SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Less badly I stated in the comment that Kirby was the worst character in Melee but was pretty good in the others xD

Comet: It the reasons WHY they won the tournaments that the tier lists change. And no, meta knight was thought be bad at first.

Yeah, and Ike was considered cheap the first days lul, but the "Meta Knight is broken" and people start complaining about how absurd he was in the game didnt take much longer. Not many tournaments results were needed to see this thing coming; and Snake was the 2nd-3rd character the first years anyways until he drop all that way back because new things were discovered (Which is the main reason WHY a character gets higher, tournament results and new techniques have changed MUs). Its so absurd that many of the spots in the tier are based upon who has a better MU vs MK, just that absurd.

Oh and Ice Climbers were always "ok" and nothing more.. If it wasnt for the Wobbling and the "One grab, one kill" which I find totally stupid by the way, but since Meta Knight still pwns the tournament and all the system/tier/matchups is created towards him and he still wins almost everything, they do not fear Ice Climbers or do not find necesary to ban the wobbling. They got higher in the tier just because of that.

The same technique is applied almost the same in Melee, but here thanks to the good mechanics it isnt at all a real issue and its not that absurd, happens when the game requires more skill than simply shieldgrabbing and take one stock out.

Many people in fact want some kind of rework in the new smash because Ice Climbers usually lead to problem in balancing the metagame.

Kirby is the actual worst. One of his best options most of the time is rolling, and that speaks for itself. Pichu isn't that bad, dammit.

Both Kirby and Pichu are considered the worst characters in the game xD, but Pichu has more kill potential (Usmash NTSC ftw) and its a better choice if you ask me, too bad all his attacks involving good KO or combo hurt him xDDD.

Edited by Volug Vanguard

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noting where someone placed in the tier list before changes doesn't really help your case, you know. Regardless of where one ranked before, are they still there now?

In the case of DDD and Kirby, no, they're not

Edited by The King

I do find this absolutely hilarious and its the perfect counter argument to any "Sakurai bias" comment.

For balancing, I agree. But I still think Sakurai has shown a little bias elsewhere. For example, making all three Kirby reps default characters in Brawl. Having Kirby be one of the first characters you can play as in the SSE. Pit and Kirby being on both Smash Wii U/3DS cover arts. Etc.

The only thing I'm surprised at is the still-going absence of Meta Knight on the official site. Imo, either they're having trouble not making him as OP as before or he's actually going to be unlockable this time.

Noting where someone placed in the tier list before changes doesn't really help your case, you know. Regardless of where one ranked before, are they still there now?

In the case of DDD and Kirby, no, they're not

Not knowing much of the competitive scene doesnt help you either by saying Kirby and DDD havent been one of the best picks in the game, just because now things have changed because metagame has changed (Some stages that were once usable are now illegal, new techniques have been discovered and improved, new matchups choices everywhere) its due the players. If people hadnt keep on playing it for those years, DDD and Kirby would still be considered in the high tiers and your argument would be invalid, the same thing if tomorrow "by some magic new technique discovered that breaks the meta" Meta Knight stopped being op in Brawl for any reason, would you say he wasnt OP in Brawl? This is much the same

Not knowing much of the competitive scene doesnt help you either by saying Kirby and DDD havent been one of the best picks in the game, just because now things have changed because metagame has changed (Some stages that were once usable are now illegal, new techniques have been discovered and improved, new matchups choices everywhere) its due the players. If people hadnt keep on playing it for those years, DDD and Kirby would still be considered in the high tiers and your argument would be invalid, the same thing if tomorrow "by some magic new technique discovered that breaks the meta" Meta Knight stopped being op in Brawl for any reason, would you say he wasnt OP in Brawl? This is much the same

You're dodging my point here with mere speculation. Yeah, things could have stayed the same, and those two probably would still be high tier. Hell, if possible it probably could change again, along with their ranking.

But here's the thing, I'm not talking about what was, or what could have been. Right now, they're not what you say

Oh yeah, I just remembered. I had a dream about Smash again last night. And of course, Ike was in it. lol But he wasn't the major thing. No, I dreamed that another demo for Smash was made available for download and I played it with some of you guys for hours and hours... Haha. And I was able to use Luigi. I think Randoman was one of the people I was playing with. Then near the end of the dream, I got a screen saying a challenger was approaching and Ike's silhouette appeared. I was like "OH. MY. GODS!!" and unlocked Ike right away. XD I found out that Sakurai was gradually releasing a few characters to be unlocked in the demo. But certain stages, game modes, and even characters still remained unavailable and that the characters unlockable in the demo wouldn't necessarily remain unlockable in the final game.

I doubt this will happen for real though, haha. Another demo could be possible, but I see no sense in gradually adding stuff to it when the final product is around the corner. lol

I think you may or may not be a prophet. Then again, my most recent Smash dream had the principal of my school in as a playable character...

...Mii Fighters...

I personally think Kirby is definetely the actual worst. His frame data is horrible, terrible mobility both in the air and on the ground, all his moves are punishable, lacks kill power, lacks range. Everything about him is awful. Even his recovery is terrible for someone with so many jumps.

Pichu at least has the nair as a good move and his usmash kills pretty early (even though it's difficult to connect). He also has quite a good acceleration on his jump ala captain falcon to approach with and a decent recovery.

I think you may or may not be a prophet.

You could be right about that. All the dreams I had about Ike had him as RD Ike. And look who we got in the roster. And just a week before his reveal, the dream I had about it felt the most real of them all. Then the morning of May 23rd, when I got up, I said to myself "It's gotta be Ike today, I can feel it." Just remembered this.

And I do have a knack for correctly predicting future events. Obviously, I'm not psychic and able to see every part of the future whatsoever, but whenever I do make a prediction, it's almost always accurate.

Edited by Anacybele

Something that's actually been bugging me for a while: why is creator bias being considered for Kid Icarus characters? Sakurai didn't create Kid Icarus. As far as I can tell, his only connection to the series is directing Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Something that's actually been bugging me for a while: why is creator bias being considered for Kid Icarus characters? Sakurai didn't create Kid Icarus. As far as I can tell, his only connection to the series is directing Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Pit only had one game back in the oblivion, Pit is even a Melee Trophy, followed to being a character in Brawl up from "nowhere", much like Ice Climber did in Melee for example. Thus considering he brought Pit´s popularity back for his Brawl appearence and he made his new game, its pretty much easy to see the bias in there. You can Pit´s moveset being changed for a better and Palutena getting 12 specials as a sort of big bias, even tho other character got a little of this, like Samus getting a new Nair or DK getting finally his roll as dash attack, but still Kid Icarus receive more or the same "bias" you could say about Dreamland series.

Also that anime unique animation helps to see the "bias" as well in the spectacular appearence of Palutena, even tho this might be also due being E3 but still. He is basically the creator of "new Pit" considering the 3DS game doesnt look anything like the old NES one, and kept his Brawl design moreless.

Its funny how Pit was also very popular in Japan competitive Brawl scene, to the point in the Japanese tier he was holding high spots while in the american/European tier he was simply a mid tier (During some time, as I already said I dont check Brawl anymore since I totally lost my interest like 2 years ago, the game has had 6 years in existence).

I see the bias because Sakurai is the father of the "new Pit", its like he has created the character again on its own. I may be even slipping more details, since I havent played the 3DS game and I cant say if all those other characters/items that appear in this smash from Kid Icarus are his inventions or were already in the original game, but the idea that Sakurai is the creator of the actual Pit and Palutena is what makes me believe that.

In the end Sakurai has been listening to fans, so what we see as Kid Icarus, Metroid preference (So far the ones who got the most along the Mii Figthers) may not be a bias but rather than global balancing issues like the ones said before, Samus was very bad in Brawl but she was awesome in Melee, smilar thing goes for Sheik and she has divided the double characters now, DK got a better Roll...

But he did make the modern personas and designs of all of Kid Icarus' characters and revived the series almost entirely by himself.

Kirby's pros: up tilt, roll, swallowcide, bair, decent fsmash

Cons: everything else is bad and he can easily get combo'd

Pichu pros: up tilt (really disjointed), nair (disjointed behind his butt), uair (disjointed), one of the fastest characters in the game probably second to only fox and sometimes faster, other moves aren't complete crap

Cons: dies really really really fast. Self damage doesn't matter since not using useful moves in fear of taking that 1% is a bad idea and you're not getting much more longevity anyway from not using them

Ana's not a prophet, do you know how many FE anniversaries she brought up and nothing happened though it may have been planned

I personally think Kirby is definetely the actual worst. His frame data is horrible, terrible mobility both in the air and on the ground, all his moves are punishable, lacks kill power, lacks range. Everything about him is awful. Even his recovery is terrible for someone with so many jumps.

Pichu at least has the nair as a good move and his usmash kills pretty early (even though it's difficult to connect). He also has quite a good acceleration on his jump ala captain falcon to approach with and a decent recovery.

And if I'm not wrong, Kirby's Up Special got kinda nerfed in SSB4

or is it me?

Edited by Quintessence

SlqdMXG.jpg

新参戦キャラが大活躍の予感!?

Shin sansen kyara ga daikatsuyaku no yokan!?

"A premonition/hunch that a newcomer will join the battle?!"

"Sansen" (literally "join the battle") is the term Smash has used since Brawl in Japanese to refer to new characters, though back then they used the term "newcomer."

*New as not pictured. Could be either veteran or newcomer.

At first I thought that it might just be referring to being able to use some of the already-announced new characters, except that with the whole hunch/premonition thing, they're clearly teasing at a new character announcement.

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/s/232033-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-world-hobby-fair-2014-flyer-hinting-at-another-character-reveal

----------------------------------------------------

So this is basically an event/convention that its taking place right now in Japan, lasts until tomorrow. Here they are basically hinting us a new character, either be a newcomer or a veteran, so maybe tomorrow we get news of it and the page will be updated with new information. We will have to wait until tomorrow anyways, lets stay tuned xDD

Edited by Volug Vanguard

Ok, everybody choose 2 characters and try to guess xDDD. I think the revealed (Or maybe they reveal more than just one!) would be a high popularity in Japan so I would go for Chrom or Shulk, however I will stick with my fanboyism ;D

-Ridley

-Mewtwo

Edited by Volug Vanguard