SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they could have ripped the audio doesn't mean they were allowed to. Everything about Cloud not getting an English voice is probably bureaucratic considering his main voice actor wasn't even contacted about it.

Just because they could have ripped the audio doesn't mean they were allowed to. Everything about Cloud not getting an English voice is probably bureaucratic considering his main voice actor wasn't even contacted about it.

Also, I think it has to do with keeping him hidden until his reveal. I'm not sure who heard about this, but apparently (I kinda forgot some details since this happened months ago when the Smash Ballot was still up and going)...a certain site made a mistake (somehow) and the voice actor for Shantae, had "Super Smash Bros." added to her list of appearances. As you could imagine, the internet exploded, and people thought Shantae was coming to Smash Bros...for a while anyway.

While it did end in it being a mistake, it caused a lot of commotion fast.

To bring in Cloud's voice actor would be quite...dangerous to such a big secret.

Yes, they had time between the reveal and Cloud's release to get his english VA, but I imagine that it was bit too late for that...probably. I don't know how long it takes to record VA's and put them in a game.

It's just a possiblity and a thought of mine. :3

Also, I think it has to do with keeping him hidden until his reveal. I'm not sure who heard about this, but apparently (I kinda forgot some details since this happened months ago when the Smash Ballot was still up and going)...a certain site made a mistake (somehow) and the voice actor for Shantae, had "Super Smash Bros." added to her list of appearances. As you could imagine, the internet exploded, and people thought Shantae was coming to Smash Bros...for a while anyway.

While it did end in it being a mistake, it caused a lot of commotion fast.

To bring in Cloud's voice actor would be quite...dangerous to such a big secret.

Yes, they had time between the reveal and Cloud's release to get his english VA, but I imagine that it was bit too late for that...probably. I don't know how long it takes to record VA's and put them in a game.

It's just a possiblity and a thought of mine. :3

Not sure if that's a likely reason since they managed to get his Japanese voice actor on board. Unless they use archive recordings for the Japanese voice, I don't think they do though.

Not sure if that's a likely reason since they managed to get his Japanese voice actor on board. Unless they use archive recordings for the Japanese voice, I don't think they do though.

Yeeeah...I wasn't too sure either, but it was worth a mention! :3

One thing does still kinda stands though......they probably did ALOT to keep Cloud soooooo under wraps because...it was pretty hugh news.

There, Bayonetta isn't broken. I can see a lot of her supposed 0-deaths actually be really risky in a tournament setting. It makes sense tbh, as all combo videos are on dummies.

This Smash Bros player, Saj, is really good with her in this tournament, though. He really knows how to Witch Time.

Didn't they do that for Sonic and the Koopalings in this game?

I think their lines were ripped, but I'm not sure.

Koopalings and other Mario characters yeah, but Roger Craig Smith actually dubbed new stuff for Sonic in Smash 4, if they wanted to be lazy in respect to Sonic they could have just kept Griffith's lines lol.

Edited by Jedi

Koopalings and other Mario characters yeah, but Roger Craig Smith actually dubbed new stuff for Sonic in Smash 4, if they wanted to be lazy in respect to Sonic they could have just kept Griffith's lines lol.

I know he was voiced by Roger in Smash 4.

But from what I've heard, they actually reused his voice clips from Sonic Generations.

But from what I've heard, they actually reused his voice clips from Sonic Generations.

As someone who's played Generations, I can say the only things they could have possibly taken are his grunts. The taunts/victory lines are new.

Edited by Jedi

As someone who's played Generations, I can say the only things they could have possibly taken are his grunts. The taunts/victory lines are new.

Really?

I remember that in the early days of Smash 4 people complaining about Sonic's voice clips being reused, but I guess they were wrong.

Really?

I remember that in the early days of Smash 4 people complaining about Sonic's voice clips being reused, but I guess they were wrong.

I remember more people complaining that Sakurai didn't use his Classic look. -rolls eyes-

Then we move on to Fox's voice.

Funny thing is the guy did ok in the remake of Starfox 64 for the 3DS (I mean its the same guy who voiced him in 64), and he's sounding pretty solid in Zero, he might have had bad direction in this one.

I'd just like to bring up what a terrible casualty Ai no Uta was

I don't even care it it was fitting but I need it badly as with Mona Pizza's Song. I know Squirtle and Ivysaur being gone is sad but this might be worse tbh

there's probably more music gone but I can't really remember it.

I don't recall ever hearing "SONIC SPEED" in sonic generations

on the other hand, my cousin got some mario and sonic olympic bullshit game for christmas once

and when he was playing it I definitely heard "SONIC SPEED" a few times

so I don't know if that was recycled too but it's probably not from generations

but yeah a lot of his lines are definitely reused

Edited by maybe

This game is ridiculously balanced. Melee had like 6 garbage characters; this game has 3. Ganondorf, Zelda, and Jigglypuff are the only really unusable characters. I think For Glory is a perfectly fine indicator of the usual player. It's not really fair to expect the game to be balanced around the top players. This game has a massive amount of viable candidates and it has more characters than Marvel vs Capcom 2, the game where 6 whole characters are at all viable. I'd say Sakurai succeeded.

I really believe Zelda and Jigglypuff weren't buffed because of consideration for doubles where their high risk playstyle with poor approach ability is partly mitigated by a partner. Also apparently Zelda players online are really good, probably because the only people who keep playing her are reaaaally good. I feel bad for Jigglypuff who has very few good matchups (Sonic is a goddamn nightmare) but again, seems like her online presense is ok. Unfortunately it feels like Sakurai is content for Jigglypuff to remain a joke character after Melee (one of the final unlocks of Brawl only to be one of the worst characters), and who knows what the hell he's thinking with Zelda and Samus. A Samus homing missile can't even bounce back a Dedede Gordo it's so useless...

I really believe Zelda and Jigglypuff weren't buffed because of consideration for doubles where their high risk playstyle with poor approach ability is partly mitigated by a partner. Also apparently Zelda players online are really good, probably because the only people who keep playing her are reaaaally good. I feel bad for Jigglypuff who has very few good matchups (Sonic is a goddamn nightmare) but again, seems like her online presense is ok. Unfortunately it feels like Sakurai is content for Jigglypuff to remain a joke character after Melee (one of the final unlocks of Brawl only to be one of the worst characters), and who knows what the hell he's thinking with Zelda and Samus. A Samus homing missile can't even bounce back a Dedede Gordo it's so useless...

Talk shit, Get Fit. lol.

Don't complain about bad voices until you've heard the german Wii Fit Trainers. You could dub a filthy movie with his grunts.
And german Sonic, oh god. "Nein!", "Lichtgeschwindigkeit!".

I've set my 3ds to english for a good reason.

Also, Cloud with english voice clips is still worse than just giving us Terra instead.

It will give him a niche advantage against Bayonetta who is looking to be a semi-common threat, so yeah he will go up on the tier list as a result. He also has tons of multihits/secondary hitboxes to stuff Witch Time.