Weird glitch

Glitchy

So I was playing the game with Japanese voices, I soft-resetted, because I knew once you soft-reset it goes back to English and I wanted to play on English. I just beat Chapter 13 and it was all English voices and everything, but when the Lucina movie played (the one where "Marth" reveales her identity) the movie was in Japanese. Then after the movie, it was English again. Has anyone else experienced this or can explain it?

Edited by lethality

Maybe not a glitch, but just something unexpected. The game probably loads the jap/eng cutscene depending upon what setting you saved before beginning a chapter?

Even though the voices were in English during the battles, it asks if I want to change back to English in "Extras" so maybe since that save file was never played in Japanese, because I played on Japanese in another save, the game thought it was still set in English so everything was in English except movies. I think that's what happened.

Maybe not a glitch, but just something unexpected. The game probably loads the jap/eng cutscene depending upon what setting you saved before beginning a chapter?

That's a negative.

It's been a known bug in the North American copy... I found it the first day I played.

You can set it to Japanese voices, but after you reset or turn the system back on, it will be in English voices. And the movies will all be in Japanese.

In order to have it in Japanese voices, you need to set it "back to English" and then back to Japanese for EVERY reset besides Classic Mode bookmarks.

It gets VERY annoying on reset happy runs like no Lunatic or Lunatic+. Which is why I just play my Japanese copy.