FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

17 hours ago, gringe said:

No changes have been made since 1.1br7, but I am going ahead and declaring it complete by changing its name to v1.1! Enjoy~

I know this is high level nitpicking, but wouldn't 1.2 make more sense as a versionnumber, considering we already had 1.1?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, German FE Nino said:

I know this is high level nitpicking, but wouldn't 1.2 make more sense as a versionnumber, considering we already had 1.1?

I'd released 1.1brx versions up until now, with the intention to suggest 1.1 was not complete. 1.1 is complete now, so it loses the suffix.

I wanted to find something that I wanted to point out to fix in the The Binding Blade patch. I did managed to find some old info that I don't think it was been covered that had some support conversation with Garret and Lilina that had gotten screwed up script swap errors in their C Support. I don't know if this issue was technically fixed in the current patch by yourself or it was already been fixed long time ago since you hadn't mentioned about the Support Conversation with Garret and Lilina. I did seen it was mentioned that the C Support had Lilina spoke Garret's lines, I am not too sure which part of the line in Garret's and Lilina's C Support was gotten a mistake since I was trying to find it in ShadowofChaos's video, but I think he managed to fix the mistake for himself in his video.

By the way, I did checked this thread to see if Hanon, one of the Eight Legends, was ever brought up. I know that the official The Blazing Blade translation had Hanon mistakenly incorrectly referred to as Male instead of Female, but it was corrected in Heroes's translation having Brave Lyn saying Hanon as a Female. Does the current The Binding Blade patch still used Hanon referred to as Female or did it had the incorrect gender translation mistake as Male like in The Blazing Blade's translation?

Edited by King Marth 64

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I wanted to find something that I wanted to point out to fix in the The Binding Blade patch. I did managed to find some old info that I don't think it was been covered that had some support conversation with Garret and Lilina that had gotten screwed up script swap errors in their C Support. I don't know if this issue was technically fixed in the current patch by yourself or it was already been fixed long time ago since you hadn't mentioned about the Support Conversation with Garret and Lilina. I did seen it was mentioned that the C Support had Lilina spoke Garret's lines, I am not too sure which part of the line in Garret's and Lilina's C Support was gotten a mistake since I was trying to find it in ShadowofChaos's video, but I think he managed to fix the mistake for himself in his video.

By the way, I did checked this thread to see if Hanon, one of the Eight Legends, was ever brought up. I know that the official The Blazing Blade translation had Hanon mistakenly incorrectly referred to as Male instead of Female, but it was corrected in Heroes's translation having Brave Lyn saying Hanon as a Female. Does the current The Binding Blade patch still used Hanon referred to as Female or did it had the incorrect gender translation mistake as Male like in The Blazing Blade's translation?

I gave it a check and all of Lilina and Garret's support conversations look correct. I may have corrected it already? 🤔

Hanon has always been referred to as female in this patch, even before I got involved. It's clearly an error due to lack of context the translator was given for FE7 (Japanese does not use gender-specific words/pronouns as often as European languages) so it wouldn't have made a lot of sense to keep her male, especially since Hanon being female is like...the only thing that's said about her in FE6.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, again!  I have another maybe-an-error-but-maybe-not thing.

In Chapter 20 of the Ilia route, I think that the conversation between Roy and Guinevere ends prematurely. I missed the gaiden because Zelot is dead, but when I reviewed the script on the SF page doesn't involve the gaiden, so I'm not sure it matters.  The music starts to switch to the song that has the FE theme in it, but it starts while the screen is fading to the save screen.  I also missed the Angelic Robe because my berserk'd Fir killed some NPCs.

This might not actually be a problem, but wanted to make you aware of it just in case. The other times I've played this map I went on to 20X, so that's why this stuck out to me as seeming different.

Image of the last slide before it goes to the save screen is in the quote below.

FE6_Ch20_AbruptEnding.jpg.efa3a686ee40f55ff05a30bec0b62264.jpg

Maybe not an actual issue, but an FYI nonetheless.

Edited by Boatinater

On 3/26/2021 at 3:01 AM, Boatinater said:

In Chapter 20 of the Ilia route, I think that the conversation between Roy and Guinevere ends prematurely. I missed the gaiden because Zelot is dead, but when I reviewed the script on the SF page doesn't involve the gaiden, so I'm not sure it matters.  The music starts to switch to the song that has the FE theme in it, but it starts while the screen is fading to the save screen.  I also missed the Angelic Robe because my berserk'd Fir killed some NPCs.

This might not actually be a problem, but wanted to make you aware of it just in case. The other times I've played this map I went on to 20X, so that's why this stuck out to me as seeming different.

Image of the last slide before it goes to the save screen is in the quote below.

To end the dialogue at a place like this does seem like an issue--it's not a coherent place to leave the player, and the song changing seems to indicate something else should be there.

I will take a look in the next little while. Hopefully it can be taken care of with a simple text/event edit.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very new to emulation, and I'm having trouble getting this patch applied properly. After extracting all the relevant files, I used NUPS and applied it to the VBA ROM in the NUPS window. It said the patching was successful, but it still appears to be entirely in Japanese, so I must have made a mistake somewhere. Does anyone know what might be the problem? Is there a more reliable means someone could walk me through?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been excited to play this game for a long time.

On 4/15/2021 at 11:27 AM, Christmas Cavalier said:

I'm very new to emulation, and I'm having trouble getting this patch applied properly. After extracting all the relevant files, I used NUPS and applied it to the VBA ROM in the NUPS window. It said the patching was successful, but it still appears to be entirely in Japanese, so I must have made a mistake somewhere. Does anyone know what might be the problem? Is there a more reliable means someone could walk me through?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been excited to play this game for a long time.

Assuming you're on Windows: Try running NUPS as an administrator (right-click -> run as administrator). In NUPS, click "Apply an UPS patch to a file" and make sure you've selected the rom in the first field and the patch in the second. It should look like this:

2.png.1035072ebc76591108e27025b6e13ba1.png

Click "Patch" and then run the rom. If it's not working after that, you probably don't have a clean rom.

So this might seem a little off-topic here, but does anybody know if there's a way to make the Armory in Battle Preps available in Hard Mode with this patch installed?

There's a patch for enabling the preparations shop in FE Builder, but that one doesn't work in conjunction with the newest version of this Localization Patch (Did work with older versions of it though). This might be because of the edits to the Battle Preps menu in version 1.1, like implementing the support viewer (Which is great by the way).

I don't know the first thing about hacking unfortunately, and was just wondering if there was a way. All I know is the hex edits do nothing with the newest version of this patch applied. Already asked this in Fan Projects/Questions but didn't get a response.

I am having some trouble. In my playthrough, Bors' inventory seems to be glitched. Whenever the game tries to load his inventory (Item, Trade, or the preparations screen) the game freezes. It might be worth noting that I gave him Gant's lance, but when I tell him to attack, I cannot see it as an option. Perhaps that's related. I included a savestate, so you can test it yourself.

Fire Emblem - Fuuin no Tsurugi (Japan)1.sgm

On 3/26/2021 at 3:01 AM, Boatinater said:

So, it took me long enough, but it was indeed an easy fix. I confirmed and it seems that the "bad" ending now plays correctly in both the Ilia and Sacae routes. The latest version (1.1.1) is available in the first post.

Thank you for the report!

Since Nintendo Mobile channel just pulled up the recent trailer that have the recent new Bridal Banner that heavily focuses on The Binding Blade units. I did spotted three The Binding Blade characters are Saul, Juno, and Zelot (as a Bonus Unit and Shanna did mentioned his name in the Paralogue Conversation) were added in Fire Emblem Heroes as well as Shanna and Thea returning as well. I'll look up to make sure if they mentioned any new localized names that we haven't covered it yet when they come at May 20th since I do think the last banner had The Binding Blade character appeared exclusively in Seasonal Banner was Geese from the Pirate Banner that didn't mentioned anything new.

Edited by King Marth 64

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Since Nintendo Mobile channel just pulled up the recent trailer that have the recent new Bridal Banner that heavily focuses on The Binding Blade units. I did spotted three The Binding Blade characters are Saul, Juno, and Zelot (as a Bonus Unit and Shanna did mentioned his name in the Paralogue Conversation) were added in Fire Emblem Heroes as well as Shanna and Thea returning as well. I'll look up to make sure if they mentioned any new localized names that we haven't covered it yet when they come at May 20th since I do think the last banner had The Binding Blade character appeared exclusively in Seasonal Banner was Geese from the Pirate Banner that didn't mentioned anything new.

So it does! I appreciate you pointing these out every time they come out 🙂

Feel free to let me know if there's any dialogue that may affect anything in the patch.

I'm not sure if you'd consider this a gameplay change or if it's outside the scope of a translation patch, but have you considered adding a way to view all enemy ranges like Project Ember?

16 hours ago, cluesagi said:

I'm not sure if you'd consider this a gameplay change or if it's outside the scope of a translation patch, but have you considered adding a way to view all enemy ranges like Project Ember?

That would be a great convenience feature, but also outside of the scope of the project.

The goal for this patch is basically "immersion"--that is, does it feel/act like it could be a contemporary official localization? None of the GBA games had this feature, so unfortunately it would be a little immersion-breaking.

On 5/18/2021 at 4:10 AM, gringe said:

So it does! I appreciate you pointing these out every time they come out 🙂

Feel free to let me know if there's any dialogue that may affect anything in the patch.

Well unfortunately besides Zelot's name revealed in-game. I managed to take a look around at in the Fire Emblem Wikia on the Heroes Quotes for Shanna, Saul, Juno, and Zelot, the Paralogue Chapters, and the first part of Tempest Trials to see if they revealed any names that we haven't covered yet. Sadly that I didn't see any new localized names showed up on theirs. I'm still looking for Catria & Thea's part to see if Thea mentioned anything new.

Edited by King Marth 64

I noticed a potential little inaccuracy. The description for the Saint's Staff should probably read "Restores all HP and normal status to all allies."
Currently it only mentions HP. The statusheal is actually part of the effect of the staff and appearently is also mentioned in the japanese description.(though that bit could just be the internet failing me. We all know the track record of online translators in regards to japanese)

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Well unfortunately besides Zelot's name revealed in-game. I managed to take a look around at in the Fire Emblem Wikia on the Heroes Quotes for Shanna, Saul, Juno, and Zelot, the Paralogue Chapters, and the first part of Tempest Trials to see if they revealed any names that we haven't covered yet. Sadly that I didn't see any new localized names showed up on theirs. I'm still looking for Catria & Thea's part to see if Thea mentioned anything new.

Thank you for checking anyway!

1 hour ago, German FE Nino said:

I noticed a potential little inaccuracy. The description for the Saint's Staff should probably read "Restores all HP and normal status to all allies."
Currently it only mentions HP. The statusheal is actually part of the effect of the staff and appearently is also mentioned in the japanese description.(though that bit could just be the internet failing me. We all know the track record of online translators in regards to japanese)

If the Japanese I found is correct, then it is indeed missing that information. Thanks for pointing it out. This is something to consider for a future text update I think--kind of hard to justify a new version just for this 😛

3 hours ago, gringe said:

Thank you for checking anyway!

I got a quick question, since the current localized names for The Binding Blade characters had been the remaining the same like Rutger, Dieck, Melady, Brunnya, Galle, and Zelot for example with the current versions of CYL Polls when they got added in to Fire Emblem Heroes and even they already had been fixed the minor errors such as Niime, Murdock, and Thea had gotten fixed from Round 1 with no new name changes remaining for the FE6 casts like Scathach from FE4 had for other rounds after Round 1. Do you think that you could maybe do some updating to the rest of the playable characters' names that haven't been added in Heroes yet such as Trec, Astolfo, Barthe, Sin, etc. to match the current version of the CYL Poll so that you can maybe save time for minor edits for future new discovered localized names in the future when the rest of the other FE6 characters come to Heroes?

Edited by King Marth 64

50 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I got a quick question, since the current localized names for The Binding Blade characters had been the remaining the same like Rutger, Dieck, Melady, Brunnya, Galle, and Zelot for example with the current versions of CYL Polls when they got added in to Fire Emblem Heroes and even they already had been fixed the minor errors such as Niime, Murdock, and Thea had gotten fixed from Round 1 with no new name changes remaining for the FE6 casts like Scathach from FE4 had for other rounds after Round 1. Do you think that you could maybe do some updating to the rest of the playable characters' names that haven't been added in Heroes yet such as Trec, Astolfo, Barthe, Sin, etc. to match the current version of the CYL Poll so that you can maybe save time for minor edits for future new discovered localized names in the future when the rest of the other FE6 characters come to Heroes?

CYL names are reflected in the latest patch. 👌

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 11:29 PM, Nahuelescobar said:

is there a chance that the VJump trial maps are available?

I think you need a patch that has the V Jump Trial Maps in it (I don't know if someone has one made it) or find a Save Data that has the maps available in your own search (similar to like New Mystery of the Emblem had with the DLCs in the Save Data), but that would might be difficult transferring from two different patches available in the same data. I don't know if gringe would considered to make a separate patch of V Jump trial maps with copying the Same Fan Translations Patch Scripts and Localized Names from the update versions of the patch since I think gringe did mentioned years ago that he was looking for some ways to add the V Jump Trial Maps into the game?

Edited by King Marth 64