SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud is the best known protagonist. But the best known character of Final Fantasy (so to speak) is the Chocobo. Which I think would have been great to see. Chocobos can summon meteors.

mgrgrgr Edea Lee is the superior girl

Unacceptable!

Even besides personal preference, Edea isn't important enough. If a character from Bravely had a chance, it would have to be either Agnès or Tiz. Or now Yew or Magnolia.

If a Bravely character was to be in smash, would they make a new and real model or stick with the original chibi battle designs?

New model, likely based on official art.

Of course, a Bravely character is highly highly unlikely. Dragon Quest is more popular and has what I assume could be characters that works, and this is operating under the assumption that Squeenix and Cloud will even return.

After playing FE14 for a while, I'm really starting to see Corrin's inspiration shine through.

The "Dragon Fang" proc skill has two variations: a normal one and a critical hit variation.

They both involve transformed appendages; in the normal one, Corrin slashes the opponent and then does what's his neutral special is clearly meant to be.

In the critical hit one, he does a short hop and stabs downwards before the neutral special; clearly where his side special came from.

If the Dark Blood class kills on the second hit in a round of combat, Corrin effectively double jumps into the air before coming downwards with his sword; the jump animation is, as expected, a stickler for his one in Smash Bros. .

And lastly, the Female Dark Blood's critical hit animation involves a launching kick into a spinning sword slash; clearly where Sakurai got the inspiration for the secondary part of Corrin's side special.

So, anyway, appears that Corrin's moveset wasn't quite as made up for Smash as we thought. While it's far from a clear 1-1, there's definitely a ton of inspiration showing through.

The Hoshido Noble also has the dash attack he/she uses in smash among other things.

He does the Dash Attack as a Nohr Noble as well.

The Hoshido Noble also has the dash attack he/she uses in smash among other things.

I forgot that; as Jave said, the dash attack was used by Nohr Prince as well. It's actually the first move I recognized on him in Smash.

Also, his crouch animation actually comes from the Nohr Prince critical hit animation; he crouches down in that position before jumping forwards.

He does the Dash Attack as a Nohr Noble as well.

I haven't seen that yet on Nohr, he keeps doing crits or the jump stab haha.

Wow. No respect for Terra whatsoever.

He literally chose Butts over her.

Im actually a little disappointed in his mindset for Final Fantasy. FF has an amazing cast of characters that could all be their own interesting characters. From VII alone Barret, Vincent, Tifa, Sephiroth, Yufi, and Cid would of all made great characters. From Final Fantasy IV Cecil and the dragoon character(cant remember his name for the life of me) would of made really good additions, along with others that I am clearly forgetting. Tera would of been good, along with both Kefka and Edgar. (Edgar would of been my personal choice with all the tools he had. Chainsaw, Auto Crossbow, and all that noise would of made an amazing move set.) Titus, Squall, Auron, Lightning, Vaan, Balthier, I am actually having a hard time coming up with characters from FF that wouldn't of made great additions to Smash.

Edited by Tolvir

Tera would of been good, along with both Kefka and Edgar. (Edgar would of been my personal choice with all the tools he had. Chainsaw, Auto Crossbow, and all that noise would of made an amazing move set.)

If we're talking about other characters from VI that would have been amazing, it would have addled me with joy to see Setzer troll the competitive community hard with a luck-based moveset that'd put Game&Watch and Villager to shame.

Edited by Tamarsamar

If we're talking about other characters from VI that would have been amazing, it would have addled me with joy to see Setzer troll the competitive community hard with a luck-based moveset that'd put Game&Watch and Villager to shame.

I would actually love that. Even having him in a match automatically reinserts random tripping into the game.

Red XIII would have been an amazing character! :P:

Anyway, I got Bayonetta (finally) and I have to say...she feels a little odd and out of place. I'm finding that after using a smash attack, she's very slow to recover. Her moves all feel weird and honestly not too great. She's definitely not my favorite.

I've also been continuing to practice with Corrin...and he still feels really odd and not so great. Honestly, and I know I'm in the minority, but I'd say he's the worst FE character.

I'm sure I just need practice with the both of them (although I've been practicing with Corrin ever since he came out), but for first impressions... I'm kinda disappointed.

Those are some epic mindgames right there.

Now Sakurai said that they balance the game around low- and midlevel play. But stuff like Final Touch, Counter Surge or Witch Time look to me like they are just plain ridiculous on low levels.

Edited by BrightBow

Those are some epic mindgames right there.

Now Sakurai said that they balance the game around low- and midlevel play. But stuff like Final Touch, Counter Surge or Witch Time look to me like they are just plain ridiculous on low levels.

Nah, these things affect high level play too. Cloud has effectively ruined doubles with Finishing Touch. More than half the teams in top 8 at Shots Fired 2 have a Cloud. The extent to how much Bayonetta affects singles has not been explored yet, though a lot of people dislike her. She has the best out of the gate singles results.

Counter Surge is pretty broken too, but Corrin is not THAT good outside of it so he can pass. I would want to balance some equity amongst counters though, why are there counters like completely superior to each other?

Edited by Knife

tbh if you countered reverse warlock punch with something like Shulk's counter they'd probably die too

but yeah there are some awful ones like Palutena's (why does she have counter anyway ;/

Yeah I stopped watching the doubles because everything was just throw/tilt into finishing touch

tbh if you countered reverse warlock punch with something like Shulk's counter they'd probably die too

but yeah there are some awful ones like Palutena's (why does she have counter anyway ;/

Yeah I stopped watching the doubles because everything was just throw/tilt into finishing touch

She has counter because Counter was one of the abilities in Kid Icarus Uprising where all her Special Moves are derived from. Personally I think to make the Counters more varied Palutena's Counter should become a paralyzing counter using her shield. There's already a precedent for something like that in her Uprising boss battle.