SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm surprised of the FS, they didn't bother to change Peach's.

I mean hers seriously sucked... badly. Besides the dealing 10% - 40% (which was great), it was easily avoidable, and as long as you keep your distance, you keep wake up right away.

640px-Peach_Blossom_3DS.png

Yer kidding right? In the hands of a deadly Peach Player, Her FS will wreck you. A fast Peach will use a smash attack on you before you can fast wake up.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it was buffed to put everyone to sleep for equal amounts of time?

I hope so! A free fall for everyone in the air would be nice.

Yer kidding right? In the hands of a deadly Peach Player, Her FS will wreck you. A fast Peach will use a smash attack on you before you can fast wake up.

Probably so, but the other players would also have to be on the ground at that time. There's always grabbing, jumping, and up-specials to help avoid it.

Though, I see how it could be used to easily kill people. If you're aiming for one specific person, I guess it helps.

Any word on Mewtwo? I know the leaker on reddit gave some kind of information on him but is there any concrete evidence he's back?

No, none. But there's still a chance for him.

The Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer amiibos were sold out pretty fast in amazon. Hopefully they'll get more preorders back up.

I hope so too, I need to preorder MAI WAIFU WII FIT TRAINER-CHAN~

IMO the real power of peach's FS is that if they're offstage when you use it, they're dead, period. A lot of players will probably be really aggressive at you as soon as you break the ball, because who wouldn't want to avoid being forced to not really play for a bit, so you could well goad them into coming towards the edge and tipping them over then giving them a sendoff. Also, at least for brawl Peach, "some asshole running into your float spacing+turnips over and over and over" is often a great situation to be in regardless (said the Wario player, grumpily.)

But yeah it's no WARIOMAN

Also reporting in to note I fully endorse Shulk in shorts, all things about our situation considered

Seen it. Pretty sure it's fake. Some people have said something about that being the Brawl model, and I really doubt the tagline will be anything referencing his size. That's much more a joke among fans than something they'd do officially. Besides, it would be "Ridley Looms Large."

"Ridley Downsizes" would be better anyway, considering he's normally too big.

You know, I was super anti-Miis-in-Smash for the longest time, but then I went and made a bunch when they showed they were the "wireframes" of this game...

Now I have a bunch of characters that would never make it in (like FE antagonists and GoT characters) and historical figures waiting to be unleashed into Smash... And Miis are suddenly one of the characters I'm most hyped to play as. XD

That ain't Other M Ridley. With the Other M boss stage for Ridley already long confirmed, I highly doubt they would use any other version of Ridley. He's quite a bit different from the Brawl version.

43.jpg

tbh I'd prefer Boss Ridley and then Little Birdie as a playable character

You know, I was super anti-Miis-in-Smash for the longest time, but then I went and made a bunch when they showed they were the "wireframes" of this game...

Now I have a bunch of characters that would never make it in (like FE antagonists and GoT characters) and historical figures waiting to be unleashed into Smash... And Miis are suddenly one of the characters I'm most hyped to play as. XD

Looks like I'm going to fighting myself, my friends, the game grumps, random internet celebrities, Hitler, Jesus, and Ned Stark whenever I go to multiman melee..

Edited by Kamina

0NTw2mT.jpg

Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle...but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too. By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!

Today's PotD confirms Riki as an Assist Trophy and as part of Shulk's Final Smash. Sakurai doesn't refer to him as the Heropon, sadly. Tingle's also confirmed to return as well.

You know, considering Shulk is a sword fighter with counter, I can't help but wonder if he was, in a sense, chosen over Chrom. There are only so many ways to make someone who fights with just a sword, and I can't imagine they'd want two sword newcomers together, so I could see Sakurai having considered Chrom, but ultimately choosing Robin instead and using Shulk for what might have been what Chrom could have been - but obviously with some differences to account for the fact they are different characters.

In the above scenario, I'd say he definitely made the correct decision.

You know, considering Shulk is a sword fighter with counter, I can't help but wonder if he was, in a sense, chosen over Chrom. There are only so many ways to make someone who fights with just a sword, and I can't imagine they'd want two sword newcomers together, so I could see Sakurai having considered Chrom, but ultimately choosing Robin instead and using Shulk for what might have been what Chrom could have been - but obviously with some differences to account for the fact they are different characters.

In the above scenario, I'd say he definitely made the correct decision.

I think personally, that Robin was chosen over Chrom possibly due to the devs not being sure how to make Chrom fight differently than Ike or Marth. Shulk's counter is there because it would be impossible to make his foresight work any other way in the game.

@Pic of the Day: Ouch. I'm glad the Heropon made it to the Final Smash, but having him as Assist Trophy is technically a good idea due to Riki being more a support character inflicting status ailments, healing or playing with other interesting in-game mechanic. But I see this can cause an uproar considering the popularity of other characters like Reyn or the importance of characters like Fiora; apart from the rage of Chrom fans.

I would've, personally, preferred Fiora or Melia as Assist Trophy because char's that don't appear in Shulk's FS get a disadvantage, but welp, it's pleasing seeing Xenoblade getting slowly into the game.

Fiora is not an assist trophy because she's obviously going to be playable.

Oh who am I kidding

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Shulk

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Fiora

http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Melia

Well...like Fire Emblem, Xenoblade gets the praise and attention that it deserves...I suppose.

The gameplay mechanics look somewhat like Secret Of Mana's. ...And those Jap symbols coming out of his blade are the arts of Monado. Sounds like a good game...

...maaaaybeeee I'll trrrrrrry it soon. :D

Edited by PuffPuff