SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

From who's been revealed, I think I'll only play Link properly. But Megaman looks neat to play.

As for the physics of the game, everything looks Brawl-esque to me. I'm ok with that.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come some people are talking as if Ike is getting cut for sure? Nothing has said he is or isn't. Speaking of which, I have a new theory about the SSB games that I'll make into a separate thread for discussion.

I think people talk about Ike being cut since every other FE lord was removed for the new version( Save Marth) Like Roy being replaced by Ike. But I doubt Ike will be cut. He'd probably be his Radiant Dawn version.

I think people talk about Ike being cut since every other FE lord was removed for the new version( Save Marth) Like Roy being replaced by Ike. But I doubt Ike will be cut. He'd probably be his Radiant Dawn version.

"Every other lord"? Roy was the only one. That means absolutely squat.

Kirby will always be my main, and Samus my second. I use all the characters a lot in Brawl, though. It's fun picking 'random' and always being able to kick arse.

According to that link posted up there ^ somewhere, Pac-Man, Little Mac and your Mii are very likely characters. I'm quite excited about that. Little Mac seems obvious since Punch Out! has regained its popularity and we have that boxing ring. However, the Villager has boxing gloves and he floats with balloons so perhaps he will be 'replacing' some of the retro characters that were expected (Mac and Balloon Fighter/Kid). He might also reduce the Mii's chances since he's also a kooky avatar for the player and if anyone was going to float with balloons other than a Balloon Fighter/Kid (or Flying Pikachu), it would surely be a Mii due to Nintendo Land.

The main thing I want is the return of all characters from Brawl, and Mewtwo. I'm kind of worried about Brawl's newcomers, especially the 3rd partiers. A lot of people seem to think the character count will be kept to a minimum for the sake of balance, but I say screw that. The more the merrier. Mewtwo has become more likely after the announcement of its role in Generation 6.

"Every other lord"? Roy was the only one. That means absolutely squat.

It sure does mean squat. The fact that Roy was plan to be in Brawl but was cut do to time mean he might return. I hope he will be in his DLC outfit from awakening.

Edited by Majestic Paladin

It sure does mean squat. The fact that Roy was plan to be in Brawl but was cut do to time mean he might return.

Mewtwo and Roy both. Their popularity has also stayed consistant. Mewtwo getting new formes and Roy re-appearing with a new look in FE13. Both actually have a chance again I think.

Mewtwo more so then Roy, due to the polls of fans. Mewtwo scored HIGHER then Megaman. Roy was in the top 10 though.

Take my predictions with a grain of salt however haha.

Edited by Jedi

I only see Mewtwo getting in now if they do something neat with his new form(s). Roy needs something unique though I guess if they can do a fire sword based setup with him then awesome.

I only see Mewtwo getting in now if they do something neat with his new form(s). Roy needs something unique though I guess if they can do a fire sword based setup with him then awesome.

I will agree with you on this. But with Namco/Nintendo's revamps of Bowser and Pit thus far I wouldn't be too worried about Roy being any similar to Marth if he returned outside of being a Lord with a Sword.

Even had an idea for a final Smash. He'd do his Sword of Seals critical but instead of a strong hit or a fire blast. It would be a gigantic Flame Tornado! Not gonna happen but I can be excited :P

Edited by Jedi

I would love Geno.

I don't expect Roy but I'd be pleasantly surprised to see him since he was my main in Melee. Mewtwo I fully expect will be back with a new formshifting move or Final Smash. I suspect he'll be announced soon, maybe with a joint reveal of his third form for the Pokemon fans.

I just had a thought: It's entirely possible that characters that were in previous games but didn't make the roster on this one might be given priority for DLC. I have no evidence for this, but it would make sense.

Also, version-exclusive characters and stages might be DLC in the other version. Again, no evidence, but it kinda makes sense, too.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't cut anyone, but this seems like a fair compromise.

I just had a thought: It's entirely possible that characters that were in previous games but didn't make the roster on this one might be given priority for DLC. I have no evidence for this, but it would make sense.

Also, version-exclusive characters and stages might be DLC in the other version. Again, no evidence, but it kinda makes sense, too.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't cut anyone, but this seems like a fair compromise.

I suppose this can of worms had to be opened eventually.

Personally I'd like to not see DLC unless it was for extra characters/stuff later that wasn't planned into the main game at the start. Who knows what Nintendo will do. DLC doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do though.

From talking with someone who allegedly played at an E3 booth, it seems that Mega Man's Ftilt is actually the same as his jab, the series staple cannon-ish thing whose name I can't remember off the top of my head. There's a first for the series, at least.

Edited by Green Poet

From talking with someone who allegedly played at an E3 booth, it seems that Mega Man's Ftilt is actually the same as his jab, the series staple cannon-ish thing whose name I can't remember off the top of my head. There's a first for the series, at least.

The Megabuster. They go more into detail with how it works here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vQD1yJinzeQ

Gonna shed some more light on the Little Mac, Pac Man and Mii rumors.

The guy who posted these rumors (Sal Romano) is the same guy who had the leaks for:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcon 3

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Injustice Gods Among Us

So I'm starting to think this is very much legit.

So we're looking at 6 newcomers: Villager, MegaMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac Man and Mii.

Only way this isn't happening is if Sakurai's team knows that it got leaked and is therefore cancelling showing them off.

This is still a rumor, but it looks very much real at this point to me.

Mii in Smash honestly sounds awful imhotep. I thought that Wii Fit Trainer served to rep Wii without the multitude of problems Mii would have. Sure a character you can play around with sounds nice but there would need to be a lot of options to make it not just seem like a tackon. Plus height and stuff would be a rather glaring issue as well.

Was he right about everything from those games?

Also:

I never really thought of Geno as an old character, and given he's still got quite the fanbase, it might actually happen. I have a bad feeling Square will say "no, you're using Lighting/Cloud or nothing," similar to what Kojima said to Playstation All Stars when they asked for Snake and got them to put in Raiden (okay, I don't know for sure if that was the case, but it's still quite a likely scenario since Rising was heavily promoted at the time, and putting Raiden before Snake isn't very representative of the Metal Gear Solid series).

This probably wasn't the case with PSAS at all. A lot of it probably had to do with Snake being in Brawl, so him being in a pretty blatant competitor would be kind of odd. Promoting Revengeance clearly had some part in it, but I don't think it was the driving factor. Edited by Liquid Snake

I can't see pac-man getting into smash, unless as an assist trophy, sticker, or something else like that.

I still think it's the least of the evils. I mean, if they kept the same characters for every Smash Bros. game, while adding more, we'll have Fire Emblem and Pokemon being really overrepresented, and they'll probably even get more reps than the main Mario and sub Mario series later down the line, which is really not representative of Nintendo (I mean, having 11 Pokemon characters, 9 Fire Emblem characters, and 8 Mario universe characters for a Smash Bros. game is really not representing the prominence of Nintendo's series very well). Conversely, if they just kept the same characters for both Fire Emblem and Pokemon for every new Smash Bros., it'd be really poor representation. I mean, having Gen 1 and Gen 4 only when they're at Gen 9? Having Marth and Ike only when they're at FE19 and there's a new lord that reoccurs just as much as (maybe even more than) Ike? There's also 3rd Parties, who would make up too much of the roster once enough Smash Bros. games comes out if they never dropped any.

Yeah, losing characters will suck and many people will be upset. But it's still the least ridiculous of those three choices and the best way to represent series like Pokemon and Fire Emblem. I won't be happy about losing Lucario, being one of my favourite Pokemon, but I'm ready to accept he likely won't be returning.

Gonna shed some more light on the Little Mac, Pac Man and Mii rumors.

The guy who posted these rumors (Sal Romano) is the same guy who had the leaks for:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcon 3

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Injustice Gods Among Us

So I'm starting to think this is very much legit.

So we're looking at 6 newcomers: Villager, MegaMan, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac Man and Mii.

Only way this isn't happening is if Sakurai's team knows that it got leaked and is therefore cancelling showing them off.

Well, I was around for the Playstation All Stars leak and that was true, sadly (still don't like Crash not being there, having two Coles, and having Raiden over Snake). I suppose it does seem rather believable since he was right for all those three...

...except for one thing: Sakurai said for Smash Bros. 4 in the Kid Icarus interview that he was looking forward to reviving old Nintendo characters. Little Mac is one, but you'd need a second one to make that true. I'm not saying this just because of my Takamaru support. It was actually because Sakurai said he was reviving old Nintendo characters that I started supporting him heavily. I'd accept and welcome any two retro Nintendo characters for Smash 4, even Duck Hunt Dog, Lip from Panel De Pon, and Sheriff in all his glorious pixel-ness. It just doesn't add up that the only retro character is Little Mac, and even then, calling Little Mac retro with the recent Wii Punch Out is up for debate.

I can't see pac-man getting into smash, unless as an assist trophy, sticker, or something else like that.

There's the Pac-Man World games which are 3D Platformers. They'll likely base his moveset off that, his original game (very small parts of it since there's not much to work with), and the upcoming new Pac-Man 3D platforming game.

Edited by Randoman

Something I've noticed about the stages that have been shown, they're all around the same size and they don't seem to have stage hazards, just different themes and platform arrangements.

Think Project M for reference, where pretty much any stage would be allowed in tournaments.

Now it's obviously too soon to say anything for certain, but I just wanted to raise the possibility.

Here's the leak: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58046232

I also find it worth noting that he "predicted" Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, actually "predicting" those to be the names of the characters.

Tomorrow is the last day of E3, so if this doesn't happen then, it's most likely a dud.

Edit:

@ Randoman

This obviously isn't all of the newcomers. Only 6 of an expected 10-15. We'll still probably see some older characters in these remaining slots.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

Having Marth and Ike only when they're at FE19 and there's a new lord that reoccurs just as much as (maybe even more than) Ike?

Yeah, losing characters will suck and many people will be upset. But it's still the least ridiculous of those three choices and the best way to represent series like Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

This is why I think there shouldn't ever be more than four FE reps. Marth and Ike would be the default ones and always stay while the other two slots would go to more recent lords like Chrom. Chrom would only make for three characters right now, but still.