SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZSS is neither OP nor broken. She's Top Tier. There's a difference.

I don't know, the way that kill move worked seemed a little ridiculous. I haven''t played her at all because I really have no interest in Bayonetta, but if this is the kind of stuff she can pull of, she better have some pretty big draw backs to balance it out. There is a point where it does become too much, and it is beginning to look like she is going to cross that line.

Edited by Tolvir

ZSS is neither OP nor broken. She's Top Tier. There's a difference.

No, she's OP and broken. She has combos that can kill really early and you can't get out of. I've seen the videos of them. Bayonetta appears to have the same.

And those 50-50 matchups are probably with Sheik and Rosalina, the other top tier characters. And I think Sheik is OP too. Rosalina, I can't say since I've not played against her enough, but still.

And those 50-50 matchups are probably with Sheik and Rosalina, the other top tier characters. And I think Sheik is OP too. Rosalina, I can't say since I've not played against her enough, but still.

i'll save myself some typing and just tell you you're wrong. smash 4 is balanced.

I hope that Bayonetta and Cloud never get nerfed.

I'm maining them and IDC if they end up being too good. They're by far my favorite characters to play and I don't play competitively. As such, I don't care about balance and just want my favorite characters to be good. Shulk feels almost vanilla in comparison tbh

I still don't get the Bayonetta hype

She has multiple 0-death combos (for now) and stupidly good recovery.

She just feels really janky if you don't put time into her.

Edited by The DanMan

Since it's pretty much a scientific fact my opinions on 3rd party DLC character balancing have been beaten like a dead horse by myself, I'll go ahead and start posting the clear screens of the new characters on the 3DS version.

First up is Corrin's Classic Mode one:

Corrin_SBB4_Classic_Mode_Clear_Screen.jp

Not that great, overall. The Wii U version definitely got it better.

I'll have Corrin's All-Star mode one up later this evening.

EDIT: Actually, the 3DS CSS screen is set up different from the Wii U version one now, so why not post screens for those interested?

SSB4_3_DS_CSS_1.jpg

All the DLC fighters are under an "extra fighters" tab, keeping things a perfect square throughout. (Apologies for quality; pictures awkwardly taken with a webcam).

SSB4_3_DS_CSS_2.jpg

As you can see, the DLC character icons are super large on the second page (and yes, I don't have Mewtwo).

DOUBLE EDIT:

Anyway, now Corrin's All-Star clear screen:

Corrin_SSB4_All_Star_Clear_Screen.jpg

Much better than the Classic one, no doubt.

I'll do Bayonetta tomorrow. Partially because I'm tired and partially because she still feels really janky to me.

Edited by The DanMan

But if you spam it it becomes useless. Personally I'm struggling to effectively use it because playing Bayonetta (the game) really encourages you to spam it. In Smash I wait until they're in their 80s to use it and then inevitably mess up because I'm not used to the timing. I think it'd work better as a side special.

Edited by Jotari

And one of the comments is "Cool but I think you can DI out of it".

Source on being unable to?

Read the very reply to that comment. Amy states he can't DI out and the person then concedes.