What would you change?

What would you change?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change?

I think we can all agree that FE13 was somewhat enjoyable, but there's always something that someone would've done differently if they had the know how.

I for one would make the subtitles different within confessions for when you have the Japanese voice set, because anyone who understands Japanese here would know that what they're saying isn't what the subtitles say.

i would also change the spotpass characters to actually look like who they're suppose to look, and I would probably change the multilayer around a bit.

There are some things I can let sly, like voice acting, but I wouldn't be mad if the game was fully voiced, but then you have the problem with the avatar's name, but that can always be worked around like Persona.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story to make the Avatar less important.

Supports to add in Cherche/Sumia and give both Sumia and Chrom more marriage options.

DLC to add in some cool things like Virion's escape from Rosanne.

There was a reasoning behind the lack of "feet" iirc

The story isn't the worse I've seen, but it felt like it could've involved more characters from your army.

EDIT: More Chrom marriage options?

Chrom x Miriel here I come!

Edited by lightdasher

I for one would make the subtitles different within confessions for when you have the Japanese voice set, because anyone who understands Japanese here would know that what they're saying isn't what the subtitles say.

Nono says her name... and that's a Nono for Nowi.

I know what they say Mr. Shadow, but I was merely stating that it bothers me.

I mean, Nah is called nn In the Japanese one if I recall correctly, some of the names where changed completely.

Like Tiamo.

I know it would be a pain to code, but the lack of involvement from the Avatar's spouse and children in the plot bothered me. I personally think the story could have been really good had it been really fleshed out and given more detail. Also more involvement in the plot from other characters would be nice as well. (If they were dead Chrom, Avatar, Lissa, Frederick or any other plot important character at the moment would say something similar to what they would have said.)

Edited by Kamina

Why not something like Mass Effect did? You have an optional side mission to go help them

Of course this would be for A supports or something.

Like for example, you reach Donnel A support, and then Donnel finds out his farm is under attack again and you unlock another side story. You go back and save the farm, and after you would have this big emotional cut scene with her mother being all proud at how he's grown.

Both story writing and characterisation could be improved upon, and I would like all female mounted units to wear some kind of proper leg protection. Foot units, whatever, depending on the defense level I guess but chafing is an issue for riders and not to mention it just looks really jarring on mounted units. More Valkyrie-like designs and less Great Knight-like would be good. GK may be my favourite class but the battle panties are awful and especially more ridiculous on an otherwise heavily armoured class.

Spotpass is free so fine as it is. DLC could've gotten special models, though, since we're paying extra. I guess support so in the vein of characterisation in that I want the supports to be less repetitive of traits and explore more of a character's background, motivations, and character depth. While some supports do get behind that and I appreciate it, I feel the majority of the supports tend to repeat the same quirks over and over again jarringly without working it smoother into the character.

Better writing for both the main story and the character background. Some character have untapped interesting potential, while the other are just the result of lazy writing. For the story they need total rework to make it less-avatar centric,

Character visual. While male unit almost satisfactory and very good in general, the female units are too fetish ridden, especially absolute zone (heck, even Miriel have one if she promotes to sage). I really love how Yuusuke managed to design units that really like they ready going to war, but it feels double sided when I'm see the female unit. Specifically, it is Cherche and Nowi that I feel really like a mixed bags (Nowi is a whole new level herself).

Edited by Shengar

I mean, Nah is called nn In the Japanese one if I recall correctly, some of the names where changed completely.

Like Tiamo.

Nononono, what I meant was that she actually says her name. No one else does that besides... you know... for Chrom.

And since they changed it, people would get confused if they actually put that name on the subtitles.

I've forgotten what Nowi says in her English confession, something like "awww, I've always wanted a husband, think of all the centuries--ah, YEARS we'll have"

As apposed to her Japanese one, which is something like "Nono loves you so much! Nono is so happy right now! Never leave Nono okay?"

Don't hit me if this is wrong It's from memory

As I've said forever, Characters (Visually). I'd add voice acting, but that would massively ramp up production costs and the size of the game. There's really no excuse for not giving characters at least personalized palettes though.

I thought the "joke weapons" where just so you could lower peoples health for lower units to get the final hit on?

aegis and pavise are good skills but the part that says beaststones and dragonstones are crap because there are no enemy taguels or dragons. The skills are good for streetpass i guess. They need to explain more of grima's backstory (why he hates humans like zephiel and medeus!) I wish there were online battles in this game.

Actually, on the subject of more Chrom wife options, wouldn't that only include Cordelia, Nowi and Miriel?

A Chrom'd Nah...

aegis and pavise are good skills but the part that says beaststones and dragonstones are crap because there are no enemy taguels or dragons. The skills are good for streetpass i guess.

Beaststones are effective against horsemen, pegasus, and griffon riders with that skill. Dragonstones are effective against wyverns with that skill.

Please think about these things before saying "they're only effective on streetpass".

I mean they aren't THAT good, but please do your research.

See, whenever I ask about "Taguels or Manakete's" people almost always seem to bring up "Manakete Morgan" or "street pass"

Everything.

Seriously though.

I would change the Avatar's brokeness.

I would change the story a lot to make it less "Avatar OMG"

I would change how the story handles it's villains, give them a lot more background

I would change Archer's Skl +2 to Paragon.

I would make Rescue unbuyable.

I would change the objectives in a lot of the maps.

I would change the game's map design almost completely, because they're mostly terrible.

I would completely overhaul the knight class.

I would change the stupidity with shafting characters because they have no supports.

I would change almost everything, except the music actually.