SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I just really hope they don't cut any of the FE characters because of all of the salty whiners.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Wolf in the highly requested returning veterans part, from the looks of everything I thought he was up near the top.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff, let the salty fans whine. As long as I have Ike, I'm happy enough. <3

Dat "sacred combo" video from a couple pages back though, holy shit. I need to learn how to pull that off! Didn't know Ike had such possible combos! :o

I just really hope they don't cut any of the FE characters because of all of the salty whiners.

I'm surprised there was no mention of Wolf in the highly requested returning veterans part, from the looks of everything I thought he was up near the top.

Wolf was mentioned. Maybe just a little to late is all.

As for cutting future FE characters, no one would complain if Lucina just up'ed and left. We don't need clones really, and they do take up space for better potential roster mixups.

Wolf was mentioned. Maybe just a little to late is all.

As for cutting future FE characters, no one would complain if Lucina just up'ed and left. We don't need clones really, and they do take up space for better potential roster mixups.

Uh...I don't think that's true at all. I'd complain, and I know another person who'd be vehemently against it (Lucina is her favorite FE character).

And clones do not take up anyone's space, they are literally free bonus characters that take no space and basically no time to make at all.

But they do take up space, you have to copy and paste. If Sakurai knew he'd make DLC, then Lucina would still be decided as a costume alt. And so you can still play Lucina then, just with tipper.

yeah no

tell that to Alph, who got the worst treatment of any character in the game. 75% of people probably forget he exists.

Feel free to dislike Lucina or whatever, but no character deserves Alph's treatment. I would trade the Mario Maker stage away for Alph to be his own character. His treatment isn't fair, Pikmin itself's treatment isn't fair, and I laugh when I see someone think that that's a good idea.

yeah no

tell that to Alph, who got the worst treatment of any character in the game. 75% of people probably forget he exists.

Feel free to dislike Lucina or whatever, but no character deserves Alph's treatment. I would trade the Mario Maker stage away for Alph to be his own character. His treatment isn't fair, Pikmin itself's treatment isn't fair, and I laugh when I see someone think that that's a good idea.

Seriously? You think a character like Lucina would get forgotten? That's a poor thought.

But you wanna talk about fair, right? Lemme remind you of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby main stay and top franchises that got no new add on's than a series that suddenly spiked.

Tell me, now, tell me. Is it fair to have a clone and not have Wolf or Impa?

But I guess you want Wire Frame Mac and the Koopalings to have their own slot, too?

Edited by Great Geargia Gateway

But they do take up space, you have to copy and paste. If Sakurai knew he'd make DLC, then Lucina would still be decided as a costume alt. And so you can still play Lucina then, just with tipper.

I don't believe you understand the point there. Yes, every character (and by extension, everything in the game) takes space, but the key factor when it comes to clones is how much space they take in comparison to what would otherwise be a unique character. I recall sometime in this thread of Sakurai stating that the 6 clones of Melee amounted to one unique character. Smash 4 has even less than that, and if that equation still holds true (along with scaling upward cause of new Smash Bros entries), even if you took out all 3 of the current clone characters, it wouldn't amount to even half a character. Ergo,regardless of anyone's stance on her, removing Lucina would lead to absolutely nothing beside removing content from the game

Edited by Noburu

I don't believe you understand the point there. Yes, every character (and by extension, everything in the game) takes space, but the key factor when it comes to clones is how much space they take in comparison to what would otherwise be a unique character. I recall sometime in this thread of Sakurai stating that the 6 clones of Melee amounted to one unique character. Smash 4 has even less than that, and if that equation still holds true (along with scaling upward cause of new Smash Bros entries), even if you took out all 3 of the current clone characters, it wouldn't amount to even half a character. Ergo,regardless of anyone's stance on her, removing Lucina would lead to absolutely nothing beside removing content from the game

Yeah, remember reading something about that, but then they started making DLC characters. So I DO get the point of clone characters, that they do take a while but not as much as Marth originally took, but if you're gonna add DLC, then what point is there. You can simply delay the game, so you can continue to polish it and add content.

Yeah, remember reading something about that, but then they started making DLC characters. So I DO get the point of clone characters, that they do take a while but not as much as Marth originally took, but if you're gonna add DLC, then what point is there. You can simply delay the game, so you can continue to polish it and add content.

To make more money off periodically released characters generate hype. They are a business after all.

Seriously? You think a character like Lucina would get forgotten? That's a poor thought.

But you wanna talk about fair, right? Lemme remind you of Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, and Kirby main stay and top franchises that got no new add on's than a series that suddenly spiked.

Tell me, now, tell me. Is it fair to have a clone and not have Wolf or Impa?

But I guess you want Wire Frame Mac and the Koopalings to have their own slot, too?

This is the definition of privledge. All of those series have at least two characters. So maybe you don't care about Pikmin, but some people do, and Pikmin has one singular character. Wire Frame Mac is literally the same character, and the Koopalimgs were satellites for Jr when they were planned in the first place.

I'm fairly certain that you refuse to see it from Pikmin's perspective. Pikmin is one of the only non-Retro, pre-4 series to only have one character, with dead F-Zero and Mario Spinoffs Yoshi and Wario being its companions. I think that Alph would be the epitome of fair. Pikmin deserves two characters just like everyone else, clone or not.

This is also saying nothing of how 3DS limitations nerfed Olimar into the ground. Pikmin doesn't even get to keep a viable character, whereas Meta Knight, Zero Suit, Fox and Sheik are all top tier.

Yeah I'm sure the 8 million customers who wanted to play Smash 4 would simply love to have another large delay to happen again before release just like Brawl did.

The thing is, delaying the game eats up more budget than releasing the game and then polishing it post release because usually your development team is much smaller in general once the game is released and therefore it's easier to manage the resource that you have. If they constantly delayed the game then it would generate less interest in the game overtime and therefore your sales wouldn't be as good as the initial hype.

This is the definition of privledge. All of those series have at least two characters. So maybe you don't care about Pikmin, but some people do, and Pikmin has one singular character. Wire Frame Mac is literally the same character, and the Koopalimgs were satellites for Jr when they were planned in the first place.

I'm fairly certain that you refuse to see it from Pikmin's perspective. Pikmin is one of the only non-Retro, pre-4 series to only have one character, with dead F-Zero and Mario Spinoffs Yoshi and Wario being its companions. I think that Alph would be the epitome of fair. Pikmin deserves two characters just like everyone else, clone or not.

This is also saying nothing of how 3DS limitations nerfed Olimar into the ground. Pikmin doesn't even get to keep a viable character, whereas Meta Knight, Zero Suit, Fox and Sheik are all top tier.

What does this have to do with tiers? Last time I checked... Olimars doing better than half of the cast. Better than my Samus! And if you're having problems with top tiers, play a top tier.

Koopalings have so much characteristics they shouldn't be a separate character, but Alph should be?

And I'm sorry for the people that like Pikmin, that at least got a character and an alt costume, now lets go onto Ice Climbers fans... oh wait. Again, what are you getting at? They could have just ignored the 3DS and added them anyway. Pikmin still gained something, and even appeared in a trailer once or twice. It's not like they're forgotten. Definitely appeared in the Pokemon trailer. But your still gaining something while Star Fox loses a Wolf. And quite a unique character also.

What about the Mac in Super Punch Out. That's not the same Mac you know. But they referenced him in the costume Palette. I mad? No. It's the reference that matters. What about Louis being a fighter of his own? Should I say Punch Out needs more reps. No. Maybe you don't care about Punch Out, but some other people do. Do I care that you don't care? No.

Now you're talking about dead franchises. What you call 'epitome to fair' is opinionated. So don't go all, definition of privilege on me again. Samurai Goroh would still be pretty kickass, but remember we got Lucas. Mothers dead and we got DLC of a quite unique character from a game that the rest of the world never played. So while Pikmin games are continuously being made, Mother is dead, and the best they can do to respect it and put Lucas in Smash again. Now that's an epitome of fair. Especially for Iwata's sake.

Yeah I'm sure the 8 million customers who wanted to play Smash 4 would simply love to have another large delay to happen again before release just like Brawl did.

The thing is, delaying the game eats up more budget than releasing the game and then polishing it post release because usually your development team is much smaller in general once the game is released and therefore it's easier to manage the resource that you have. If they constantly delayed the game then it would generate less interest in the game overtime and therefore your sales wouldn't be as good as the initial hype.

Did it really sell that much?

And honestly, people need to learn to wait then. A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed one can be bad for ever. Miyamoto himself.

Look at the delays for SF0. It's looking better every time we get a site of it. An If Kingdom Hearts fans can wait for KH3 when it was said to be out in 2015, then Smash fans can do the same. While a delay will cost more, it it sure as hell won't look cheap when you released on time, because you had a target budget to use. When you rush, you cut corners just for easy money.

I'm lookin at u Street Fighter V. And no I don't care about updates, Arcade mode, Capcom. Should have been in!

I won't say Smash isn't up to standard, but a lot of fixing is needed and it's not just characters.

Ugh... So much to say... Guys... Plez...

Did it really sell that much?

And honestly, people need to learn to wait then. A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed one can be bad for ever. Miyamoto himself.

Look at the delays for SF0. It's looking better every time we get a site of it. An If Kingdom Hearts fans can wait for KH3 when it was said to be out in 2015, then Smash fans can do the same. While a delay will cost more, it it sure as hell won't look cheap when you released on time, because you had a target budget to use. When you rush, you cut corners just for easy money.

I'm lookin at u Street Fighter V. And no I don't care about updates, Arcade mode, Capcom. Should have been in!

I won't say Smash isn't up to standard, but a lot of fixing is needed and it's not just characters.

Ugh... So much to say... Guys... Plez...

Smash 4 already sold 10 million if we include the 3DS and Wii U sales combined. The Wii U desperately need Smash 4 out earlier to help boost the Wii U hardware sale. Delaying the game even further during the hype of the Wii U titles of 2014 would have been devestating for many Wii U owners. Timing is everything in entertainment. You have to remember majority of Nintendo's profits aren't actually from the software but from the hardware they actually sell. Their software is actually a very small portion of profits they actually earn. Their software is meant to attract people to buy their hardware.

Edited by kingddd

Some comments of Sakurai regarding the end of DLC.

Check part of the interview: http://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-on-ending-smash-bros-dlc-wanting-to-appeal-to-all-players/

It cuts off during character discussion (imo the most fascinating thing), so I'm gonna add to this: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

It cuts off during character discussion (imo the most fascinating thing), so I'm gonna add to this: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/02/23/nintendo-dream-interview-with-sakurai-part-2/

Sakurai: Exactly. And within the FF franchise, Cloud is without question the most popular choice. A number of people fixate on the fact his original game was never released on a Nintendo console, but if we were to limit our choices to characters who appeared on a Nintendo console, we’d end up with Bartz from FFV or the Onion Knight from FFIII—how would that work? Maybe they could change jobs or something… Actually, that would be kind of interesting (laughs).

Wow. No respect for Terra whatsoever.

He literally chose Butts over her.

Terra's appearance in Dissidia has kind of given her more apparent importance than she actually has. In the original Final Fantasy VI she was barely the protagonist. You could even finish the game without re-recruiting her. She did have more importance than a large chunk of the cast but many characters (most notably Celes) were just as if not more important than her. Course Sakurai also neglected to mention Cecil so I guess he was just mentioning the first things that came to mind and despite his pretty lack luster character traits, Bartz's class changing could make for a pretty interesting moveset. I guess that shows more than anything where Sakurai's mindset is.

Edited by Jotari

Cecil would have been a pretty cool add tho. Full armor character? Why don't we have those?

Cecil is my favorite FF protagonist, i'd have been all over that, but I like Cloud enough (He's my 2nd favorite FF protagonist with Zidane at a close 3rd).

His gimmick in Dissidia was kinda cool, switching from Dark Knight to Paladin, but that would be a transformation so I'm sure they'd have stuck with him being a Paladin, maybe borrowing some of his Paladin moves from Dissidia, After Years and such.