FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

Necessary to change "The Binding Blade" logo as full capital like next installments. (THE SACRED STONES)

oh hell no. i honestly don't see why the existence of other fe games with fully capitalised subtitle logos makes doing the same to this one anything resembling necessary (especially given there are now just as many fe games which, well, don't do that). making it not look like ass was tedious enough the first time around

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kept the subtitles is fine.

About First glitch:

In New started game, glitch was encountered after the five character introductions.

I did load a save file, Epilogue is not shown as special signs. (Epilogue X and XX)

Special signs are required on English.

I'm really new to this patching thing , so I patched the game and put it and the patch in the same folder but when I play the game it doesn't work and stays black.Same is the case with some other patch I used but the game still works,only untranslated though.Am I doing it wrong?Thanks in advance!And I downloaded the ips version by the way.

I'm not sure if I have posted here, but I want to thank you for the great translation patch, it's really good. I wouldn't even be able to tell this from an official translation.

I'm really new to this patching thing , so I patched the game and put it and the patch in the same folder but when I play the game it doesn't work and stays black.Same is the case with some other patch I used but the game still works,only untranslated though.Am I doing it wrong?Thanks in advance!And I downloaded the ips version by the way.

If your emulator is capable of soft-patching, you don't need to patch the ROM. That may be the issue. Just make sure the patch file and ROM have the same name and are in the same folder.

I'm not sure if I have posted here, but I want to thank you for the great translation patch, it's really good. I wouldn't even be able to tell this from an official translation.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

If your emulator is capable of soft-patching, you don't need to patch the ROM. That may be the issue. Just make sure the patch file and ROM have the same name and are in the same folder.

Hm. Maybe he hard-patched it, but the patch is still in the same folder, so it's trying to soft-patch the already hard-patched version? I'm hardly an expert, but I think applying the same patch twice will end... poorly.

Yes, the emulator's capable for soft patching. I tried soft patching first actually but it didn't seem to work.

Hm. Maybe he hard-patched it, but the patch is still in the same folder, so it's trying to soft-patch the already hard-patched version? I'm hardly an expert, but I think applying the same patch twice will end... poorly.

Just took out the now hard patched ROM from the same folder. Still shows a black screen.

• 2 weeks later...

All I can really give you is the standard advice:

1) Try getting your ROM from a different source

2) Try a different emulator

3) Try updating your emulator

4) Make sure you're patching the right game, not FE7 or 8 (I know it sounds stupid, but I've seen people do much worse)

The patch works for everyone else, so obviously something is going wrong on your end. Unfortunately, it's very difficult for us to identify what that could be without being able to actually get hands on your computer.

Edited by Turtleman579

• 2 months later...

Hello, I am a new member here. And I became aware of this latest fan-translation patch, and I am eager in patching the Fire Emblem 6 ROM I have. I have downloaded the ISP patch for Fire Emblem 6, I have downloaded Lunar ISP to apply the patch into the Fire Emblem 6 ROM and it says it patched the file successfully. Here is the problem:

Whenever I double click on the file to play it that was patched, it shows a black screen there and nothing more. The emulator I use is the Visual Boy Advance emulator, and a black screen shows there when I try to play the file that was patched with v1.0. Does anyone know any solutions to this?

Edit:

Never mind this. I looked at the reply above me that suggested to get a Binding Blade ROM from a different source and I did that so I managed to get that issue resolved. There's no black screen, it is playing perfectly with the latest translation that was provided here. I thank the person here who suggested to get a ROM from a different source prior to applying the patch.

Edited by Roy Chan

Hey guys, currently playing this game for the first time ever, using this patch.

(I already hate the craptastic low hitrates, same turn acting enemy reinforcements and 80% of the cast having terribad growths/usability :D )

My question is: why are so many character names changed, some are even barely recognizable (Thany -> Shanna? wut?)

And in consequence, is there a GUI tool to edit them back to their old fantranslated names (since I make heavy use of FE message boards since a long time ago (R.I.P FESS) and it's kinda a pita to have weirdass names when everybody used/still uses the old fantranslated names, heck I still go by old fantranslated names for FE 4 despite the official nintendo names for ex)

I guess I could just hexedit them but I didn't do any romhacking / translating/ sprite editing in forever :(

My question is: why are so many character names changed, some are even barely recognizable (Thany -> Shanna? wut?)

FE13 lets you recruit the 'Ghosts' of some units from the older games. That's were the name Shanna and most of the other new names came from.

FE13 lets you recruit the 'Ghosts' of some units from the older games. That's were the name Shanna and most of the other new names came from.

Oh I didn't fight the FE6 cast in Awakening as I didn't know who those characters were at the time. I already found some of the other localized names for some older games weird as well... AFAIK there are even different localizations for some games between NOA/NOE/NOJ lmao. Oh well. I'll look into the rom to see if I can revert those changes.

Marth's fiancee.

NOA: Caeda

NOE: Shiida

NOJ: Sheeda

Anime: Sheda

Name: ?????

This translation prioritized official names first, even when they were very different. Some names were also changed for the sake of sounding more like names, like Zealot becoming Jerrot.

One thing I like to emphasize is that the "changed" names in the newest patch are all either official or accurate to the Japanese kana renderings.

With FEditor you can quite effortlessly search a character's name and edit all instances of it, but it would be a pain to do it for all the characters. I personally don't think it would be worth it if you're just planning on using the edit for your own gameplay, but knock yourself out.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a new member. I've tried just about every possible angle to get this game to work on the newest version of VisualBoy Advance, but I just can't seem to find a way.

Hello, I am a new member here. And I became aware of this latest fan-translation patch, and I am eager in patching the Fire Emblem 6 ROM I have. I have downloaded the ISP patch for Fire Emblem 6, I have downloaded Lunar ISP to apply the patch into the Fire Emblem 6 ROM and it says it patched the file successfully. Here is the problem:

Whenever I double click on the file to play it that was patched, it shows a black screen there and nothing more. The emulator I use is the Visual Boy Advance emulator, and a black screen shows there when I try to play the file that was patched with v1.0. Does anyone know any solutions to this?

I have essentially the same problem as this, but only with one of the methods I've tried. I've downloaded every Japanese Binding Blade ROM I could, and attempted to patch each with Lunar IPS, IPSWin, and DUPS, each with the respective file and each ROM file clean for every attempt.

The only ray of success I've had is with IPSWin on one of my ROMs, and that was purely a black screen. DUPS wouldn't even act like it patched anything, only giving me an error message. Lunar IPS would say the file was patched, but the game would still be in Japanese when loaded. I want the game hard patched, but I tried soft patching anyway. That didn't work either. I have tried another translation patch, and it did work, but I would vastly prefer this translation based on the screenshots.

Can I get a suggestion for another patcher that might work? Should I try with a different emulator?

I used the UPS version with NUPS and it works perfectly for VBA

If it keeps failing you could fish for a different rom, but I doubt that would solve it. Not like I'm an expert on that though.

Edited by Gradivus.

Redownloaded the UPS type patch and attempted to patch the best ROM I had. It at least said the file was patched, but VBA wouldn't run the zipped folder. I tried to open the folder and run just the file, but I got an error message saying Windows couldn't open the folder. Oh well, guess I'll just have to redownload a bunch of ROMs and see if they work now that NUPS is cooperating.

EDIT:

In a brilliant stroke of self-discovery and persistence, I remembered I could unzip folders! Astounding, self! NUPS let me patch the file from the unzipped folder and the game now runs perfectly. Thanks for giving me the power to try harder, and sorry to everyone else for the unbelievably large blob of text I posted earlier.

Edited by cybernetic_mantis

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gringe, so its been a little over a year now since v1.0 dropped, do you have any plans to release an updated version of the patch with your revisions along with the fix I submitted?

Hey gringe, so its been a little over a year now since v1.0 dropped, do you have any plans to release an updated version of the patch with your revisions along with the fix I submitted?

Now that the new Fire Emblem is out and it's all but certain that there are no additional characters from FE6, yes, this has been on my mind. I want to polish up a few dialogues in particular. I'm not totally sure when it will be ready, but v1.1 may be on the horizon.