SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else like Bowser's new stance? He looked like a hunch back in the old game. Maybe he had some training with the Wii fit trainer.

At first I didn't like his new stance since it seemed to be going off his more "cartoony" appearances, if you will, but now I think he seems a lot better than he's ever been in the series. He seems lighter and faster for sure.

Dixie > King K and Toad > Bowser Jr are looking like serious possibilities now, looking at the new DKC and Super Mario 3D World.

I thought the same for Dixie Kong when I saw her in Tropical Freeze. I'm still not sure about Toad. It seems like they've redone the movesets a bit so whether or not Peach's B move has changed will be quite telling, whenever she is shown, assuming we'd see her before a hypothetical Toad reveal.

Excited by what I saw. As for out-of-nowhere characters like Wii Fit Trainer, eh, the only two newcomers I would honestly be upset if they didn't make it in are Chrom and Shulk, and only three newcomers have been revealed so far. There's still plenty of time.

And, for all I know, I might end up maining Wii Fit Trainer. I thought I'd end up being an Ike mainer after Link's spin attack spam was nerfed in Brawl, but wound up playing as Peach of all people after I picked her as a joke for one match and ended up mopping the floor with my friends who usually beat me.

Still, I'd be surprised if there was a total of more than 45 characters, or less than two delays once the release date is revealed.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

They were fighting on Battlefield, which did the same thing in Brawl.

But it wasn't as noticable in Brawl, the shadows and light actually effect the way the character models are shaded or reflected. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I never actually noticed it in Brawl, maybe cause I never played on Battlefield.)

You can also tell they put a lot of time into DK's wonderful fur coat, and I love the new Link design.

So with the hype of today mostly over lets recap.

3DS and WiiU will have the same characters but different stages. Said stages include

3DS

Battlefield

Arena Ferox

Spirit Tracks

Gerudo Valley

A Mario themed level by the looks of it

Nintendogs

WiiU

Battlefield

Skyloft

a boxing ring of sorts

Smashville

Wily Castle

Final Destination

Wii Fitness Gym

3 New characters are

Villager who has a very unique set of moves including many of the mechanics from Animal Crossing and Balloon Fighter

Megaman who has tons of his Robot Master Powers and Rush Coil

and Wii Fit Trainer who uses the power of YOGA and FITNESS to destroy her foes.

Game looks faster then brawl. No tripping was seen in the gameplay vids.

Pit and Bowser look to have somewhat revamped movesets, Pit using some Uprising weapons and Bowser looks more nimble and has a drop kick.

Final Smashes return, we are unaware if Samus's still turns her into ZSS

Returning characters thus far

Mario, Link, DK, Kirby, Bowser, Pit, Samus, Pikachu, Fox

Edited by Jedi

Also in case anyone missed this awesome little tidbit from the developer's trailer:

Sakurai is going to be uploading pictures from his desk of the game onto the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (SSSBfNWu&N3DS haha, please make a smaller name) Miiverse community five days a week.

Probably just going to give us more info on our three lovely new fighters, but you never know when he'll sneak something new in.

Also in case anyone missed this awesome little tidbit from the developer's trailer:

Sakurai is going to be uploading pictures from his desk of the game onto the Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS (SSSBfNWu&N3DS haha, please make a smaller name) Miiverse community five days a week.

Probably just going to give us more info on our three lovely new fighters, but you never know when he'll sneak something new in.

Great news. It'll be like the Dojo all over again. :D

Anyone else like Bowser's new stance? He looked like a hunch back in the old game. Maybe he had some training with the Wii fit trainer.

I actually think his new look might be my favorite new thing revealed. Back when Bowser's Inside Story came out, I noticed that he was more humanlike and less hunchback in that game than in Brawl. It seems like they took some of that Bowser and put it into Smash.

I like Bowsers new stance too.

Unrelated but, Yellow Devil appeared at the end of Megamans teaser. Does this mean Adventure/Subspace is returning with bosses and such? Or he is a gimmick of Mega's stage?

He's probably either a boss in the Adventure mode, an Assist trophy (probably the most likely, because he was shown on the battlefield) or a stage gimmick.

No way will he be playable.

Also I love Villager in this game. It looks like he's just carrying out his normal daily routine and is oblivious to the fighting.

He's probably either a boss in the Adventure mode, an Assist trophy (probably the most likely, because he was shown on the battlefield) or a stage gimmick.

Highly possible. But I was thinking if Megaman got an assist trophy it would be Protoman since he is really popular haha.

Agreed on the name, lol.

I'm thinking Sakurai won't be posting huge reveals very often though, maybe like once every 1-2 weeks, considering there's probably at least a year to go before release. The other pics will probably be movesets and items, and "YOU MUST RECOVER" type things :P. Still exciting though. I'll have to find somewhere online to keep up with the posts.

So with the hype of today mostly over lets recap.

3DS and WiiU will have the same characters but different stages. Said stages include

3DS

Battlefield

Arena Ferox

Spirit Tracks

Gerudo Valley

A Mario themed level by the looks of it

Nintendogs

WiiU

Battlefield

Skyloft

a boxing ring of sorts

Smashville

Wily Castle

Final Destination

Wii Fitness Gym

3 New characters are

Villager who has a very unique set of moves including many of the mechanics from Animal Crossing and Balloon Fighter

Megaman who has tons of his Robot Master Powers and Rush Coil

and Wii Fit Trainer who uses the power of YOGA and FITNESS to destroy her foes.

Game looks faster then brawl. No tripping was seen in the gameplay vids.

Pit and Bowser look to have somewhat revamped movesets, Pit using some Uprising weapons and Bowser looks more nimble and has a drop kick.

Final Smashes return, we are unaware if Samus's still turns her into ZSS

Returning characters thus far

Mario, Link, DK, Kirby, Bowser, Pit, Samus, Pikachu, Fox

I didn't find Final Destination anywhere... someone please show a pic?

Oh, and the Mario stage for 3DS is a tropical level from Super Mario 3D Land.

I could have swore I saw final destination. My bad on that. But as PKL said I think its obvious its probably in both.

Thanks for confirming the Mario Level for me. I haven't had the pleasure of playing 3D Land yet

Edited by Jedi

Yeah, that's gotta be Arena Ferox. I hope the Wii U version's FE stages are Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge! Those would be the awesomest. Riven Bridge was a battle map in both Tellius games, and it can work sort of like Eldin Bridge does in Brawl (just without the collapsing). The Kauku Caves is more recent because it's an RD only map and it's epic. It can also be a shoutout to that lava part of Castle Siege in Brawl. :D

Yeah, that's gotta be Arena Ferox. I hope the Wii U version's FE stages are Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge! Those would be the awesomest. Riven Bridge was a battle map in both Tellius games, and it can work sort of like Eldin Bridge does in Brawl (just without the collapsing). The Kauku Caves is more recent because it's an RD only map and it's epic. It can also be a shoutout to that lava part of Castle Siege in Brawl. :D

Riven Bridge would be pretty cool. I'll agree with that. I see the 3rd area of Castle Siege reminded you of the Kauku caves as well. Although it also reminded me of the Gorgon chapter in Sacred Stones at the same time haha.

Obviously a console FE stage will be on the Wii U version, a Jugdral stage anyone? Barhara with falling meteors would be awesome. If it were a Tellius stage, I think Riven bridge is a good choice, I'll agree, and it would be cool if you had to dodge ballista arrows or avoid pit traps. Maybe it'll even be a Gaiden stage, I don't know what, not having played the game, but hey?

Obviously a console FE stage will be on the Wii U version, a Jugdral stage anyone? Barhara with falling meteors would be awesome. If it were a Tellius stage, I think Riven bridge is a good choice, I'll agree, and it would be cool if you had to dodge ballista arrows or avoid pit traps. Maybe it'll even be a Gaiden stage, I don't know what, not having played the game, but hey?

Barhara would also be pretty amazing.

I just hope they don't replace FD with the boxing ring stage...

I don't think they will personally. But we'll see. I see it more to reference Punch Out and Kirby Superstar

Edited by Jedi

Riven Bridge would be pretty cool. I'll agree with that. I see the 3rd area of Castle Siege reminded you of the Kauku caves as well. Although it also reminded me of the Gorgon chapter in Sacred Stones at the same time haha.

Yeah, only I think in a real Kauku Caves stage, those falling flaming rocks should fall on occasion and do damage to the characters, just like they do in RD. Oh, that would be so cool. x3

I loved that part of the map in the game! It really livened up the battle and made it tougher! And it just made the map plain cool. Plus, fire is awesome. ^^