Disarmed animations?

misterbean01

Whenever I try to generate a created disarmed animation (I am using Ike from the hacking resource) in F8 using Feditor, It most freezes the game most of the time. Is there a good way to create a disarmed animation?

Edited by misterbean01

Can you please show us your animation scripts and give us a detailed explanation of the steps you took in creating the animation?

For the script I got it directly from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyakic4yfil04d2/Ike.zip

I tested it out first on Eirika, on the prologue mission.

- opened Feditor > open rom > tools > class animation creator

- load from script the "Ike Dis.txt" then saved it as "dis" file

- I went to the class animation manager then looked for eirika (disarmed)

- I click insert then looked for "dis" file

- when it says inserted succesful I saved it then tried it

- in game, I got Seth to take her rapier then wait for the enemy to attack

- freeze

Here's the correct script.

/// - Mode 1
C03
C07
6  p- Disa01.png
C04
C06
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 3
C03
C07
6  p- Disa01.png
C04
C06
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 5
C03
C07
6  p- Disa01.png
C04
C06
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 6
C03
C07
6  p- Disa01.png
C04
C06
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 7
C02
6  p- Disa02.png
C0E
16  p- Disa03.png
C01
6  p- Disa02.png
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 8
C02
6  p- Disa02.png
C0E
16  p- Disa03.png
C01
6  p- Disa02.png
C0D
~~~
/// - Mode 9
6  p- Disa01.png
C01
~~~
/// - Mode 10
6  p- Disa01.png
C01
~~~
/// - Mode 11
6  p- Disa01.png
C01
~~~
/// - Mode 12
C03
C07
6  p- Disa01.png
C04
C06
C0D
~~~
/// - End of animation

Make sure you also set it up using the battle animation editor, CBA editor, or a hex editor to show the disarmed animation when they are disarmed (counts as "equipment type" 0x09, though really nothing is equipped...).

I'm not sure, but I think that overwriting an existing animation may cause some others to glitch, so it's preferable to put new animations at the end of the ROM and then recode the whole stuff to make it work.

This reasoning derives from an assumpion of mine: an animation could be longer (in hex) than the one you're trying to overwrite, and in this case you would also overwrite important bytes if the "inserting location" is the same.

Though I don't know how FEeditor manages this kind of data and other stuff so I really am not sure.

I just noticed that whenever I tried to insert something over an existing animation, the others who were near-by weren't displayed anymore, and began to glitch whenever I tried to display them in-game.

Could someone (dis)confirm this? Thanks

feditor is supposed (take that with a grain of salt) to take all data input and write it into free space (that's why people have issues with FEditor overwriting their events or something)

sometimes it doesn't work though

I just noticed that whenever I tried to insert something over an existing animation, the others who were near-by weren't displayed anymore, and began to glitch whenever I tried to display them in-game.

Well I fixed this problem in FE8 by dumping all the nearby animations that might be affected then reinsert them again (and again) till they are all fixed. I encounter that when I tried to use the female assassin available in the resource (I also created a disarmed version of it). When I inserted them the sword equipped and the disarmed female assassin on 8D and 8E slot, the male animation disappears (or glitched). I tried to fix it by:

1-I restarted the FEditor without saving (Of course!)

2-dumped the male assassin sword equipped and disarmed (8B and 8C slot)

3-inserted the female assassin animations (8D and 8E)

****at this point the 8E might disappear (or copy the previous animation): I just move my slot to 8E and insert the disarmed

4-then I go back to 8B (which is already glitched or disappeared) and inserted the male assassin attack animation

5-then I do the same with 8C using the unequipped male assassin animation

6-I check for 8D and 8E for errors and glitch, if still glitched I do step 3 to 6 again and again till they are all fixed.

**SAVE - yes, I missed the save part the first time I did this

7-lastly I checked if the male and female assassins are working by changing Seth to assassin and eirika to female assassin in the prologue stage. (With and without animation)

8-They worked fine and it was a relief if not it'll be a bad day

Edited by misterbean01