3.jpg
L202iD.jpg
WICRhJ.jpg
xUrSft.jpg
ENIDm9.jpg
He kept his barefeet. Thought Nintendo was going to give him shoes.
0K5nUl.jpg
Np3c9O.jpg
11CalW.jpg
IrRIPM.jpg
4EYflm.jpg
cV6TdF.jpg
ls2BTJ.jpg
bskUXH.jpg
MXPMNS.jpg
tM4P3H.jpg
2If2bq.jpg
My Ashley character now can be better looking! ^_^
3S6deG.jpg
Tails will be redesigned!
XhzInb.jpg
My Knuckles character will be redesigned!
a9Ur31.jpg
BViG0E.jpg
gHHvNG.jpg
7EnEyG.jpg
emVt3y.jpg
H1gLAA.jpg
QQ7rFe.jpg
ty4JCg.jpg
23u8XR.jpg
kruxvq.jpg
4PvlIL.jpg
VDdzuX.jpg
x2iz4a.jpg
2o2ufL.jpg
Join the cast!
mhBALE.jpg
S2mw3P.jpg
Ch25 Nohr

Why he's so strong in Ch25 Nohr.

Eb8CCB.jpg
iz0OCB.jpg
xaY9dI.jpg
From Persona 4. Sun Arcana.
1o5fvA.jpg
Endgame Persona 4 spoiler!!! You've been warned!

59J5al.jpg

ZWXB2O.jpg
Generic Witch (FE Series)
Cijtz9.jpg
HRGq5w.jpg
aFdlGM.jpg
Rue0i0.jpg
jlRo2g.jpg

Nintendo 3DS

VbrI7W.jpg
3HZgvb.jpg
YL6euO.jpg
Wc8w7n.jpg
3Aj14R.jpg
lYpeo5.jpg
Z9lYf3.jpg
Yjvqmw.jpg
rBJqnT.jpg
HbuwAa.jpg
ITqm3o.jpg
8expOe.jpg
845hZU.jpg
Fw1r00.jpg
jzZWQt.jpg
s9wkve.jpg
HxtZjS.jpg
GOfVl2.jpg
rzJuJX.jpg
DfG6SI.jpg
iQJJNF.jpg
Y6JtzO.jpg
CAKEng.jpg
Yi76IK.jpg
DdBmuw.jpg
ciQ5Dk.jpg
6tZDW8.jpg
BRIUd8.jpg
GvQnLz.jpg
4YmtMy.jpg
g7SRMn.jpg
KFaYgC.jpg
PsyJub.jpg
HUA8ut.jpg
1Og4dp.jpg
Everybody's line up!
HyPnLF.jpg
The Inkling kids, Julie(Zombies At My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol). Young Samus
Nopnfr.jpg
ZekeJulie(Zombies At My Neighbors/Ghoul Patrol), Yune(FE), Mr.Satan
eAs9ph.jpg
Bomber Man, others
xf3fHG.jpg
Some of my 120ish-150ish crew!

Wii-U

Yeehoo!

Finally! We can have our whole cast! I've already got mine!

Edited by PuffPuff

Ok Smashboards patch people have narrowed down changes, but not exacts quite yet. Seems like there was more placebo than usual

Possible Hitbox Changes (Super Armor, Frames, Hitbox Durations, Damage, KB, etc)

C. Falcon, Falco, Ike, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucina, Marth, Dark Pit, Roy, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Zelda

Possible Parameter Changes (Action End Frames, Intangibility Durations, Mobility Changes, Base Stats, etc)
Cloud, Diddy Kong, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Bowser Jr, Zard, Lucina, Marth, ROB, Rosalina, Toon Link, Wii Fit, Yoshi

Likely No Changes (Not 100%, but it's looking like it's the case)
Dedede, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Mega Man, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mii Fighters, Mr. G&W, Ness, Olimar, Pacman, Palutena, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Robin, Samus, Shulk, Sonic, Villager, Wario

Edited by Jedi

I think Corrin can be a top 20 character. Corrin's aerials are great especially the combo/string ability of fair. Dragon Lunge is a great move too. You can sometimes get fair into Dragon Lunge as a kill confirm at around 70.

He/She tornadoes too.

Half the stuff he/she does in the game, he/she doesn't do in his/her game!

According to some reports, Mario, Luigi and Doc have lost the invincibility they had on their usmash hitboxes.

I'd like that, at the same time, I feel like it shouldn't happen.

Possible Hitbox Changes (Super Armor, Frames, Hitbox Durations, Damage, KB, etc)

C. Falcon, Falco, Ike, Bowser, Bowser Jr, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucina, Marth, Dark Pit, Roy, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Toon Link, Zelda

Possible Parameter Changes (Action End Frames, Intangibility Durations, Mobility Changes, Base Stats, etc)

Cloud, Diddy Kong, Falco, Fox, Kirby, Bowser Jr, Zard, Lucina, Marth, ROB, Rosalina, Toon Link, Wii Fit, Yoshi

Likely No Changes (Not 100%, but it's looking like it's the case)

Dedede, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Link, Lucario, Lucas, Luigi, Mario, Mega Man, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Mii Fighters, Mr. G&W, Ness, Olimar, Pacman, Palutena, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Robin, Samus, Shulk, Sonic, Villager, Wario

A lot of characters not getting any changes when they obviously do.

Samus why? I did for sure think Samus' grab felt faster, but I guess maybe I'm just imagining. I'm curious about the Zard buffs.

Edited by Knight

Samus got nothing this update. Despite Sakurai saying that Samus was the strongest during Smash development, she's incredibly low on the tier list and difficult to make viable. And how can I tell Samus got no buffs... That jab does not connect.

Well, her jab is not a bug, it's a feature. Baffling as it may be.

Edited by BrightBow

Okay, I haven't tested him yet but according to the smashboards notes Roy got legit buffed. Like, First Patch Ike level of buffed. All of his aerials lost frames on landing lag.

Confirmed changes so far. http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/

Bowser: Dash Attack Early/Late Damage: 10/8 -> 12/10

Uthrow Knockback Increase (IE: Uthrow -> Uair no longer connects past ~100%)

Bowser Jr: Clown Kart Dash Ground Dash/Spinout Damage: 4/8 -> 7/12

Fair Normal/Late Damage: 8/5 -> 9/7

Ike: Eruption Base Damage: 9 -> 10

Nair Sweet/Sour Damage: 9/6 -> 10/7
Fair Damage: 12 -> 13

Little Mac: Fsmash Up Angled Damage: 19 -> 21

Usmash Uncharged Damage: 20 -> 21
Dsmash Damage: 12 -> 13
Dsmash Angle: 30 -> 45
Uthrow Angle: 85 -> 80
Dthrow Angle: 85 -> 80

Lucina: Nair First Hit/Second Hit Damage: 3.345/7.6 -> 4.2/8.5

Fair Damage: 8.5 -> 10.5
Bair Damage: 9.975 -> 11.8
Uair Damage: 9.975 -> 11.4
Dair Normal/Meteor Damage: 11.4/13,13 -> 12.3/14.2

Marth: Nair First Hit Sour/Tipper Damage: 3/4 -> 3.5/5

Nair Second Hit Sour/Tipper Damage: 7/9 -> 7/9.5
Fair Sour/Tipper Damage: 7/10 -> 8/11.5
Bair Tipper Damage: 12 -> 12.5
Uair Sour/Tipper Damage: 9/12 -> 9.5/13
Dair Sour/Sweet/Meteor Damage: 11/13/14 -> 12/14/15
Jab 1 Duration: 28F -> 25F
Ftilt Duration: 36F -> 33F
Dsmash Duration: 64F -> 54F

Rosalina: Weight: 78 -> 77

Roy: Flare Blade Uncharged Damage: 5 -> 6

Nair Landing Lag: 13F -> 11F
Fair Landing Lag: 15F -> 13F
Uair Landing Lag: 16F -> 14F
Bair Landing Lag: 19F -> 16F
Dair Landing Lag: 28F -> 23F

Sheik: Weight: 85 -> 84

Toon Link: Bair Landing Lag: 22F -> 17F

Fsmash First Hit: Altered to properly connect at any %.

Zero Suit Samus: Weight: 81 -> 80

Characters confirmed to have no changes.

Dedede, DK, Doctor Mario, Duck Hunt, Ganondorf, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Link, Lucas, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Megaman, Metaknight, Mewtwo, All 3 Mii's, Game & Watch, Ness, Olimar, Pac-Man, Palutena, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Robin, Ryu, Samus, Shulk, Sonic, Villager & Wario.

Everyone else has yet to be determined, but they look to have changes, also Marth potentially has an inch back on his sword, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Edited by Jedi

One thing I am ridiculously happy about is that they've given us a wide selection of music for the Umbra Tower. I guess the Street Fighter and Final Fantasy levels must have been about licensing cause they've certainly passed the standard here with Bayonetta.

One thing I am ridiculously happy about is that they've given us a wide selection of music for the Umbra Tower. I guess the Street Fighter and Final Fantasy levels must have been about licensing cause they've certainly passed the standard here with Bayonetta.

Well, I guess having both Bayonetta games on a Nintendo consoles (and bringing Bayonetta 2 into existence) would probably help that.

According to the Marth General thread on Smashboards, Marth's range has been slightly increased, and the tipper hitbox has been made bigger.

Jab being shorter duration is suuuuper nice, but I can't say I'm not jealous of Roy's landing lag buffs.

Like, I'm seriously surprised they did that without doing it to Marcina first.

Edited by Dotty