KOT Patch -- Fire Emblem 8 Reimagined!

Kngt_Of_Titania

26 members have voted

1. 1. When do you want the next iteration of the KoT Patch?

• I want it now!
    • Wait until Chapter 8!
  2. 2. What did you think of C6's reveal?

• Awesome!
    • Back to the drawing board, mate!

All of them

I felt like having 2 - 3 MT weapon that hits res is kinda weird, especially considering that they are relatively squishy(IIRC they only take like... 1 - 2 combat and then died) so they can't really abuse the close range attack part of the 1 - 2 range traits.

As it is, Arthur and Lute is basically Neimi who 4 - 5HKOs instead of 2HKOs.

For damage comparison sake, I remembered that Arthur actually does the same damage as everyone on the team, except against the Sarrisa Skeletons at the chokepoint in Chapter 4

And speaking of the Sarrisa Skeletons, are they made immobile on purpose?

I find it almost impossible to balance them, which is the problem; they tend to be too good or too bad, so balance with them is on a razor's edge. If I bump up the MT of the weps, it's way too easy for magi to get a couple of levels and then dominate, because then they get durable enough to abuse 1 range and then scale well with ATK because of the low RES of many enemies. They stay about average most of the time; they don't need to do more damage all of the time -- they're good 2 range damage (which doesn't exist aside from archers and magi) and can counter in EP; the intended purpose of them is to be better than archers against high DEF targets and worse against low DEF targets. For example, in C5, I remember Lute doing about double the damage to the armor knights than Neimi did; I also tend to deploy both magi in that chapter to deal with the wyvern riders.

Hopefully they'll look better when you get a few more levels with them and get a siege tome to work with. If not, I'll change it to make it so.

And the Sarissa skeles are immoble on purpose.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still 5 chapter, so I can't comment much on the mage(beside the fact that Lute is oh so superior than Arthur that is)

Maybe increase MT by 1 - 2? I dunno

FInished chapter 5, heres my thought so far

[spoiler=Chapters]

Prologue

6 Turn

Self explanatory first chapter. I kinda need to manage Seth position properly and have him handle the Mercenaries, while Eirika handle the south area. Feed bosskill to Eirika.

I notice this is the only map that get remade?

CH. 1

5 Turn

I start by rescuing Eirika and rush forward. Gilliam dropped Eirika and Franz covers the west side so that Eirika(or Gilliam I forgot) does not die. Anyway, when I saw that the boss is a Knight on a throne, I just slap Eirika on his face seize next turn

CH. 2

8 Turn

More or less the same as how you handle the Vanilla FE8, except now that Gilliam has more move, he kinda become a heavy hitter against the axe guys

CH. 3

The enemies are fairly strong, so I decided to not play quickly(or at least not as quick as Prol - CH.3). Not much to say, for the stage, really. As for the boss, the boss is, for lack of better comparison basically an FE6 boss who forgot how to dodge, get absurd amount of durability, and worst of all theres no Rutger to save my ass. Im not sure how viable a 2 range chips would do to this boss, because he lacks 2 Ranges and all that stuff

Anyway, the chest Items seems weird

CH.4

Fuck this chapter. Im not even sure how I manage to finish this, but I can see that this chapter would be much easier when played slowly. Anyway, the Choke Point squad is kinda hilarious in this regards especially considering that Lute's village is safe from assault

CH.5

17 Turn

While I feared this chapter at first, its.... not too bad. I decided to take it slowly. Anyway, theres kind of a sweet spot 1 panel below the Merc with Main Gauche where the Cavalier can strike from there. Plant Eirika there. Kill stuff. When the Wyvern arrived, I throw some 3 Range attack with Neimi, and then finish them off with characters that I want to feed, in this case, Garcia

The enemies around the boss are hilarious because they don't move. The Nosferatu gang is notable in this regards. I used Neimi 3 Range + Garcia to handle the Nosferatu

I rigged some crits to kill the Miasma with Colm, but its.... not that much of a problem, when I think about it

Extra Note: The arena is hilarious. Valkyrie with Flux, seriously? >_>

Looking at 5x, I notice Kyle and whoever the fuck is the other cavs seems to have different stats. The enemy stats is pretty massive, and Orson is hilarious

That being said, I think Monsters MIGHT need to be toned down if they are spammed in massive numbers(such as the Ghost Ship when the game reach that point)

Characters

Eirika: Downright the best character so far. She can double stuff, and does nice damage on top of it(especially when Rapier EFB kicks in). Im not sure if she need to be toned down, considering that I give her tons of boss kills

because she has some durability issue her 1-2 range sucks(but then again, Hand Axe and Magic is the only really reliable 1-2 range, or at least amongst those that I have used extensively)

Seth: His growth seems.... massive? Not sure, but at level 4, my Seth kinda get every stats, or at least on the area that he needs. I did not overuse him, but he is noticably capable to die if I rush too far with him. Although the fact that the game throws tons of durable Anti Mounted measure is pretty hilarious

Franz: He's fine. He can rescue Drop Canto as ussual(although the reduced move kinda stings) and his combat is nothing special

Giliam: With the Rank, he is kinda clucth during his 2 first chapters, but after that point, I dropped him. Can't say much, but his Axereaver is cool.

Colm: Aside from the support bot for Neimi part, I rigged him some crits during chapter 5 with Gust.

Neimi: Instant Support with Colm.... which sadly does not do much. Cool offense, but she need some meat wall around. Clucth during chapter 5, and her offense is useful in general. The common 2-3 range does not do much beside chipping Wyvern, or against the immobile Nosferatu squad One of few units who I can call "competent" by any sense of the words

Garcia: Not sure about how he performs in general, but I notice that his accuracy is pretty balls even against Sword User.

Vanessa: generic pegasus knight

Lute and Arthur: Chip Machine, except Lute is clearly superior

Overall, the game kinda feels like DSFE in a lot of parts(namely because the unit rarely dodges aside from the first chapters, or in a terrain). The enemy durability(especially those chokepointers) are pretty massive, but outside of chapter 4, its not that much of a problem. I think the durability might be troublesome if there are chapters where your team need to split up, or those with thick enemy density(ch. 4 and Vanilla Ghost ship comes to mind)

Normally, this would be a review of your patch (played this on Normal, not sure if this even makes a difference). Instead, I have renamed this to WHY DO YOU TROLL ME, RNG?!

Prologue (8)

I am cheap, so I decided to rest on the forts instead of using vulneraries (thus, the turn count). Eir's levels were. . .spastic. You'll see what I mean with the end-of-chapter stats I'll post (if a character exists, and has no stats, that means he/she didn't level in their joining chapter).

Name     Level  HP  Str  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Res
Eirika    4.05  23   9   11   11    9    9    3
Chapter 1 (10)

I decided that this map was my playground, and did things such as kill everything and handed Franz the boss kill. Yes, Franz. Eir is ticking me off. Gilliam is amazing with the movement boost.

Eirika    5.11  24  10   12   11    9    9    3
Franz     4.78  24   9   10   10    8    8    4
Gilliam   4.24  26  11    9    9    9   10    1
I currently have a bunch of characters with very little stat variation (I will blame the RNG for Eir). I'm not sure if this is intentional, but this doesn't look promising. Perhaps this will change once growths kick in.

Chapter 2 (7)

This is my favorite new map. I like the item shuffle, Ross' new level, the new enemies. . .the only thing I miss, really, is the Hatchet. However, Ross is beefy enough that he doesn't really need it. Gilliam got a level, and he is flippin' epic because of it. Eir sucks.

Eirika    5.95  24  10   12   11    9    9    3
Franz     5.52  25  10   10   10    9    9    5
Gilliam   5.50  27  11   10   10   10   11    1
Ross      9.76  21  10    9   11    9    6    1
Either the RNG is giving me a gigantic middle finger, or there is something seriously wrong with the stat variation in this patch.

Chapter 3 (10 turns to clear the mooks; 36 to clear the chapter)

Neimi's equivalent of a longbow was really helpful. What's not helpful is that just about everyone is doubled. I think I have a way around this, but my turn count is going to go through the roof. I will post what I have for now, and assuming my theory works, I will continue. Otherwise, I'll have to restart, and rig a few Speed/Strength levels on Eir.

Okay, stupid strategy done. Here's what I had to do:

1. Get the Seth/Eir C support. This is so that Eir gets some crit avoid to her name (and why my turn count is so damn high), and gives Seth +1 defense, which moves him out of ORKO range.

2. Grab Colm/Neimi C in the process.

3. While Seth and Eir are getting to know each other, I had Neimi chip the boss for free experience. Not like he can do anything about it anyway.

4. Once I get Seth/Eir to C, I have Eir stand in front of the boss and end her turn. The boss can't OHKO her, and with an Iron Sword, he can't double her. Barely.

5. After that, I move the Eir out of range, and have Seth attack with a lance, and Neimi pummel away.

6. Franz/Vanessa get Seth out of boss range.

7. Repeat steps 5-6 until the boss is at 5 HP. Look in amazement as Seth has yet to gain a level.

8. Have Vanessa steal the kill.

All that just for one boss. If you wanted creative solutions to your patch, you got it. You can make this slightly more frustrating by having the boss re-equip Defender when there's no one in range, but that'll only prolong this strategy, and I don't think adding to player frustration is good level design.

Now, for stuff I liked in this chapter. . .the new chest items are nifty, as are the Longbow guys. The knight's amusing, and gives me a reason to use Eir's Rapier. The monk, on the other hand, can consume a container of male reproductive organs.

Eirika    6.47  24  11   13   12   10    9    4
Franz     5.52  25  10   10   10    9    9    5
Gilliam   6.06  28  12   10   11   10   11    1
Vanessa   5.91  21  11    9   12    8    8    6
Moulder   4.54  24  10    9   10    8    7    7
Ross     10.00  22  11   10   11   10    6    1
Neimi     7.39  22  11   12   13   12    7    4
Chapter 4 (15)

I experimented with the enemy AI in this one. The stronger zombies was a nice change. Didn't see much use for Artur/Lute when Gilliam could tank everything and Moulder could heal him right back up. Gave Franz and Vanessa a kick in the experience pants, and it worked. Still iffy on the stat variation between playable characters. Ross being a Pirate saved the run; he was able to cross the river and Hand Axe an arrow dude's face in.

Gilliam got his first truly bad level. He still kicks ass.

Eirika    6.47  24  11   14   13   10   10    4
Seth      2.13  31  14   12   10   10   13   10
Franz     7.13  26  12   12   10    9   10    6
Gilliam   7.22  28  12   10   11   10   12    1
Vanessa   6.73  22  11   10   13    8    8    6
Moulder   6.11  24  10    9   10    8    7    7
Ross      3.13  24  12   11   12   10    8    2
Neimi     7.39  22  11   12   13   12    7    4
Colm      5.66  23  10   10   12   11    7    1
Chapter 5 (22)

Once again, I toyed with the AI in this chapter (for example, would hitting a knight without killing him cause the others to rush your group?). I like the inclusion of Gust, as it'll give me a reason to use Colm as a combat unit. The wyverns are great Neimi fodder, and the poor bandits had no idea what hit them. The choke points amuse me, if only because I use them as free experience for Artur (have him chip something, then whisk him away). Speaking of, I brought him along instead of Lute because he has WTA over the Nosferatu guys (where Lute is simply neutral on the Miasma ladies). I like the new enemy positioning, as well as the new axe. Eir got a lot of experience, and this is what she needed to really get going.

Eirika   10.16  25  14   15   15   12   10    5
Seth      2.54  31  14   12   10   10   13   10
Franz     7.73  26  12   12   10    9   10    6
Gilliam   9.25  30  13   11   12   11   12    1
Vanessa   7.22  23  11   11   13    9    9    6
Moulder   6.11  24  10    9   10    8    7    7
Ross      4.29  25  12   11   12   10    9    2
Neimi    10.02  25  11   13   15   15    7    5
Colm      5.66  23  10   10   12   11    7    1
Artur     7.06  23  10   13   12   11    5    8
Natasha   7.10  23  10    9   12   14    7    9
Joshua    8.21  23  12   15   14   10    8    4

Okay, overall impressions and whatnot go here. I know FEE3 is coming up and all, so you might be able to address some of those there.

First off, the good. I have no issue with the way chests/droppables/villages have been shuffled. So far, they make sense. I am amused by some of the boss changes, especially Chapter 5's one - the enemy layout and new weapons does invoke some thought. The reworked experience system. . .well, this kind of ties into one of the things I don't like, but I'll put it here, because it allows characters that just walked on to gain a piece of the action (that lone Joshua level was because he killed the boss). I'm a little eh on the defense-giving weapons, but I do like the new 1-2 range enemy-only axe. You've also done a good job of making some of the more irrelevant characters stay relevant (Gilliam/Neimi come to mind). However, I have had no incentive to use Garcia, and probably never will - Ross does the same thing, but walks on water.

What I don't like is the lack of stat variance. Seth is somewhat of an outlier because of his naturally high bases. If you look over my data, you'll see that most of the stats fall into a fairly tight range. When I see that, it means I take account movement and weapon ranks instead. . .the former is damn-near immutable, and the latter's somewhat negligible at this point. If you could find a way to make Gilliam, say, a slightly better wall at the cost of some Speed, while Eir isn't as damn sturdy as Franz, I think it'll work out a bit better.

The last thing is Chapter 3. I don't know if you intended for the player to do what I did in case the RNG gave them the finger, in terms of growths. I like the fact that the boss can't ORKO Seth with a support (Eir/Franz will work), and would like for that to remain; it gives some way of getting around that hurdle, if all else fails. Nor would I care to see the boss suddenly get a 1-2 range weapon; I don't think the point of every boss is to counter every player strategy. Had the boss had either of those, I would've been forced to restart, take note of my stats, and rig levels, and this is NOT what you want to encourage.

Overall, I think you're going in the right direction, in regards to items/enemies. I'm not sure if this is the best thing for player units, but this is ultimately your patch. I look forward to see what else you plan on doing (besides gimping Orson to hell and back).

If these edits threw my coded stats off, I WILL RAEG.

EDIT: Reformatting my stats and RAEG.

Edited by eclipse

Prologue

6 Turn

Self explanatory first chapter. I kinda need to manage Seth position properly and have him handle the Mercenaries, while Eirika handle the south area. Feed bosskill to Eirika.

I notice this is the only map that get remade?

Yeah, I remade it because the map design of prologue is TERRIBLE in vanilla. Like it's horrendously bad.

CH. 2

8 Turn

More or less the same as how you handle the Vanilla FE8, except now that Gilliam has more move, he kinda become a heavy hitter against the axe guys

I'm glad people enjoyed the MOV boost on Gilliam. I really did.

CH. 3

The enemies are fairly strong, so I decided to not play quickly(or at least not as quick as Prol - CH.2). Not much to say, for the stage, really. As for the boss, the boss is, for lack of better comparison basically an FE6 boss who forgot how to dodge, get absurd amount of durability, and worst of all theres no Rutger to save my ass. Im not sure how viable a 2 range chips would do to this boss, because he lacks 2 Ranges and all that stuff

So, concerning Bazba...

He is the type of boss where I wanted the player to think about how to trash him easily. What I do when I test run the chapter is to get Seth next to him with a sword the first turn, luring out his swordreaver (he SHOULD have been tuned so that he can't OHKO any units at base). Then I bash his face in with Neimi and three guys with lances; then I'll have somebody trade with Franz and get him to wield a sword that way, keeping his swordreaver equipped. In that way, he dies in 2-3 turns.

I've reduced his DEF by 1 to make things easier, but keep the basic challenge intact.

Anyway, the Choke Point squad is kinda hilarious in this regards especially considering that Lute's village is safe from assault

you-shall-not-pass1_zps52a4b8bf.jpg

Extra Note: The arena is hilarious. Valkyrie with Flux, seriously? >_>

So, uh, what you're seeing is the result of me not uploading the changed animations for a new class I'm introducing in future editions (and was keeping under wraps); it is the Heretic, the dark magic counterpart to the Valkyrie. It'll be replacing the Bishop, and makes it so that all healers will promote into mounted, single-spell-type magi and your combat magi will promote into foot, dual-spell-type magi, with the appropriate abilities that allow them to specialize in staves and tomes, respectively. As a filler animation until I get more groundwork down, I'm having it look a bit like this (prototype):

ValiumSheet1_zpsd06eab07.png

Like I said, I SUCK at art, so it'll be hard to make a proper and unique one.

Looking at 5x, I notice Kyle and whoever the fuck is the other cavs seems to have different stats. The enemy stats is pretty massive, and Orson is hilarious

So a few things:

- Haven't touched C5x in the patch that's out.

- Paladins don't have any base stats atm, because I don't know what promo bonuses I want to give enemy paladins yet, so Orson's stats are probably LOLbad.

- The other guys have different stats because I changed Cav bases in this patch; their personal bases would've been untouched.

- Enemies in the patch I have out are way weaker than what you're seeing there.

That being said, I think Monsters MIGHT need to be toned down if they are spammed in massive numbers(such as the Ghost Ship when the game reach that point)

I made it so that monsters are as strong as other enemy units, so Ghost Ship will be modified appropriately. No 4 million enemies anymore.

Characters

Eirika: Downright the best character so far. She can double stuff, and does nice damage on top of it(especially when Rapier EFB kicks in). Im not sure if she need to be toned down, considering that I give her tons of boss kills

because she has some durability issue her 1-2 range sucks(but then again, Hand Axe and Magic is the only really reliable 1-2 range, or at least amongst those that I have used extensively)

Seth: His growth seems.... massive? Not sure, but at level 4, my Seth kinda get every stats, or at least on the area that he needs. I did not overuse him, but he is noticably capable to die if I rush too far with him. Although the fact that the game throws tons of durable Anti Mounted measure is pretty hilarious

Franz: He's fine. He can rescue Drop Canto as ussual(although the reduced move kinda stings) and his combat is nothing special

Giliam: With the Rank, he is kinda clucth during his 2 first chapters, but after that point, I dropped him. Can't say much, but his Axereaver is cool.

Colm: Aside from the support bot for Neimi part, I rigged him some crits during chapter 5 with Gust.

Neimi: Instant Support with Colm.... which sadly does not do much. Cool offense, but she need some meat wall around. Clucth during chapter 5, and her offense is useful in general. The common 2-3 range does not do much beside chipping Wyvern, or against the immobile Nosferatu squad One of few units who I can call "competent" by any sense of the words

Garcia: Not sure about how he performs in general, but I notice that his accuracy is pretty balls even against Sword User.

Vanessa: generic pegasus knight

Lute and Arthur: Chip Machine, except Lute is clearly superior

Notes on characters:

- Franz has been buffed a bit -- he's now a bit faster, and starts at a higher base level.

- I'm shocked that people didn't think Garcia is crazy good. I was almost convinced I'd have to nerf him from my experiences.

- Your last sentence on Neimi implies that you think certain people are quite bad. Can you specify so I can fix that?

- I messed a bit with the C4 magi; you should find that Artur and Lute are both more useful in the new patch.

Overall, the game kinda feels like DSFE in a lot of parts(namely because the unit rarely dodges aside from the first chapters, or in a terrain).

Yeah, I tried to keep the hit rates higher to prevent you from dying to stupid RNG.

First off, the good. I have no issue with the way chests/droppables/villages have been shuffled. So far, they make sense. I am amused by some of the boss changes, especially Chapter 5's one - the enemy layout and new weapons does invoke some thought. The reworked experience system. . .well, this kind of ties into one of the things I don't like, but I'll put it here, because it allows characters that just walked on to gain a piece of the action (that lone Joshua level was because he killed the boss). I'm a little eh on the defense-giving weapons, but I do like the new 1-2 range enemy-only axe. You've also done a good job of making some of the more irrelevant characters stay relevant (Gilliam/Neimi come to mind). However, I have had no incentive to use Garcia, and probably never will - Ross does the same thing, but walks on water.

- Again, surprised about the poor performance of Garcia. Found him to be an axe version of Gilliam in a lot of ways. I'll look at him again.

- As for the defense-giving weapons, I designed them to help make enemies specialize in holding a chokepoint or allies stay alive through enemy phase (you'll get one soon). Nice from a design perspective, but I'm trying not to hurt it from the player perspective.

- On Joshua, I'm worried he's a bit lackluster (technically, his 20/20 stats are quite nice), so I'm bumping up his starting level by 1 and see if that helps.

What I don't like is the lack of stat variance. Seth is somewhat of an outlier because of his naturally high bases. If you look over my data, you'll see that most of the stats fall into a fairly tight range. When I see that, it means I take account movement and weapon ranks instead. . .the former is damn-near immutable, and the latter's somewhat negligible at this point. If you could find a way to make Gilliam, say, a slightly better wall at the cost of some Speed, while Eir isn't as damn sturdy as Franz, I think it'll work out a bit better.

Oh, I agree. Your stats seem to be a little more tightly grouped that the average, but it is true that there is less variation for SKL, SPD, STR, and DEF, mainly because it's proven almost impossible for me to have characters have too much or too little of the stat without being OP/UP/niche/easily abused to become OP and carry. A second culprit comes from a side effect of an awesome feature of the hack, which is that every character can promote to either class choice without "wasting" stats at 20/20 due to their caps, helping to make every choice viable (you'd pick one based on your needs and how they've leveled up to that point). I've actually made Eirika less defensive, but faster, Gilliam is slower, and Franz is rearranged as well to make him very distinct from his bro. So I HAVE made some progress on this issue.

The last thing is Chapter 3. I don't know if you intended for the player to do what I did in case the RNG gave them the finger, in terms of growths. I like the fact that the boss can't ORKO Seth with a support (Eir/Franz will work), and would like for that to remain; it gives some way of getting around that hurdle, if all else fails. Nor would I care to see the boss suddenly get a 1-2 range weapon; I don't think the point of every boss is to counter every player strategy. Had the boss had either of those, I would've been forced to restart, take note of my stats, and rig levels, and this is NOT what you want to encourage.

Bazba shouldn't be impossible for even a team with all characters at base, unless normal mode is acting funky with you (esp. when you said that everybody is getting doubled when, in my runs on "Difficult", only the archers risk doing that against your slowest guys -- send me a pic if you can? Want to fix it ASAP if it is happening).

Overall, I think you're going in the right direction, in regards to items/enemies. I'm not sure if this is the best thing for player units, but this is ultimately your patch. I look forward to see what else you plan on doing (besides gimping Orson to hell and back).

Thanks for the encouragement; I know I posted late, but I was actually watching your post as you updated it in real time, and appreciate all of the comments from you and Dragon Boner (never thought that I'd ever say that I appreciate a dragon boner). And trust me, Orson will not be CLOSE to that bad in the new patch.

"- Your last sentence on Neimi implies that you think certain people are quite bad. Can you specify so I can fix that?"

Not exactly quite bad. Only some characters have been significantly useful in my test runs, which is Seth(because of his base and maybe res), Eirika, and Neimi because her offense happen to be pretty cool, and she gets effective bonus against Wyvern, not to mention the 3 Range is pretty useful

The rest of the team, minus Gilliam during the time when Axe enemies are pretty common(the first 2 chapters comes to mind) are realtively normal in comparison

Also seconding eclipse assesment conserning the lack of stats variance, with.... yeah Gilliam(Knight with immediate weapon rank but stats of Cavalier) and Eirika(uber offense, acceptable durability, instead of.... maybe a Glass Cannon ish unit) being the major suspect

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Bazba has a base Speed of 16 or so (15 with weapons, IIRC). My characters had Speed hovering around 10-11 (Eir had 12, but she wasn't doing gobs of damage). Thus, I either had to risk being doubled by him, or doing no damage. I kind of like having Seth being unORKOable with a support at base, and don't want that aspect to leave, ever. It's the final failsafe if the RNG refuses to give Speed to everyone.

EDIT: Garcia's problem was that Ross came first. That's it, really.

Edited by eclipse

Bazba has a base Speed of 16 or so (15 with weapons, IIRC).

Alright, this is DEFINITELY something going wrong. Nightmare has his (pre-HM) SPD at TWELVE.

Alright, this is DEFINITELY something going wrong. Nightmare has his (pre-HM) SPD at TWELVE.

That's because hard mode bonuses are calculated by generic growths, and you buffed the growths enormously. See here if you need more info. Implying that's how Bazba gets HM bonuses and he gets 5 levels there is a very low chance of him having 16 Spd.

Weird, when I played Bazba didnt doubloe anyone.

@Ninja- oh, growths. Yeah, KoT, you might want to make a custom class for the bosses and give them 0 growths so their stats are always the same.

Edited by PKL

That's because hard mode bonuses are calculated by generic growths, and you buffed the growths enormously. See here if you need more info. Implying that's how Bazba gets HM bonuses and he gets 5 levels there is a very low chance of him having 16 Spd.

Odd, considering she said she was on normal mode.

Maybe it's a bug associated with the "No Easy Mode" patch?

I'm not sure what triggered it, but. . .eh. I need to go soon, but I'll reattempt this later. If I can get Super Bazba, I'll screenshot him. I just remember being a wee bit scared. . .and after that, NONE of the bosses looked intimidating.

I'm not sure what triggered it, but. . .eh. I need to go soon, but I'll reattempt this later. If I can get Super Bazba, I'll screenshot him. I just remember being a wee bit scared. . .and after that, NONE of the bosses looked intimidating.

Sure, please let me know if you can proc him. As for me, this is what is see when I get to C3 normal mode:

C3BossNMCheck_zps0d258203.png

Everybody else has like 10-12 SPD.

So, tbh, I wouldn't know what's going on, since I didn't mess with C3 events.

I played in Hard Mode, so I don't know >_>

Is there any difference?

Playing through NM, I noticed that it is quite a bit easier (surprise, surprise). I think Bazba's stats are a decent bit lower in NM than in HM (where his SPD after HM bonuses might be like 13-14 instead of 12, for example); but what she's saying is that her NM Bazba had like 16 SPD, which scares me a bit, because I never touched HM bonuses or C3 events.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but here's what I remember of his stats.

Strength: 19

Skill: 15

Speed: 16

Defense: enough such that throne + Defender made Eir + Iron Sword + Seth C support do one damage (you do the math)

EDIT: Or I can just let this do the talking for me.

QGfptW2.png

Edited by eclipse

FE8KOTEdition05-1.png

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with NM Bazba. It looks like he's getting double HM bonuses.

Odd, I can't replicate it; not sure what sets it off. Maybe something I did in my new patch fixes it, but we'll see. Due to crunch time for FEE3, I can't look into it for a few days, but it'll be top priority after then.

Alright, not a problem, Eclipse.

Hopefully you won't run into that problem the next time you play it.

Now it's 11:30 P.M. on the day before FEE3 is due, and I need to play through my hack one last time to get my .sav file ready for Cam to LP. RUSH RUSH RUSH!

Hope you enjoyed playing through it!

• 3 weeks later...

KoT Patch video was released w/ C6 goodness. Enjoy!

I'm thinking of either releasing a patch with latest balance changes and up to C5x-6 (as promised), or going up to C8 and then releasing a patch. You guys decide!

I'd vote for the C5x-C6 release, so we can critique what's there, and then you can decide if/how this affects later chapters.

(also do I win stuff for having the super chapter 3 boss?) :P:

I'd vote for the C5x-C6 release, so we can critique what's there, and then you can decide if/how this affects later chapters.

So I was doing some thinking looking at Cam's vid, and I'll make a few changes this weekend before I release:

- Merc in C6 will be deleveled a bit.

- Skeles in C6 will cary iron instead of steel weps (to make them less brutal).

- STR, MAG, DEF, SKL, SPD down by 5 for everybody. Player LUK base down by 2. Essentially keeps all the damage and accuracy calculations the same except for a small buff to player hit (~6% buff) and a slight decrease in enemy crit (~0.5%).

- The previous change allows this next change: I will vary up character growths substantially more without breaking caps. Fast units are faster, tanky units are tankier, and so on.

- MT of tomes up by 6 (to compensate for no change in base RES). After all is said and done, magi will hit for 1 more damage early game post-changes.

- For enemies (and a loose guideline for player units): LUK growths reduced by 5% across the board. RES growths buffed by 5% for all melee units, and HP growths buffed by 5% for all magic units. Magic has a little too low base damage, but scales a little too well. The changes here aim to address that.

(also do I win stuff for having the super chapter 3 boss?) :P:

You get a dark spell named after you.

I may also change Bazba's death quote to reference the bug, a joke which only people in the know will get (not kidding :P:).

Those seem like fairly dramatic changes. You could definitely use more stat variation, however, and it certainly looks like you'll be ramming the stat caps incredibly quickly, so reducing bases and growths may be a good idea. Still, hard and fast changes are rarely worthwhile, and a more nuanced rebalancing may be preferable.

Those seem like fairly dramatic changes. You could definitely use more stat variation, however, and it certainly looks like you'll be ramming the stat caps incredibly quickly, so reducing bases and growths may be a good idea. Still, hard and fast changes are rarely worthwhile, and a more nuanced rebalancing may be preferable.

The ones I think you're referring to (the reduction of most base stats, increase in tome MT) pretty much will result in the same same numbers for damage. The difference is the fact that the less changed base LUK will bump up player hit rates a bit and lower enemy crit rates, a phenomenon which I could completely eliminate if enemies actually could come with a base LUK above 0. :/:

In the end, it makes no practical difference besides allowing characters more room to grow stat-wise and giving me more room to change growths/bases.

i wouldn't actually recommend toning down c6 too much

i beat it pretty much 15 minutes after i cut the camera; i made a shitton of mistakes in that video (mostly because i was rushing it out to make my own deadline) - for example forgetting that i had a barrier and a pure water when i divebombed seth into the boss area

if i had to make one suggestion it would be to make the steel bow archers less ridiculous since they were responsible for about 90% of my deaths. maybe the skeleton swarm could be dialed back a little too because that was ridiculous

Edited by CT075