Enter: The Arena - Fire Emblem Character discussion Thread.

TharjaAssault

Okay, so I'm sincerely suprised at the lack of Character and Series threads here, ESPECIALLY a FE character discussion thread.

This is a general FE character discussion thread. Come and discuss Ike, and Marth, as well as Roy and any other potential newcomers.

To start things off, I'll give my little two cents.

Who's staying: Marth, Ike

I really don't see either of them being cut, despite the pretty much guarantee that SOME characters will not return. Ike doesn't really seem like the type to cut. I have no real reasons to back up him not being cut other than gut instinct, though. I just don't see TOO MANY cuts, and the characters I see being cut aren't him.

Who's being included?

I don't know. I think the current pool would be between Roy, Chrom, Lucina, and Lyn though. Not only are they the most popular choices, but they all have a bit extra going for them besides that. Roy was in Melee, which, is a big deal in itself. Chrom and Lucina are from the most current FE game, which PROBABLY DOES mean something considering Intellegent Systems seems to suggest characters to Sakurai. And Lyn was an AT, which is something.

Who I would LIKE: Eirkia & Ephraim Duo, Tharja, Caeda

I like Eirika and Ephraim a lot, they're from the only FE game I've played. Tharja has a lot of charm, and I like her design and moveset potential. Caeda got dem Lances, and she's Marth's lady. I've always had a thing for her, iunno why.

Now, let's discuss :)

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy with an Ephraim and Anna assist trophy, but if Ephraim got in... Lance-wielding lords, FTW. The only probably is he'd mop the floor with the sword-wielders of the game, they wouldn't stand a chance. :)

If we're getting anyone new from FE, it's probably Chrom, but I want my red-haired lord back. I think I'm a minority here, but I actually LIKE Roy and miss him.

I personally would like to see Roy come back with a changed up moveset. It's thanks to the boy I got into Fire Emblem in the first place, I'd like to see some wider attack arcs and be different from Marth to warrant the re-add, along with some fire projectial because his sword the Sword of Seals could shoot flames at a distance.

Lyn I think will stay as an assist. I agree with the fact that I can't really see them cutting Ike, and I think Arena Ferox being in the trailer at least hints at Chrom mayhaps?

Until Awakening came out, Caeda was my main choice for another FE character due to her relationship with Marth. Plus she's really adorable. <3

My focus now has shifted onto Chrom, possibly in a tag team with Robin or Lucina. Though after hearing about how much the AI problems are for characters like the Ice Climbers, and presumably Pikmin and Olimar, I doubt Sakurai will be excited about the idea of adding more tag team characters.

Anna would be neat but other than her appearances in the series (she's been in 12 of the 13 games), she doesn't have much to really help her out because her latest appearance is /another/ sword user.

Tharja has support from the developers, but I kinda doubt Sakurai would think about including her, even if she's a fun and cool character.

Lyn I think will stay as an assist. I agree with the fact that I can't really see them cutting Ike, and I think Arena Ferox being in the trailer at least hints at Chrom mayhaps?

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized, it's just a stage, it doesn't really mean anything more than that.

What are your thoughts on the only constant FE character: Anna

She has a decent fanbase over at SWF, and she comes in fifth place for FE newcomer, behind Lyn. (Albeit FAR behind Lyn)

AND REMEMBER, SAKURAI USUALLY DOESN'T PICK THE FE CHARACTERS. Intellegent Systes suggested Roy and Ike. Rumor has it he was going to add Leaf as the Marth clone, prior to going to IS to as for suggestions.

Edited by TharjaAssault

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized, it's just a stage, it doesn't really mean anything more than that.

She has a decent fanbase over at SWF, and she comes in fifth place for FE newcomer, behind Lyn. (Albeit FAR behind Lyn)

You speak truthfully it could just mean a stage and nothing more of course.

Anna.. Hmm she MAY have a shot, I think it depends on her Japanese fanbase which I am currently unaware how big she is over there [embarrassing I know I should know this stuff more ^^;]

If Leif is in there, that had better be a promise to port the Jugdral games! I'd love to see Hector in there for a change of pace, but I don't think I'll be that lucky. Realistically, I think it'll be Chrom/Avatar.

AND REMEMBER, SAKURAI USUALLY DOESN'T PICK THE FE CHARACTERS. Intellegent Systes suggested Roy and Ike. Rumor has it he was going to add Leaf as the Marth clone, prior to going to IS to as for suggestions.

Unless they use lancer Merchant!Anna from FE13, we'd have yet another sword user.

... The only way I can think to counter this is give her a Levin Sword and have her not stab with it.

Using the Levin Sword could be pretty interesting, but I don't know how it would work with the up special. I guess if it magically became a rope then it could work as a tether.

If Leif is in there, that had better be a promise to port the Jugdral games! I'd love to see Hector in there for a change of pace, but I don't think I'll be that lucky. Realistically, I think it'll be Chrom/Avatar.

I doubt Leif would be in Smash 4, (I would be very pleased if he was) but it's not too much to hope for to see him as an alternate costume for Marth, is it?

Edited by Kamina

Using the Levin Sword could be pretty interesting, but I don't know how it would work with the up special. I guess if it magically became a rope then it could work as a tether.

Well Anna is a merchant, she is sure to have all sorts of trinkets and stuff gathered about. I could see a rope :P

As long as you have enough rupees

I don't think that "another sword user" is something to put against a character. Truthfully, if we get Lucina, Chrom, or Roy they could have hints of Marth and Ike's moves in them. Lyn, is our best bet for a non-clone imo.

Well Anna is a merchant, she is sure to have all sorts of trinkets and stuff gathered about. I could see a rope :P

As long as you have enough rupees

.. Smash coins? XD

She could probably switch between the lance and the levin sword - lance for her A attacks and levin sword for her B... except for her B-Up, in which she could throw a Rift Door to teleport herself to a higher location, similar to Zelda's B-Up.

Edit: The FE characters aren't the only sword-users in SSB. There's also Link, maybe Ganon if they actually have him use said sword and Meta-Knight (if he comes back). Then there's Toon Link (once again, if). That's a lot of swords.

Edited by Vashiane

Current FE results (1236 votes) if anyone is interested strictly in popularity:

· Marth 911

· Ike 727

· Roy 581

· Chrom 397

· Lyn 290

· Lucina 257

· Anna 172

· Black Knight 142

· Micaiah 135

· Tharja 129

· Eirika 114

· Robin (FE:A Avatar) 107

· Tiki 106

· Hector 102

· Ephraim 83

· Caeda 66

· Eliwood 54

· Elincia 48

· Walhart 47

· Leaf 42

· Soren 34

· Sigurd 32

· Celice 24

· Narbarl 17

Oh wow, nice to see Ike right there behind Marth at number 2. ^^

I agree Ike shouldn't be cut either. He's still quite important and relevant (though sadly, I must say he may be cut for game 5) because of having starred in more games than the other lords barring Marth and he got nice references in Awakening (and DLC. And people say Roy being DLC ups his chances. So it also ups Ike's). The Wii U version will have mostly stages from home console games, and who is the most recent lord with home console games? Ike. And who is likely the most popular lord out west? Ike, once again! I swear, I find a bunch of fans even when I'm not looking for them.

I bet you that if you ask any Nintendo gamer out here the first character that comes to mind when they think FE, most of them will say Ike (and the rest Marth).

My most wanted FE characters are Chrom and Ephraim. Ephraim cause he's got a lance instead of a sword and he rocks and Chrom because he's alright and the most recent lord.

Edited by Anacybele

I agree Ike shouldn't be cut either. He's still quite important and relevant (though sadly, I must say he may be cut for game 5) because of having starred in more games than the other lords barring Marth and he got nice references in Awakening (and DLC. And people say Roy being DLC ups his chances. So it also ups Ike's). The Wii U version will have mostly stages from home console games, and who is the most recent lord with home console games? Ike. And who is likely the most popular lord out west? Ike, once again! I swear, I find a bunch of fans even when I'm not looking for them.

I bet you that if you ask any Nintendo gamer out here the first character that comes to mind when they think FE, most of them will say Ike (and the rest Marth).

I bet if you polled people, they'd say Chrom, not Ike.

Tharja has a lot of charm, and I like her design and moveset potential.

So you think child abusers are charming?

Ephraim Eirika would certainly be interesting, but unlikely at this point. At this point IMO the new FE character, will be Chrom, Lucina, Roy, and maybe Lyn or Robin.

Although she might not make it in, Anna would be neat to have, and could represent FE as a whole. While yeah, she'd be another sword user, but she could have other stuff in addition to her sword play like having a bow, a magic tome, ect. I actually started working a moveset for her last night. If not a playable character, perhaps she could be an assist trophy.

Lucina would also be nice to see. If they get creative, she could perhaps be different enough from Marth, and Chrom (if he gets in)

I'd say Chrom has the best chance of getting in. Unless Sakurai throws a curveball at us.

So you think child abusers are charming?

You don't know me very well Pichu. I beat children on the daily.

I've never played awakening, but I've read up on Tharja, and read most of her quotes. She's cool in my books.

At this point, I think Chrom has better chances than Roy, frankly.

Having Marth/Ike/Chrom feels very redundant to me IMO. It makes Fire Emblem look like a series that's all about sword using dudes with blue hair (which is...not entirely inaccurate at least lordwise).

I'd love to see the FE representatives really go out of the box, but realistically I think we might just get Marth/Chrom with Ike being cut or something.

I've been holding out for Tharja for a while. She'd be unique among the FE cast and in general. But I expect the Awakening rep will be Chrom or Lucina.

Actually, I was trying to think of special moves for Chrom/Lucy. Here's what I got:

B: Javelin (thrown, charge for distance)

B >: Pierce (quick sword dash with strong knockback based on their Luna Aether animation)

B v: Convoy (switch between Lance/Falchion for attacks, Falchion is stronger but lance has longer reach)

B ^: Couldn't think of one, they might need to borrow Marth's Dolphin Slash which could reference their blood connection I guess

Anna would also be fun and would represent the whole franchise. Hadn't thought of Caeda before but she would be pretty cool...would she get her Pegasus for her Final Smash? Triangle Attack?