Streetpass exploit?

BAC_BAC

I have a US physical copy and I noticed something while borrowing my brother's 3DS for streetpass. On my brother's 3DS, I update the map for streetpass teams, save, and then proceed to parley with the teams on my 3DS. Afterwards, I re-insert the game into my brother's 3DS and repeat the process. When I updated the map again, the same streetpass teams from before appeared again. I tested this multiple times to see if maybe my brother just streetpassed the same people multiple times, but a team from someone who was only met once kept appearing.

So what does this mean? If you set up a team with stat boosters, glass weapons, and other "hard to find" items, you can have a constant supply of those items without having to wait hours for another streetpass.

If multiple 3DSs cause the same team to appear multiple times during the same day, this has two implications:

1. It's not worth it for many people since you need multiple 3DSs.

2. It's another "streetpass bug" to add to the list as I only streetpass myself once per day on each Japanese 3DS for a total of two on my Japanese copy of Awakening.

Known Exploit and you get a max of 4 teams/6hours by bouncing back and forth.

It's been tested rather extensively over on GameFAQs. It's actually rather underwhelming.

Link?