Lunatic video log (COMPLETED!)

Villager

I'm uploading FE13 lunatic no commentary walkthrough video on youtube.

No DLC, Spotpass, Renown
Event tiles, Barracks, Merchants, etc are allowed
+Spd -Lck avatar
It's not a LTC run. I'll grind my team through main chapters and some paralogues.
My avatar was named after Rutger, FE6's myrmidon. I want to play lunatic mode with swordmaster avatar and Maribelle, FE13's troubadour girl.
Edited by Villager

Thanks for watching. I upload chapter 8.

Chapter 8 (7 turns, Frederick & Sumia)

I got a second seal and a master seal. Rutger is reclassed into myrmidon. Farewell, tomes! I miss 1-2 counterattack.

Name Class Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res

Rutger Myrmidon 18/1 33 10 14 16 23 15 12 4

It looks like he needs energy drop.

And Miriel take a master seal.

Miriel Sage 10/1 30 2 14 14 16 10 6 10

Rutger is reclassed into myrmidon.

One of the many reasons I will never be as effecient as other people. I hesitate every time I reclass. Because I don't like characters being outside their original class tree--heck even the branched promotions make me flinch.

And just by watching your gameplay, you've thought about how to tackle the chapters pretty well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Paralogue 3 (6 turns, Frederick & Sumia)

I bought a second seal from Anna. Because I was tempted to reclass Maribelle quickly, she had rescue abuse training. She used rescue 6 times to reach level 10, and other units finished paralogue 3 in 6 turns. Now she is pegasus knight.

Maribelle Pegasus Knight 10/1 21 4 7 12 12 9 6 10

Chapter 9 (5 turns, Frederick & Sumia)

Maribelle started a hard training. I gave her a forged bronze lance named Mend. In this chapter, she killed 1 mage, 1 soldier, 1 dark mage, 1 archer and 1 general. It was 23 Def vs. 24 Atk: 4(Maribelle's str) + 2(tonic) + 5(Valke's pair up bonus) + 13(glass lance). I hoped pavise wasn't activated, and she could barely kill the general. Frederick and Miriel were nice helpers.

After chapter 9, Sumia became a falcon knight. My money is gone. Fortunately, I'll get a bullion at next chapter.

Sumia Falcon Knight 10/1 27 12 6 22 18 15 8 16

Chapter 10 (6 turns, Frederick & Sumia)

Although this chapter's goal is defeating commander, I like to rout the enemy and take all items. Frederick can reach the boss in 4 or 5 turns without rescue, and it's enough time to defeat all enemies. But I concentrated on training Maribelle. She killed the boss on turn 6 and finished the chapter.

Thanks for watching and commenting.

I pick Maribelle for my avatar's bride and pray that she will become a strong combat unit.

In my first playthrough, Gaius, Libra, and Henry didn't get married. In current thing, I hope them to make a family. That's the reason for using Gaius. It's just simple and personal.

Paralogue 4 (7 turns, Chrom & Frederick)

Maribelle went on a training. Defeating all of enemies was easy for Frederick, but measuring and carving the boss's HP needed some tricks. I unequipped Frederick's Luna and broke Chrom's sword. 2 hits and 1 dual strike chipped the boss, and Maribelle got the final strike. OK, now she can be promoted to dark flier. In addition, Gaius also get level 10. I guess one dark flier and one assassin will appear on the next chapter.

Chapter 11 (3 turns, Rutger & Maribelle)

Olivia joined my team. Yeah! She is awesome. Dance and rescue helped me deploy my units to the proper place.
Turn 1, Rutger cleaned up a hero and the left enemies. Libra and Miriel dealt with a sage and the mages on the right side. Frederick went to the middle fort with a javelin. Gangrel died on turn 2. The rest of the enemies were finished on turn 3.
Chrom and Olivia lured a mercenary on turn 2 to gain support points. Chrom killed the mercenary on turn 3, and he married Olivia after chapter 11. In addition, Rutger and Maribelle got married too.

Chapter 12 (6 turns, Chrom & Frederick)

The enemy force was tough. The problem was to protect my team in first 2 turns. After that, it's time to relax and level up.
Rutger was promoted to swordmaster. He took the left side and swept it. Ok, the half of the enemies got solved.
The rest of the team killed two knights and occupied that position. They blocked and chipped the cavaliers one on one. Frederick moved up and killed some enemies on EP. On turn 2, the approaching knights killed by magic, hammer, and Frederick. The remaining tasks were pulling the enemies and getting exp.

Excellent work. However... I wonder why you went for Chrom/Olivia, considering that I'd find it hard to find any rhyme or reason to do that pairing on a Lunatic playthrough.

Chapter 13 (3 turns, Rutger & Maribelle)

Lucina joined. She has Aether and Luck+4.

Chrom Great Lord 10/1 33 18 2 14 15 12 15 6

Olivia Dancer 2 19 3 2 9 10 6 3 2

Lucina Lord 10 28 11 2 14 12 13 9 4

Chapter 14 (4 turns, Rutger & Maribelle)

Inigo's paralogue is so hard. I don't know when to beat it. On the contrary, chapter 14 was pretty easy. Rutger, Frederick, and the rest of the team could seize each of the three boats.

And now you see why I wouldn't recommend Chrom/Olivia on Lunatic - having two children in the unfortunate position of having Olivia as their mother stinks, because of Olivia's godawful bases, for one, and second, Rightful King is not nearly enough to make up for that, as well as having an irritating paralogue, in Inigo's case.

Chapter 15 (4 turns, Rutger & Maribelle)

It's Maribelle time. I had tried Maribelle/Rutger pair run, and nobody could stop the pair except for one dark night wielding a rexcalibur. So I worked out a strategy without difficulty.
Olivia's Lucina has poor stats, but I believe it's not a big deal.

I guess, but I think the advantages Olivia gives Lucina are marginal at best and don't really justify the hassle (the one class Olivia gives that I'd actually care about is one given by other bachelorettes who don't need me to keep Chrom from supporting any of his other bachelorettes until Valm)...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Chapter 16 (5 turns, Rutger & Maribelle)

It's a hard time for the fliers. Enemy warriors greeted us with silver bows. To handle that, I had to use non-flier tank units or remove the enemy bow users on PP. When an unit who has high mobility meets rescue and dance, they make a strong combination. It allows to tackle the targets quickly and make a safe zone.

Welcome to the promoted unit jungle. 28 spd heroes and 30 spd valkyries were preparing to smash my team. Sumia's rally speed was a great help to double hits in this situation. It was also difficult to block the promoted enemies because my team was split. Say'ri was fit for resolving a lack of melee units. She got decent bases, incluing 29 spd in lunatic mode. So Frederick, Panne, and Say'ri could seize the right side with rally speed. On the other side, Rutger and Maribelle had a sweet party with Olivia, Lissa, and Anna.

Edited by Villager