Are you a boy? Or a Girl? - The Pokemon Character Discussion Thread

TharjaAssault

Pokemon is a masssssiiiiiiiiiveeeeee franchise. It really does have the most possible contenders out of any franchise, only being rivaled by Fire Emblem. So, this thread is where you can come and discuss all those characters.

Veterans: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer Kanto, Lucario

Cut Veterans: Mewtwo, Pichu

Potential Newcomers: Zoroark, New Pokemon Trainer, Genesect, Newtwo (If you consider this seperate from Mewtwo), Meowth, ect.

The list goes on. So come, discuss!

Edited by TharjaAssault

Not sure if I want any of the old ones cut, but I definitely want new reps for 5th and 6th gen; if Lucario gets cut, I'd say replace it with Zoroark for 5th gen and perhaps update the pokemon trainer and starters to 6th gen.

Would you mind it X & Y were repped by Newtwo? I think that's our most likely situation. Sakurai was quoted at the Pokemon X & Y roundtable that "He's thinking about" the inclusion of Mewtwo. I think he'll be included.

As a major Zoroark fan, I can only hope she is included. I think her illusion ability is something that could really bring a nice flavor to Smash.

I personally never minded cuts. They happen, and it's usually not that many characters. Especially with the Pokemon series, cuts almost seem unavoidable.

Yeah, that makes sense; I just don't like the idea of cutting characters, whether they're good or bad, because everyone can be fun to use, but its unavoidable in the long run, especially if we want new characters...... *le sigh*

And if they want to do new things, its pretty obvious they'll be bringing in Newtwo in some way or form, either as an actual character or perhaps old mewtwo's final smash form.....or they could use the other rumoured form of Mewtwo, if its true....

Mewtwo and Genesect would be two awesome Pokemon characters, though I don't know how Genesect would hold items since he kinda doesn't have any... hands.

I guess he could poke them with whatever is sticking out of his arms. =/

I'd love to see Pichu again, but I think I'm in a very small minority haha.

where is the enigma option I demand darloing representation

I'm expecting a Lucario cut and replace with something new.

kirby has hands though.

200px-WiiKirby.png

Genesect doesn't really have anything to hold them with.

499px-649Genesect.png

Like he has that one claw but nothing to actually hold it.

Edited by Dinfinitysignfina

I don't think his pokers would keep him out of Smash. And, I think all of Genesects different blasts would be awesome.

I really enjoy too many of the Pokemon choices. Don't even get me started on Gardevior and Deoxys (Although I think there time is up, mostly because Fire Emblem and Pokemon characters seem to be chosen/monitored by their respective 2nd Party Developers)

I always liked the sound of Blaziken in smash brothers but there is literally no chance of that even being considered haha.

Thinking Mewtwo is going to come back for sure. Also Jigglypuff with her new fairy type should probably be getting some new moves!

Edited by Jedi

As long as Jigglypuff stays, I'm happy. Anyways, I would like to see Pokemon Trainer updated into either Gen 2 or Gen 3 Trainer. Lucario I think has a good chance to be cut, and seeing something from Gen 6 wouldn't be bad.

I'd hope they keep everyone they had in Brawl, I quite like that cast. Bringing back Mewtwo would be cool too. Really the only Pokemon rep I haven't cared for is Pichu. But, I doubt they'll keep them all. Pikachu and Jigglypuff yeah, they've been there since the beginning, but they'll likely replace the Trainer with another of a different generation, and Lucario with another from the 5th or 6th generation.

Newtwo and Fairypuff would be enough 6th Gen for me.

Ditto.

I'd love it if both Mewtwo formes were in and had some kind of unique transformation abilities (so No Down B or Final Smash). I think it'd add a whole new spin on a beloved classic.

I'd want Lucario to stay, but I know that's not likely (though he's supposedly still heavily advertised and promoted by Game Freak, even today).

I'd want Mewtwo to stay out, mostly because of Gen 1 overrepresentation and being annoyed by his fanbase. Even "Newtwo" being in will get me annoyed, since he's still a Gen 1 at base, and merely representing the newer gens with a form rather than an actual new Pokemon, especially one of a 1st Gen Pokemon, is really poor representation of the Pokemon series as a whole.

Pokemon Trainer, I'm kind of hoping will leave or get replaced. Besides having too many Gen 1's, I can't exactly explain why. He didn't feel like a real Smash Bros. character, I guess. I can't exactly explain what I mean by that.

The only new Pokemon I can think of that I'd be happy to see in is Zoroark (even if he replaces Lucario). Other potential Gen 5's like Victini and Genesect, I wouldn't want, since I'm against legendary Pokemon being playable (I'd still prefer them over Mewtwo). I can't say much about Gen 6, since barely anything has been revealed (though I wouldn't mind a brand new Pokemon from there that's not just a new form for a Pokemon from a previous gen).

A new Pokemon Trainer type character for Gens 5 and/or 6, I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't be ecstatic about. I'd still prefer it over Mewtwo and its new forms.

I personally never minded cuts. They happen, and it's usually not that many characters. Especially with the Pokemon series, cuts almost seem unavoidable.

Same here. The Mewtwo cut was actually one I appreciated, since besides finding him overrated and being annoyed by his fanbase, I felt there were too much Gen 1's. I'm also against the idea of legendary Pokemon being playable, since they have to be balanced to be equal to the Smash cast, and that defeats the purpose of the legendary Pokemon's power.

Sure, there's characters like Ganondorf and Samus with insane abilities, but Pokemon have their abilities literally fully measured out in numbers and stats, and it's weird to see legendaries depicted as equal to Pokemon like Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Sure, Lucario is more powerful than both in the main Pokemon series as well, but it's not as big or exaggerated a power gap being equalized as it would be for a legendary.

Personally, the spaces Pokemon will be occupying this time are: Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Zoroark, Mewtwo, with ability to transform into Newtwo. Thats it for me. I could list 100 Trophies... lol.

I'd love to see Keldeo in since he was the star of the most recent movie and all, but unfortunately, Mewtwo would probably get picked over him. :(

Still, I know exactly what moveset I'd want Keldeo to have if he did have a chance! His A moves would use his hooves in different ways, perhaps a little water too, since he often shoots it from his back hooves.

Standard B: Water Gun (would work just like Squirtle's in Brawl)

Up B: Hydro Pump (he'd be able to fly for a short time with this move as well because of the water-shooting-from-hooves thing)

Side B: Aqua Jet

Down B: Sacred Sword

Final Smash: Secret Sword (he'd transform to Resolute form and kick ass with his exclusive move, Secret Sword)

Edited by Anacybele