Your Lord is here! + Questions about FE: Awakening

Lord Chrom

Hello everyone, I'm new to these here forums, and I just wanted to introduce myself, and ask a few questions.

Introduction:

I am Chris from the Great North, I tend to play many jRPGs, but none of them are the same as Fire Emblem, and Advanced Wars.

I started off with Advance Wars on the GBA, and then worked my way towards Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon many years ago. I unfortunately traded-in most of the games now going for $200, for $2 at EB games. :D Very happy that the prices skyrocketed...

At first, like many others, I was introduced to Marth and Roy when they first appeared as characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee, something about their slicing and dicing was to my liking, they could extend their swords farther than Link during battle, not to mention, they were more flashy, and I liked pyrotechnics back then.

That said, my favorite game in the series is most certainly Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS, because it was supposedly the last Fire Emblem game to be made by Intelligent Systems, but the sale numbers turned that around, and we got a game where the crew experimented enough to give us something fresh.

Perhaps the sales are what launched the Fire Emblem collaboration with Atlus?

How I found these forums:

Funnily enough, I got to the point where I had to really build a solid relationship for Chrom, so I scattered all over in the INTERNET in search of information on the $50 worth of DLC, so that I could prolong his single life in the hopes of finding him a good wife which could bear awesome children. There was something about the bright colors on the main site that made me like this Serene Forest.

No spoilers please: I've come to the conclusion that my best option for Chrom to marry would be Olivia, I don't know who she is, primarily because I just beat Chapter 6, and am taking my time with the game. I'm thinking of sinking the $50 for the DLC, unless there's an upcoming special. Also, I think my avy should marry Luciana. Got any better pairing?

Glitches during gameplay:

I love Fire Emblem: Awakening a lot, but every now and again, I get these gray or white vertical lines that go down the screen during gamplay, these usually happen when a grid based area is being displayed on the screen. Does anyone else get this? I sure hope it has nothing to do with my 3DS, as I've been playing Animal Crossing looking for those lines, but to no avail. Could it be a glitch?

Thanks for reading my introduction thread, I'll be seeing you around. :P

Lord Chrom

Welcome to the forums.

Enjoy your stay. And beware the random Chrom fangirls that might give you random hugs.

I've come to the conclusion that my best option for Chrom to marry would be Olivia

Damn min-maxers.

I'm thinking of sinking the $50 for the DLC, unless there's an upcoming special.

If I recall correctly, because other regions other than Japan has packs for the DLC for discounted prices compared to if you bought them individually, that's enough to buy everything. Or at least most of the DLC.

Glitches during gameplay:

I love Fire Emblem: Awakening a lot, but every now and again, I get these gray or white vertical lines that go down the screen during gamplay, these usually happen when a grid based area is being displayed on the screen. Does anyone else get this? I sure hope it has nothing to do with my 3DS, as I've been playing Animal Crossing looking for those lines, but to no avail. Could it be a glitch?

That should NOT be happening. Has never happened to me in either of my Japanese or North American copies.

Welcome to the forest, from someone who's only been here a month or two longer than you!

Also, what type of spoilers do you mean, since I can see you mentioned little Luci early to middle.

I can't say I know much on the line glitch you're describing, all I know of and can quickly recollect are the Japanese voice bug and the legacy character streetpass bugs, maybe someone else has heard of it. Although I do recall a slightly similar sounding glitch happen to me when I was playing Dragon Quest IX.

I like the connection between the SmtXFe and the recent sale explosion of Fe13, maybe it did peak atlus's interest...

Good luck with ChromXOlivia, it can be tough on anything except easy or hard.

Have a good time at Serene's Forest, try to avoid waifu/husbando wars, those, while uncommon, can be deadly.

Welcome to the forums.

Enjoy your stay. And beware the random Chrom fangirls that might give you random hugs.

Damn min-maxers.

If I recall correctly, because other regions other than Japan has packs for the DLC for discounted prices compared to if you bought them individually, that's enough to buy everything. Or at least most of the DLC.

That should NOT be happening. Has never happened to me in either of my Japanese or North American copies.

Lol, min maxers. Alright, guess I'm going to pick up a Nintendo e-shop card to cover the cost of expanding the game. Unfortunately, this is happening to me. So, I guess I may have to exchange my 3DS XL in the hopes that it solves the problem. If not, I probably have a faulty card that will need to be exchanged. I've been missing sleep because of having to do exchange the products, and going through various 3DS XL that either have yellow tints, broken 3d sliders, and now vertical flickering lines. Just gonna have to open store stock again.

Welcome to the forest, from someone who's only been here a month or two longer than you!

Also, what type of spoilers do you mean, since I can see you mentioned little Luci early to middle.

I can't say I know much on the line glitch you're describing, all I know of and can quickly recollect are the Japanese voice bug and the legacy character streetpass bugs, maybe someone else has heard of it. Although I do recall a slightly similar sounding glitch happen to me when I was playing Dragon Quest IX.

I like the connection between the SmtXFe and the recent sale explosion of Fe13, maybe it did peak atlus's interest...

Good luck with ChromXOlivia, it can be tough on anything except easy or hard.

Have a good time at Serene's Forest, try to avoid waifu/husbando wars, those, while uncommon, can be deadly.

Actually, I didn't know her name, until someone spoiled it, but I figured she was you know who's what, from the OP movie, that much was clear.

Unfortunately, the only other evidence I have of the glitch is posted on GBA temp where the user is only playing FE, and some other site where the Op doesn't post the game he's playing, only says he's been having the same problem. I'm thinking faulty Sharp screen. Hopefully the collab gets made, as Atlus has run into problems.

I'm actually playing on Hard right now, as Lunatic + wasn't available. Waffles.

Welcome!

Thanks!

Edited by Lord Chrom

Actually, I didn't know her name, until someone spoiled it, but I figured she was you know who's what, from the OP movie, that much was clear.

You mean Lucina? Or Olivia?

Probably mean the former... Well, enjoy the game as... spoiler free... as you possibly can after that. xD

Edited by shadowofchaos

You mean Lucina? Or Olivia?

Probably mean the former... Well, enjoy the game as... spoiler free... as you possibly can after that. xD

Lol, I'll try, I mean I have to settle these 3DS issues first. ;)

Welcome to the Forest!

Welcome to the forums.

Mind you, not all of us are random and crazy; and I typically find hugs to be therapeutic. Still, do watch your step around here; there ARE crazies and trolls lurking in the deep.... :P

Edited by Silver Lightning

Welcome to the Forest!

Mind you, not all of us are random and crazy; and I typically find hugs to be therapeutic. Still, do watch your step around here; there ARE crazies and trolls lurking in the deep.... :P

Why thank you for the advice, I shall beware of the crazies. **glomps**

You must join a mafia game within the next month, play League of Legends and regularly contribute to the topic, give constructive criticism to at least five sprite topics, and explain to me in an essay of at least 1,000 words why Rickard is terrible in FE11 :P:

Some of the other boards have specific rules, so don't forget to read those stickies~!

You must join a mafia game within the next month, play League of Legends and regularly contribute to the topic, give constructive criticism to at least five sprite topics, and explain to me in an essay of at least 1,000 words why Rickard is terrible in FE11 :P:

Some of the other boards have specific rules, so don't forget to read those stickies~!

I understand Eclipse, I will make sure to contribute to these topics, as well as consider the varying rules of other boards, and have fun in the process. ;)

Noooo, marry Chrom to Sumia! Since it seems you're playing as a male Avatar/MU. /bias

Err, I mean, welcome to the forest and enjoy your stay! I noticed you were introduced to FE in a similar way. But yeah, enjoy your stay and stay out of ...trouble?

Don't worry about me, I won't go hugging random Chroms.

Edited by Teddy Bear

Don't worry ????♥, I'm not even near the 11th chapter, I swapped my XL for a new one, I'll see if it doesn't have flickering lines. Then, I will buy a Nintendo e-Shop card to prolong Chrom's single life. Besides, I need to look up more of these funny extreme waifu posts:

1iqjH3z.png

Noooo, marry Chrom to Sumia! Since it seems you're playing as a male Avatar/MU. /bias

Err, I mean, welcome to the forest and enjoy your stay! I noticed you were introduced to FE in a similar way. But yeah, enjoy your stay and stay out of ...trouble?

Don't worry about me, I won't go hugging random Chroms.

Edited by Lord Chrom

No spoilers please: I've come to the conclusion that my best option for Chrom to marry would be Olivia, I don't know who she is, primarily because I just beat Chapter 6, and am taking my time with the game. I'm thinking of sinking the $50 for the DLC, unless there's an upcoming special. Also, I think my avy should marry Luciana. Got any better pairing?

Welcome to SF I met you earlier in chat

If your asset is SPD or SKL, and you are going to waifu Lucina, then Sumia will make for a better grandmother for your child with Lucina.

Welcome to SF I met you earlier in chat

If your asset is SPD or SKL, and you are going to waifu Lucina, then Sumia will make for a better grandmother for your child with Lucina.

True, I did meet you in the chat.

Luckily my asset is Magic, and therefore I will proceed with my plan to pull Olivia for Chrom. :)

Hi, welcome to SF.

...uh, yeah...that's all...

Why thank you Ace Tactician,

I'm from rival O-Town.

----------------

The new 3DS XL I got has a yellow tint, now I have to go back to the electronics store, and open moar stock. I had a perfect one before, just had damned screen flicker.

Edited by Lord Chrom

Welcome to the Forest!

Yeah, I know I haven't been on for like a MONTH, but hi anyway!

Thanks SugarCookie! Must be due to exams, or personal stuff like that.

Any time is a good time to salute your Lord! (lol)

oh hey look it's the guy they made a mousepad of! i'm sorry, you have my condolences

Hello, welcome to SF!

Oh hey, this guy is legitimately a mouse that's finally going 3D in a couple of months.

Thanks.

----

Still no cigar on the 3DS XL good one edition... Called up a national chain to voice my discontentment, and they said they could potentially disassemble 3DS XLs at their warehouse, and give me a Frankenstein. But until then, I'm welcome to open all the stock in the city.