FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at first i was going to just say that it works fine in my copy of the latest version and that you're likely using an outdated version...

pCOQbeR.png

but then i remembered that the new-style chapter labels, which your screenshot has, are a relatively new development and probably only present in 1.0, so you likely are using the latest version and we might have a problem on our hands. i wonder if there's some sort of issue where, if you enter the status screen under certain conditions, something might go wrong with the text overlap? do you remember if you specifically did something else in the game before opening the status screen?

I discovered this in the development of the patch. When the objective doesn't have enough spaces in front of it, it overlaps the "Objective:" text (I know adding spaces wasn't the cleanest way to handle it, but it was a quick fix).

I'm not sure why it look like this if you're using the most recent patch, though. Have you applied any other patches? Did you apply the localization patch yourself or download it from somewhere else?

Okay it was an issue on my end. As you may know, I'm in the process of making a french version of this awesome translation and I guess my edits did this. It works fine in the 1.0 localization patch though. I still don't know why it looks like this since I haven't edited that tiny bit of text yet. Sorry for bothering you, whoops :P

Edited by Bleachya43vier

• 3 weeks later...

while i don't know for sure, i'm inclined to say no because let's face it, who the hell has even heard of our translation? :P that said, even if it was ours, i absolutely would not recommend buying a repro from those guys and others like them. selling fan translations for $$$$ is shady as shit

if you want to play a fan translation on the original hardware, flashcarts are the way to go

while i don't know for sure, i'm inclined to say no because let's face it, who the hell has even heard of our translation? :P that said, even if it was ours, i absolutely would not recommend buying a repro from those guys and others like them. selling fan translations for $$$$ is shady as shit

if you want to play a fan translation on the original hardware, flashcarts are the way to go

The collector in me wants a physical cart but I think I'll just play this nice patch on my computer with a PS3 controller like I did FE1-3. Fast Forwarding is nice too. I'll probably get a REAL japanese FE6 for my collection at some point.

Does anybody know if this good translation is what is used for those fan made carts? I have this patch already but I would love to play a physical version of the game.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/226592632/fire-emblem-sword-of-seals-fan-madeIs this a crappy translation or the one from Gringe?

I bought that reproduction of Sword of Seals. unfortunately, it does not use this patch, but rather the old 'Sword of Seals' one.

There is also a bug I experienced. Whenever I save the game it freezes for a second, then goes back to normal, but the sound effects are very quiet. Leaving the music the same volume, but way louder in comparison.

This glitch is common among every reproduction of FE 6 I looked at. It would be mentioned at least once or twice in the reviews from different seller's listings.

I did notice that when I looked at the seller's page for the one I bought, he had a listing for a repro with the 'Binding Blade' patch instead. It's the only repro so far I've seen that uses this patch.

This is it: https://www.etsy.com/listing/250038690/fire-emblem-the-binding-blade-fan-made?ref=listing-shop-header-2

I still wouldn't recommend getting either of them. Like what Bookofholsety said, it's shady and you don't know how poorly it's made and what kind of problems it would have. Not to mention, as of right now, while I'm posting this, there hasn't been any reviews yet for the repro I linked using this patch.

Edited by ObliviousRay

And I've looked at a ton of different listings for the game.

I did notice that when I looked at the sellers page for the one you linked/the one I bought, they have another listing for the game that says it uses this patch for Binding Blade rather than the old Sword of Seals patch.

It's the only repro I've ever seen for FE 6 that says it uses this patch.

this is it https://www.etsy.com/listing/250038690/fire-emblem-the-binding-blade-fan-made?ref=listing-shop-header-2

oh geez. i've always joked that the big advantage of people selling repros of the old patch is that at least something that's partially my work isn't being sold for $$$, but now that it is... i confess to being slightly miffed

I just realized that the upcoming Roy amiibo will likely be compatible with Fates, and when Fates comes out in the U.S.(or Roy's amiibo is launched here, whichever happens last), we'll finally get an answer as to whether the sword should be called the Binding Blade or the Sword of Seals. If they do use Sword of Seals, I thought of a way to make the game and sword having different names less stupid. Just make the sword have multiple titles, being called both Sword of Seals and Binding Blade throughout the game, and maybe Sealed Sword too for good measure. It could be first introduced as "the Sword of Seals, also called the Binding Blade". So yeah just some food for thought.

Yeah, as a general rule, it's best to have one translation of a proper noun. Granted, the Durandal, Armads, and Forblaze have a couple different epithets in FE7 but I would still prefer to avoid it. Trying to work both BB and SoS into the script might make it a little overly meta for my tastes, too... The only place I could see it working plausibly is in Jahn's speeches.

But it's not 100% definitely out of the realm of possibility so I guess for now we observe.

"Nintendo Presents" has been glitched after the character introductions and restarted as first screen.

Link Arena needs to update the Name selection (Alphabet).

Necessary to change "The Binding Blade" logo as full capital like next installments. (THE SACRED STONES)

Edited by TempestBlade

I've not encountered that first glitch. I'm not really sure what we can do anyway...

I'm not planning on doing the remaining tasks in the Link Arena. Someone else is welcome to give it a go, though.

As for that last one, well, I don't think we'll be doing that. :P