FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

FE6 Localization Patch v1.1br2

A quick update fixing the excessive text issue reported above! You can continue any save games from the older version.

Download here
Apply to a Japanese FE6 ROM with a UPS patcher such as NUPS
*If you don't know how to patch a ROM, please kindly Google it.

Testers Wanted! Please Report Any Issues!
Please let us know any issues you run into in this topic! Please also spread the word to anyone who may be interested in helping!

The game should be playable from beginning to end, but let us know if you encounter any issues!

Changelist

• Fixed issue with Roy's dialogue with Zephiel in Chapter 22 ending too soon due to the text being too long. I just shortened the dialogue a bit. No meaning should be lost. I checked other lengthy conversations and none I found had this issue, so hopefully it was an isolated problem.
Edited by gringe

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teeny tiny typo in Chapter 20 (Ilia).  Please forgive the poor screenshot with my scrawled note.

The rogue brace ( ] ) after "safe," scrolls by pretty quickly, so that's why the rest of the text in the conversation is still being typed out.

IMG_0754_small.JPG.665b9ecb8c6b9b7e9b24acd0ce549a3c.JPG

I got this in conversation after recruiting Juno with Thea and then having Juno Talk with Shanna.

7 hours ago, BlueFalcon29 said:

Melady's wyvern also has an official name. She mentions it in some of her support conversations. (screenshot is taken from Forging Bonds)1.thumb.png.4ff30dc92fc11c689c04cee5357572ae.png

Ah, nice catch! This will need an update too. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Boatinater said:

Teeny tiny typo in Chapter 20 (Ilia).  Please forgive the poor screenshot with my scrawled note.

The rogue brace ( ] ) after "safe," scrolls by pretty quickly, so that's why the rest of the text in the conversation is still being typed out.

IMG_0754_small.JPG.665b9ecb8c6b9b7e9b24acd0ce549a3c.JPG

I got this in conversation after recruiting Juno with Thea and then having Juno Talk with Shanna.

Thank you! I will include a correction for this in the next update.

We might have an issue here. I have no idea if this was ever brought up, but In the endevent of chapter 10A(Internally slot 0A in FEBuilder), it uses the wrong Item-message. I cannot entirely confirm what this is about, but it appears to be related to the lengh of the text. Maybe someone who knows more about technical stuff than me might have an idea.(For references, this also happened on older versions, but no idea about japanese original. Also, screenshot looks weird because I used the debug functions of FEBuilder to end the chapter early) 

Minor Bug.png

I did managed to summoned Dieck and Galle in Fire Emblem Heroes. I'll try to look and see if they mentioned any names that wasn't covered that gotten a localized name revealed before for the patch and the name chart as well.

Edit: I managed to looked at in the Heroes Script in Fire Emblem Wiki that Elen was mentioned in Guinivere's Info Screen. (no mentioning of the spelling so far, just voice conversation) I think I recall that was the first mentioned about Elen outside of the Choose Your Legends Poll. I haven't seen other names were mentioned in Merlinus's dialogue nor Melady's dialogue except mentioning of her Wyvern's name that was already been covered.

Edit 2: I forgot to ask @gringe, did you managed to change the boss from Chapter 16x to "Windham" and Elffin's true name "Myrddin" for the patch? They were involved in the Lost Lore Event for "One of True Sights" in Fire Emblem Heroes months ago.

Edited by King Marth 64
I forgot to ask about Windham and Elffin/Myrddin?

13 hours ago, German FE Nino said:

We might have an issue here. I have no idea if this was ever brought up, but In the endevent of chapter 10A(Internally slot 0A in FEBuilder), it uses the wrong Item-message. I cannot entirely confirm what this is about, but it appears to be related to the lengh of the text. Maybe someone who knows more about technical stuff than me might have an idea.(For references, this also happened on older versions, but no idea about japanese original. Also, screenshot looks weird because I used the debug functions of FEBuilder to end the chapter early) 

Minor Bug.png

Thanks, I will look into this when I have a moment.

6 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did managed to summoned Dieck and Galle in Fire Emblem Heroes. I'll try to look and see if they mentioned any names that wasn't covered that gotten a localized name revealed before for the patch and the name chart as well.

Edit: I managed to looked at in the Heroes Script in Fire Emblem Wiki that Elen was mentioned in Guinivere's Info Screen. (no mentioning of the spelling so far, just voice conversation) I think I recall that was the first mentioned about Elen outside of the Choose Your Legends Poll. I haven't seen other names were mentioned in Merlinus's dialogue nor Melady's dialogue except mentioning of her Wyvern's name that was already been covered.

Edit 2: I forgot to ask @gringe, did you managed to change the boss from Chapter 16x to "Windham" and Elffin's true name "Myrddin" for the patch? They were involved in the Lost Lore Event for "One of True Sights" in Fire Emblem Heroes months ago.

Thanks for the info! For FE6, the Choose Your Legends Poll seems to be an accurate representation of the names, at least of the ones we've gotten so far. Melady and Dieck were both consistent.

Windham and Myrddin already have their correct spellings!

16 hours ago, German FE Nino said:

Minor Bug.png

I was not able to replicate this. It displays correctly for me.

FE6Localization_v1_1br3.png.ed2113e11decac6a664e54400e572f28.png

I wonder if perhaps because the enemy is on the throne when you end the chapter it displays the faulty message?

1 hour ago, gringe said:

I wonder if perhaps because the enemy is on the throne when you end the chapter it displays the faulty message?

That usually changes nothing. And I did beat the chapter using the seizepoint before and the same thing happened. Did you skip the event on the test? Because it only happened when I let let the text finish normally.

9 hours ago, German FE Nino said:

That usually changes nothing. And I did beat the chapter using the seizepoint before and the same thing happened. Did you skip the event on the test? Because it only happened when I let let the text finish normally.

No, I watched the whole event. I'm not sure what could be going on.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to nitpick but I found this little typo, I think it's right after Chapter 16 when you get the Fire Emblem. It should be "Its power", not "It's power".

Btw thanks for your work on this translation. I'm currently playing through for the first time and loving it.

20201208_003920.jpg

3 hours ago, cluesagi said:

Sorry to nitpick but I found this little typo, I think it's right after Chapter 16 when you get the Fire Emblem. It should be "Its power", not "It's power".

Btw thanks for your work on this translation. I'm currently playing through for the first time and loving it.

20201208_003920.jpg

Indeed! Thanks for pointing that out. It will be fixed in the next version.

• 1 month later...

I noticed a minor thing. In the translationpatch, both descriptions for the divinestone are exactly the same, but they are diffrent in japanese. For consistency with the other two stones, textslot 680 should read "Fae only." instead of "Transforms Fae into a divine dragon.".

• 2 weeks later...

Found another minor misspelling, in the tutorial this time

actionss.png

Edit: Also, you know how you get the ability to hold A after beating the game once to make units move faster? Would it be possible to make that an option that can be disabled? I generally prefer the default movement speed but you have to let go of the A button very quickly after pressing it to avoid moving fast. Usually my units will move fast for the first few squares they walk just because it took me a few milliseconds to let go of the button, and it gets kind of annoying. Isn't that what the "Game Speed" option should be for anyway?

Edited by cluesagi

In-game, if you go in the "status" menu, you can press the "L" button to toggle this feature on and off. You'll see a number in the bottom-left corner of the screen appear and disappear as you do this. I don't know if this feature is in the original game or if the original translation put this feature in there. The way it is implemented is weird to say the least.

15 hours ago, tabachanker said:

In-game, if you go in the "status" menu, you can press the "L" button to toggle this feature on and off. You'll see a number in the bottom-left corner of the screen appear and disappear as you do this. I don't know if this feature is in the original game or if the original translation put this feature in there. The way it is implemented is weird to say the least.

Wow, thanks! I knew about the number (which I believe is your # of complete playthroughs + 1), but I never would've known that's how you toggle fast movement off. Very weirdly implemented indeed.

There is an apparent mistake in the base game I've noticed while playtesting the latest version of the patch. I believe I can "correct" this easily in FEBuilder, but I haven't decided what to do, so I want to gather some opinions to see if there is a consensus for this kind of thing. (Note that what I decide may ultimately not be what the popular opinion is. I just want to know if there is a consensus.)

The elder of Arcadia as seen in chapter 14/14x and at the end of the game use different NPC graphics. The one used in chapter 14/14x is a unique palette swap of the old man used nowhere else in the game (if I'm not mistaken), while the one in the epilogue is the generic color of old man you see in every other house. The dialogue suggests they are the same person which makes me believe this is an error.

f4iMcrP.pngfjzA0W2.png

What would you think if I were to "correct" the end game elder to be the same color he is in chapter 14/14x?