Awakening should've done Generals and Snipers like RD

First Crossbows for snipers as they worked well. Good Resistance and a full weapon triangle would do wonders for Generals in Awakening. Finally both could use good skills. Great Knights and Assassins shouldn't all the good stuff.

>implying crossbows were good in RD

>implying that Assassins have good skills

>implying that Dual Guard+ is actually useful

That's just off base.

Incidentally, I'd say that Generals didn't really have good Resistance in RD so much as it was that mages were saddled with weak weapons.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Why couldn't both Great Knight and General have weapon triangle control? Why just Great knight? Crossbows would be nice, give them more MT though.

Generals not having Weapon triangle control doesn't make any sense. They've used more weapons then any class other then Paladin and have had like four weapon variants. Also poor Zephiel and Black Knight.

Great Knights are supposed to be specialized in Axes alone. it doesn't make any sense for them to have full weapon triangle control, especially over Generals.

Just because DG+ isn't useful for you doesn't mean it's not actually useful

I don't necessarily think it's useless - I just think it's not worth an extended stay in Great Knight.

Great Knights are supposed to be specialized in Axes alone. it doesn't make any sense for them to have full weapon triangle control, especially over Generals.

It's been a whole lot of years since FE4, mate.

Generals should have been given Bow access, like they did in FE11. That's right: I went there.

Crossbows were OK when you combined them with the "Foe" abilities. And by "abilities" I mean "Beastfoe". The solid HIT and flexible range were pretty saucy.

The only class(or tree) who can claim to get all the good stuff are Pegasus(GF) and Cavalier - Knight(GK too good)

I mean, when during min maxing(lolminmax) most of the good father in the game can be summed as, "They have access to Great Knight. Best Thing Ever 10/10", something is wrong

Also General need MOV >_>

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Great Knights specializing in Axes alone were thrown out of the window the immediate moment that Sacred Stones made them the middle ground between Paladin and General. Eespecially since it seems to be that kind of Great Knight that Awakening is going with, and also especially since Sacred Stones introduced the class to the western FE players (barring all the importers) for the first time.

Edited by Folt

I honestly believe that the skills is the last thing generals can complain about. Pavise alone is better than every skills some extended classes have(e.g. the archer/barbarian lines).

I honestly believe that the skills is the last thing generals can complain about. Pavise alone is better than every skills some extended classes have(e.g. the archer/barbarian lines).

Agreed.

>implying that Assassins have good skills

>implying that Dual Guard+ is actually useful

Pass is crazy good, and Luna and Dual Guard + are better than Rally Defense and Pavise, two skills which I consider to be absolutely worthless.

Pass is crazy good, and Luna and Dual Guard + are better than Rally Defense and Pavise, two skills which I consider to be absolutely worthless.

I'd agree on Pass were it not for the fact that pretty much 10 times out of 10, killing an enemy is better than passing through them (it was seriously more useful in RD), and I like Luna. Dual Guard+, however, requires an extended stay in a class I'd probably object to staying in past level 10.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Generals should have been given Bow access, like they did in FE11. That's right: I went there.

I agree with this. I loved that Generals could use bows in Shadow Dragon. Would have been great if Generals had bow access as well as lance and axe access in Awakening. By the way Pavise is great, so is Aegis really, but no one has brought that up.

I'd agree on Pass were it not for the fact that pretty much 10 times out of 10, killing an enemy is better than passing through them (it was seriously more useful in RD), and I like Luna. Dual Guard+, however, requires an extended stay in a class I'd probably object to staying in past level 10.

It's not so much you'd prefer to kill them as it is that Awakening's maps are too wide open for the skill to ever really matter. It was good in RD because the map design was a lot better with more tight corridors and less random enemy placement.

Great Knights are supposed to be specialized in Axes alone.

The only character (excluding spotpass and DLC) in the game who actually starts off as a great knight specializes in lances and is equally proficient in swords and axes, so I don't see why this should be some sort of rule. I strongly suspect the only reason you're saying this is because great knights used axes exclusively in the Jugdral saga. This worked in the Jugdral series because great knights were a promoted form of axe knights--a class that used axes right from the start. Saying that great knights should specialize in axes alone makes no sense in Awakening (or Sacred Stones for that matter) because they do not stem from classes that use axes in any capacity. Edited by Charlie

It's been a whole lot of years since FE4, mate.

Great Knights specializing in Axes alone were thrown out of the window the immediate moment that Sacred Stones made them the middle ground between Paladin and General. Eespecially since it seems to be that kind of Great Knight that Awakening is going with, and also especially since Sacred Stones introduced the class to the western FE players (barring all the importers) for the first time.

The only character (excluding spotpass and DLC) in the game who actually starts off as a great knight specializes in lances and is equally proficient in swords and axes, so I don't see why this should be some sort of rule. I strongly suspect the only reason you're saying this is because great knights used axes exclusively in the Jugdral saga. This worked in the Jugdral series because great knights were a promoted form of axe knights--a class that used axes right from the start. Saying that great knights should specialize in axes alone makes no sense in Awakening (or Sacred Stones for that matter) because they do not stem from classes that use axes in any capacity.

Great Knights were Axe focused in FE10, yes they're Great Knights in the Japanese version. They even wear the same armor as the Jugdral Great Knights.

And Sacred Stones had Generals as able to use the full weapon triangle as well.

yes they're Great Knights in the Japanese version.

I found your problem.

EDIT: Nah, I'll at least make a not 100% snarky post:

The only other time we Westerners have had Great Knights was FE8, in which they had WTC. As far as the non-import crowd (which I'd wager is the largest subset of people who play FE) is concerned, the last (and only) iteration of Great Knights was FE8, so :?

Edited by Integrity

It's not so much you'd prefer to kill them as it is that Awakening's maps are too wide open for the skill to ever really matter. It was good in RD because the map design was a lot better with more tight corridors and less random enemy placement.

There's the rub - situations where Pass could be useful in Awakening were generally few and far between.

How does that they're not translated as Great Knights in the English version, change that they're intended to be Great Knights?

Well, you're saying that because they're called Great Knights they should specialize in axes, which isn't the case in any of the English games that have Great Knights. Hell, even the Japanese games have precedence for Great Knights having full WTC. You can also note that the games where Cavaliers are split (fe4, 5, 10), Great Knights are just promoted Axe Knights; in the games where Cavalier is the only horsey fighty class, Great Knights have WTC. There's no reason to think they'd specialize in axes like FE4/5/10.

Great Knights were Axe focused in FE10, yes they're Great Knights in the Japanese version. They even wear the same armor as the Jugdral Great Knights.

You're right, I forgot about that, but it doesn't change a thing. My point applies just as much to Radiant Dawn as it does to Jugdral.

Well, you're saying that because they're called Great Knights they should specialize in axes, which isn't the case in any of the English games that have Great Knights. Hell, even the Japanese games have precedence for Great Knights having full WTC. You can also note that the games where Cavaliers are split (fe4, 5, 10), Great Knights are just promoted Axe Knights; in the games where Cavalier is the only horsey fighty class, Great Knights have WTC. There's no reason to think they'd specialize in axes like FE4/5/10.

I'm aware they don't want Cavaliers to lose a weapon type, but there's no precedence for Great Knights being the only class to have the full weapon triangle.