FE6 Localization Patch v1.2.1 - Full localization with new features, including Support Conversation reader

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I do that? Look this is what I've done. 1. Downloaded a Japanese ROM of FE6 along with the translation patch. 2. Unzipped the translation patch using WinZip and the name changes to FE6-TLRedux-v1.0.ups 3. Open NUPS 4. Put the ROM on the "file to patch" section and the unzipped patch on the "UPS patch" section. 5. When I click on Patch it tells me the patch doesn't match the file but I select ignore and patch it anyway. 6. When I try to open it with my GBA emulator it tells me its an unsupported file and cannot be opened. What exactly went wrong? Did I not unzip the patch correctly or what? I don't think its the ROM since I tested it and it works fine. Its been a huge headache and almost verge of giving up which is a shame because I'm looking forward to play this game.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it done. Thanks you for the help.

Edited by Junno
more info

16 hours ago, Junno said:

I got two from different sites, but ROMs are in Japanese. I tested them and they work but won't open once I apply the patch. Was I supposed to unzip the patch before applying it to the ROM with NUPS?

Yes, that would be the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job with the patch I'm at the Ilia/Sacae split and wondering if there is a way to open the .ups file to "read" the script? I'd like to read all the death quotes and all the alternate dialogue when you fail to finish a chapter in a X amount of turns to go to the gaiden chapter with the new translation. 

edit: And for example I just beat the gaiden chapter 16x and Douglas was still alive. He says a few things at the end of the chapter and I want to read what it says if he is not alive. 

Edited by Wyvern&Axes&DarkMagic

• 1 month later...

Got the Hugh glitch (first playthrough actually), seems to have happened after I switched roms, I think it was the same patch though. I also thought his stats were normal immediately after I recruited him. 

Also his over world sprite distorts when the cursor is on him, no idea if that means anything significant at all. 

Does anyone know how common this glitch is? 

Fire Emblem - The Binding Blade (English Patched)_1503465466833.png

Edited by Ben Wagner

The bow Murgleis got officially translated as Mulagir in Heroes; that's the English name of the legendary Sacae bow now (Lyn uses it in her Choose Your Legends version, Japanese version was checked, it's the legendary weapon)

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if the creators of this patch still keep an eye on this thread, but just in case they do, I want to say thank you. I'm playing through FE6 now for the first time, and the updated translation patch feels like an industry-quality localization.

4 hours ago, Cirosan said:

I don't know if the creators of this patch still keep an eye on this thread, but just in case they do, I want to say thank you. I'm playing through FE6 now for the first time, and the updated translation patch feels like an industry-quality localization.

Agreed! Playing Fire Emblem: Binding Blade v1.0 just felt like a rather fresh experience, and I still have yet to continue. The text, dialogue, etc. are just an improvement over the previous one. It at least gives me hope that the future remake will follow in its footsteps.

• 1 month later...

Forgive me for responding this late. I don't know if the thread is still active and being watched but I just want to verify if there has been any updates on the translated rom since FE Heroes, and which version is the most recent that I should download for that fresh 'localized' experience? The last time I downloaded the translated ROM was when it first came out. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

IDK if I already said this here or someone else has brought it up but the Sage and Druid Critical animations are lacking soud effects, adn to my knowledge so is elfin's
IDK if there is a thing I have to do to fix this but It's just somethign that riles up my ocd and I thought I should mention it here =/

2 hours ago, LoPo said:

IDK if I already said this here or someone else has brought it up but the Sage and Druid Critical animations are lacking soud effects, adn to my knowledge so is elfin's
IDK if there is a thing I have to do to fix this but It's just somethign that riles up my ocd and I thought I should mention it here =/

That's just how those animations are in FE6.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

Would it be possible to have Hard Mode unlocked from the very start?

You could just get a save with it unlocked. For example you could go to the thread in my sig, download one of the .sav files, put it in the same folder as the game, and rename it to the same thing as the game (ignoring the file type, and you might need to delete your save file if you started).

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 1:33 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

You could just get a save with it unlocked. For example you could go to the thread in my sig, download one of the .sav files, put it in the same folder as the game, and rename it to the same thing as the game (ignoring the file type, and you might need to delete your save file if you started).

I have been trying for two hours to get a completed save file working with the newer language patch so I don't have to replay normal mode to play hard mode, you just saved me. Thanks a bunch, seriously.

• 3 months later...

Hi there.

Just wondering: is there any resource with the latest official naming and spelling of proper nouns that appeared in Binding Blade? I want the information just in case I get around to doing an update. Not a promise, mind, just something I've had in the back of my head for a while now.

Do you count Heroes as an official translation/source?  I know there's some huge discrepancies between that and Awakening's translations.

I mainly had Heroes in mind, but I wasn’t aware there were inconsistencies with Awakening... What inconsistencies stand out in particular?

I guess the translators are not diligently using a translation memory or sticking to a term base. :[

Raquesis/Lachesis is one.

I could've sworn there was one in Binding Blade, but a bit of research shows that my memory's off.