What would you change?

What would you change?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change?

Beaststones are effective against horsemen, pegasus, and griffon riders with that skill. Dragonstones are effective against wyverns with that skill.

Please think about these things before saying "they're only effective on streetpass".

I mean they aren't THAT good, but please do your research.

i know they are effective against those types of guys but i'm saying since there are no taguels or manaketes that are enemies that would make that part of the skill useful for players like us in game. the skills are still good for enemies though

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know they are effective against those types of guys but i'm saying since there are no taguels or manaketes that are enemies that would make that part of the skill useful for players like us in game. the skills are still good for enemies though

I still don't get your point.

Panne kills everything in Yarne's paralogue with that effectiveness as stated above.

You DO realize Valm has a lot of horsemen in things like Chapter 12, right?

If anything, the enemies CAN'T use it. The effectiveness is only for stones and when the user is of that specific class. As in STREETPASS. It's utterly WORTHLESS to non streetpass enemies.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I still don't get your point.

Panne kills everything in Yarne's paralogue with that effectiveness as stated above.

You DO realize Valm has a lot of horsemen in things like Chapter 12, right?

If anything, the enemies CAN'T use it. The effectiveness is only for stones and when the user is of that specific class. As in STREETPASS. It's utterly WORTHLESS to non streetpass enemies.

Pavise has the added effect of reducing damage from Taguels' attacks while Aegis does the same for Manaketes'.

You don't fight any of either in the main story, with the sole exception of Yarne in his Paralogue (and you should be trying to recruit him rather than fight him anyway), and even that can be avoided by siding with the Stonewall Knights for that chapter, so those parts of those skills are useless to the player outside of StreetPass battles.

That, I believe, is the point.

Edited by Starlight36

Too many maps are just wide open clusterfucks with no chokepoints.

More indoor maps please.

Give Virion a Silver bow and B rank.

Avatar is overpowered and silly.

Give Great Knight some pants. I'm pretty lenient on the fanservice but this just looks silly.

Allow a "helmets on" option. Tricksters with hats! Assassins with hoods! Cyclops Sniper! Black Manta Great Knight!

An option to make all generics female. (Probably a stupid idea, but I don't want their designs to go to waste)

He/she has the ability until Chapter 3 at worst. It's true that it is optional afterwards, but that's not the point. The fact the skill exists in the first place is dumb.

Let's see here...

Chapter objectives. It's basically rout for first half, kill boss for second half. Mix it up, give us some defend, etc.

Supports. Basically just more of them for the characters who can't marry everyone, since Tiki is the only one out of those who actually got a good amount.

Jumps in difficulty are awkward, particularly from Hard to Lunatic. Hard needs to be harder.

Gay marriage so I can have my female Avatar marry other women.

There are other things that can definitely be listed as problems or imbalances, such as Veteran and some of the directions the story takes, but I wouldn't change those because I don't think they're obvious and glaring enough.

Permadeath effecting the story?

I mean, imaging if Lissa dieing meant she actually died, and if said death occured on the mission [spoilers incase of new players]

where Emmeryn dies

Chrom would be devastated

I'd have streamlined the story a bit.

If they were going to so heavily hint ChromxSumia, they might as well have developed that throughout. Makes for a better story. There's a few plot holes to iron out as well.

Too many maps are just wide open clusterfucks with no chokepoints.

Wide Open? I'd say that Awakening's maps are "too small"...

Remove veteran gg?

What's wrong with Veteran?

On topic, I'd bring back Halberdiers, bring back Light Magic, change the Mastery Skills to their RD versions and bring back the missing ones (Stun, Flare, Corona, Deadeye, Savage, Ire and Impale).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Aside from the fact that it is, by far the best skill in the game, Veteran is pretty much the ONLY reason why MU is overpowered. Early game chips give 1.5 exp, and 1.5 more exp per kill is absurd. It is effectively Aptitude on Roids, put on a character who can actually use them.

Without Veteran, factoring in all class - Reclass, MU is nothing but an inferior X or inferior Y. Sumia and Panne being capable of almost matching MU in term of performance(mainly the later, because of her absurd stats progression, but I have a Sumia fetish in this game) is a solid prove of that. Heck, I can argue that MU will be at best, High - bottom top Tier if they did not have Veteran. Thats how broken it is

The same can be said for Nosferatu for Sorcerer. Sorcerer will NOT be broken if they did not have Nosferatu. Take away Nosferatu, or say.... have it at 1/4 health drain(on topic) and it will not be broken. The LOLDEFENSECAP or LOLDEFENSE is nothing but a way for detractors/sorc lovers to make Sorcerer look better than "I have Nosferatu and thats it"

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Multiplayer has a lot of vote, but very few people have said anything about it.

I would have quite liked something like SD's multiplayer again, perhaps with internet play. There are some things which would have needed to be changed (Dual Guards, while entirely fair, would likely be a bit too frustrating for the game to be enjoyable) but nothing too major.

The story has obvious issues, oh well.

I also voted for difficulty. I like that there's four very different difficulties, but I feel like the difference from Hard to Lunatic is a bit too big, especially early. Something in between would have been ideal. Hard+, now that's something I'd have liked.

Finally the other thing (and it kind of factors into difficulty actually) is Seals. Master Seals, cool, fine. Second Seals... a little broken. By which I mean, totally broken. Make Second Seals MUCH rarer. Like, you can buy them ONLY from chapter 25's shop, and you get your first one about chapter 20-22ish. In place of most other Second Seals, add Change Seals. These would pretty much be items that gives a character reclass, Shadow Dragon style (no level reset). You could learn the new classes skills after as many levels as it normally takes to learn a skill, provided you don't change first (e.g. Great Knight!Fred learns Luna at level 5. He Change Seals to a Paladin. At level 9 (gained 4 levels as a Paladin) he learns Defender. If he stayed in Paladin, he'd learn Aegis at level 19).

Veteran is pretty much the ONLY reason why MU is overpowered. Early chips give 1.5 exp, and 1.5 more exp per kill is absurd.

Factoring in all class - Reclass, MU is nothing but an inferior X or inferior Y. Sumia and Panne being capable of almost matching MU in term of performance(mainly the later, because of her absurd stats progression, but I have a Sumia fetish in this game) is a solid prove of that. Heck, I can argue that MU will be at best, High - bottom top Tier if they did not have Veteran. Thats how broken it is

The same can be said for Nosferatu for Sorcerer. Sorcerer will NOT be broken if they did not have Nosferatu. Take away Nosferatu, or say.... have it at 1/4 health drain and it will not be broken. The LOLDEFENSECAP or LOLDEFENSE is nothing but a way for detractors/sorc lovers to make Sorcerer look better than "I have Nosferatu and thats it"

Well, almost unlimited class options and customisable stats go a fair way towards making someone overpowered as well. Veteran just gives the Avatar a head start.

Custom stats and unlimited class did not broke Avatar as much as Veteran does >_>

Even end game, when everyone is maxed, the Avatar is generally considered the only first gen who can stand on par with the children characters.

Veteran lets him dominate the main game. Everything else lets him stand as one of the best post-game units.

Edited by Onestep

Aside from the fact that it is, by far the best skill in the game, Veteran is pretty much the ONLY reason why MU is overpowered. Early game chips give 1.5 exp, and 1.5 more exp per kill is absurd. It is effectively Aptitude on Roids, put on a character who can actually use them.

Without Veteran, factoring in all class - Reclass, MU is nothing but an inferior X or inferior Y. Sumia and Panne being capable of almost matching MU in term of performance(mainly the later, because of her absurd stats progression, but I have a Sumia fetish in this game) is a solid prove of that. Heck, I can argue that MU will be at best, High - bottom top Tier if they did not have Veteran. Thats how broken it is

The same can be said for Nosferatu for Sorcerer. Sorcerer will NOT be broken if they did not have Nosferatu. Take away Nosferatu, or say.... have it at 1/4 health drain(on topic) and it will not be broken. The LOLDEFENSECAP or LOLDEFENSE is nothing but a way for detractors/sorc lovers to make Sorcerer look better than "I have Nosferatu and thats it"

I'm sorry, but Sumia can't even be compared to Avatar in any way. Avatar outclass everyone by miles in their classes. Like, Dark Flier Avatar gets Galeforce by Chapter 16 in LTC (just an example) vs Sumia and Cordelia never getting it. Panne isn't comparable either, despite how broken she can end up being.

Edited by Peekayell

I'm sorry, but Sumia can't even be compared to Avatar in any way. Avatar outclass everyone by miles in their classes. Like, Dark Flier Avatar gets Galeforce by Chapter 16 in LTC (just an example) vs Sumia and Cordelia never getting it. Panne isn't comparable either, despite how broken she can end up being.

I don't really see LTC as being a fair measure of a characters worth.

On a normal playthrough, it's not entirely unusual for Sumia to get Galeforce by Chapter 16. If you were actively seeking it, you could even have her with it by the time Lucina shows up.

I don't really see LTC as being a fair measure of a characters worth.

On a normal playthrough, it's not entirely unusual for Sumia to get Galeforce by Chapter 16. If you were actively seeking it, you could even have her with it by the time Lucina shows up.

It was just an example from the type of play I know. The Avatar can do anything any other character can do, but better is what I mean.

A Knight called Kellam->Avatar can reclass to Knight and roflstomp him.

Oh look! Ricken and Mirieil can use Rescue if he/she goes Sage. Nvm! Avatar can do that too.

Oh, these 2 girls can get Galeforce without reclassing, do want. Oh wait, Avatar can reach it faster and can actually use tomes!

Avatar without Veteran is still probably better than the rest of the cast, not joking. Veteran just makes it overkill.

Edited by Peekayell

Bases/growth are fairly mediocre and Tactician is not a great base class without Veteran (dem bases...). If going to Peg/Wyvern, has weapon rank issues and higher internal level. Nowhere near the stats of Panne either.

Sure maybe better than much of the cast, but no longer top.

Edited by XeKr