Ghost Trick Sequel

The Objection!

With Ace Attorney 5 coming later this year, I've been wondering about Shu Takumi's other work, Ghost Trick:Phantom Detective.

I think that some of us here have played the game on DS and/or iOS. It was a good game, if not better.

What do you guys think, should they create a sequel or not? And why should/n't they?

Personally I don't think they should, the reason being mostly plot-related, since I think the story ending that way is kinda alright already. However, I do see that...

The game left the fact that Sith could still get interested in the Temsik if it were to be known in the new time line. Not to mention the ending showed the Pigeon Man at the park with equipment near the meteor... though it was no longer glowing though who knows what exactly this means.

So yeah, they left themselves with material to work with should they make a sequel.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, Sissel don't have to be the protagonist, maybe he could be like Missile in the first game.

I think the game has a pretty interesting mechanic, wasting it is...

As for the ending, same goes for AA, the series could've ended with 1 game, the ending was pretty alright too.

But we know what happens next.

Edited by Objection!!

I'd love to have a sequel! The first Ghost Trick was really fun (AND MISSILE! <3)

Sadly, I'm not entirely sure if they'll actually make one since the first one's wrapped up pretty well... But here's hoping?

Edited by pinkbubblegum

I think I read somewhere that said they would develop a sequel if fans demand it.

I mean why not? The game still has a lot of potential. If they can develop a new game from scratch, I'm sure they'd have no problem creating a story for the sequel.

I recall reading that Shu did not want to make a sequel, and if he ever did it would be in spirit alone. I would dig that, because I feel that Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective doesn't need anything extra. It's that kind of awesome, a rare kind of awesome.

Just my opinion though. A sequel would still be cool, after all. Did great once, surely can do great again.