SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MASSIVE BRAINWAVE GOGO

So I've been watching trailers today for at least 30 times, and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ&feature=youtu.be

go to 2:48

"At last, the long awaited Villager"

which to me says "hey people wanted this guy in brawl so here he is"

and then I got thinking

Sakurai's Brawl Poll

Villager (under the name Animal Crossing MC, or Male Character) was on this poll, and he was one of the more requested characters (he got two votes but there were a couple hundred characters on the list that i think it's awesome that he got more than one vote).

Here's the poll results, with the Brawl newcomers from this poll taken out, alongside Villager because he's in. MegaMan was also on this list too.

Geno (Mario RPG) (4)
Ridley (Metroid) (4)
Krystal (StarFox) (3)
Takamaru (Naso Ne Murameso or something like that) (3)
Claus (Earthbound) (2)
Demiru (who's this guy?) (2)
Isaac (Golden Sun) (2)
Jeff (Earthbound) (2)
Kawasima (Brain Age. He's the floating head) (2)
King K.Rool (Donkey Kong) (2)
Lip (Panel de Pon) (2)
Oguma (Fire Emblem) (2)
Ouendan (No idea who this is) (2)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (2)

So I think this means that Sakurai will be (or rather, was) looking at his material from pre-Brawl when deciding the characters, because two of the three characters shown in the trailer on the 11th (and the two he intentionally wanted to show), were on this list.
Right off the bat, names like King K Rool, Takamaru, Krystal and Ridley jump out at me for possible popular additions to this game. But predictions are anything but reliable after seeing Wii Fit Trainer :P.
For the record, characters who came from this poll and were in Brawl were: King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ike, Lucas, Olimar and Toon Link. That's almost half of the veterans Brawl included (which were 14).
Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Doofina I think you are onto something. We may just see some more of those pre-brawl voted people alongside with EXTREMELY new people.

Hey guys. Just had a BRILLIANCE moment. You know how fairy was just confirmed for Gen 6 of pokemon? Do you think this will for SURE keep Jigglypuff [admittedly the most likely to get kicked if ANY of the original 12 ever got kicked] in the running and give her some new tricks? I mean.. This kinda means she's relevant again.

Edited by Jedi

Geno has like zero chance. He's a very minor character.

Nope. Sakurai himself has said that he wants to resurrect old characters. And Geno has been really popular in his polls.

Nope. Sakurai himself has said that he wants to resurrect old characters. And Geno has been really popular in his polls.

Personally I rather see Toad in before Geno. He's been relevant in many Nintendo games and is iconic figure.

If Link get's a boost, I want to try him out, and Mega Man, and any new Fire Emblem character. And if Ridley gets in, I definitely want to try him out. Square Enix owns Geno I think, I don't think Nintendo wants to pay the royalties to those guys, they aren't that friendly to each other.

Edited by Knight

Nope, I believe he meant old main characters from games that haven't had any new additions in YEARS. Geno doesn't have his own game, own series, or anything. He was only in a Mario RPG and that was it. He's not important at all.

I'm maining Ike and Luigi, of course, as I did in Brawl. And Ghirahim if he gets in. GHIRAHIM PLEEEASE! :D

Edited by Anacybele

Third party spots are highly fought for spots, and Geno doesn't have the prevalence for that spot anymore now post-Brawl.

Though he's still decently popular, and would totally surprise a lot of people. Not to mention he wanted Geno in Brawl, if the Forest Maze song (its from a game owned by Square, so they'd need to ask for it) is any indication.

Unless like he planned to include Geno, then went go to ask and was shot down.

Would be an awesome addition, but I do have to doubt it right now. Though anything is possible with Ms. Wii Fit Trainer.

Geno does have his fanboy's/girl's in the woodwork waiting to spring out. I wouldn't count him out quite yet, I'm with doofina here in thinking IT COULD HAPPEN because of Wii Fit Trainer and the fact of the poll possibility

I'd also use Toon Link again if he stayed, but I also realize that adding Ghirahim might mean cutting TL. But I can deal with that, because I also don't want another TL based on TWW Link. I don't like TWW, so yeah. I'd only want TL to stay if he was moreso based on the Four Sword Links.

Who I'll main? Among the veterans it'll be Marth, Ice Climbers, Mario, and Luigi as always. The newcomer I'll likely be using the most is Mega Man (I feel weird for saying that since I've been so heavy anti 3rd party, but at least Mega Man is practically associated with Nintendo), though I might use female Richard Simmons Wii Fit Trainer (just the idea of a Richard Simmons like character in Smash Bros. is really funny). Newcomers that I'll use that potentially may be revealed include Toad, Dillon, and Takamaru.

Then again, considering I wanted to main Lucario the most in Brawl before he was revealed and I didn't like his playstyle and actually liked R.O.B. the best (I liked his playstyle and the fact that he's a robot. I find robots quite cool), I can't say anything about the newcomers for sure.

Personally I rather see Toad in before Geno. He's been relevant in many Nintendo games and is iconic figure.

Yeah, same here. A prominent character in the Mario series since 1985, the long history he's had as a result, all the playable appearances he had over decades, starring in his own game (Wario's Woods, which I'm a big fan of), being heavily featured in Official Nintendo sites (all points which don't apply to Bowser Jr.), I really hope Toad's in SSB4, especially since remaining as Peach's B move is a pretty degrading spot to be in. He's also the only character in the Mario Kart 64 set to not be playable.

Though Geno is also awesome. Gotta dig the frayed cape and the cold distant glare. Seeing all of his moves being implemented in a Smash Bros. type moveset would be pretty neat.

I never really thought of Geno as an old character, and given he's still got quite the fanbase, it might actually happen. I have a bad feeling Square will say "no, you're using Lighting/Cloud or nothing," similar to what Kojima said to Playstation All Stars when they asked for Snake and got them to put in Raiden (okay, I don't know for sure if that was the case, but it's still quite a likely scenario since Uprising was heavily promoted at the time, and putting Raiden before Snake isn't very representative of the Metal Gear Solid series).

Am I the only one that can see Protoman as an assist trophy?

No, he's probably the most likely, considering he's affilated with Classic Mega Man (who's the Mega Man form in the game. I doubt they'll have X or Zero as assists since they aren't associated with Classic Mega Man) and he's the closest thing to a partner Mega Man has, except for Roll who isn't really a prominent fighter.

Edited by Randoman

Am I the only one that can see Protoman as an assist trophy?

No. I want to see it too. The whistle and everything.

Also i'm not sure who i'll main, my 3 mains of the past 3 games have been. 64: Mario, Link, Fox. Melee: Roy, Mario, Falco. Brawl: Marth, Mario, Ike. And this is with using pretty much everyone else at other points too

This new revamped Pit has my attention and I want to try the 3 new people out as well

Edited by Jedi

Pit and Marth were my mains in Brawl, with Link being one back in Melee; Pit's comin back (yeah!) and I'm PRETTY sure Marth is comin back too, and hopefully Link gets a boost as well, but I'm definitely interested in practicing with Chrom/Lucina/whoever is the new FE character and Villager, just to troll evryone with those moves and face! In fact, since I'm so interested in seeing how both the new characters fare and returning characters new moves, I guess you can say I'll be using everyone at some point. :P