SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For- For Glory? Ah... Everyone should know, For Glory is a joke. Sakurai must know, to know his own game, he must be apart of it and his community; join tourney's, watch events and venues, talk and communicate with the fans and competitive players to get a better understanding of what they see compared to what he sees. This is 'just', and if Sakurai knew the community well enough, then he'd know that Diddy didn't need to be nerfed. That Diddy was pure, nothing substantially wrong.

i really think there's something wrong with diddy being able to kill you off a grab at 80% with rage when he has no issues racking up damage in the first place, and it's not like he got nerfed into oblivion either, he's still very very good

Edited by General Horace

For- For Glory? Ah... Everyone should know, For Glory is a joke. Sakurai must know, to know his own game, he must be apart of it and his community; join tourney's, watch events and venues, talk and communicate with the fans and competitive players to get a better understanding of what they see compared to what he sees. This is 'just', and if Sakurai knew the community well enough, then he'd know that Diddy didn't need to be nerfed. That Diddy was pure, nothing substantially wrong.

why though

Sakurai can't even speak fluent English IIRC. You expect him to learn English just to talk to stuck-up competitive players? Have they ever made a game? I find most of the competitive players intolerable, at least for Melee. Smash 4's community, such as ZeRo, is cool enough I guess? Of course, he said that Bayonetta doesn't feel like Bayonetta's a Smash character whatever that means.

This game is ridiculously balanced. Melee had like 6 garbage characters; this game has 3. Ganondorf, Zelda, and Jigglypuff are the only really unusable characters. I think For Glory is a perfectly fine indicator of the usual player. It's not really fair to expect the game to be balanced around the top players. This game has a massive amount of viable candidates and it has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2, the game where 6 whole characters are at all viable. I'd say Sakurai succeeded.

I'd also like to address the complaints in this topic about Ryu/Cloud/Bayonetta. I see a ton of complaints about how they're more advanced or whatever, but they should be the standard of every character, not something to be condemned. The amount of creativity that went into their conception should be commended. They're so amazing and put the other third parties to shames. It's not even third party bias, as Corrin is still completely unique and fits the parameters. I hope that tons of newcomers next game have combo power and gimmicks to set them apart. I hope Monado Arts/Limit Break/Ryu's Inputs/Bayonetta's Combo become standard fair even if it doesn't help competitive. I'd rather everything be unique and flashy.

why though

Sakurai can't even speak fluent English IIRC. You expect him to learn English just to talk to stuck-up competitive players? Have they ever made a game? I find most of the competitive players intolerable, at least for Melee. Smash 4's community, such as ZeRo, is cool enough I guess? Of course, he said that Bayonetta doesn't feel like Bayonetta's a Smash character whatever that means.

This game is ridiculously balanced. Melee had like 6 garbage characters; this game has 3. Ganondorf, Zelda, and Jigglypuff are the only really unusable characters. I think For Glory is a perfectly fine indicator of the usual player. It's not really fair to expect the game to be balanced around the top players. This game has a massive amount of viable candidates and it has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2, the game where 6 whole characters are at all viable. I'd say Sakurai succeeded.

I'd also like to address the complaints in this topic about Ryu/Cloud/Bayonetta. I see a ton of complaints about how they're more advanced or whatever, but they should be the standard of every character, not something to be condemned. The amount of creativity that went into their conception should be commended. They're so amazing and put the other third parties to shames. It's not even third party bias, as Corrin is still completely unique and fits the parameters. I hope that tons of newcomers next game have combo power and gimmicks to set them apart. I hope Monado Arts/Limit Break/Ryu's Inputs/Bayonetta's Combo become standard fair even if it doesn't help competitive. I'd rather everything be unique and flashy.

Man, the bait is too strong

Man, the bait is too strong

Usual player. Most people aren't exactly ace at the game. Obviously the FGC is way better, but I myself consistantly lose FG matches. I once lost repeatedly to a Jigglypuff with my Cloud. Just because you're better doesn't mean that it isn't perfectly valid.

I agree with all of this.

Sakurai still knows Japanese, there's stuff happening around him. Nuff said. Don't act like 'Mericuh', when Japan has the great players like, Ranai. His Villager almost toppled ZeRo's Shiek. So stuff is happening around Sakurai, but he just overlooks them despite the need. And really? No translator on their internet. It might be hard to find the evidence, but detective work doesn't mean clues just get thrown on you. Work for it. Like testing out the characters and discovering what a character needs to become better.

It's not ridiculously balanced, it's just the best balanced Smash game so far. Also helps with such a low learning curve. And you can say Sakurai succeeded, that's positive thinking, but realistically he still failed. Cause everyone wants Ganon to be used competitively and successfully, but we can't compared to even the mid tiers. Everyone wants Sheik's and Zero Suit Samus's more powerful canon counterparts to be up the tier list some more. And Marth should of had longer range than Sheik to begin with. No fighter is balanced, but I rather 3, fairly, tight tiers instead of 7-9 tiers. Is this the 'success' the community should deal with? People keep being biased and comparing with Melee, they lose sight comparing to other fighters.

Competitive players want more options and for the meta to evolve. Sakurai can say that adding new characters with new features adds to the game, but constant updates and changes for a better game is the same thing without any risk. ZeRo actually might consider some Marth in the future because of balancing and AceStar actually notices Marth now. It's like a new character just got added to the roster. Despite the fact that Sakurai has given Marth probably the most buffs of all the characters, many for the wrong reasons. What Sakurai should have done is turned that Dagger into a sword in the first place.

But what... you're gonna find all this on For Glory?

i really think there's something wrong with diddy being able to kill you off a grab at 80% with rage when he has no issues racking up damage in the first place, and it's not like he got nerfed into oblivion either, he's still very very good

This can be understood, but the nerf was before people realized... DI.

This can be understood, but the nerf was before people realized... DI.

The Hoo Hah existed before Vectoring was turned back into DI. Vectoring had a great effect and could keep people from dying early, but even with that the old Diddy Kong was stupid beyond belief, you died at 80%

Edited by Jedi

the only relevant character with a kill throw is ness. There's like, Mario's bthrow but that doesn't kill that early.

characters like prepatch bowser (why sakurai), charizard and dk are supposed to kill early, they're heavyweights with strong moves (and throws). Giving a kill throw or setup to someone who's fast and can rack up damage easily and safely that can just end a stock with a grab (not to mention it's easier to grab with faster characters too) seems kinda dumb. There's a reason sonic's killthrow got nerfed.

ZSS is kind of dumb but it's not a braindead combo like Diddy's was and you can actually mix up your opponent or if you're good enough escape the boost kick.

Edited by General Horace

My 8 month Smash hiatus made me forget how terrible I am against Little Mac players. Is it normal for a Villager main, like me, to struggle with Mac's?

Edited by Leif

http://oddshot.tv/shot/showdownsmash-201602125325380 So this just happened hahaha. Get rekt Bayo.

My 8 month Smash hiatus made me forget how terrible I am against Little Mac players. Is it normal for a Villager main, like me, to struggle with Mac's?

You should be able to camp him out, but then again that super armor is pretty annoying. Villager should be able to get him into the air and off stage fairly easily though.

ZSS's grab is also fairly bad.

@whoever knife was responding to: you weren't even right about what you said about melee, not to mention smash 4.

Edited by Comet

So this is what Clewd sounds like if they used some voice clips from Dissidia.

Pretty dope.

I seriously was expecting the devs to do just that for the English version; rip some lines/grunts from AC and Dissidia.

I seriously was expecting the devs to do just that for the English version; rip some lines/grunts from AC and Dissidia.

Didn't they do that for Sonic and the Koopalings in this game?

I think their lines were ripped, but I'm not sure.