SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Yeah, the Link in Spirit Tracks is a different Link from the one in The Wind Waker. Which is why I never thought TL being in the train on the Spirit Train stage meant that he wouldn't be playable. What baffles me more is why Alfonzo replaces him if you play as Toon Link on that stage. Because as I said, it's not the same Link.

That's certainly true, but it's still kinda silly to have a Toon Link operating the train and one fighting, even if they are technically different people. And Alfonzo's pretty cool too... I'll appreciate his presence.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I guess so. :P

Man, October can't come fast enough! I wanna play RD Ike and bust out Luigi's new Poltergust FS so baaad.

Edited by Anacybele

For those who are Metroid fans (I haven't had the opportunity to get into it quite yet), who would you have be a second Metroid rep besides Ridley?

There is literally no one unless you take some random one-off character like a hunter from Hunters or someone from Other M. Or a space pirate, which would basically be like playing as a morph or risen from Fire Emblem.

I guess I would take Dark Samus as a secondary character. Its an important part of the Metroid Prime series and it appears in multiple games. In addition, it has plenty of unique moveset opportunities, so it wouldn't be a clone. It could even have some phazon stability gimmick, like Lucario's aura or Little Mac's KO meter, which could make it an even more unique character.

That being said, Ridley better portrays the series as a whole, has plenty of moveset potential, and is definitely a unique character. So I'd still prefer the good ole dragon.

Edited by Kyea

Yeah, I guess so. :P

Man, October can't come fast enough! I wanna play RD Ike and bust out Luigi's new Poltergust FS so baaad.

We feel your pain D:

I wanna kick butt with the new Zero Suit SSOOO BADLY. And I really need to try out Peach, Zelda, and Ike. And try Palutena, Little Mac, and Rosalina. And the new stages!

Which, only have 2 returning stages so far... I personally hated Jungle Japes. I wish the 3DS got Halberd. But I guess it would like better recreated in HD on the Wii U.

Speaking of old stages, I hope Sakurai does what he did with Brawl and make stages from the previous game available. I still really like Castle Siege, Luigi's Mansion, Eldin Bridge, and some other stages!

I also can't wait to try out the customization options. Even if Ike doesn't get his blue fire, he still must get some cool options! But I also just want to kick ass with his brute power! I love how he's such a powerhouse. :3

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of which that, didn't anyone heard anything from the E3 demo if Lyn has that same similar voice from Brawl or does she sounded compelety different from Brawl since she did have an English voice actress in Brawl like "I'll handel this.", "Pepare yourself.", etc.? (Just a little curious)

Edited by King Marth 64

I guess I would take Dark Samus as a secondary character. Its an important part of the Metroid Prime series and it appears in multiple games. In addition, it has plenty of unique moveset opportunities, so it wouldn't be a clone. It could even have some phazon stability gimmick, like Lucario's aura or Little Mac's KO meter, which could make it an even more unique character.

I take it that you don't know that she's an assist trophy, right?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I take it that you don't know that she's an assist trophy, right?

I know Dark Samus is an assist trophy. It was a theoretical question. "Who would you have as a second Metroid rep besides Ridley?" Even if DS isn't going to be a character, it's who I would take as a Metroid rep besides Ridley.

What about Anthony Hig- *shot*

There really isn't a plausible character from the Metroid Series that is 1. Widely known and well liked and 2. Physically possible to add as a playable character. The hunters from Metroid Prime aren't all that important to the series as a whole, and haven't appeared in anything outside of subseries. And while there are some decently developed human characters in Other M, only Anthony and Adam (and maybe MB), the game itself was generally disliked, and there's no reason to try and revive it this late. Fighting wise, I kinda doubt Anthony would work nicely with his heavy plasma gun, and Adam wouldn't be all that interesting, honestly,

If size truly doesn't matter, then how about Kraid? :awesome:

Edited by Village King

For those who are Metroid fans (I haven't had the opportunity to get into it quite yet), who would you have be a second Metroid rep besides Ridley?

Literally no one with Dark Samus and Mother Brain being confirmed as an assist trophy. Kraid is really the only other recurring villain, but his entire gimmick is being gigantic. Adam Malkovich is possible, but I doubt he'd be in it because everyone hated Other M and he's one of the reasons (I'd go as far as to say the only reason apart from Samus' voice acting) the story was so shit. Some people have said Rundas, but I doubt a one-off boss from one of the Prime games would make it, even a memorable one.

What about Anthony Hig- *shot*

There really isn't a plausible character from the Metroid Series that is 1. Widely known and well liked and 2. Physically possible to add as a playable character. The hunters from Metroid Prime aren't all that important to the series as a whole, and haven't appeared in anything outside of subseries. And while there are some decently developed human characters in Other M, only Anthony and Adam (and maybe MB), the game itself was generally disliked, and there's no reason to try and revive it this late. Fighting wise, I kinda doubt Anthony would work nicely with his heavy plasma gun, and Adam wouldn't be all that interesting, honestly,

If size truly doesn't matter, then how about Kraid? :awesome:

Man MB or Kraid would be a pretty funny playable character. Make Kraid the original NES size and we're good to go.

mt50ivz.jpg

Edited by kingddd

Yeah the hunters don't seem that great. I'd rather have U-Mos than any of them. On another note, a Chozo statue would be kind of a cool assist trophy. It could give you a random power-up.

Although it seems like Sakurai doesn't always do "plausible"/likely characters.

Edited by Kyea

Today confirms that there is an alternate costume for Link based on his Skyward Sword Skyloft Tunic! Who else is gonna get Alt. Costumes? Who do you want?

Link_Skyward_Sword_Clothes.jpg

Spirit Tracks TL doesn't have, nor get the Master Sword. The game is set a hundred years after Phantom Hourglass anyway, so WW/PH TL =/= ST TL

Also, remember this taunt

screen-2.jpg

Yeah, specially considering that Toon Link was announced because Wind Waker got the HD remake it was pretty obvious its that Link from WW, same boomerang/hookshot too lul. But its still the same timeline which is the point and its still 2 toon links, the same character but different timeline and you think its different? Its like thinking there could be the Link from TP (The one in smash) and one from Ocarina since they are "different" ? xDDD Nah, the thing is Toon Link was first stated as an hazzard and then he became playable, the Alfonzo thing proves it even further, despite the TL took is the Wind Waker one.

-------------------

The only recurring enemies in the Metroid Series I would say, are Ridley, Kraid and Mother Brain (Along the Metroids itself ofc) and the Metroid and Mother Brain are assist trophies, Dark Samus who could also be a potential enemy (Or you could also see the SAX as another similar version of it, so I see a "Samus clone" as a recurring enemy) its another assist trophy as well... So there is really nothing much to pick, even if those werent in, Ridley would still be the potential number 1 choice, but if those others are taken there is really 0 competitors.

I think you cant comes up with a moveset for Kraid xDD, plus his importance in the plot isnt that great; anyways he barely moves and attacks shooting from his own belly or nails, his size covering almost all the room is mostly his weapon and you cant use that in the smash (Not the size argument, but the thing he is slow/big almost an enemy that doesnt move). At least we got Kraid as a stage hazzard in Melee, which I found pretty cool when I saw him.

The random hunters or people that help Samus like Adam or Anthony I dont really see them any chances... And man I really hope so, that would be catastrophic, not only because "everyone" hates Other M, but because they certainly dont deserve that spot at all

SKYWARD SWORD LINK FUCK YEAH!! :D

I wanna play as regular Link again! And Zelda better get a Skyward Sword Zelda dress to match! It's only right, Sakurai! PWEEEZ? :3

This also makes me want a Vanguard Ike and Mr. L Luigi palette even more. *drools*

Edited by Anacybele

It's the outfit he starts out with at the beginning of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's somewhat similar to his starting outfit in Twilight Princess.

Yeah, the hat does look a bit silly lol, but I don't care, it's still mah favorite Link other than OoT Adult Link and Toon Link. :3

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE WIND WAKER PAJAMA TOON LINK༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGIVE LUCINA MARTH༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Yeah, it would've been even cooler if Sakurai did a real Skyward Sword Link alternate with an altered model like Wario got in Brawl or the Wii Fit Trainer and Villager got. But it might take too much development time to do this for everyone.

So I'm gonna accept the next best thing lol. It looks enough like Skyward Sword Link to me!

Also, we now have Wireframe Little Mac and Skyward Sword Link for more complicated alternates! I think it's safe to say everyone else will get such an alternate too, as it's only fair, right? What do you want the other characters to get?

As I stated above, Ike needs his Vanguard outfit, it only makes sense! RD Ike promoted to Vanguard!

I also said Luigi needs Mr. L, his alter ego from Super Paper Mario (Luigi got brainwashed and turned against his friends)

Zelda should get Skyward Sword Zelda to go with SS Link, as I said.

Toon Link... A Link Between Worlds Link? Yeah, that would be simple enough to do.

Ganondorf...OoT Ganondorf or TWW Ganondorf since he didn't appear in SS. Or maybe he could cosplay as Demise. lol

Marth, you know my answer for him.

Avatar, if he/she gets in, should get Grandmaster.

Chrom, if he's in instead, Great Lord.

Mario should get Dr. Mario or Striker Mario, I guess. xP Or maybe Cloud Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 2?

Peach already has Daisy. Though I still wouldn't play as her because she's still Peach. xP

Rosalina needs Fire Rosalina.

The Pokémon need their shiny colorations, of course.

And that's all I can think of for now.