Serenes Forest Theme Banner Contest Voting

Jyosua

Banner Contest!  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you like the most?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2
    • Entry #3
    • Entry #4
    • Entry #5
    • Entry #6
    • Entry #7
    • Entry #8
    • Entry #9
    • Entry #10
    • Entry #11
    • Entry #12
  2. 2. Which banner do you like the second most?

• Entry #1
    • Entry #2
    • Entry #3
    • Entry #4
    • Entry #5
    • Entry #6
    • Entry #7
    • Entry #8
    • Entry #9
    • Entry #10
    • Entry #11
    • Entry #12

Excellent. Once this contest is formally over, then. It just doesn't feel right to discuss that right now

No problem just pm me when the time comes. Regardless of which banner is chosen I'd like to improve it as a personal side project :Eirika: . Web banners are surprisingly fun to make (though that could be because I was making one themed on FE; it wouldn't be as interesting if I was doing an ad for a housing estate).

Edited by dap005

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was really tough to chose. I voted 3 because I like the rotating background characters and 7 because it reminds me of the old banner.

The third banner is so, so sexy.

Why does Entry #3 have the most votes? ;~;

I know changing background and FE: Awakening dragon don't match, IMO.

Why? Because the site is called "Serenes Forest," and should stick to its name. Serenes Forest. From FE9 and FE10.

That said, the forest themes with or without herons fit the best.

But that's just me. (I mean, just because it's a FE forum, that doesn't mean it has to encompass all the FE games, right? Just FE9 and FE10 should do, right? Right?)

EDIT: BTW, I like entries #5 and #6 the most, with entries #8 and #7 close behind. Because they're the most Serenes Forest-like.

Honestly, at this point, restricting one of the most popular, if not the most popular, Fire Emblem forums to having a theme that spands a small fraction of the entire series is a little silly. Who cares if the name of the website and the forum banner don't match perfectly?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

The third banner is so, so sexy.

Honestly, at this point, restricting one of the most popular, if not the most popular, Fire Emblem forums to having a theme that spands a small fraction of the entire series is a little silly. Who cares if the name of the website and the forum banner don't match perfectly?

Well

This forum has three themes, and one of them does happen to be named after a FE9/10 thing

So it isn't like he's just spouting nonsense

The contest isn't based entirely on the voting (if I do remember correctly), so there's still hope for those who are behind such as my entry

The banners need 30% of the votes to go to the final round, then the staff will vote for one. Mine only received four votes (fifteen if you count the second part of the poll), so you have a bigger chance.

Edited by Rapier

The banners need 30% of the votes to go to the final round, then the staff will vote for one. Mine only received four votes (fifteen if you count the second part of the poll), so you have a bigger chance.

Which means the 4 entries with the highest votes + 1 staff pick go to the final round, If I'm right.

Which means the 4 entries with the highest votes + 1 staff pick go to the final round, If I'm right.

3 or 4.

30% of 12 is 3.6, after all.

And don't forget both parts of the poll count! :S They're equal-weighting and will be added together.

I'll try again someday.

#1 Ever heard of color contrast?

#2 The contrast value doesn't fit well.

#3 Liked the picture slideshow, although I feel dizzy and squinted my eyes often with the masked Awakening dragon, distracting.

#4 Too green but liked the fireflies/orbs scattering around.

#5 Greenish-yellow of the forum's BG. Good.

#6 Much effort can be seen here. Should have done better though.

#7 Lines looks familiar, but where?

#8 Error 404

#9 Hmm.... can't even see although followed the instructions. Not done well for slower PC (viewed from friend's Mac).

#10 Okay.

#11 Liked the original ideas and simplicity.

#12 Sucked. Can see the eye portal though.

Oh well, who am I to judge. :P::^_^::KnollRoll:

I'll try again someday.

#8 Error 404

what

Because I see my banner just fine, and no one else complained about it.

I believe it's pretty much clear that the final round will be between #3, #5 and #6. That being the case, I like #3 more than the other two, because #5 is too bright and #6 is too visually poluted imo (that comming from a guy who kept the banner as simple as it could be... Not very credible).

Edited by Rapier

what

Because I see my banner just fine, and no one else complained about it.

I believe it's pretty much clear that the final round will be between #3, #5 and #6. That being the case, I like #3 more than the other two, because #5 is too bright and #6 is too visually poluted imo (that comming from a guy who kept the banner as simple as it could be... Not very credible).

#5 is basically the same color as the forum background, so..

and #6, I agree with you there. It is a bit too much all in one.

I thought Jedi made the #7 banner. It looks nice, actually. I just think it doesn't fit with the forums because it is far too dark. The contrast isn't good at all.

I thought Jedi made the #7 banner. It looks nice, actually. I just think it doesn't fit with the forums because it is far too dark. The contrast isn't good at all.

Nope 7 isn't mine haha. Keep guessing :P.

(If this double posts I'm sorry moblie device)

Nope 7 isn't mine haha. Keep guessing :P.

(If this double posts I'm sorry moblie device)

I believe I know which one it is since it was hosted on Deviantart until Jyo reuploaded it Edited by OldMan

I believe I know which one it is since it was hosted on Deviantart until Jyo reuploaded it

Heh. You saw it did you? I only hosted it there for some quick advice. For how to alter it from 1 or 2 people :P

It's probably the #6, my fallen jedi instincts tell me so.

Strike 2. Haha. I do like 6 though. But it isn't mine.

Edited by Jedi

Heh. You saw it did you? I only hosted it there for some quick advice. For how to alter it from 1 or 2 people :P

Cheater!

It's probably the #6, my fallen jedi instincts tell me so.

It's clearly either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12

Can't discard the possibility of a colab

That's right, maybe he made your own banner and you didn't know it

Edited by OldMan

Cheater!

It's clearly either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12

Can't discard the possibility of a colab

That's right, maybe he made your own banner and you didn't know it

Heeey you all likely have years of experience more then me xD

Bwhaha I used my Jedi powers obviously :P

It's 10 isn't it.

Maybe. Maybe not