[FE13] Let'sa Go

ZemZem

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But it shifts the entire value of units around. Lets say a unit like Cherche for example. If you give her stat boosters she can go in the first round. Otherwise she should go third round. Now if you have free paralogues and she needs time to catch up her value increases, because in one turn after her joining chapter she can as much exp as she wants. Now people who under stand the spread of EXP and how the maps give levels, and who to devote resources to will adjust and potentially cut down turncounts. Because of awsome flier. But if you haven't toyed around with the mechanics it becomes harder to know which units will flourish and will ones lose there value in this style.

Not neccesarily, but it's a dumb reason to make the game even easier. You can train them while you LTC. If they're bad, then they're bad. That's been like that in every FE draft ever. And you don't see anyone buff the low tier draftees just because. The only justifiably free gaidens are in FE11 because of their requirements. Never has it been the intent to buff bad units.

Buffing bad units up isn't bad though. One of the things you liked about FE10 was how you used your full team in a draft, but you don't really here because mediocre units like Vaike never really get a chance to get off the ground. Other games had stuff like defend chapters, but they don't exist in FE13.

Wait, no, I dont agree with that. Id like to hear Chiki's opinion too.

I mean, SB, even with gaidens, mediocre units dont see any use. So why bother?

Edited by Peekayell

you could ban your first pick and mu in gaidens

or something that prevents just funneling all the exp you have into them in the free chapters

actually maybe your first two picks since avatar is locked to base class

its not likely people like Vaike and like Dicken are going to be first second round picks anyway

Edited by General Horace

I got Vaike going in my last draft, and probably wouldn't have managed that without free gaidens.

You would've. I see no difference when I draft. I never use Virion because he's bad. Free Paralogues or not, he's bad and it won't change. It's just an excuse to not LTC it imo. Since the amount of enemies is limited and can be routed in fewer than 10 turns. It's just dumb.

there are also some chapters like Paralogue 2 that are pretty unfair in ltc for the person that drafts sumia, she's already probably the best pick, but she probably saves at least another turn there, and then Paralogue 3 is another win for her since cordelia probably doesn't have the orko'ing power yet, and anyway you look at it, if its free paralogues, she's already getting the exp, and if its not, she's probably getting more and becoming an even stronger pick

there are also some chapters like Paralogue 2 that are pretty unfair in ltc for the person that drafts sumia, she's already probably the best pick, but she probably saves at least another turn there, and then Paralogue 3 is another win for her since cordelia probably doesn't have the orko'ing power yet, and anyway you look at it, if its free paralogues, she's already getting the exp, and if its not, she's probably getting more and becoming an even stronger pick

However, the Paralogues don't have to be visited right away. And free paralogues also serve to give more exp to the OP units. Then there's rescue exp abuse.

Edited by Peekayell