SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Getting a jab in that position (moving towards the blastzone) on the moving Smashville platform is actually pretty unlikely to happen.

In theory, other characters should be able to do something similar.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a jab in that position (moving towards the blastzone) on the moving Smashville platform is actually pretty unlikely to happen.

In theory, other characters should be able to do something similar.

Yeah Comet was telling me Sheik can pretty much do the same thing with ftilt,

Random thing I just found: Ryu's focus attack is a major AI breaker. They always attack you when you have it up, allowing you to easily hit them with a fully charged one and go to town on them.

level 9 CPUs in brawl will always jump onto the platform on smashville if you are on it when they respawn and begin to walk.

so yes computers are dumb

oh and level 9 Fox and Falco in Project M will sometimes do frame perfect mulitshines when they kill you.

Edited by Comet

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/05/11/sakuraifanmisconception505/

A translation of Sakurai's most recent Famitsu column. Make of it what you will.

Dear god, I feel sorry for that man.

I know that any fanbase can be bad, but considering the amount of effort and dedication Sakurai gives me a particulary bad impression of the Smash's fandom.

I fear that a fifth Smash Bros would be seriously detrimental to Sakurai's health.

Dear god, I feel sorry for that man.

I know that any fanbase can be bad, but considering the amount of effort and dedication Sakurai gives me a particulary bad impression of the Smash's fandom.

I fear that a fifth Smash Bros would be seriously detrimental to Sakurai's health.

it's like any other fanbase, with AMAZING people and TOXIC people. smash is just a pretty big series so it's easier to notice the annoying/dumb people.

it's like any other fanbase, with AMAZING people and TOXIC people. smash is just a pretty big series so it's easier to notice the annoying/dumb people.

I know, but maybe the Smash fanbase is louder because it is the mix of various fanbases.

I know, but maybe the Smash fanbase is louder because it is the mix of various fanbases.

Still not as loud as the Sonic, Final Fantasy or Zelda fanbases by themselves.

Still not as loud as the Sonic, Final Fantasy or Zelda fanbases by themselves.

But have you seen the Fire Emblem fanbase? The reaction to 5 playable FE characters was a riot.

But have you seen the Fire Emblem fanbase? The reaction to 6 playable FE characters was a riot.

FTFY

And this post: http://cappnrob.tumblr.com/post/135282895487/tramampoline-did-fire-emblem-fans-even-want

If nobody wants to click:

tramampoline:

did fire emblem fans even want another fire emblem character

Maybe at one time we did but this is just getting stupid now. Ike is a good cahracter but his last game was a generation ago. Fucking Lucina took priority over CHROM despite being a bit character and literally just Marth with tits. Robin has unique gameplay but he’s a personalityless player avatar so fuck him/her too. ROY WAS SHIT IN MELEE AND HE’S SHIT IN HIS FIRE EMBLEM GAME AND HE’S GOT LESS PERSONALITY THAN WALLPAPER WHY THE FUCK DID THEY EVEN BRING HIM BACK.

Once, I wanted some old school rep. Hector, big badass axe guy from the gateway game in America. Or Sigurd, lord of the MOST POPULAR GAME IN THE SERIES AFTER MARTH (this was pre-Awakening anyway). Or hell, maybe some fucking VILLAINS? Garnef, Mediuth, Alvis, Manfroy, Julius, Zephiel, Nergal, the goddamn demon king, fucking ANYONE - there’s a plethora of dragons and demons and emperors and black mages to fucking pick from.

But no. We got protagonists, THE BORING SHITTY ones. Not INTERESTING or WELL LIKED ones, but fucking FemmeMarth, Player-Insert, and WORST LORD IN HISTORY OF SERIES. Fuck this shit, Fire Emblem is one of my top favorite Nintendo franchises next to Zelda and Metroid and Smash has milked it harder than fucking Capcom milks…. well, anything. God. Damn. It.

Speaking of Zelda and Metroid, sure is great only have the Triforce Trio for Zelda (Sheik is a seperate character but not a seperate PERSON) and fucking Samus and NAKED SAMUS for Metroid while this is happening. Fucking hell.

http://cappnrob.tumblr.com/post/135282895487/tramampoline-did-fire-emblem-fans-even-want

Yeah, there's some whiny people in this fandom.

Last I checked there were 5 playable FE characters.

1. Marth, the true swordsman.

2. Ike, the burly swordsman.

3. Lucina, the user-friendly swordsman.

4. Robin, the campy swordsman.

5. Roy, the inverse swordsman.

6. Corrin, the weirdo swordsman.

See? That's five!

.........oh. Nevermind.

And you know what sucks? NONE of them can deflect projectiles with their sword. #Sin&Punishment4Smash

• 2 weeks later...
(texturing modding is a thing and is, apparently, practical. don't blame me if you brick your wii u.)

Wow quite alot of these look really nice, gotta love the Marth ones in particular. also haha the Rei ZSS is too fitting.

Wow quite alot of these look really nice, gotta love the Marth ones in particular. also haha the Rei ZSS is too fitting.

ridley tho

Next game should just have a model modding aspect implemented in it. And the same sort of costume creation as the Miis have. I'd love to play as Link Bayonetta.

I think my favorite of the lot is probably either

PDOs8LQl.jpg

or

v9808Nzl.jpg

or of course

pqUpRAsl.jpgP4ai7Fal.jpg

I appreciate captain all-might a lot, though

bcSJzy1l.jpg

Edited by Euklyd

Wow, those are amazing. It makes you wonder why textures like those aren't in the game to begin with.

Here there are even more - http://gamebanana.com/skins/games/5547

"Trumpindorf "

I have so many conflicting feelings here... .

Anyways, some pretty good ones here and a whole lot of "meh" ones.

(texturing modding is a thing and is, apparently, practical. don't blame me if you brick your wii u.)

I have no idea what the brown haired Robin is based on, and I want it as a dlc, amiibo, and my profile pic. XD

Ok just kidding but wow it's cool!

Edited by PeaceRibbon