What would you change?

What would you change?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What would you change?

Story -- A big one. It's okay, with its main issues being a lack of character development for the protagonists and antagonists. We're past the point of extremes in character traits, so I'd like to see some complexity within the characters. There was a hint of it with Gangrel and an even more subtle touch with Walhart. Nonexistent, in my opinion, with the other main characters.

Basically, I would love for the story mode to have been longer, which would have helped with story and character development.

Multiplayer -- Give us online, bro. Maybe even a cooperative campaign/story mode, too.

Characters -- Visually and behaviorally. I'd keep the extremes, like Vaike, Miriel, Virion, and the like, but I would attempt to add some complexity to other characters (like Cordelia being boring and perfect). Visually, less service.

DLC -- Allow the recruitment of more lord characters. More custom DLC-only classes.

Classes -- I'd add a couple more classes. Also, with the animations, I'd attempt to emulate the GBA era as much as I possibly could. The animations were so boring in this game.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget that he can still get the level lead before Veteran is removed in Chapter 3 though and has every single class option still. E lances would hurt, if it couldn't be forged and there weren't str tonics and pair up :/

I'd... tweak the story, probably make it a fair deal more focused and ramp up the villains (Grima and Validar need more presence). Future Past is no longer DLC, and is instead part of the main game.

Implement a difficulty between Hard and Lunatic.

Add a Vs. Mode-- 10 v 10, 20 v 20, using select story maps. RNG determines 1stTA.

Streetpass Mode Change: Allow you to set some options for your team:

--Team Type: -Normal: Functions like a Spotpass Team, AKA current. -Merchant: Cannot fight this team, but it can sell any number of items, rather than 1 of each. MU of a Merchant Team can only be recruited thru Gold. -Hostile: Team appears as Red/Enemy units. Cannot be dismissed, and functions similar to a Risen Skirmish when it appears. The MU can be recruited if the team is defeated.

--Map Preference: Allows you to set a "default" map that your team appears on on the receiving player if able.I

Remove Gender-locked Classes, retool Griffons (or just bring out FE3/Male Peg Knights), female 'zerkers, Grooms, Female Dreads, etc.

FEET.

Also, I'd replace Smash Bretheren's Map. Endgame:Light is the worst map ever.

Honestly, I would have added two things that would have greatly improved the experience for me. The first would be more supports for the units with a small support list, Anna, Priam etc. While the other is more Cut scene involving the villains, it would have made me enjoy them a bit more instead of thinking of them all as being card board cut outs and one shots.

Also, I'd replace Smash Bretheren's Map. Endgame:Light is the worst map ever.

this guy speaks the truth

anyway, second seals should have had some sort of limit on how much you could use them (and their appearances could be pushed back too)

I forgot on my list of changes...[spoiler=regards the ending]

I'd remove that Stinger from MU's ending. You pick MU's ending, he/she dies. That's it. No happy finish, no Have Your Cake and Eat it too, onesided choices. (And replace his/her ending with the generic "Died in Endgame: Grima")

Even end game, when everyone is maxed, the Avatar is generally considered the only first gen who can stand on par with the children characters.

Veteran lets him dominate the main game. Everything else lets him stand as one of the best post-game units.

You seriously won't have any characters capped by endgame, not without serious grinding. Avatar is one of the only characters who will, because +50% EXP and mixed growths go a long way towards hitting caps.

In postgame, sure, he's far from the best, but he's viable. The increased caps go a long way, since with min/maxing he's not much worse than they typical child, and he has total class access as well as supports with everyone.

Veteran is really the main reason he's so good, along with tome access early on. If he lost Veteran, he'd be good, but probably not top tier. If he lost that and tome access, he'd be very mediocre.

Avatar without Veteran is still probably better than the rest of the cast, not joking. Veteran just makes it overkill

Granted they are innacurate

HP: 26.2

STR: 10.5

MAG: 9.05

SKL: 9.95

SPD: 13.40

LCK: 6.5

DEF: 9.6

RES: 6.7

That does not seems to be "crazy" to me TBH

At chapter 3, Avatar is stuck as a Tactician, while Sumia is already ORKOING shit left and right with Freddy pair up

Granted they are innacurate

HP: 26.2

STR: 10.5

MAG: 9.05

SKL: 9.95

SPD: 13.40

LCK: 6.5

DEF: 9.6

RES: 6.7

That does not seems to be "crazy" to me TBH

At chapter 3, Avatar is stuck as a Tactician, while Sumia is already ORKOING shit left and right with Freddy pair up

Sumia's durability sucks even with Fred pair up. If that Avatar pairs with Fred, he's ORKO'ing shit too and taking a lot more enemies than Sumia per turn. Sumia's hp, despite pair up and tonics, does hold her back. In Lunatic, Sumia can't even escape being OHKO'd right away with the best defensive pair ups iirc. Avatar, even without Veteran is still ridic good. Sumia is good, but can't compare.

My main priority would be the Streetpass DLC bug. Once that is fixed, I would work making it so that EVERY female unit has a Cordelia bikini type scenario, and you can only see the image for the first time if you married them.

Even lolis.

I like most of the game as it is.

The things I'd change are:

-more marriage options for Chrom, Sumia, Anna, Say'ri, Tiki, Flavia and Basilio

-less generic father/child supports

-same-gender S support/marriage

This would lead to an adopted kid (more characters) being randomly assigned to them

-Lucina having her mother's hair colour (which doesn't work for the story, i know... she might have been wearing a wig?)

-being able to name children, or at least Morgan

-add playable soldier class

It always bothered me that if you married Lon'qu, Say'ri or Yen'fay, Morgan's name didn't have a ' in it. I mean, it could've been...Mor'gan...or something...

I think items that give skills like in FE5 would be cool. (Like a Sol book you could use on a character who doesn't have access to Hero to give them Sol, or a Galeforce book, etc)

Edited by Virion

Remove Lunatic+, it's such a stupid mode it shouldn't even exist, and replace it with something between Hard and Lunatic. Also either remove the Valm arc entirely to focus on developing the final arc or a complete plot overhaul where most of the first gen team actually gets killed and you have to control the children from invisible ties and forward, with the ending being something akin to the Future Past DLC (this gives huge FE4 signals, but since that's what they were trying to do with the children anyways, might as well go all the way).

Also remove the reinforcements that appear literally out of freaking nowhere on Chapter 16, seriously I have no trouble with ambush spawns when the enemy politely announces them a few turns in advance, even with backspawns since they are expectable most of the time, but those random Falcon Knights from the sideways? That was a dick move.

Edited by Jackos

Better maps and a better back half of the story would probably be the two big ones from me. Maybe make enemies able to do pair up as well? Maybe not on Normal, but would be nice for the more challenging difficulties.

A little bit of class rebalancing might be good as well. Nerf GK skill-wise, buff Mage, Archer and maybe Thief for starters.

Feet.

That's pretty much the only complaint I have about this game.

Oh, and I would add another opposite gender avatar that can also support.

- It would have been nice if they had jazzed up the story a little so that it's more than just "giant evil thing will do very bad thing, must stop it!". It's hard to emotionally connect with and root for the characters with such a barebones storyline.

- An online multiplayer like they had for Shadow Dragon would've been cool, although it would probably be saturated with OP sorcerers and the like.

- Most of the time it feels like every character is a massive gimmick. Be more subtle next time, IS!

- I liked it better when the characters were dressed semi-realistically and not like strippers (I'm looking at you, Tharja).

- Archers have been getting the shaft since the conception of this series. Give them better bows, buff them or make enemy-phase less important, please.

- More voice acting would've been cool.

- The difficulty is pretty ridiculous at times. Sometimes the winning strategy is to grind your units excessively so they don't get steamrolled by enemy reinforcements or huddle your units together, spam rallies and hope for the best. That needs to be fixed. Oh, and making the MU less of a tactical nuke would help too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...