SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Yeah her games contain suggestive stuff, but I've always seen it as her being somewhat showoff and having airs of grandeur, never meant to incite to sexual stuff in all seriousness. The games have good plots and even integrate comic content.

Wasnt Bayonetta herself created to be a female power fantasy? You know, knowing that, its hard to even imagine hating on this character for her suggestive nature. And a pretty gross double standard to do so anyway.

Is anyone happy that Smash 4 won't be getting any more new characters?

Yes. I still dont even have all the DLC guys yet. Im missing Cloud, Ryu, and Bayo. Ill get em eventually.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not. But at the same time, I'm also not disappointed. I mean, it's gotta end sometime, and Sakurai and his team put in so much work already that it'd also feel kind of demanding to ask them for even more.

Kinda took the words out my mouth. We got some pretty good DLC (how much so depends on your perspective) and all in a year? Kudos to Sakurai and his team for all of it!

Thank the gods there are no more chars, considering Fates is on the way, I'll have to spend like 100 USD more. And surely Fates will bring up tons of dlc.

Oh boy...still need to get Fates. I REALLY hope before it comes out that the special edition version becomes available again because I REALLY want that version (I just hope that if it does, I get there to order in time)!

Oh Fates SE...why do you avoid me so? :'(

I'd only really think they'd add characters to Super Smash Bros. NX, but even that's unlikely and that also assumes that rumour is true. If there were more, maybe Ice Climbers and/or Wolf.

Like if the NX gets new characters & stages, that means every player who wants to stick in competitive would have to move up to a new console, and as a struggling to pay for college/rent/everything college student, I'd rather not have to spend more money.

It would be a cruel move.

Like if the NX gets new characters & stages, that means every player who wants to stick in competitive would have to move up to a new console, and as a struggling to pay for college/rent/everything college student, I'd rather not have to spend more money.

It would be a cruel move.

People will have to move to Smash NX anyway even if it has no new characters, because that's the version that will keep getting balance patches in the future.

And I'm willing to bet Smash NX WILL have new characters. At the very least, it would make no sense for the Ice Climbers not to be there, considering they were nearly finished in the Wii U version but Sakurai couldn't add them due to the 3DS.

People will have to move to Smash NX anyway even if it has no new characters, because that's the version that will keep getting balance patches in the future.

And I'm willing to bet Smash NX WILL have new characters. At the very least, it would make no sense for the Ice Climbers not to be there, considering they were nearly finished in the Wii U version but Sakurai couldn't add them due to the 3DS.

I don't think they'd skimp out on patches on the Wii U and 3DS, it would be quite the middle finger to those who couldn't quite work up yet.

It probably will have more characters tbh, if its even a thing. Don't have that wrong, I just don't think my side of things will be too pleased about it overall as much as the community liking new characters, having to pay for a full new console and rebuying the game just to continue playing, would be quite the annoyance.

But on the other hand, having characters exclusive to the NX would be a betrayal of the roster Balance that Sakurai kept between the Wii U and 3DS versions. He could have easily done something like IC exclusive to Wii U DLC, but he didn't because he actually has integrity and cares about the players.

It would go against that entirely if the NX has exclusives.

Edited by Jedi

While I agree that having to NX up wouldn't be the best situation, I'm fairly certain that the NX will get titles that greatly justify the purchase. I know I didn't buy my Wii U for the express purpose of playing Smash but for other stuff that interested me even back in 2012 with stuff like NSMBU and Pikmin and W101 coming the next year.

I'd surmise that Zelda Wii U as a port, a Galaxy-esque Mario, and Pikmin at least will be ringing in the NX. Like Pikmin's return on Wii U, expect an older series revival like Advance Wars or F-Zero or something. Maybe a Metroid Prime, a Kirby, or even Bayonetta 3. The amount of stuff the NX will likely have seems pretty large, so I'm sure this situation wouldn't be too terrible to have Smash NX exclusives.

But as a whole, I'm kinda done riding the Smash roller coaster for a while. I'd like to channel that hype into other stuff, so hopefully we get a direct this month. Bayonetta was absolutely the perfect swan song and probably my favorite character to play as in the game. It would be the first general Direct without Smash since last January IIRC. I enjoyed seeing all of the stuff from the November Direct, so I'd love to see what other focus comes. That and I need a Kid Icarus: Uprising sequel so I'm hungry to see what else Sakurai has in store.

I doubt a Smash NX port would have more characters. Probably just a "Complete Edition" with all the DLC so that new players don't have to spend ~$100 on everything like we have. We've never been given any indication how far along the Ice Climbers were before they got canned (they were running, but that doesn't mean anywhere near completed/balanced), and the supposedly last-minute inclusion of 8P-Smash could pose problems for the Icies anyway. As for other characters, that would NOT be received well by the community, and it would defeat the purpose of ending development of the Wii U/3DS games to free up the developers to work on other projects. I expect a straight NX port, with prettier lighting/textures at best. I'm not even sure I expect any further balancing changes.

Sakurai starts off by touching on Smash Bros. DLC just slightly. Aside from Lucas and Roy – who have been represented in Smash before – the DLC characters were made to offer unique gameplay. Sakurai refers to Corrin with his transformation and super range as well as Bayonetta who makes use of special combos, gun shots, and Witch Time.[/size]

Sakurai, via Famitsu interview

Edited by Elieson

"Aside from Mew2, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu to some extents, we schemed 2 competitive based characters."

Darude.

Nah they gave ryu those obnoxiously earbleeding shield scratches

Kinda sad to see Jigglypuff doomed to mediocrity, but I'm pretty sure by this point that it's on purpose. At least this means that Bayonetta and Cloud can never be touched, so I'm happy.

Otherwise, this vacation is certainly a good thing. I'd be upset if he comes back and then slaves over Smash again. That's not a very good experience to go from a vacation to what's essentially a prison, so eventually he should ease his way back in.