FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, but the official spelling is Cath and I don't consider the relation to Cassidy likely or compelling enough to warrant a change.

I mean, it's not as if her name is "Cathidy" as it is or something.

Edited by gringe

Actually, she still attempts to seduce him, just in a different way.

and I haven't replaced the wetting thing so it's still in

Either way, when you really think about it,a teenager trying to seduce someone at least 14 years older than them to steal their fricken wallet is a reaaally messed up thing to try to do to someone. Especially when they're on your side, AND has never done anything to hurt you in any way. Honestly, the implications for Cath's character are actually kind of scary. Just what kind of environment did she grow up in?!

EDIT: And the same could be said for Saul's supports actually. I'm getting the feeling that someone on the writing staff really didn't have his/her head on straight >_<!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Or maybe people were so distracted by the bad translation originally that they didn't realize this was actually the darkest edgiest game in the FE series? FE4 can keep it's incest, I'll take abused and traumatized Gonzales, rapey Cath and bedwetting little girl any day. Edgy shit man.

Well, it's been a while but...

LGqB1KM.png

Yellow = untouched as of yet

Blue = rewritten but not inserted

Red = rewritten and inserted, should be tested

I passed the halfway point in the supports a while back. There's still a ways to go, but I'm gettin' there, I'm gettin' there...

I really, truly admire all the hard work that's gone into this patch so far! 8D; I feel like a slacker in comparison, I so wish I could help with SOMETHING.

And speaking of pedophilia, Roy can literally marry Cecilia, his teacher for crying out loud!...

You shush, Roy/Cecilia is the best pairing ever.

I really, truly admire all the hard work that's gone into this patch so far! 8D; I feel like a slacker in comparison, I so wish I could help with SOMETHING.

Well thanks! You can certainly help with testing down the line.

Gringe, did you make that support list yourself, the excel file I mean, or did you DL it somewhere else? I'd like to find a variant for FE7/FE8 if at all possible. Also if you could send me your FE6 variant, that'd be really awesome.

I made it myself. It took a couple hours I think. It's no problem to give it to you if you want it, but a lot of the colors have been changed already.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ld7uy1c7r4i8jjx/FE6supportchart.xls

I noticed some that in Narcian's quote from the FE6 patch and FE13's Rogues & Redeemers 3 are completely alot similar and they are kinda almost the same. I am not completely sure that his battle quote (that I am not completely too sure if that the same dialogue?) in the patch could be updated as well?

I did found these quotes that are kinda similar:

Binding Blade:

I am strong...I am wise...I am handsome...and I am right! Always! More than anybody!

Awakening:

I am strong. I am wise. I am lovely. And most importantly, I am right! ...Me! No one else!

Edited by Prince Chrom of Ylisse

Well thanks! You can certainly help with testing down the line.

I made it myself. It took a couple hours I think. It's no problem to give it to you if you want it, but a lot of the colors have been changed already.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ld7uy1c7r4i8jjx/FE6supportchart.xls

Awesome, thanks! I don't need the colors, I just need the chart so I can make a similar one for FE7 and FE8. Will be useful for editing the supports in those games, maybe a nice reference sheet for hackers in the future.

I noticed some that in Narcian's quote from the FE6 patch and FE13's Rogues & Redeemers 3 are completely alot similar and they are kinda almost the same. I am not completely sure that his battle quote (that I am not completely too sure if that the same dialogue?) in the patch could be updated as well?

I did found these quotes that are kinda similar:

you're correct: the FE13 legacy characters are sprinkled quite heavily with repeating things they said in their original games, and Narcian's Japanese RR3 quote is indeed more or less the same as in FE6

on the other hand, i'd argue that such quotes aren't something that "needs" to be updated, in the same vein as names. it's a cute little reference to work in if it fits, but it's hardly necessary (and quite frankly the old FE6 script's take on the line strikes me as a lot better). of course, there's no harm in listing such cases here anyway, just in case they're better/have good ideas/strike gringe's fancy

actually i should probably get back to finishing off the chapter label graphics; i've got about nine to go (including ones where i'm just fixing off the cut-off period and otherwise leaving the name be) and i've kinda slacked off between uni work and just being a lazy asshole i guess i'm putting it off as long as possible because i get the feeling two of the changes i made are going to be super controversial knowing this thread

Edited by bookofholsety

While it would be nice to include such quotes, I feel they most likely weren't translated with full context of the character or the situation they're in. With both the original TL patch quote and the official translation in Awakening, I feel they emphasize the "right" part more than the original script suggested; Narcian is saying he's better than anyone in ALL of those things. It's his last declaration of narcissism. So, I actually rewrote this line already.

I am stronger...truer...more brilliant...and more beautiful...than anyone! None can match me! In anything! Ever!

Though, as usual, I don't feel SUPER strongly about this exact phrasing. If enough people think the Awakening quote should be used, I can go with that.

Well, in the Japanese he IS comparing himself to... everyone else by using a comparison word.

I'm not sure I agree it's weaker, but if other people think so too I can change it. I definitely want to get Narcian's battle quote as good as possible.

I feel like the revised version would be better with the last two parts removed.

I am stronger...truer...more brilliant...and more beautiful...than anyone! None can match me!

That sounds fine to me. At least get rid of "In anything!", it just sounds awkward.

Well, in the Japanese he IS comparing himself to... everyone else by using a comparison word.

i'm not doubting that your translation is more accurate. however, it just doesn't sound as good. both the fan translation and the awakening versions sound better because of the structural parallelism (i.e., the "i am ___" repeated over and over again).

additionally, for someone who is as narcissistic as narcian, it doesn't make sense for him to use a sentence where he is the object instead of the subject. a narcissist will more likely say "i am better than everyone" as opposed to "no one is better than me."

Edited by dondon151

Well, that makes sense.

By the way, I have only 19 support pairings left to do, which translates to just a few days until all supports are fixed up and inserted...! So bookofholsety, if you want the chapter title graphics in the next version post them soon!