FE6 FEditor Bug Fixes

Onmi

Okay I know what I did wrong. And I know what to fix in the instructions.

The patch has been updated in the dropbox, despite the same name. I believe this should work now.

Unfortunately, no cigar just yet.

This was my process this time.

1. Apply translation patch

2. Open and save game in FEditor

3. Apply patch

After this point it worked perfectly, but I hadn't yet attempted to edit text. After editing text in FEditor and testing the game again, it blew up (froze with a loud screeching sound). I figured at this point all I needed to do was apply the UPS patch again so I did, and the edited text displayed properly, but the numbers glitched out again, and worse, the stat storing issue seemed to be a reality, as after choosing "Resume Chapter" my level 2 Roy's stats had all dropped by 1 or 2 points what they should have been.

After that I tried it like this.

1. Apply translation patch

2. Open the ROM and edit text in FEditor

3. Apply patch

This time the game froze with a loud screeching sound.

I hope my testing is useful.

Have you tried simply applying the patch? since the UPS patch was made with an FEditor saved Rom, and a clean rom?

EDIT: I literally just tried this with a clean rom. applied the patch, then saved in FEditor, no crashes it worked fine. No ones stats dropped.

Edited by Onmi

Well, I feel like an idiot now. Didn't realize I was supposed to apply the UPS patch BEFORE opening in FEditor. :KnollRoll:

Wunderbar. It works perfectly now. Thanks for posting this! With this I can get to work right away on polishing up the TL patch.

So I tried patching the clean rom with the translation patch, then patching with the bug fix patch, then saving in FEditor, then changing text in FEditor, and unfortunately my unit stats all were raised on Marcus and some other units.

So I tried patching the clean rom with the translation patch, then patching with the bug fix patch, then saving in FEditor, then changing text in FEditor, and unfortunately my unit stats all were raised on Marcus and some other units.

On a new file, or loading on old save.

The latter is going to happen.

So to make this clear, which of these do we do?

1. Apply this new FE6 FEditor patch to a clean Japanese rom, then apply translation patch to that rom, then open and save in feditor.

2. Apply the translation patch to a clean rom, immediately apply the FEditor fix, open in feditor and save.

3. Apply only this patch to a clean Japanese rom, ignore the translation patch (assuming this fix also changes the text to be translated to english, but since it's only a couple KB's I'm guessing not) open in feditor and save rom to apply all changes.

4. Other.

Edited by ManriKlok

... Get a rom with the translation patch. apply this patch. Save in FEditor. That should do it. Your old saves aren't going to work, same as FE7 and 8

Edited by Onmi

• 5 weeks later...