SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, this reminds me how happy I am that they patched Ike's Dash attack to be an actual kill move.

They did?! Sweet! I haven't played Ike after the patch, so I wouldn't have known. I'm really happy for this! :3

I got rid of my Miis today (because I never use them) and the CSS looks so much better without them. Yes, I know this is late.

I prefer it with Miis since that puts Link and Zelda with the rest of their series reps.

As I posted a while back, all the DLC fighters are on a second page on the 3DS version, and they sized the arrow icon so that every single base fighter fits on the first page.

I still find it stupid, why the character selection isn't used for he touch screen. Tap and select your character. Save money or room, I dunno?

Easier to design the interface considering the bottom screen in game contains all your character battle information and the top screen is wider giving more space for the creators to put more character icons.

True, but you could just scale the images down.

but now you have to scale the player select tokens down even further considering CPU tokens occupy the spaces of the images. The interface is already clustered enough for the bottom screen. What we have already is good enough.

I'd personally like the CSS to be on the touch screen, with the top screen displaying the character models doing their idle animations (as that would help with alt costumes; for instance, two of Bayonetta's look exactly alike on the 3DS because they only show her head and shoulders).

I agree the character select should be on the touch screen, especially with so many characters. One of the defining features of a great game is how much it uses the system hardware to maximize convenience.

I'd personally like the CSS to be on the touch screen, with the top screen displaying the character models doing their idle animations (as that would help with alt costumes; for instance, two of Bayonetta's look exactly alike on the 3DS because they only show her head and shoulders).

While this would be cool, I don't think that this is realistically possible. The hardware probably wouldn't be capable of loading all the different models fast enough when called upon, especially for four players at once. I mean, the system already takes a while to load the portraits off all the individual Mii fighters.

I still find it stupid, why the character selection isn't used for he touch screen. Tap and select your character. Save money or room, I dunno?

I don't know. I imagine it would be a nightmare to move those little character selectors around with your finger.

Edit: Personally if I got to choose, I would want the character selection screen to work like the ones from the Treasure's DS fighting games based on Bleach. It's a bit difficult to describe if someone hasn't used it, but I would say that the greatest advantage of it, is that the player gets to switch between the selectors of the different players using the shoulder buttons. It's a neat system to handle a character selection for up to 4 players and it works equally well for touch control and traditional button controls.

Edited by BrightBow

While this would be cool, I don't think that this is realistically possible. The hardware probably wouldn't be capable of loading all the different models fast enough when called upon, especially for four players at once. I mean, the system already takes a while to load the portraits off all the individual Mii fighters.

Oh would argue that Smash Bros 1 did it why not the other titles but people also have to know it was a time when loading on cartridges were much faster and the models and textures weren't as detailed.

Edited by kingddd

I don't know. I imagine it would be a nightmare to move those little character selectors around with your finger.

Edit: Personally if I got to choose, I would want the character selection screen to work like the ones from the Treasure's DS fighting games based on Bleach. It's a bit difficult to describe if someone hasn't used it, but I would say that the greatest advantage of it, is that the player gets to switch between the selectors of the different players using the shoulder buttons. It's a neat system to handle a character selection for up to 4 players and it works equally well for touch control and traditional button controls.

Touch Pen?

Surprised they didn't talk about the amount of Fire Emblem characters in the game. That seems to be topic that's high in salt content now in days among the Smash fan base.

and it will be for the next 6-7 years