FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

Is anyone else having issues playing this translation with NDSGBA on the DSTwo? Every time around the Ilia/Sacae part, it eats the save. I dunno if it's just me or what. -.-

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I just looked at in the FE7 unused content and I just saw that the staff and the character Tiena was named "Tiina" (and the staff as "Tiina Staff") in the English version of Fire Emblem (video game) (that it's an Beta Element Item in the Prequel), but I just a little puzzled that is her name as "Tiena" is just a fan name and officially called "Tiina" in both versions?

Ignore the beta stuff. There's ridiculous stuff like "Mamucoot" for Mamkutes/Manaketes.

Either way, there are no official Eng. names for the Hasha stuff. Unless it's on the world map.

Ignore the beta stuff. There's ridiculous stuff like "Mamucoot" for Mamkutes/Manaketes.

Either way, there are no official Eng. names for the Hasha stuff. Unless it's on the world map.

Errr.... I was just wanted know if its on the Binding Blade data also and if that "Tiena" name is just a fan name or official if its appeared around any official materials similar to Museum, TCG, etc. (I didn't say its appeared on the game story/final version of Fire Emblem (video game), I just wanted to clarify it, but you did marked it on that page that it's said its the same name as the character from the Manga also) and also, I just did checked at in Google and Wikipedia and I did saw that Tiina is a real name.

Edited by Kamui Shirō

Errr.... I was just wanted know if its on the Binding Blade data also and if that "Tiena" name is just a fan name or official if its appeared around any official materials similar to Museum, TCG, etc. (I didn't say its appeared on the game story/final version of Fire Emblem (video game), I just wanted to clarify it, but you did marked it on that page that it's said its the same name as the character from the Manga also) and also, I just did checked at in Google and Wikipedia and I did saw that Tiina is a real name.

...What does it's a "real name" have to do with it? A parent could make up an alternate spelling/different name, and poof, there you go.

(And google gives me results for real people apparently named "Tiena", as well)

Edited by L95

I've called it "Tina's staff" due to space constraints. Tiina with two i's might fit, but I don't really care too much either way since the character isn't in any officially translated material and doesn't even appear in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Behold the second coming of the hero.

Life, Finals, and a shattered laptop have kept me at bay, but no more! Anyhow, I was trying to find a way to insert new maps into the Trail Map Screen/Menu/thingamaNaga, and so far... you can clearly tell I'm not a hacker of any standing. But that got me to thinking: how were the Bandit maps inserted in the first place? Was there a group that just manufactured new carts with the maps preinstalled? Or was there a Transfer data type option? If there was, they could have easily reused it for FE7 and the MarioKart Bonus Disk. It's not beyond the realm of possibility: Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 could download data completely absent from the cart, as could Ruby/Sapphire and the Japanese FRLG and Emerald. Then again the content for FE7's data transfer was already on the cart... with the possible exception of the fabled Japan only 60 use Vulnary. (Who in the name of Naga would need that much?!?!)

Also, I think that so far this patch is amazing. I know I've probably said that already, but I mean it. Of course, I've come to the grim realization that I may in fact just suck at Fire Emblem and cannot get past Chapter 9, but I am positive the rest of the patch is of the same exeptional quality.

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Hey Gringe. So do you still need any editors or anything like that? Because I was thinking, I saw some of the most recent lines, and it looks like you took some liberties with the script here or there. So, I'm basically wondering if there are any places where I could either comment on what you did, ask why something was said a certain way, or suggest any lines of my own, you know? That is, if you're willing.

Edited by FionordeQuester

You don't have to ask me to make comments. Feel free.

I don't think I took many "liberties" overall, but I'd be happy to answer any questions about what I was thinking.

Also, I think that so far this patch is amazing. I know I've probably said that already, but I mean it. Of course, I've come to the grim realization that I may in fact just suck at Fire Emblem and cannot get past Chapter 9, but I am positive the rest of the patch is of the same exeptional quality.

Thanks! Expect a new version soon. :x

New version, wooo.

v0.96 changelist

-"Mildain" is now "Myrddin" and "Jodel" is now "Yoder"
-Fixed lots of mistakes in the Trial Map screens
-Retranslated the Trial Map descriptions and titles to be more accurate to the Japanese. The maps now have scenarios as they were supposed to instead of generic descriptions

-Retranslated all of the characters' endgame titles to be more accurate to the Japanese
-Fixed the spacing error with the Binding Blade and Eckesachs' weapon level "-"
-Changed many messages the player gets on maps to be more grammatically and visually pleasing. I don't presently know how to tinker with these messages enough to get them to be as they appear in FE7
-Changed the level up screen with animations on to be slightly more visually appealing and consistent with the level screen without animations. This is another problem I haven't been able to solve, but this is a compromise for the time being to make it less hideous
-Gave most of the main script and supports another pass and fixed many minor errors including typos and misplaced [ToggleSmile] and [ToggleMouthMove] commands. Also did a lot of minor polishing and cleaning up to the dialogue here and there (fixed some capitalization, did some slight rewording, etc...)
->Reworded a single line of Sophia/Igrene's support conversation to account for Sophia's appearance in FE7 ("You've never left the village." -> "You've never seen civilization outside of Arcadia.")
->Rewrote Narcian's battle quote to be a combination of the old patch's and Awakening's ("I am strong. I am wise. I am beautiful. And most importantly, I am right! Always! ...Me! No one else!")
-Fixed the "delete all data" screen
-Probably some other little things I don't remember

With this, I consider the script to be in a finished state. I don't plan on making any more edits. I'll still fix any reported glitches or typos or errors, but anything more than that, nope. I have to call it finished sometime, or I'll just keep going back to it again and again.

All the other remaining minor issues are basically beyond my current knowledge of hacking, and I don't even know where to begin with solving them. I'll accept any offers of help, but until such offers come, except for bugfixes, the patch won't be worked on actively anymore. There's just nothing left for me to do (that I know of).

This isn't good-bye or anything, though. I'm still around!

Great to see there's a new version!

All the other remaining minor issues are basically beyond my current knowledge of hacking, and I don't even know where to begin with solving them. I'll accept any offers of help, but until such offers come, except for bugfixes, the patch won't be worked on actively anymore. There's just nothing left for me to do (that I know of).

As soon as I have a computer and I'm programming again I'll take a look at some of those issues. I haven't forgotten about fixing the level up screen and I wouldn't mind trying to fix some of the other things too.

Thanks for all of the effort put into this!

As soon as I have a computer and I'm programming again I'll take a look at some of those issues. I haven't forgotten about fixing the level up screen and I wouldn't mind trying to fix some of the other things too.

Cool, thanks! It would be amazing if we could get it to the level of a full localization.

Really i didn't know that, than why are easier to get than number 6 supports?

IIRC, FE6 limits the total number of support points across all characters you can get per chapter, which FE7 and FE8 don't.

Thanks for all the effort put into this new patch, by the way. I've played the game using the old patch a number of times, and I'm looking forward to seeing it all in new glory when I next play!

Edited by Scarlet

I just downloaded this. Thank you SO much for making it! I always hated how the previous patch felt like it was written by a fifth-grader. You definitely aced the new script.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the changes as I replay this game!

houston we have a problem

P9npG8u.png

the second screen of the data erase menu's still broken. the first and third are fine, though, so that's something

also very minor character ending quibble: roy's title, which you've changed entirely to "lord of pherae". i can see why you did that, but the thing is, the "young lion" title used in the japanese text was actually used in fe13 as roy's title according to legends or the outrealm cards or whatever, so idk for the sake of consistency it might be worth reverting?

The text taken directly from FE7 and 8 didn't work for some reason in the data delete screen. I shortened it a little bit and it works fine now.

I didn't realize I'd changed Roy's title. >_> I thought the "Lion" title lost some kind of implication or association in English but I didn't have a good idea of what to replace it with so I left it as I found it when retranslating the titles. But if it was in Awakening, then Young Lion is fair game.

I made both changes and will upload the updated version shortly. Thanks for filling in for my lackluster testing as always, bookofholsety!

PS: I realize the "Bandit" thing on the snowy castle trial map isn't fixed, but I couldn't really be assed to find the right "Bandit" and figured it was minor enough that it doesn't particularly stand out anyway--even the officially translated games have a few mistakes of this sort. If you can find the correct offset, though, then I'll fix it. <_<;;

I just downloaded this. Thank you SO much for making it! I always hated how the previous patch felt like it was written by a fifth-grader. You definitely aced the new script.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the changes as I replay this game!

Thanks! Do enjoy.

Edited by gringe

I kinda did saw on the Class Intro and some of the classes' names haven't got changed and editted to the official english localized names and the Weapon Details needed to be replaced with the graphics from the English version of Fire Emblem (video game) and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stone.

0378-FireEmblem-SealedSwordJEurasia-Cava0378-FireEmblem-SealedSwordJEurasia-Clas

And also, for the changing to the staff's name to Tina (that there is an another Tina was already existed from Thracia 776 and plus, I was just asking if that "Tiena" name was just a fan-only name or not, I just wanted clarification?)

Edited by King Marth 64

the class roll has been on the to-do list from the start, but nobody currently working on this thing has the skills to clean it up. same goes for the opening cutscene, which i'd consider far more important since that's never been translated

the tina thing is really not a problem at all. there are plenty of characters in fe who already share names with each other, and nobody is going to care if a passing reference to a character from a mediocre manga happens to be called the same thing as a minor character from another game. i don't know where the "tiena" translation came from, but it's a clumsy and ugly butchering of the name and isn't even worth considering