Different Question: Is Lethality Underrated?

Is Lethality (For use by the Player) Underrated  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lethality (For use by the Player) Underrated?

Basically, yeah.

This skill for-- at least in the hands of the player, is often times seen as bad or what not.

Yes, it has a meh activation rate, but at the same time, its proc is always beneficial.

So is the hate that this skill receives really justified?

And no, this isn't about Streetpass, where this skill is extremely solid-- maybe even slightly overrated.

It has a very poor activation rate and most of the time skills like sol are more useful. I'd rather have a healing skill that activates often instead of a one hit kill acttack that will occasionally hit.

its easier to Activate both Crits than this ability, not to mention units that pair up almost guaranteed in eliminating all enemies (except enemies with pavise aegis +, Lethality are useful there but not overrated because it's low activation rate,)

I can't really say whether it's underrated or not, but objectively speaking, Lethality isn't a very practical skill. It has a really low activation rate so it's too unreliable to depend on for a OHKO. Dual Strikes and critical hits, as well as skills like Luna and even Astra, are functionally the same as Lethality in that they will almost always kill an enemy in one round and are much, much more likely to activate.

In normal playthroughs though, where the player doesn't care about being efficient or super strong, Lethality is fun to have as it's always a pleasant surprise if it activates (emphasis on "surprise"), especially at a convenient time.

It looks pretty cool though, I'll definitely give it that. :V

It is not reliable. Lethality only useful against enemy with high def/res+Aegis+Pavise, which is already a rare thing to have outside of boss/Aphotheosis. Even with max Skill scap, the highest possible proc is 25% and with that amount of Skill, you can land critical hit that either OHKO or ORKO an enemy. Lethality should have different effect IMO, not instant kill like this.

No. That activation rate is too unreliable, and it's literally worthless in Apotheosis to boot. It also falls victim to "Awesome but Impractical" because of this.

Lethality is nice in a pinch and all, but it's activation rate is very low, and shouldn't really be relied on, even less so than other skills.

I'd say it's not bad, but it's not great either.

at least it looks really cool

it'd be a lot better if most units just didn't flat out orko anyway. I guess it avoids a counter if proc'd on the first attack, but eating one more attack usually isn't a big deal. Its proc rate is just too bad for its effect.

For lack of better words, Lethality blows. The skill activation is way too tiny and there are more efficient ways to kill things. Then again any skill > no skill except for maybe gamble.

Rightful King Longbow Lethality Sniper Inigo/Lucina/Morgan is pretty cool on Streetpass to troll people, but it's not worth much aside from a gimmick.

I'd rather run Luna over it most times if I want kills.

Edited by HeoandReo

Luna is better. :B

Nah i dont think its underrated because Lethality just isnt as cool as it sounds. It doesnt proc as often as the other mastery skills. Its not absolute shit but i find myself thinking its not worth it.

I think it's overrated if anything.

It's pretty much appreciated solely due to it's activation, as if on paper it's something that can be considered remotely reliable.

Skills like Luna, and even aether, can be bumped to a point of at least activating half of the time, without a build specifically set for the skill.

If you ask me, it's like getting a solid gold car. It's shiny and fun to look at, but in terms of practicality and reliability, it's nothin short of an unnecessary luxury.

I'd rather have it than not have it, since it's a OHKO (read: no counter on the first hit) and very few enemies can negate it. So if someone says that Lethality is "worthless", it's indeed underrated by that person.

Chiki isn't here, nobody's doing that (yet)

I think Lethality rocks! Even if it doesn't activate a lot. I love its animation! Also, guys, you CAN fix that activation rate by adding Rightful King to it via Inigo. I'm pretty sure he can get Lethality from either Olivia or on his own by reclassing.

I think I'll do this too. Hehe, my Inigo's gonna be sweet.

I keep it around just for kicks. It's like using Fissure/Sheer Cold/Horn Drill/Guillotine in Pokemon. It may not hit (activate) all the time, but when it does, it's FREAKIN' AWESOME.

I don't think the skill is over or under rated. I see it getting praise and criticism in equal measure.

I keep it around just for kicks. It's like using Fissure/Sheer Cold/Horn Drill/Guillotine in Pokemon. It may not hit (activate) all the time, but when it does, it's FREAKIN' AWESOME.

I don't think the skill is over or under rated. I see it getting praise and criticism in equal measure.

Mind reader, No Guard, Lock-on => Rightful King, +Skills

Lethality is like the only gimmick which everyone knows, so I think it is underrated when people don't like to see people using it.

I use it on my Olivia because of occasional counter kill after she dodge the enemy attack/vantage.

Plus, it looks awesome when she took out those staring at her with a branch.

I'm not a huge fan of it, due to Miracle existing and thumbing its nose at it. It's better than no skills that activate on attack, though.

I'd say about so-so, it's definitely a nice skill to have, but its negated by Miracle and Dragonskin.

On the other hand, if miracle activates on Lethality then you can feed the enemy to a lower leveled person I suppose.

Then again any skill > no skill except for maybe gamble.

What? Gamble in this game isn't as bad as it was in Tellius.

I think Lethality rocks! Even if it doesn't activate a lot. I love its animation! Also, guys, you CAN fix that activation rate by adding Rightful King to it via Inigo. I'm pretty sure he can get Lethality from either Olivia or on his own by reclassing.

I think I'll do this too. Hehe, my Inigo's gonna be sweet.

And that's the thing - in addition to having to marry Chrom off to someone who I'm not really enthusiastic about marrying him off to, I have to waste even more skill slots to make Lethality's activation rate not completely suck, which I don't need to do with Luna or Astra (to say nothing of the fact that I'd rather run those with Rightful King anyhow). And driving the nail into Lethality's coffin is the fact that by the time Lethality's activation rate stops sucking, a paired up couple does the same thing at way better odds, to say nothing of critical hits.

Dammit, typo.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Not that there is any need for it other than some DLC maps. The main-game enemies are already very easy to break anyhow.

Edited by ポーラ