Walhart's FE9 0% Growths Hard Mode Enemy Recruits Only Video LP!

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which video is a better length for Chapter 3?

• I like the full length version (21 mins), it is sped up perfectly
    • I like the fast version (10:37), it is the right length but no content is lost
    • It should be longer than 21 mins and less sped up
    • It should be shorter than 10 mins and more sped up
    • Upload both the full versions and fast versions even if that means updates will take longer

Have you ever wished that FE9 was harder? Have you ever wanted to play as the bad guys for a change? Have you ever looked at that Level 17 Red Dragon in the penultimate chapter and wished that he was on your side? Well, this is the run for you to follow, my friends.

I will post videos of screen recorded runs of each chapter. However, there will be no voice commentary. I will add some text below each video that encapsulates my thoughts on each chapter. I will also update the characters section after each chapter to record my thoughts on each character, name new recruits, and update ratings. I'm planning on talking about both strategy and general thoughts on the characters, while including a few random jokes, a ton of random references and the such for entertainment purposes. Obviously, I'm not going to do anything as extensive as my other LP strategy-wise since I doubt anyone else will be doing a run exactly like this one.

Credits to Espinosa and VincentASM for making this run possible! Seriously, I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to hack in 0% growths without their help. And thanks to dondon for pointing me to them.

FE9 Growths Enemy Recruits Only Run aka Walhart!FE9:

The Rules:

- Hard Mode

- All units have 0% growths in all categories

- NO UNITS THAT ARE NORMALLY PLAYER CONTROLLED CAN ATTACK OR BE ATTACKED

- NO UNITS THAT ARE NORMALLY PLAYER CONTROLLED CAN BE RECRUITED AND USED (e.g. No Jill or Zihark)

- One Enemy will be chosen each chapter to recruit to the player side. Due to how my AR code works, this enemy will not join until the following chapter, and will not fight against you in the chapter in which it initially appears (but rather I will make him go hide in a corner until the end of the battle).

- BOSSES, NEUTRAL UNITS, and NON-GENERIC ENEMIES CANNOT BE RECRUITED (exception for inferior version Greil)

- Ike is forced on all chapters but cannot fight or be attacked

- All player characters must be killed off or benched.

- Occasionally, extra characters will appear on the bench as a result of the hacks, these characters cannot fight, be deployed, or trade their weapons

- Weapons held by units that are normally player controlled cannot be used (exception for the first few chapters)

- This LP starts at chapter 3, due to difficulty with getting extra units on the battlefield for the first 2 chapters. 1 generic has been recruited from each of the chapters 1 and 2

- Inferior version Greil is recruited in the Prologue, he is the only neutral unit or non-generic npc that can be recruited throughout the game. Superior version Greil cannot be recruited and Discipline cannot be removed.

- None of the generic recruits or Greil can die

- If you cannot fill all of the deployment slots without deploying a character that does not meet all of these rules, the slot must be left empty

- BEXP is NOT allowed

- Save states are allowed in extreme circumstances (for instance, I wouldn't have been able to beat Havetti in Chapter 3 without some luck), but I will not abuse them when they are not necessary

- Ike can trade/shove when absolutely necessary as long as it does not require him to move more than his legal base movement (6 spaces)

- Ike cannot be used to block spaces or anything of the sort

- As usual, I won't be playing for turns and obviously not for reliability since I am the only person doing this exact run, but I will try to minimize resets and save states (Again, an exception for people like Havetti whom it would be mathematically almost impossible to kill without reloading for lucky dodges).

And what of my FE13 Lunatic+ LP/walkthrough? Well, I'll copy paste my answer to that from another topic:
The FE13 Luna+ run is still happening, I've just put in on hold for a little while because my heart hasn't been into it lately and I really liked this idea for the new LP. I'll still work on FE13 occasionally and I haven't given up by a long shot, but this other run just seems like so much more fun. Besides, there are plenty of other competent Luna+ guides floating around now (1% critted's, Interceptors and SOC's among them).

Without further ado, I present the first of my series of challenge runs, this one with the purpose of making FE9 challenging and fun at the same time.

Enjoy!

Edited by Walhart

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Characters (updated to Endgame)

Greil

Name: Greil

In-game name: Greil

Class: Hero

Appears as enemy in: Prologue

Join Level: 10

WPN Levels: A Swords, S Axes

greil_zps053405e4.jpg

Thoughts:

Greil is basically just a weaker Ike. Looking at his stats I thought he would be terrible. However, he is actually the best character in Walhart!FE9 for the first chapter. His speed allows him to double the armies of enemy axeusers, something that no one else can claim until Jack Sparrow arrives. Greil also comes with the trainer, a great weapon that is basically a slightly stronger iron sword that never misses. He also has good move for an unpromoted foot unit. He has ridiculously high weapon ranks and can use axes, a fact that is sort of useful since it allows him to finish off some enemies with a steel axe. He can promote to Ike (seriously, if you don't believe me look here), but that won't be happening for a while and the bexp/master seals are probably better spent on someone else. Besides, by the time he could possibly promote I will have benched him a while ago. After chapter 3, Greil's usefulness declines severely in lanceville, where Greil probably isn't taking 2 hits even if he has time in between to heal himself with a vulnerary.

Final Thoughts: Greil was necessary for chapter 3 but that's about it. At 3 chapters deployed he probably has the worst long term use, especially considering he was useless in two of them.

Ratings:

Chapter 3: 9/10

Chapter 4: 1/10

Chapter 5: .5/10

Chapter 6: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 2.1/10

Joe

Name: Joe

In-game name: Bandit

Class: Bandit

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 1

Join Level: 3

WPN Levels: D Axes

bandit_1_zpsc5ac9af8.png

joemack_zpsf7a77227.jpgGFEE01-29_zps802be1b8.png

Thoughts:

Named because he looks like Joe from that caveman game Joe & Mac joecomparison_zpsb3c23b06.jpg Joe is that bandit who destroys the village in Chapter 1. He aspires to appear in a Geico commercial or become a Batman villain. You would think he would be strong considering that he can destroy that village even if you try to cheat (pretty sure he will come back to life and destroy it if you kill him). Plus he comes at level 3 where most other enemies are level 1-2. Unfortunately, bandit is a terrible class and Joe is pretty much outclassed even by NotBoyd. However, Joe has decent HP and can take a hit, and as one of my three characters for chapter 3, he is still moderately useful. He really shines in chapter 4, where he makes the best use of the statboosters and plays the corner of the turtle shell. In Chapter 5 he is invaluable simply due to his ability to take hits, an ability crucial in defense chapters. In chapter 7 he is a knight-killing machine with the hammer, despite his lower stats. After that, his usefulness goes down considerably, but he still warrants a deployment slot for the first 8 chapters. Pretty impressive considering he appears in the first chapter in the game. He even makes a comeback for chapters 13 and 14, but doesn't do much besides facetank a hit or two.

Final Thoughts: Being deployed so long after being recruited is impressive, but he was really only a contributing member for 7 chapters, which while good is nothing too spectacular.

Statboosters Received:

- 1 Seraph robe

- 1 Speedwing

Ratings:

Chapter 3: 5/10

Chapter 4: 8/10

Chapter 5: 7/10

Chapter 6: 4.75/10

Chapter 7: 7.5/10

Chapter 8: 5/10

Chapter 9: 3/10

Chapter 10: 1/10

Chapter 11: Benched/10

Chapter 12: Benched/10

Chapter 13: 2/10

Chapter 14: 3.5/10

Chapter 15: 0/10

Chapter 16: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 8.75/10

NotBoyd

Name: NotBoyd

In-game name: Soldier

Class: Fighter

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 2

Join Level: 1

WPN Levels: D Axes

notboyd_zpsefc2ba8e.jpg

notboyd_zps56c88dfa.jpg

Thoughts: Well, he definitely isn't Boyd, and quite frankly I have no idea how I ended up with him (I was trying to recruit a myrmidon instead but whatever). In any case, I expected him to be terrible, but it turns out he is initially better than Joe with more skill and defense. He can take a few hits when it is necessary and has hit rates that are less shaky (but still pretty shaky). He can use the steel axe so that's a plus. Long-term, he holds out better than Greil, but that isn't saying much. Surprisingly, his ability to rescue and drop allows him to make a comeback for one chapter in chapter 8. I'd say he made a valiant run, all things considered.

Final Thoughts: He fulfilled his purpose but as soon as there was competition for deployment slots he drew the short end of the stick.

Ratings:

Chapter 3: 5.5/10

Chapter 4: 3/10

Chapter 5: 5.75/10

Chapter 6: 4.5/10

Chapter 7: Benched/10

Chapter 8: 2.5/10

Chapter 9: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 4/10

Jack Sparrow

Name: Jack Sparrow

In-game name: Pirate

Class: Myrmidon

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 3

Join Level: 4

WPN Levels: D Swords

jacksketch_zpsa7e9074d.jpg

Inigo_zps67198c2d.jpg

Thoughts: He's a Pirate and uses Swords. Therefore, Jack Sparrow is a fitting name. He even looks like a myrm when you think about it, he has the hat and the long hair going for him. Jack Sparrow yearns to be the king of the seas and jack off in Davy Jones' gym locker or something, I don't know, I haven't watched the movies. Anyway, hrmmm yes, Fire Emblem, that's what I was talking about (Davy Jones, Giant Squid). In Walhart!FE9, he's pretty fast and is actually a massive defense tank compared to my other more squishy characters. He had the misfortune of joining in a lance heavy chapter, but still managed to contribute. He replaced Greil as my speedy swordsman that hangs around longer than he is wanted. After being a step above useless in chapters 6 and 7 he hit the bench, but came back in chapter 8 and did remarkably well at fighting olympic synchronized swimmers.

Final Thoughts: Again, not that useful. A bit better than NotBoyd but that isn't saying much.

Ratings:

Chapter 4: 6/10

Chapter 5: 6/10

Chapter 6: 3/10

Chapter 7: 4/10

Chapter 8: Benched/10

Chapter 9: 5.5/10

Chapter 10: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 5/10

Rutger

Name: Rutger

Class: Myrmidon

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 4

Join Level: 7

rutgerfinal_zpsffe4c99d.jpg

rutger_zps11ac9d74.png

Thoughts: He's named Rutger because they are both myrmidons that are enemy Soldiers that join in Chapter 4 (I know, kind of unoriginal compared to my other characters but meh). He has some pretty great stats compared to my other shmucks. 8 Str and 9 SPD put him significantly ahead of old Captain Jack even though there is only a 3 level difference. With 9AS he'll double anything but other myrms with iron swords and even with a steel sword, Rutger is pulling 5AS, enough to double slow and weak people that have heavy weapons. He shouldn't have the same WT problem as Jack Sparrow, since IIRC there isn't another absurdly lance infested chapter until chapter 10 (Edit: Boy was I wrong about that). He was fairly useful in chapter 5, as he was one of two characters (the other being Joe) who could take 2 hits from enemies. Unfortunately, killer speed was actually a disadvantage in that chapter so his offense wasn't put to full use. After that, he is tremendously useful for the next couple chapters before his usefulness drops considerably. In chapter 9, he does pretty well in finishing off weakened enemies when necessary, but despite his high speed and strength for his level, there really isn't much of an excuse for letting him do much in chapter 10 or beyond. He was deployed in chapters 13 and 14, but did absolutely nothing, hence the zero rating.

Final Thoughts: Ehh... pretty good short term use but that's about it.

Ratings:

Chapter 5: 7.5/10

Chapter 6: 8/10

Chapter 7: 7/10

Chapter 8: 5/10

Chapter 9: 6/10

Chapter 10: 3/10

Chapter 11: 3/10

Chapter 13: 0/10

Chapter 14: 0/10

Chapter 16: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 6.7/10

OGCAR

Name: OGCAR

Class: Lance Knight

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 5

Join Level: 6

WPN Levels: D Lances

goosogcar_zpscf4660e9.jpg

GFEE01-17_zps1c16c8b3.jpg

Thoughts: Meet OGCAR, he's the OGC (Obligatory Green Cavalier) that I recruited with the AR. No relation to Oscar cuz Oscar's a loser (hence why his name isn't in all caps like OGCAR'S). OGCAR isn't even really green, unfortunately his battle sprite is just the boring black Daein color. OGCAR has decent stats that really aren't that much better than Rutger, but OGCAR has a few advantages. First off, he's green. Secondly, he uses lances, a weapon type that has no competition in my team. He also has great move, sturdy defense, and Canto, which is broken as hell in this game (just look at chapter 5). Not to mention he can use javelins, giving me a decent range option (and Greil pulling a this guy every time he throws a hand axe doesn't count). I haven't got around to using him yet, but he promises to have some serious long term use, at least until his partner ORCAR comes around (Hint, he's the Obligatory Red Cav and he uses swords). Additionally, with OGCAR comes a relatively new mechanic for my party, rescuing! The ability to rescue, combined with OGCAR's move and canto, makes many strategies possible that previously weren't. He's a good defense tank and the best wall possible until Oswin rolls around, but after that OGCAR is severely crippled in the combat department. It's not that he gets destroyed like Joe (he even survived a hit from Danimal), but he does extremely low damage and why use him when you could use Oswin or ORCAR? His rescue is still worth giving him a deployment slot, but even with canto his low hit rates with the javelin and even lower damage rates mean that he really shouldn't be attacking after Chapter 9. All the same, he sticks around for quite a few chapters, facetanking and finishing off very weak enemies.

Final Thoughts: Decent. Good short term combat and pretty good long term utility.

Chapter 6: 8.5/10

Chapter 7: 7/10

Chapter 8: 7.5/10

Chapter 9: 4/10

Chapter 10: 2/10

Chapter 11: 3/10

Chapter 12: benched/10

Chapter 13: 2.5/10

Chapter 14: 3/10

Chapter 15: benched/10

Rating (long-term): 6.5/10

Whryse

Name: Whryse

In-game name: Whryse

Class: Priest (Bishop)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 6

Join Level: 8

WPN Levels: D Staves (After Promotion: B Staves and Light)

Wrhyse_zpsed57819c.jpg

GFEE01-19_zpsf348c4a1.jpgGFEE01-37_zps91cc9e6e.png

Thoughts: It's a fairly well known fact in the fire emblem universe that every male healer is some variant of "Wrys" or "Rhys". Well, meet Whryse (everything but the R, Y and S are silent), and as a priest should, he will be doing the work of God for our party. Literally though, Deus Ex Walhart's cameo appearances are a thing of the past now that Whryse exists. This guy is gonna be a gamechanger and his existence means the amount of illegal vulneraries consumed will probably fall to zero. Expect this guy to get 10/10's across the board since he will be uncontested as a healer in my party for the next like 15 chapters, in which he will be virtually guaranteed a deployment slot (in fact, I'm just gonna give him a 10/10 for longterm use already). Watch this guy, he's capable of great things. Whryse indeed is indispensable as my only healer, but I rate him based on how useful he is when my other units are under attack. For that reason, he get much higher scores in chapters with little room to maneuver (like chapter 7 or 10) or when you have to be aggressive (like chapter 9). In certain situations (chapter 8), he could be replaced very easily by a vulnerary, but in others he does a remarkable job of keeping my entire team healed all by his own wrinkly self. In some chapters where he has a lower rating, this is because having a healer wasn't completely necessary in these chapters, not because Whryse performed the niche inadequately. He was well worth the deployment slot even in these chapters, however, and at the very least he saved me a ton of money. Once he promotes to Bishop his ability to use physic staves is almost a necessity for some strategies, and the extra boost + a mend staff is more than sufficient to cure most wounds. If not, that's what the recover staff is for. One thing is for sure, this is one guy that won't be having any issues with gaining weapon ranks.

Final Thoughts: This guy was as useful as I thought throughout the whole game. He was the only character to reach level 20 (not that it matters in 0 growths). He was sufficient to keep me healed in every chapter he was deployed in (albeit with a little help from Lazindar in later chapters). He was necessary for the first half and could fill useful niches in the second half.

Chapter 7: 10/10

Chapter 8: 4/10

Chapter 9: 9/10

Chapter 10: 10/10

Chapter 11: 6.5/10

Chapter 12: 2.5/10

Chapter 13: 1.5/10

Chapter 14: 3/10

Chapter 15: 3.5/10

Chapter 16: 7/10

Chapter 17-1: 7.5/10

Chapter 17-2: 8/10

Chapter 17-3: 9/10

Chapter 17-4: 6/10

Chapter 18: 6.5/10

Chapter 19: 7/10

Chapter 20: 8/10

Chapter 21: 9/10

Chapter 22: 6.75/10

Chapter 23: 4/10

Chapter 24: 5.25/10

Chapter 25: 6.25/10

Chapter 26: 9/10

Chapter 27: 6/10

Chapter 28: 5/10

Rating (long-term): 10/10

Oswin

Name: Oswin

Class: Knight (General)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 7

Join Level: 12

WPN Levels after promotion: B Lances, E Swords

oswin_zps56ff8b59.jpg

GFEE01-23_zps525bf07d.jpgGFEE01-27_zps52867d3e.png

Thoughts: As if Oswin wasn't badass enough, when he joined the Daein army and then Greil's Bandit Brigade (which I really need an updated name for), he got black armor with a red trim. He can't seem to decide what color his trim is though; it switches between red on the map and purple in battle like all generic Daein knights. With Gatrie dead and gone due to being struck down Walhart's divine judgement, my team was severely lacking in the godly-tank-knight-brickwall department. Luckily, Oswin was summoned through the Outrealm by Walhart to come save us. Second only to Walhart in badassery, Oswin is the best character in the entire FE series (and yes, you can quote me on that). In Walhart!FE9, he is second only to Whryse (and maybe to the Red Dragon that is eventually going to kill Ashnard) in terms of usefulness. He comes ridiculously early for a level 12 Knight at a time when I am severely lacking in people who can take out hits and dish them out. He's slow, extremely so considering how slow knights are in FE9, but his high STR means he won't be losing AS from most lances. He also uses lances, a weapon type that he and OGCAR will have exclusive rights to for the next few chapters. He's also a great candidate for promotion. However you spin it, Oswin is going to be around for a while. Granted, due to the nature of 0% growths he won't be soloing Walhart!FE9 like he does HHM FE7, but he'll be absolutely critical nonetheless. He can probably plug up a whole third of Chapter 8 with little to no assistance. After looking at stats he's virtually untouchable in chapter 8 and can probably trivialize the next 3 or 4 chapters of the game. I'm just gave him a 10/10 for chapter 8 and put him as MVP before I even started the chapter. Honestly, this dude's ridiculous, he's at level 12 at chapter 7, when most other generic enemies won't be hitting level 12 until chapter 10. Hey, it's about time I get someone competent! Oswin's low move and weakness to mages and axes shows in chapter 9, where he is most useful when taking on the reinforcements around the boss, as well as the boss himself. In chapter 10, Oswin does what he was made to do: fill in gaps in the wall and then proceed to bait and solo the rest of the chapter. He's gonna get a master seal after chapter 11, which I will make him more formidable. After his promotion, Oswin is as tanky as ever. He's still slow as fuck, but it really doesn't hurt him too much because of his sheer brick-wall-ness. This guy might actually give Joe competition for most chapters deployed.

Final Thoughts: He was a contributing member for 13 chapters, the first 6 or 7 of which he was absolutely indestructible. By far my best long term combat unit (and probably short term too aside from Flametongue).

Ratings:

Chapter 8: 10/10

Chapter 9: 7/10

Chapter 10: 10/10

Chapter 11: 9.25/10

Chapter 12: 8.75/10

Chapter 13: 8/10

Chapter 14: 9/10

Chapter 15: 7.75/10

Chapter 16: 6.5/10

Chapter 17-1: 7.5/10

Chapter 17-2: 6/10

Chapter 17-3: 6.5/10

Chapter 17-4: 5/10

Chapter 18: Benched/10

Chapter 19: Benched/10

Chapter 20: 1/10

Chapter 21: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 9.85/10

ORCAR

Name: ORCAR

Class: Sword Cavalier (Axe-Sword Paladin)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 8

WPN Levels after promotion: C Swords, E Axes

goodorcar_zps2c25ec0b.png

goodorcar_zps451b7c47.jpgGFEE01-28_zps57bd9b01.png

Thoughts: ORCAR is the Obligatory Red Cavalier, he likes to use swords. ORCAR'S the Cain to OGCAR'S Abel, the Kent to his Sain, the Forde to his Kyle, the Alan to his Lance... ehh I got nothing else. Yeah no, all that stuff isn't really true. Generic growths and all. ORCAR's really just an upgraded version of OGCAR, in the same sense that Rutger is an upgraded Jack Sparrow. The only difference between ORCAR and OGCAR aside from levels is that ORCAR uses swords. He's not even red, but black just like OGCAR. Anyway, none of this is bad by a long shot. ORCAR'S like a tankier Rutger on a horse; he'll be my next generation sworduser for certain. Aside from his great and versatile combat (swords fix his skill issues), ORCAR has utility in Canto and Rescue, which ensures that he'll be hanging around for a while. Just think how awesome it would be to see ORCAR riding through the fog, carrying Oswin on his horse's back. Early midgame enemies won't stand a chance! ORCAR has pretty good combat and utility, but is only really outstanding in chapter 9, where he pretty much mows down the entire beach by himself in order to save the village. If that isn't heroic knight material then I don't know what is. In chapter 10 he is the second most valid tanking option, and has good offense with the forged Missiletainn. After chapter 10 he promotes and gets access to axes, which ensures that he has both the stats to keep up and the utility to remain around for a while. His combat will last quite a few more chapters, and I wouldn't be surprised if his rescue-canto utility nets him a spot on my mid to lategame roster. He's kind of a headcase though, and likes to randomly pull a Kellam and go AWOL in key situations, so he isn't the most dependable dude around.

Final Thoughts: Limited short term usefulness but good long term utility after promotion.

Ratings:

Chapter 9: 9/10

Chapter 10: 8.25/10

Chapter 11: AWOL/10

Chapter 12: 7/10

Chapter 13: 8.5/10

Chapter 14: 6.5/10

Chapter 16: 6.5/10

Chapter 17-1: 5.5/10

Chapter 17-2: 5/10

Chapter 17-3: 3.5/10

Chapter 17-4: 3/10

Rating (long-term): 7.25/10

Leo

Name: Leo

Class: Archer

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 9

Join Level: 11

WPN Levels: D Bows

leofinalfinal_zps6663497c.jpg

archer_zps23c3737b.jpgGFEE01-55_zpsdb8fe367.png

Thoughts: Well, I haven't actually played Gaiden, but after searching the Fire Emblem Wiki, Leo was the only red haired male archer that came up. So, I decided to Daein-ify him. Since I haven't played the older games, I won't be making many references to them, but here's one to make all you Gaiden fans happy. As for this run, I could have recruited a duplicate of Oswin instead in Chapter 9 to make my steamrolling of the early-midgame complete, but I decided to snag an archer instead. But where's the fun in that? Besides, an archer would round out my team nicely, since I have pretty much no decent range options at this point. Besides, I'm gonna need someone to shoot down all of those Ravens in Chapter 12. So, don't expect Leo to shine in any chapter that isn't chapter 12, but hopefully he can contribute chip damage for a little while. Leo, with his forged Reinfleche, is strong and fast enough to do decent chip even against knights. He can shoot over my defensive formations and even take a hit or two when necessary. However, he isn't outstanding yet. Just wait for chapter 12. After that, he is still contributing, but not enough to warrant a spot in the cutthroat game that is post chapter 17-4's deployment. He makes a surprising comeback well past his expiration date to feather a bunch of feathers in the chapter 19 Snipers' Firing Squad, and his effective damage chip is vital to finishing off wounded ravens and wyverns. He even gets a promotion out of it, but it isn't likely that he'll ever get the chance to use it.

Final Thoughts: He only shines in chapter 12 as expected but he was still my most surprisingly good unit (aside from maybe Melty). His chip was useful and he got a lot of deployment due to lack of competition until the other bow users showed up.

Ratings:

Chapter 10: 5.5/10

Chapter 11: 6.25/10

Chapter 12: 7.75/10

Chapter 13: 6.75/10

Chapter 14: 4/10

Chapter 15: 7.5/10

Chapter 16: 6/10

Chapter 17-1: Benched/10

Chapter 17-2: 3.5/10

Chapter 17-3: 5/10

Chapter 17-4: 4.75/10

Chapter 19: 7.5/10

Chapter 20: Benched/10

Chapter 23: .5/10

Chapter 24: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 7.5/10

Jarod

Name: Jarod

Class: Halberdier

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 10

Join Level: 1

WPN Levels: C Lances

jarod_zpse258c2d2.jpg

GFEE01-23_zps2b736026.png

Thoughts: This guy is the red-blooded, black-hearted, Daein-serving, Dawn-Brigade-hating, Black-Knight-Irritating, Micaiah-killing Douche himself. Think about it, 1-E of FE10 is strangely similar to FE9's chapter 10. Both occur in castles with lots of rooms with chests and objective points guarded by Daein halberdiers with short spears. Finally, we figured out where Jarod was in FE9! Anyway, as the first promoted unit in my team, Jarod's a beast. He's got blazing speed as well as knightlike durability and the skill of a sharpshooter. Ok, maybe he's not that great, but he sure is versatile. Considering he won't be at anything more than a 3-4 level disadvantage for the next 10 chapters, you can expect to be seeing a lot of his ugly face. Well, don't look at me like that, these are the bad guys, remember? He hangs around and is solid for a while, but once he starts getting doubled and having accuracy issues I knew it was time to bench him.

Final Thoughts: Probably my second best longterm combat unit after Oswin. He was very good short term too, and his usefulness dropped severely once he stopped doubling and started being doubled.

Ratings:

Chapter 11: 8.5/10

Chapter 12: 7/10

Chapter 13: 8.5/10

Chapter 14: 8.25/10

Chapter 15: 8/10

Chapter 16: 8.25/10

Chapter 17-1: 7.75/10

Chapter 17-2: 6.75/10

Chapter 17-3: 6/10

Chapter 17-4: 6.25/10

Chapter 19: 3.75/10

Rating (long-term): 9.5/10

Garrett

Name: Garrett

In-game name: Thief

Class: Thief

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 11

WPN Levels: Knives

garrettsketch_zpse7b81fd2.jpg

GFEE01-23_zps0c8135ef.png

Thoughts: My most obscure reference yet. So obscure I'm just gonna direct you to a wikipedia page. Those of you who were PC gamers at the turn of the century remember this guy, the rest of you are just gonna have to roll with it. Garrett was the original thief, the inspiration of today's sneaking spying subterfuge simulations (gotta love alliteration). In Walhart!FE9 he's nothing special with terrible combat stats, but he's the only guy I'm gonna get who can open chests. Because of that, he'll get deployment slots that other people would have to kill for (because Garrett sure won't be killing anything). Kinda like Whrsye, he's a necessity for his utility (now I'm rhyming, I should be a poet), but he won't be getting nearly as much use as the real deal... heal? (Ok, I'll stop now). It turns out that since Nevermore has thief utility, this guy is pretty much useless. Sad, but true.

Final Thoughts: The fact that I picked this guy makes me cringe. If Ravens couldn't steal and open chests he might be getting ratings almost as high as Whryse's, but as it stands he was totally useless and a liability.

Ratings:

Chapter 13: 4/10

Chapter 14: .5/10

Chapter 15: 2/10

Chapter 16: 3/10

Chapter 17-1: Benched/10

Chapter 21: 3/10

Rating (long-term): 2/10

Nevermore

Name: Nevermore

Class: Bird Tribe (Raven)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 12

WPN Levels: Strike

crow_zps292829ac.jpg

GFEE01-24_zps3d10092a.pngGFEE01-26_zps039f3320.png

Thoughts: Born in the mind of a deranged lunatic (what, not me, I was talking about Edgar Allan Poe), it is only fitting that he should join the ranks of the Walhart's craziest and most berserk soldiers. Ok, maybe they are pretty tame so far, but soon enough Nevermore will have competition from the feralest of feral laguz. Then, I have a feeling he will be deployed... Nevermore (hahahah, oh i crack myself up). Anyway, he really isn't too spectacular, like a faster flying version of Jarod that can only attack half the time and is locked to an average weapon, but I suppose he will have some use at some point I hope. At the very least, he can probably hold out better than everyone who isn't promoted, at least I hope so. Anyway, he's kinda meh but hopefully he'll hold up as long as I can keep him away from archers. He has great utility though and is clutch at saving statboosters with his ability to steal and open chests coupled with flight, which earns him his high rating. His combat actually isn't too terrible in addition to his tremendous utility, since his high speed prevents him from falling too far behind as long as he is used conservatively.

Final Thoughts: His ability to steal and open chests nets him the highest utility tier spot after Whryse. His combat was never great, but that's not what I picked him for (This is a lie, I actually had no idea he had steal when I picked him).

Ratings:

Chapter 13: 8/10

Chapter 14: 8.5/10

Chapter 15: 7.5/10

Chapter 16: 7/10

Chapter 17-1: 7.25/10

Chapter 17-2: 6/10

Chapter 17-3: 5/10

Chapter 17-4: 1/10

Chapter 18: 7/10

Chapter 19: 2/10

Chapter 21: 7/10

Chapter 22: 6.5/10

Chapter 23: Benched/10

Chapter 27: 3.5/10

Rating (long-term): 9.25/10

Hoplight

Name: Hoplight

Class: Halberdier

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 13

WPN Levels: C Lances

betterhalberdier_edited-1_zpsca2806f5.jp

GFEE01-25_zpsdb58141b.png

Thoughts: This guy's name is a terrible play on words. I couldn't think of a good name so I was forced to make a reference to the Ancient Greek Hoplites, arguably the closest thing to Halberdiers in real life. Since this guy's armor is white to the point where it appears almost as if it's going, Hoplite because Hoplight. I know, pretty terrible, but it's the best I could come up with. He can make some pretty mean greek yogurt. Otherwise, he's practically a clone of Jarod. That means he's pretty good, i guess, but don't expect anything out of him that you wouldn't see out of Jarod. In fact, Jarod's even 1 point of speed faster. This guy's a bit tankier, with one extra point of strength and defense (not to mention skill, but who cares about skill?). Again, he's fairly solid like Jarod, but gets doubled earlier (not to mention he joins later), netting him a worse rating.

Final Thoughts: A Jarod clone. Slightly better short term but much worse long term due to joining later and getting doubled sooner.

Ratings:

Chapter 14: 8/10

Chapter 15: 8.5/10

Chapter 16: 8/10

Chapter 17-1: 9/10

Chapter 17-2: 8.75/10

Chapter 17-3: 5.25/10

Chapter 17-4: 7.75/10

Chapter 18: 5.5/10

Chapter 19: 4/10

Rating (long-term): 7.4/10

Mordekill

Name: Mordekill

In-game name: Feral One

Class: Tiger

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 14

tiger_mad_zpsafdae736.png

GFEE01-31_zps81516601.png

Thoughts: This guy's name is a parody of Mordecai. This guy is basically Mordecai on steroids, he's gone totally berserk and his only goal in life is to tear out the throats of anyone who gets on his bad side. That's just the way I like it. It also means that he's feral, that is that he is permanently in laguz form, which is pretty darn cool and means he'll be killing a lot more (hence Mordekill as in More-to-kill). You gotta love those stats. He's got way more strength than Oswin, coupled with Jarod's speed, skill and durability and ORCAR's move. What's not to love about that! Sure, he could use a tad more resistance, but as long as I keep him away from fire mages that shouldn't be a problem. Even late on in his career, his high move makes him a prime candidate to ORKO weak bishops and healers, and he can take hits reasonably well. He gets the bench around chapter 22 when he is replaced by a superior Tiger, but he's done remarkably well really.

Final Thoughts: Yet another great long term combat unit. Slightly better than Jarod in shortterm.

Ratings:

Chapter 15: 9/10

Chapter 16: 9/10

Chapter 17-1: 7.75/10

Chapter 17-2: 7.5/10

Chapter 17-3: 8.25/10

Chapter 17-4: 7/10

Chapter 18: 9/10

Chapter 19: 5.5/10
Chapter 20: 4.5/10

Chapter 21: 5/10

Chapter 22: Benched/10

Rating (long-term): 8.3/10

Ranoff

Name: Ranoff

In-game name: Rebel

Class: Cat

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 15

Join Level: 5

cat_zps3bba49f2.png

GFEE01-31_zps6503348d.pngGFEE01-32_zpse7226247.png

Thoughts: Well, Ranulf ran off, so now we're stuck with Ranoff. Despite joining at a higher level, Ranoff is way worse than Mordekill. Not only is he a cat (which is an inferior class to tiger), but he isn't feral, so would spend half the time being totally useless. As a non-feral, he's gonna need the demi-band to stay relevant, which reduces him to the stats of a glorified laguz halberdier. His stats are balanced and even with the band he has decent speed, but he isn't going to be MVP of anything anytime soon. He does have one redeeming factor: high move, which makes him a slightly better statwise version of ORCAR with much less versatile weaponry,

Ranoff isn't going to be anything special, but hopefully he can be another unit that can hold his own while the Sniper duo I will soon have snipes everyone off. Ranoff was ewww... by far my worst combat unit. He was deployed in 5 chapters and was totally useless in one of them, earning him a pathetic long-term rating.

Final Thoughts: Ewww... worst combat unit. Yes, you heard me right, he's even worse than Greil.

Ratings:

Chapter 16: 6.75/10

Chapter 17-1: 5.75/10

Chapter 17-2: 0/10

Chapter 17-3: 4.5/10

Chapter 17-4: 3.75/10

Long-term: 2.8/10

Hubert

Name: Hubert

Class: Sniper

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 16

WPN Levels: C Bows

scott_zpsc68adc75.jpg

GFEE01-38_zpsbfaef734.png

Thoughts: My second literature reference, Hubert is named after the archer who nearly bested Robin Hood in an archery tournament in the novel Ivanhoe. In my headcanon, he's the opposite of Robin Hood, a brigand that steals from the poor and gives to the rich fat cats of the Begnion Senate. In Walhart!FE9 he appears in the form of a bad splice of Shinon with a generic soldier's face and Jorge's hair. He's pretty decent offensively, and adds some much needed ranged power to my party. He's fast and strong, but not ridiculously so. At the very least he should be able to do some decent damage. He has stupidly high skill, though, and promises to have high crit rates with that killer bow. He should be able to put my stock of bows to better use than Leo, anyway. Hubert was indeed a worthy sniper and his usefulness was improved in flier-heavy chapters, plus his laguz bow never hurts. Ranged chip is always something that'll be useful, but all ranged attackers need a good wall to protect them, and he might hit the bench soon when that blockade proves insufficient.

Final Thoughts: Average across the board. Decent deployment counts because he is a Sniper that joins during bow heavy chapters.

Ratings:

Chapter 17-1: 6/10

Chapter 17-2: 7.75/10

Chapter 17-3: 8/10

Chapter 17-4: 7.5/10

Chapter 18: 7.75/10

Chapter 19: 8.25/10

Chapter 20: 4/10

Chapter 21: 5.75/10

Chapter 22: Benched/10

Long-term: 7.5/10

Robin

Name: Robin "Hood" (of Locksley)

Class: Sniper

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 17-1

WPN Levels: C Bows

robin_zps4de6c0b3.jpg

GFEE01-34_zps0f810a1e.png

Thoughts: If you didn't think it was possible for there to be a worse splice/sprite/custom than Hubert, Robin of Locksley is here to prove you wrong. Seriously, as someone who doesn't sprite and just tinkers in photoshop occasionally, I hold myself to pretty low standards, and I'm even considering redoing this one since it's so bad. Anyway, Robin forced himself into the ranks of Duke Tanas, and has over the years been siphoning money out of the rich bastard's bank account in the Cayman Islands to fund the little people of Daein and Begnion (He's technically a Daein sniper model rather than a Begnion one due to being unable to recruit on rout chapters). As pseudo-history's first embezzler, in the FE universe he was a poor Daein archer whose aim with a bow and arrow brought him fame and made himself a small fortune in the employ of Duke Tanas' private army. He has since been secretly funding the dawn brigade and training Edward in the arts of badassery. In any case, as in Ivanhoe, he's a better shot than Hubert. He's got more accuracy, making him a better marksman. More importantly, though, the Prince of Thieves has some serious offensive potential between that high STR and SPD. With a forged steel bow, expect this bro to kick ass. He does indeed kick ass with Parthia and earns 9.5s out of 10 two chapters in a row; that's about as high of a rating as you'll see on anyone not named Whryse or Oswin. His offense had come in handy on multiple occasions, and he promises to do reliable chip as long as his bow holds out, because he isn't likely to get a replacement.

Final Thoughts: Only slightly better than Hubert, but he gets the forged Parthia (forged +mt steel bow), which gives him better short term use. Joins at the perfect time for a Sniper.

Ratings:

Chapter 17-2: 7.5/10

Chapter 17-3: 9/10

Chapter 17-4: 8.25/10

Chapter 18: 9.5/10

Chapter 19: 9.5/10
Chapter 20: 5.5/10

Chapter 21: 6.25/10

Chapter 22: 7.5/10

Chapter 23: Benched/10

Long-term: 8.25/10

Lancelot

Name: Lancelot

Class: Paladin

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 17-3

WPN Levels: A Lances, E Axes

lancelotwhite_zps432249a9.jpg

GFEE01-36_zpsfec2d420.png

Thoughts: Another reference to quasi-medieval popular culture, I know I know. But as perhaps the earliest generic with an A rank, he deserves the nickname. Plus, as a mounted knight specializing in Lances with Axe access I think it fits the leader of the knights of the round table. Somehow, this guy is the fastest member of my party when he joins. Yeah, I got a raven-thief, multiple myrmidons, two snipers (one of which with a higher join level than this guy), a bucketload of halberdiers, a cat rebel, and the award for best speed goes to a fully armored dude riding a horse? Well, I'm not gonna complain. This guy is a freak. In order to give him silver lance use, the game gives him an A rank in lances. Between his Speed, Defense, Strength, move, and weapon rank, he's gonna be unstoppable. Even his skill isn't terrible for a Paladin. I mean, sure his stats aren't THAT much better than Jarod's, Hoplight's, or Mordekill's, but they're a whole hell of a lot better than ORCAR's. This means that I'm not all that far away from benching ORCAR, who'll be my first promoted unit to become obsolete enough to hit the bench. I'm quivering with anticipation. With all the healing, bow, and magic support I've picked up lately, expect this guy to charge straight through the midgame on his white horse. He is pretty solid for a number of chapters, and his tanking capacity is the crux of my strategies in chapters 20 and 21, earning him some serious points in the rating department. His offense may fall relatively quickly due to increased enemy stat scaling in lategame (plus his str was pretty bad to begin with), but he somehow manages to earn a (fairly useless) S rank in lances before then. In chapter 23 he is a great rearguard and he has some rescue use in chapter 24.

Final Thoughts: His ratings decrease almost linearly. Great short term combat and long term usefulness due to S lances and movement/canto.

Ratings:

Chapter 17-3: 8/10

Chapter 17-4: 9.25/10

Chapter 18: 9.25/10

Chapter 19: 9/10

Chapter 20: 8.75/10

Chapter 21: 8.5/10

Chapter 22: 6.5/10

Chapter 23: 7/10

Chapter 24: 6.5/10

Chapter 25: 2/10

Chapter 26: 2.5/10

Chapter 27: Benched/10

Long-term: 8.5/10

Lazindar

Name: Lazindar

Class: Sage

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 17-2

WPN Levels: D Wind, D Thunder, D Fire, E Staves

balmerwhitefinal_zpsb33571f1.jpg

GFEE01-38_zps7bd2e470.png

Thoughts: What's this? A half decent splice? Well, Lazindar is my new favorite character. He's an original character I made and a splice/recolor that I find quite fitting. Lazindar is the world's most powerful Ice Sage. In fact, he was the last known user of the ice tome Fimbulvetr. Unfortunately, when his Glacial Palace was invaded by feral Dragons, forcing him to flee, his beloved Fimbulvetr was destroyed. Lazindar then embarked on a quest to gather up 8 blizzard tomes, which could be forged in the breath of a black dragon to create a new Fimbulvetr, according to ancient lore alternatively he could just buy one at Grado Keep. Bringing his impressive MAG/SPD combination as well as various weapon ranks, although without his preferred tome, Lazindar has joined Walhart's army in search of Fimbulvetr. Lazindar fills a much needed niche of offensive mage (with various types of effective tomes to boot), and also gives Whryse competition for my party's healer. Yeah, I'm about done giving him the benefit of the doubt. As much as I wanted him to be cool, he just isn't very good. His offense is disappointing since he isn't doubling much and doesn't have many good tomes for a while. He is a decent second healer, but really, he's been my most disappointing unit so far simply because I really wanted him to be good.

Final Thoughts: Terrible at first, but enough staff use and a few spirit dusts make him a good healer. Another 0% growths "growth unit" in a sense.

Ratings:

Chapter 17-4: 3/10

Chapter 18: 6/10

Chapter 19: 6.75/10

Chapter 20: 5.25/10

Chapter 21: 4/10

Chapter 22: 4.5/10

Chapter 23: 5.5/10

Chapter 24: 6.75/10

Chapter 25: 7/10

Chapter 26: 4.25/10

Chapter 28: 7/10

Long-term: 6.25/10

Melty

Name: Melty

Class: Pegasus Knight

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 17-4

Join Level: 17

pk_zpsb0c67c16.jpg

GFEE01-44_zps52f1975d.pngGFEE01-56_zps1ca5cbcd.png

Thoughts: Her name sounds like something you'd order at McDonald's, but don't blame me, I didn't come up with it. Melty is the generic unused PK that appears in this game's data as a member of Tanith's PK squad. This isn't actually the unused character, who I could have recruited if I wanted save for the fact that she makes the game even more glitchy than it is already, I just stole her name and a generic PK sprite. This PK has decent durability for a PK and of course the characteristic PK speed. However, she is still very fragile and at a level disadvantage. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get her 4 levels so she can promote. She also has an awful D rank in Lances, which of course will change once she promotes, but still, ewww... Interestingly, when she promotes to Falcoknight, she gets her own generic allied falco map sprite, but her battle model is Tanith. Weird, but I guess it makes sense when you think about it. Anyway, Melty should hopefully prove to me how useful PK's are in 0% growths runs, so we'll see how she does. Lot of pressure on you, Melty. Oh yeah, and she has teal colored hair. In case you haven't noticed, I kinda have a teal-haired fetish because Sigrun is mah waifu. Yeah, you guys were right about her; having a falco like that is extremely useful. She eats a ton of boosters and skills but is instrumental to my 4 turn clear of chapter 20, a chapter that I doubt I would have been able to pull off using conventional methods. Additionally, her sword use comes in handy when facing off against weak hit axe users in chapter 21.

Final Thoughts: After she gets babied with levels, skills and statboosters, she is extremely useful short term for Low turn chapters. The shade scroll means that her weak defenses aren't exploited so she can continue to shave off turns up to chapter 28.

Statboosters Received:

- 1 Seraph robe

- 1 Boots

- 2 Dracoshields

Skills Received:

- Shade

Ratings:

Chapter 18: 4/10

Chapter 19: 7/10

Chapter 20: 8.5/10

Chapter 21: 7.25/10

Chapter 22: 6/10

Chapter 23: 7.75/10

Chapter 24: 9.5/10

Chapter 25: 4.75/10

Chapter 26: 8/10

Chapter 27: 4/10

Chapter 28: 8.5/10

Long-term: 7.75/10

Barst

Name: Barst

In-game name: Mercenary

Class: Fighter (Warrior)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 18

Join Level: 20

WPN Levels: D Axes (After Promotion C Axes E Bows)

Barst.png

GFEE01-50_zpsb4d8730a.pngGFEE01-57_zps53f4f3d0.png

Thoughts: Well, his in-game name is mercenary, and his map sprite has blue hair, so he's Barst. Now that I think about it, look above at the generic allied fighter map sprite. Doesn't it just scream Barst? It's like it was designed with him in mind. I mean, just look at it, headband and everything. Anyway, while his stats aren't amazing, 18 str and 46 HP is nothing to scoff at. 13 SPD is a bit lacking, but it isn't terrible and besides, I finally get a good axe user. He's basically a stronger Mordekill, sporting 1 more STR and SPD but like 13 more HP. After promoting he can use C axes, which lets him use killer axes, and E bows, which, while not as deadly as Robin's Parthia and high skill combo, should still be useful on occasion. Barst might join Lancelot in leading my melee forces. Like in Shadow Dragon, Barst is an absolute nut. He is given wrath and vantage, since with the killer axe he is the only person who has a decent shot at killing Shiharam in chapter 20. This proves a worthwhile investment, since he can now be sent into hordes of lance users and he should survive as long as he as enough killer axes to see him through. In Chapter 23 he gets serious points for being one of the few people who can severely damage Petrine.

Final Thoughts: Extremely useful in LTC-ish playing of chapters 20 and 23. A necessity in the case of the former. After that, not too useful.

Skills Received:

- Vantage

- Wrath

Ratings:

Chapter 19: 5/10

Chapter 20: 9.75/10

Chapter 21: 9/10

Chapter 22: 8.25/10

Chapter 23: 7.5/10

Chapter 24: 6/10

Chapter 25: 6/10

Chapter 26: 3.5/10

Long-term: 7.5/10

Cormag

Name: Cormag

Class: Wyvern Rider (Wyvern Lord)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 19

Join Level: 18

WPN Levels: D Lances (After Promotion C Lances E Axes)

L_Cormagcopy_zpsd38af9e9.jpg

GFEE01-52_zps85caa4d7.pngGFEE01-57_zps29104c1c.png

Thoughts: Well, most FE games feature an enemy wyvern rider that is recruited to the blue side. In Walhart!FE9, Cormag is that wyvern rider since he is one of my favorite characters in the series. Cormag promises to add some good offense and durability (with 18 DEF he's like a flying Oswin) although he does have mediocre speed. He should be pretty useful once he promotes, getting access to axes. Unfortunately, he is a lanceuser, and although my team has been mostly lances for the majority of the game, that should change since most of them are getting benched and I only plan on getting 1 or 2 more the whole game. He is extremely useful in chapter 21 for stopping the thief as well as for slaughtering myrmidons and swordmasters; his defense/hp combo is extremely useful although his speed is pretty lacking. He's no Haar, but might be able to act as an upgraded version of Oswin now that generals are out of style.

Final Thoughts: Helps shave turns off in 24, 26, and 28. Due to his movement utility and high defense his ratings remain almost constant throughout the lategame.

Items:

-Arms Scroll x2

Skills:

-Savior

Ratings:

Chapter 20: 2/10
Chapter 21: 8.5/10

Chapter 22: 7.25/10

Chapter 23: 7.25/10

Chapter 24: 9.25/10

Chapter 25: 8.5/10

Chapter 26: 9/10

Chapter 27: 7.25/10

Chapter 28: 6.75/10

Long-term: 8.75/10

Samto

Name: Samto

Class: Myrmidon (Swordmaster)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 20

Join Level: 20

WPN Levels: C Swords (After Promotion B Swords)

samtofinal_zps42346be5.jpg

GFEE01-56_zps2d93e745.pngGFEE01-60_zps7d281cd1.png

Thoughts: So, it's been a while since I had a devoted sword user. In fact, I only have a few units that have any kind of speed at all. With the whole lot of nothing going on in chapter 20 as far as recruitment choices, I thought it'd be nice to pick up another sword user. He is named Samto, since Samto is technically a "mercenary" as with this guy's in-game name, but seems to be going through an identity crisis (is he a mercenary or a myrmidon? FE2/12 Samto couldn't decide, and neither can this version. Furthermore, despite being 5 levels behind him once he promotes, Samto is almost an exact clone of the man of whom he is an imposter: Navarre. Comparing the two, Samto comes 1 chapter earlier, but also needs a level before he can promote. Interestingly, Samto actually has the better weapon rank. He will most likely be the first one (if anyone can) that ends up wielding that vague katti that has been rotting away in storage. He's fast and can kill axe users pretty well. Access to a considerable number of armorslayers, longswords, and laguzslayers makes him even better. Simply due to lack of availability, he might be seeing combat in endgame although it is somewhat doubtful, however his ability to contribute in lategame and endgame will depend on his weapon availability.

FInal Thoughts: Pretty good short term. Having good speed and sword rank means that he remains moderately useful for the rest of the game.

Ratings:

Chapter 21: 8/10

Chapter 22: 8.5/10

Chapter 23: 8.75/10

Chapter 24: 8.25/10

Chapter 25: 7.5/10

Chapter 26: 8.25/10

Chapter 27: 6/10

Navarre

Name: Navarre

Class: Swordmaster

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 21

WPN Levels: C Swords

nabarlfinal_zpsb5a7e0b6.jpg

GFEE01-55_zps53aaf174.png

Thoughts: Well, he's got 1 more speed and 1 less skill than his impersonator Samto, but Navarre's the real deal. He does start with only a C rank, but comes with a killing edge, characteristic of any Nabarl archetype worth his weight in long hair. In the same way that Barst looks exactly like the generic allied fighter map sprite, the generic daein swordmaster battle sprite looks as if it were designed to fit Navarre. And Samto, being of course his imposter, looks exactly the same. Together, these two will join Barst and Lancelot in leading my team, at least until the Feral Laguz show up. In the chapters that feature Ferals, these swordsmen will be invaluable for their laguzslayer use, as well as their speed. While neither one of them is even close to Stefan (taking the best stats of both of them and they are still at a 5 HP, 5 STR, and 5 SPD disadvantage over the green haired trueblade), expect them to crit often especially with the killing edge.

Final Thoughts: See Samto

Skills:

-Astra

Ratings:

Chapter 22: 8.5/10

Chapter 23: 8.5/10

Chapter 24: 8.75/10

Chapter 25: 7.5/10

Chapter 26: 8.75/10

Chapter 27: 6.75/10

Chapter 28: 6.5/10

Muahaharim

Name: Muahaharim

Class: Tiger (Feral)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 22

crazytiger_zps52dd36c5.jpg

GFEE01-52_zpsfd01ea6e.png

Thoughts: Since Mordekill's name was a play on Mordecai's, I figured it'd be only fair to go after Muarim next. Seriously though, Muarim's name has always made me think of some sort of diabolical laugh. Muahaharim is basically an upgraded version of Mordekill. He is the first unit that I get that should be able to match most endgame enemies in stats. Compared to the sword masters, this new Feral Tiger has 8 more defense, 11 more HP, 7 more Strength, and only 2-3 less speed, not to mention the extra 2 move. So yeah, this guy is gonna destroy the enemies up until endgame. Muahahaha.

Final Thoughts: Spectacular short term, but falls short of being able to do much of anything but facetank in the last few chapters.

Ratings:

Chapter 23: 9.25/10

Chapter 24: 7.75/10

Chapter 25: 9/10

Chapter 26: 6.75/10

Chapter 27: 7.25/10

Chapter 28: 5/10

Ulfran

Name: Ulfran

Class: Cat (Feral)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 23

Join Level: 11

berserkcat1_zps30c41cc2.jpg

GFEE01-57_zps5703aca2.png

Thoughts: Well there are no more cat laguz whose names I can make fun of (except Kezhda but I'm saving him for something... special), so why not mock Ranulf a second time? Ulfran is fortunately way better than the last Ranulf spinoff I recruited. Ulfran is even better than Muahaharim. 2 SPD is worth 1 STR any day. It's actually 2 atk even though it's only 1 str since the cat claw is weaker, but Ulfran will still be the better laguz once Muahaharim no longer doubles things.

Final Thoughts: See Muahaharim but with worse short term (up until the point where Muahaharim's speed couldn't double but Ulfran's could) and better long term.

Ratings:

Chapter 24: 8/10

Chapter 25: 8.25/10

Chapter 26: 7.25/10

Chapter 27: 7.5/10

Chapter 28: 6.5/10

Long-term: 7.25/10

Muston

Name: Muston

In-game name: Bandit

Class: Berserker

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 24

Join Level: 7

WPN Levels: C Axes

mustongo_zpsc232daf2.jpg

GFEE01-60_zpsf4e01d64.png

Thoughts: Muston is my favorite splice yet. His sprite's colors even match the berserker ones perfectly, so it made sense to recolor him onto Largo's armor. I always knew Muston had a hidden past, and looking at his jack biceps he would make a perfect Berserker. So, in my headcanon, Muston is now a retired Berserker. Anyway, Muston is not as good as either of the new cats but he is at least a step up from Barst. Sacrificing E bows (which Barst never uses anyway) for 1 str, 3 spd, and 1 def is a trade I'll take. Of course, Muston doesn't get the wrath and vantage scrolls like Barst. In fact, it's a shame I had to use wrath on Barst, because with Muston's killer axe and Berserker crit bonus, he'd be critting through the roof with Wrath. Anyway, Berserker's a cool class and Muston's a cool dude, so it works out.

Thoughts: Too little too late.

Ratings:

Chapter 25: 6.25/10

Chapter 26: 4/10

Long-term: 4.5/10

Hols:

Name: Hols

Class: Hawk (Feral)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 25

Join Level: 12

krazyhawk_zps454b226d.jpg

GFEE01-64_zps6419060c.png

Thoughts: In Fire Emblem mythology, Hols was the first Hawk King and the original founder of Phoenicis. In Walhart!FE9 headcanon, he was defeated in the battle against Ashera and forced into her eternal service. Driven mad by the spell, Hols turned feral and turned on his own kind, and was banished from Phoenicis. Ok, anyway, so I turned down an obviously better recruit (level 14 Tiger) to get this guy, for the sake of variety. He is the only hawk I recruit in the whole story and statwise he is a slightly weaker version of Ulfran that can fly. His flying ability will definitely come in handy now that Melty and Cormag are losing their effectiveness. His stats aren't great, but in any case he rounds out my Laguz trio nicely and his move is nice (although he actually has less move than the two cats).

Thoughts: Pretty bad. Can fly, but is mainly used to draw hits away from others.

Skills:

-Cancel

Ratings:

Chapter 26: 6.75/10

Chapter 27: 5.25/10

Chapter 28: 6/10

Long-term: 6/10

Glen:

Name: Glen

Class: Wyvern Lord

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 26

Join Level: 9

WPN Levels: A Lances E Axes

gglen_zpse93b516f.jpg

GFEE01-65_zps93f937df.png

Thoughts: Glen is an upgraded version of his brother Cormag. Glen has a bit better stats across the board and an especially tanky Defense. He also starts with A lances, enabling him to wield a forged silver lance in his join chapter. Being a wyvern lord, his speed is terrible, but he is still a huge help and one of the few people who can survive 3-4 enemy attacks in chapter 27. His flight is hugely helpful, and with the help of gamble and the two arms scrolls he is pretty good with laguz and especially killer axes. I gave him corrosion, forgetting that it was shit in this game (FE10 is where it is actually good). He doesn't have savior like his brother, but you can bet Glen's flying is going to come in handy in the last few chapters.

FInal Thoughts: He was the core of my party for the two chapters he existed. Not bad.

Skills:

-Corrosion

-Gamble

Ratings:

Chapter 27: 9/10

Chapter 28: 8/10

Kyzar:

Name: Kyzar

Class: Tiger (Feral)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 27

Join Level: 15

crazykyza_zps9768e070.jpg

GFEE01-64_zpsd93e599c.png

Thoughts: Kyza's name is one letter away for being an anagram for Krazy. Therefore, I thought it fitting that his feral counterpart was named Kyzar. In my headcanon, Kyzar was one of Izuka's Ferals before the galdr restored him into Kyza. Gameplay-wise, this guy is absolutely insane. He has the same speed as my fastest swordmaster and +12 strength, +11 Defense, and +16 HP compared to the Navarre. On the surface he is just an upgraded Muahaharim, but in reality he is the King of Laguz Tigers. He received the Guard, Counter, and Parity skill scrolls, some of the best in the game aside from the ones given to the mystery recruit in the last chapter. He should be able to overpower all of the other feral laguz in chapter 28, save the dragons of course. His stats make him the FE9 equivalent of one of FE10's earlier laguz royals such as Nailah or Skrimir.

Final Thoughts: Appears in one chapter but it is over before he can do much (because he isn't running straight into 3 feral dragons).

Skills:

-Parity

-Guard

-Counter

Ratings:

Long-term: 6.75/10

Flametongue

Name: Flametongue

Class: Red Dragon (Feral)

Appears as enemy in: Chapter 28

Join Level: 16

firedragon_zps08411ddd.jpg

GFEE01-66_zps303fb462.pngGFEE01-65_zpsc78e1196.png

Thoughts: Pulled through the Dragon's Gate (the original Outrealm) by Nergal (the original Izuka), this Feral Fire Dragon ended up in Tellius and started wreaking havoc all over the continent. Just look at this guy's stats. Are you fucking kidding me? That's some Caineghis level shit right there. I have been looking forward to playing as this guy ever since I first came up with the idea for this run. He is a one man wrecking crew, something that is extremely rare in a generic enemy recruitment 0% growths run (ok, I should probably say THE generic enemy recruitment 0% growths run since this is the only one). His sole purpose in life is to wreck endgame and take down Ashnard singlehandedly. In order to make him more ridiculous (and to help him against 27 SPD berserk ashnard), he gets the Renewal and Resolve scrolls, in addition to two each of Energy Drops, Speedwings, and Skill Books. Enemy Red Dragons have absurd caps (45 STR and 40 DEF), and with all the boosters he is looking at 41 STR, 26 SKL and 25 SPD, in addition to the ridiculous 61 HP and 32 DEF he has already. That puts him at 61 STR, 39 SKL, and 37 SPD with Resolve (assuming anything can take him under half health). Holy shit! That's enough to double and do 72 damage to Berserk Ashnard and ORKO Regular Ashnard!!!! This guy is even stronger than all the FE10 laguz royals (well, for FE10 anyway), and his resolve stats are almost as good as FE10 Caineghis' even before you account for stat inflation. WOW!!!

Final Thoughts: This guy is godly. He's like FE7 Athos, but better (He is the boss of FE7 after all XD). He's as good as it gets as far as short term characters. It's a shame I can't use him for longer. Even if there were another 10 chapters in this game he'd have no trouble solo'ing them all.

Statboosters:

-Speedwing x2

-Energy Drop x2

-Skill Book x2

-Talisman x1

-Goddess Icon x1

Skills:

-Renewal

-Resolve

-Nihil

Ratings:

Endgame: 11/10

Long-term: 11/10

Tier List:

Literal God Tier:
Flametongue

God's Healer Tier (Utility):
Whryse

Slightly Below God Tier:
Oswin

Top Tier:
Joe
Mordekill
Melty
Cormag
Jarod
Lancelot
Glen
Barst
Navarre

Top Tier (Utility):
Nevermore

High Tier:
Samto
Robin
Muahaharim
Ulfran
ORCAR

Mid Tier:
Hubert
Hoplight
Leo
OGCAR
Rutger
Lazindar
Greil
Kyzar

Low Tier:
Hols
Jack Sparrow
NotBoyd

Too Little Too Late Tier:
Muston

I should just kill them off already tier:
Ranoff
Garrett

LP Chapters:

Chapter 3: "Captain Greil Storms The Black Pearl" aka "Anna the RNG Goddess vs. Havetti"

Fast Version (10:37) HD

Slow Version (21:15) HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CasG7K06ilc

Whoa, this chapter was way harder the second time around! I start by forming up a defensive line, a fairly routine strategy. Unfortunately, it would have crumbled if I hadn't used my 1 "save" to make sure that generic-myrm-soon-to-be-Jack-Sparrow didn't cut my formation to pieces. The rest of the chapter is mainly baiting people with Greil and adding hand axe support when possible. A similar combo of bandits on the boat (one with hand axe support and one melee) eventually figures itself out, although I got a few good hits in first due to the AI's stupidity. I cut out the numerous portions in which Marcia gets the crackers beat out of her and generic-myrm-soon-to-be-Jack-Sparrow runs around like decapitated poultry. Beating Havetti required a lot of luck, at least 1 obvious RNG/savestate manipulation, and like 10 reloads of save states. Not to mention all of my elixirs and vulneraries.

Nevertheless, as I said in the character section, Greil is a total beast! Sure, it isn't obvious from his 2 defense and mediocre stats across the board, but his contributions have been like divine intervention, saving our clumsy caveman and grey-haired fighter from certain death. He has certainly earned the title of Holy Greil.

Anyway, Greil and his bandits have successfully beaten Havetti's pirates and recruited Jack Sparrow in the process. Stay tuned for some intense swashbuckling action next episode (lolright, I'm gonna get destroyed).

Chapter 3 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries uses consumed: 0

Rules Broken: 0

MVP: Greil

Chapter 4: "Swashbuckling and Divine Intervention" aka "Maijin the Ragin Cajun Gaijin"

Fast Version (9:46):

This chapter was every bit as awful as I had anticipated. In the end, I ended up taking a few liberties. In addition to using my one save (which I used to make the first few turns possible), I first diverted all four agreed archers because they would make success impossible. I also stopped the ragin' cajun gaijin named Maijin from charging towards me and wiping me out. Lastly, since beating Majin was mathematically impossible (he doubled even my fastest axe user), I just changed the victory conditions to defeating all of the aggroed units aside from the archers. I could have shown more, but it would have consisted mainly of me spamming vulneraries that I actually didn't have in the first place (don't worry, I dropped my God Vulneraries after the battle). If you didn't pick up on it from the video, everyone was at less than 10 hp with like 10 enemies still left so I hacked in a bunch of Vulneraries. So yeah, this was actually pretty tough even with all the things I changed to make it possible, the only thing that made it easier was the dumb enemy AI.

I'm convinced that without giving both the speedwing and seraph robe to Joe, the turtling wouldn't have been possible (and there really isn't any other strategy here).

I originally wanted to recruit someone from the soldier class in this chapter (and call them Aran since he is pretty much just a generic soldier anyway), I strategically picked the initial myrmidon instead. He isn't bad, and is much better than Jack Sparrow considering he is only a few levels higher.

At least we got to see Jack Sparrow have a few rousing sword duels with the opposing myrmidons. It reinforces a few time-honored beliefs, that iron is better than steel in this game and that the good guy always wins the sword fight (except my good guys are actually bad guys so meh).

On another note, the AI was so dumb!!! I'm not sure what those guys were doing in that bush (eating shrooms maybe or perhaps something more insidious), but they certainly weren't fighting. Seriously, they could have totally destroyed me, but instead they got totally baked on heal weed, the FE9 equivalent of medical marijuana. Apparently that shit is addictive.

The fact that Greil was my first recruit is really starting to show. He is starting to fall way behind already. All the lances in this chapter certainly didn't help because Greil is actually terrible with an axe (he loses AS which is pretty much the only thing he has going for him). On the other hand, Joe finally lived up to his rather primitive potential. Now, if only he can get a gig making Geico commercials.

Next chapter should be pretty hard, especially with no healing. Sure, I only have to defend for 6 turns but IIRC this is one of the harder chapters normally and in this run it promises to be downright brutal. I'm going to have to decide how many vulneraries I am going to need and I guess I can like level skip and buy them with the money from like Shinon's bows, because I really don't want to rely on Deus Ex Walhart to save my ass again.

Chapter 4 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries uses consumed: 13

Illegal Vulneraries uses consumed: 0

Illegal Cheats used: IDK like 4
MVP: Joe

Chapter 5: "Javs and Cavs" aka "Another Defense Chapter?"

This chapter really wasn't that bad up until the last two turns. I had to reload a ton of savestates (but I've stopped putting those in the videos because they really weren't adding much). This chapter has terrible music (seriously, the default theme for a NIGHT DEFENSE MISSION!!!!), so I tried to insert an appropriate arrangement. It's nothing special, just two shadow dragon tracks overlayed, but the quality of the remixes will improve as this run goes on. I'm still waiting on a response from FEOrchestra on whether i have permission to use their rendition of "Softly with Grace" for this chapter, so I'll add that later if I can.

A few things went wrong, first off I ran out of vulneraries (Deus Ex Walhart appeared to save me from certain death surprise surprise) and I used my save on the wrong cavalier at first (the southern lance cav had 1 more strength or something), so I ended up having to switch to the western lance cav to make sure he didn't murder me with canto. Not a big deal since the AI wasn't using the southern cav anyway for some reason, but it's technically a violation of my rules. This also hurt me because the AI is so stupid that it turns out that if I didn't move the southern cav for it, it wouldn't know to move out of the way so a soldier can throw a javelin (the first reason why this chapter is titled "Javs and Cavs").

So yeah, this was a happy little defense chapter until turn 6, when I decided to kill the hammer dude and that pretty much broke my formation. I mean, it wouldn't have been a huge deal until on turn 6, the enemy AI, faced with defeat, DECIDED TO ACTUALLY USE THE JAVS AND CAVS! I couldn't believe it! In any case, I diverted a few Javs and Cavs (the second reason and the third ish rule broken) and it all went over without a hitch (well, unless you consider that I had to throw away an iron sword, which was a great move if I do say so myself). Evidently it took until turn 6 for the AI to sober up from that healing bush last chapter!

This was the first chapter where Greil's total uselessness became apparent. He was relegated to hand axe duty and he frankly sucked at that. Sure, he finished off like 2 weakened people and blocked a square on turn 5, but that's approaching Wendy territory in uselessness. He's getting the bench next chapter to make room for OGCAR. Interestingly, Joe was the only person here that could consistently survive 2 hits, but Rutger gets the MVP because of his dodgetanking abilities.

Next chapter is the first one that will consist of more than turtling (You don't know how happy this makes me)!!!! And the last chapter I will have to do without legitimate healing (This makes me even happier). I have 3 vulneraries from OGCAR, but I doubt that'll be enough and I'm not level modding 5 times to buy some more on the black market so expect one last appearance of Deus Ex Walhart. The chapter shouldn't be too bad now that I have the hammer to deal with those goddamned knights.

Youtube Link (8:39):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCW3OQ4pILs

Chapter 5 Completed

Vulneraries uses Illegally Purchased (on the levelskip black market): 6

Illegal Vulneraries uses consumed: 8

Illegal Cheats used: only 2

MVP: Rutger, Honorable mention to Joe, Dishonorable mention to Greil

Chapter 6: "Oooh, it's a promoted class!" aka "Canto Commando Tango"

Whew… Ike's sentence at the end sums this all up. Somehow, we made it.

Seriously though, this chapter was pretty hard, but at least it offered a break from all the tedious turtling (like my alliteration?). I didn't have to cheat at all which is good, but I needed a ton of vulneraries mostly to kill the boss. Rather than putting in Deus Ex Walhart again, I just kept the vulneraries I hacked in last chapter. This chapter was a roundabout one sort of like Chapter 3 in FE13. I could have kept running laps and made it easier, but where's the fun in that? Instead I decided to try to make a stand at the bridges and was ultimately successful after a lot of save state reloading to find the perfect combination of attacking and healing.

As I expected, OGCAR's high move, canto, and rescue abilities came in handy here. As long as I kept him away from the poleax, everything went fine. The mages were extremely annoying, to the point where I thought about recruiting one of them instead of Whryse. It would've been nice to get a Knight, Mage, or Axe Cav here for some much needed offense, but I'm getting sick of using illegal vulneraries so I recruited Whryse as I had initially intended.

Let me take a minute to remark on how well NotBoyd and Joe are holding up. Joe's stat boosters went a long way. But NotBoyd, although he's nothing spectacular in terms of effectiveness, still manages to do solid chip. Plus, he could use the hammer more accurately than Joe. Unfortunately though, someone needs to get the bench in Chapter 7 and it'll probably be him just because he's so slow, but we should do something like retire his number.

In fact, NotBoyd was probably more useful in this chapter than Jack Sparrow. Jack did a little bit of chip and again, finished off a few people, but he's really struggling. Turns out maybe I was right about him becoming the new Greil. I'd love to bench him instead of NotBoyd, but I'm afraid the stat difference is too great to overlook.

Now I'm gonna talk about something I haven't really talked about yet: weapons. The trainer in particular. This thing is legendary. Seriously, it's like FE13's Falchion but better. It's lightweight and never misses, and stronger than the iron sword. Not to mention infinite use. There were a few instances where steel was too heavy and iron too weak where the trainer really came through. I bet the Practice Axe in the prologue would've been even better though since the axes are so damn heavy. As for other weapons, everything is pretty mediocre. I mean there are axes like the hammer and poleax that would be great in the right hands, but none of my axe users are really cutting it right now.

Good news is next chapter I get to recruit the Walhart!FE9 version of the best and most badass character in the entire fire emblem series, after Walhart of course. I also have a feeling he's gonna be the most important character for my team after Whryse and maybe the Red Dragon I get at the end. If you're wondering who this enigma is, check out the characters section.

Youtube Link Fast Version (9:30):

Chapter 6 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries uses consumed: 34

Illegal Cheats used: 0

MVP: OGCAR, Honorable mention to Rutger

Chapter 7: "A Rock and a Hard Place" aka "Knight Swimming" aka "It's Hammer Time!"

This chapter was like something out of FE8 (particularly chapter 5x in FE8). Seriously, a bandit, 2 myrmidons, a cavalier and a healer storm a castle and take down waves of knights and soldiers? The difference is I didn't have a traitor Jeigen named Orson to help me. Even Ephraim couldn't have beaten cooked up a winning strategy for this one. But Walhart did.

This chapter was actually my favorite one so far. It was hard, but required strategy beyond just turtling in one place with illegal vulneraries. I am proud to say that I beat this chapter without cheating or breaking my rules in any form. Sure, I had to reaload quite a few savestates, but that was mostly because of the unpredictability of the enemy RNG (and the enemy AI, while not at FE13 level, it turns out it isn't consistently stupid). Having Whryse makes a huge difference, he's absolutely great. He's a spectacular RES tank (he could even tank Balmer for 2 damage per hit) and can survive a hit from at least one physical attack. His above average speed and staves having no weight means he isn't likely to get doubled by anything that isn't a myrmidon. But let's be real, what kind of idiot lets their healer get attacked anyway? Well, the kind of idiot that only gets 5 slots including their healer and has to defend multiple paths against enemies from both sides.

While we're on the topic of me being an idiot, let's take a second to reflect on how I managed to let the dumbass AI pincer me between a rock and a hard place. Seriously, Knights on one side. Guess what's on the other side. You guessed it, more knights. And soldiers. Well, my defense is that it was the only strategy here. No, actually it wasn't, I could think of a hundred better strategies here. Oh wait, never mind. The truth is that no matter what my plan was here I was gonna get attacked on at least 2 possibly 3 fronts. I mean, sure I could've just turtled in the southeast corner and send a shmuck to kill the people that slaughtered Mia, but where's the fun in that (actually, the real reason I didn't go with this strategy was because I tried it and it required vulnerary use and I didn't feel like salvaging that strategy so I created a new one). Besides, a few pieces of info I didn't have during the "quick, figure out what the hell you're doing" phase were that the thief wouldn't go for the armorslayer (still not sure about this one), and that the knights would actually be smart enough to pincer me. All things considered I think I did pretty well instead of getting turned into a schmuck sandwich.

OGCAR was less ridiculous in this chapter; with little room to maneuver, his canto's effectiveness was reduced and his movement rendered a non-factor. He was reasonably tanky though (Oh, you ordered tanky? Check out next chapter, they'll be enough tankiness to power the German military). My next topic: Joe. It is amazing how well he's holding up, considering he appeared in Chapter 1. Just let that sink in, a bandit from chapter 1 was still contributing, and was perhaps my most potent offensive weapon, in chapter 7. That's pretty amazing for an unpromoted 0 growths unit. I mean, sure he got some statboosters and all, but come on, Joe's been pretty useful. There's no way I'd have been able to kill all of those knights without him and his hammer use. Honestly, he was probably the best unit in this chapter aside from OGCAR and Whryse (Rutger gets points for being able to kill the boss easiest). Boy, was I wrong when I said that the amount of lance using enemies would decrease! Unfortunately, even with his boosted stats, I'm not sure how much longer he can hold on before his sheer stat weakness catches up to him. I mean look at that, 3 DEf and 1 SKL? It's kind of a shame considering I don't plan to get anymore axe users until late game, but it's shocking that he even lasted this long, never mind the fact that I might get another chapter or two out of him.

Balmer fell ridiculously easily. Unable to damage Whryse seriously, he succumbed easily to Rutger's attacks backed by relentless healing. But wait a minute. Why was Balmer even the boss in the first place? I mean, think about it, there was a hulking level 12 knight named Oswin sitting right in front of him. I bet 99% of people find the knight harder to kill than Balmer. So why not make him the boss? For variety, I suppose? Well, whatever, I'm just glad I get Oswin next chapter!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last difficult chapter for a while. Enemy scaling was pretty ridiculous in the earlygame, but once Shinon and Gatrie leave in the actual FE9 storyline, it is reduced significantly. Looking at stats, it seems that the level scaling doesn't seem to pick back up until like chapter 26. Does that necessarily mean I'm going to steamroll the midgame? Well, probably. In all seriousness, IIRC this game has other ways of creating difficulty than with stats or by spamming counter mooks, sound familiar?

Next chapter, no one new gets the bench but when that time rolls around it is probably gonna be ole Captain Jack cuz I'm sure not benching Joe after his amazing performance this chapter.

Youtube Link (11 minutes):

Chapter 7 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries Consumed: 0
Gold remaining: 100
MVP: Whryse, honorable mentions to OGCAR, Joe, and Rutger

Chapter 8: "Tanking like it's 1942" aka "Oswin soloes FE9" aka "Is this a joke?"

Audio Credits

Credits to Asomath for the audio here. This guy's made some great stuff and I suggest you check it out just google VGMremastered or FEOrchestra (if this is advertising then someone let me know and I will remove it, but I think it probably isn't since it is a fanmade thing)

The third title says it all. This chapter was a joke. Oswin could tank a whole wave of cavs for only 1 damage per turn. The only difficulty (using the word difficulty loosely) was defending the east and west openings with only one healer. Buying a few vulneraries from the base shop solved that problem.

This chapter was really easy and quite monotonous, so the video is very quick. Oswin tried to kill the boss, but couldn't get to him in time. I suppose I could have tried baiting him earlier so Joe could finish him with a hammer, but I didn't feel like redoing everything just for a Pure Water. I did manage to snag the red gem though.
The AI wasn't too terrible in this chapter. I mean, they could've moved their knight out of the east gap and moved someone else in plus a mage, but that wouldn't have made too much of a difference.
As for characters, Oswin was invincible to everyone but the boss. I reckon it'll be that way for the next few chapters, at least until armor slaying weapons start popping up. Whryse saved a few vulneraries here but wasn't nearly as important as last chapter. Interestingly, NotBoyd made rescuing and dropping Whryse out of harm's way possible, and Jack Sparrow got the bench here instead. I never expected to see NotBoyd come back this late into the game. Joe held his own for the few turns he blocked the east gap, and Rutger covered pretty well while Oswin went gallivanting of to try to kill the red gem priest and then the boss.
Next chapter won't be this easy, but it should still be pretty trivial. The hardest part, as usual, is going to be getting to the village in time. This is where the OGCAR+Oswin combo might come in handy,

Youtube Link (7 minutes):

Chapter 8 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries Consumed: 0

MVP: Oswin, honorable mention to Oswin, dishonorable mention to everyone not named Oswin

Chapter 9: "ORCAR Takes a Beach Vacation" aka "FE9 Summer Olympics"

Welcome to the FE summer olympics! This chapter features synchronized swimming from the scallywags of the sea as well as numerous equestrian events including the infamous myrmidon hurtling! I've been trying to avoid using Awakening music to try to recover from the stress of FE13 Luna+ (yes, you got me, that's the whole reason why I am doing this run in the first place), but I couldn't pass up using the beach theme on this map. For fans of the Japanese voices, I'm sorry but the random grunts were too much for me so I used the NA version.

This chapter wasn't too hard. It was basically a mad dash for the northwest village in an attempt to save the items. In the end, I saved the talisman, but the restore staff got destroyed. I just let Lethe and Mordecai loose on everyone else, which kinda reduced the difficulty, but I really don't care it was more of a timesaver.

ORCAR, with his newly forged Missiletainn, was instrumental in getting to the village on time, the only real challenge in this chapter. Jack Sparrow surprisingly came of the bench and did pretty well, finishing off a few fighters and dodge tanking the pirates that came from the sea. I mean, it isn't that surprising considering it's his home turf. Everyone really contributed here, Rutger held his own and OGCAR's canto and rescue came in handy. Shockingly, Oswin was particularly useless for the first half of the map.

The poison almost got to ORCAR, but luckily Nedata and his scallywags turned their attention to human form Lethe. While, on the other side of the ocean, his other 3 goons were trying their hands at synchronized swimming while getting destroyed by my myrmidons.

Once my army converged on the boss, the reinforcement spawn allowed Oswin to really perform to his potential. He obliterated a wave of myrmidons and helped tank the knights. Mordecai could have handled the rest, but I decided to send Oswin in to help out and I didn't regret it.

When I got to the boss, Oswin was by far my best bet of taking him out. As usual, it took a while but he pulled it off with a lot of help from Whryse.

Next chapter should be fairly straightforward as long as I can avoid getting overrun by the same turn enemy spawn reinforcements on the first turn.

Youtube Link (12 Minutes):

Chapter 9 Completed

Illegal Vulneraries Consumed: 0-(I am gonna stop including these since there'll be no more illegal shenanigans now that it has gotten easier)
Illegal Cheats used: 0-(I am gonna stop including these since there'll be no more illegal shenanigans now that it has gotten easier)

MVP: ORCAR

Chapter 10: "Danomill's Yogurt" aka "Obligatory Prison Break Chapter"

Chapter 10 was really easy aside from the trollinforcements on the first turn and the boss, Danomill's Yogurt. I pulled my trademark, "flip the chokepoint" strategy by turtling on one side of the wall on the first turn, then swooping over and killing that side while keeping my tanks as a pivot point to wall up against the other side.

After that, the chapter was easy until I got to the boss. I remembered to bring all my chest keys to get all the goods. Leo was fairly useful with his forged Reinfleche, sniping people over the wall that was Oswin and alternating with Whryse's healing. Oswin was back to his normal self here, and pretty much soloed the chapter after the first turn, aside from needing a partner in crime (ORCAR) for his tanking efforts. Both held the gap fairly well. Everyone else was totally useless. Rutger and OGCAR might have finished off one guy each but did nothing else the whole time. Joe was even more useless; I think he attacked once with a steel axe and that was it. Oh well, Joe survived the deployment cut for 8 chapters, that's pretty impressive! He is almost certainly getting cut next time, though.

Danomill was a pain to kill, probably from all that yogurt he'd been eating. Well, I took him down eventually and claimed his Master Seal.

I'm really excited that I get to recruit Jarod, my first promoted unit. He promises to be even better than Oswin and extremely versatile. Plus, I finally get some lance-using speed to round out my party. As if that weren't cool enough, he comes with a short spear and a C rank in lances.

I decided to use the master seal on ORCAR, who turns into a badass red black paladin. His promoted stats rival Jarod's, and this should allow him to catch up when he'd otherwise have fallen behind. He gets axes upon promotion, since Joe's passing to the bench means that I won't have another axe user for a ridiculously long time. Oswin probably could have used it, but he'll be fine. Besides, I get another one at the end of chapter 11, and Oswin can definitely last until then.

Next chapter, don't expect anyone who isn't named Jarod, Oswin, or ORCAR to do any fighting. Everyone else has fallen way behind in terms of combat. Leo might get a few chips in but that's about it, the only reason I got him was for the Raven chapter.

Youtube Link (8 Minutes):

Chapter 10 Completed
Gold remaining: 16000

MVP: Oswin

Chapters 11 (Valm Arc XD) onward in next post!

Edited by Walhart

LP Chapters Continued:

Chapter 11: "Sremocaes" aka "Walhart's Conquest" aka "ORCAR goes AWOL"

This chapter is named Sremocaes (I have no idea how that would be pronounced) because it is the reverse of FE13 chapter 12 which is titled Seacomers. I know, clever, isn't it? Not really, I just couldn't think of any better names. It kinda works though, I mean they both have similar layouts with a boat and land, except this time you are trying to get off of a boat instead of facing an invading force from the boat. Also, both chapters have similar enemies (knights and cavs) and a paladin boss, not to mention similar enemy positioning (you get overrun on all sides if you aren't careful). Besides, if this is the reverse of chapter 12 in FE13, that would make my player units Walhart's soldiers, which is cool with me.

This chapter actually wasn't that difficult once I got my head out of wherever it was lodged snake my arse. I just had to adjust my strategy and give Oswin the talisman (the latter of which probably wasn't totally necessary in hindsight). Of course, I had to let the elwind and killer lance villages slide, but I didn't have anyone who could use the elwind anyway. As for the killer lance, I really wanted it, but apparently I just really suck at saving Killer Lances (see Paralogue 1 of my FE13 Luna+ play log). It's a shame since Oswin could have used it but whatever.

In this chapter, ORCAR pulled a Kellam went AWOL. For some reason, if I tried to deploy ORCAR here, he would disappear on the first turn. I know, weird, right? You see some weird shit like that when you're messing around with the coding and the AR. Anyway, that made this chapter way more difficult because it meant that essentially only Oswin and Jarod could fight, with Leo doing the occasional chip damage. Consequently, Oswin got the master seal and ORCAR will get promoted the following chapter.

If I tried to send my team northeast to try to save the Elwind, they would have gotten raped and slaughtered on both sides. Instead, I was able to plow through the lower path with minimal defending. OGCAR and Rutger face tanked here, but did little else throughout. Jarod and Oswin, on the other hand, met with little resistance in their quest to fill Mackoya's goons full of spears. Jarod's Greatlance came in handy here, allowing him great offensive output due to its high might and low weight combined with his intrinsic speed.

Mackoya was kind enough to box himself in for me, so my A units made short work of him. It came pretty close near the end with the BK bearing down on me, but I barely managed to escape.

It kinda sucks that I had to get a thief here; I really would have liked to get one of those Wyvern Riders around Jill, but I need someone who can get chests eventually. If I had realized that ravens could get chests then I might have reconsidered since I get a raven after the next chapter (although, AFAIK the ravens in Ch12 can't open chests but then again the raven I get isn't technically from Ch12-- long story-- but I still don't think he can open chests so never mind). All in all, it was a sacrifice that had to be made eventually, and why not make it now when I have 3 promoted units and a piss easy chapter coming up?

Youtube Link Fast Version (12.5 minutes):

Chapter 11 Completed
Gold remaining: 13700

MVP: Oswin and Jarod

Chapter 12: "Ravenous Raging Ravens" aka "Hide and Seek...er"

The way this chapter started I thought it was gonna be even easier than chapter 8. In the end, it turned out to be about as difficult as chapter 10 (maybe around FE6 NM difficulty). It was easy as hell at first, as Leo and the laguzslayer made quick work of the ravens with their effective damage, but at the end I got swarmed and needed to rely on some RNG rigged 50-60% hit rates to pull off one turn in particular. Nothing too serious, but I needed to be able to hit those slippery ravens.

I went the minimal deployment route here (seems to be a recurring theme among ship defense chapters), only deploying ORCAR, Oswin, Jarod, Whryse, and Leo. I probably could have gotten away without deploying Whryse, and been that much less vulnerable for it, but whatever. ORCAR's hit rates were the shakiest of all believe it or not (due to his god awful skill), and surprisingly Oswin's were the highest with his Missiletainn. The ravens fell fairly easily, even the boss once you got past my 1 or 2 unlucky misses.

In hindsight, I wonder if I could have stolen the Laguz Band from the Seeker. Oh well, it's not a big deal since there's no way my thief would've had enough speed or could have survived the chapter without being rescued. Besides, aside from the Raven I get after this chapter and I think one more I get later, all of my Laguz are feral ones IIRC (maybe not the one in Muarim's chapter but I think that's it).

That brings me to my next subject. I technically could have recruited a level 5 raven here according to my rules, since there was one present on the enemy roster, however since you can't actually recruit units on rout chapters, I had to level mod to chapter 13 afterwards and settle for a level 4 raven. Nothing earth shattering, I know, but worth mentioning.

We'll see how next chapter goes, I'm not too afraid of their units especially since their halberdiers match Jarod in most stats. I could probably just throw Oswin on the throne with a shitton of vulneraries, but I am determined to try to get as many of the chests as possible.

Youtube Link Fast Version (6.5 minutes):

Chapter 12 Completed
Gold remaining: 13700

MVP: Leo

Chapter 13: "Chest Conundrum" aka "Wait, Ravens have Steal?"

This chapter was weird. It started out really easy and then a lot of things changed. First off, the ravens attacked Garrett, which I didn't realize they would do. And, more surprisingly he actually survived a round. Good thing I made sure to get the level 6 thief in Chapter 11 instead of the level 3 one. Seriously though, half my team couldn't survive one round of combat with the ravens, but he did (I think Leo only survived getting ORKO'd by like 2 HP). This set Garrett back a bit, and I began to worry if I could get to all the chests in time (Spoiler: I did manage to get all of them).

My initial strategy was to try to get through the halberdier choke points as quickly as possible to get to the final boat and overrun it to save the chests. After cleaning up the center boat, I sent ORCAR and Leo up the left plank, Jarod up the center, and Oswin up the right. Well, Oswin had to retreat to help clean up stragglers and he ended up helping the push up the middle.

All that changed around turn 6, when I realized a bunch of things. First off, I hadn't been using my one recruitment save, but rather had been fighting the halberdier on the center plank when I could've just walked him away from it. The second thing I realized was that the ravens didn't seem to be attacking me. Thirdly, I realized that Nevermore (in raven form) could open chests (to be fair, I had actually realized this earlier and used him to snag the Occult scroll and Laguz Axe, but I didn't know this going into the chapter). Lastly, I realized that Nevermore could also steal the loot from the ravens.

This last realization was huge because it meant that (after getting Oswin killed chasing the energy drop and wondering where the speedwing had gone), I could just have Nevermore chase around the ravens and steal the loot from them, rather than opening it myself. So I did that, along with moving my halberdier-to-be-recruited away from combat, both of which made the last few turns tremendously easier. I ended up nabbing both the energy drop and the speedwing this way, while Garrett plundered the east side of the central ship. The ravens retreated.

Not sure what was up with the AI here, it seems that the final ship's enemies won't move until either a certain turn (turn 8) or until you board the final ship. The ravens were even more screwy; it seemed like the ones at first would attack me (probably because those ones didn't have steal IIRC), while the reinforcement ones wouldn't attack me and would head straight towards the loot, retreating when it was all gone.

In any case, I think both Nevermore and Garrett were necessary to collect all the loot here since the former could only do so in laguz form. It's nice to know that I have a flying thief, although his combat was borderline terrible compared to my other units. A raven getting hit for 10 damage by a fighter? Are you serious? Any laguz worth their weight in stuffing needs to be able to dodge that. So yeah, Nevermore gets points for utility, but his combat is extremely disappointing. Not that I had high expectations for him in the first place.

As for my actual combat units, they did fairly well. ORCAR held out remarkably and Oswin and Jarod performed well as always. Nothing spectacular though, I am guessing this is the point where it starts to balance out and the fact that one unit is recruited one chapter after another starts to make less of a difference. This is especially evident when I compare Jarod's stats to those of the halberdier I got in this chapter.

Due to the layout of this chapter (I could protect the rear units or retreat them, whereas they would have gotten surrounded in Chapter 12), I could afford to bring along my weaker units. Of them, most were totally useless, but OGCAR and Joe got to tank a hit or two each. Rutger did absolutely nothing and even Whrsye was kept out of harm's way for the majority of this one.

IIRC the next chapter is the one with the feral laguz, where I'm planning to pick up a nice berserk Tiger that'll add some serious offense to my roster.

Youtube Link Fast Version (14 Minutes):

Chapter 13 Completed
Gold Remaining: 18000
MVP: Tie between Oswin, Jarod, ORCAR, and Nevermore

WPN Ranks:

Leo: D Bows

Whrsye: B Staves

Oswin: E Swords, B Lances

Jarod: B Lances

ORCAR: C Swords, E Axes

Rutger: B Swords

OGCAR: B Lances

Joe: B Axes

Jack Sparrow: C Swords

NotBoyd: C Axes

Greil: A Swords, S Axes

Chapter 14: "Trading Trainers with Traitors' Traders"

Aside from featuring quite a few traders and traitors (but actually no trainer trading believe it or not), this chapter wasn't too bad once I figured out what I was doing. I initially sent ORCAR up the left side to try to save the villages, but when he got his ass kicked I just sent Nevermore up there. I rushed Jarod, Hoplight, and Oswin up the middle, and wasted a few moves trying to send Jarod over to the northwest corner, where Nevermore was cleaning up the loot.

Once I figured out that some enemies wouldn't move and realized that the only rush here was getting to the villages, things went much better. Oswin plowed through hoards of enemies taking little damage. Jarod and Hoplight provided support, and as I expected Jarod was a tiny bit more useful (Dat 1 point of speed). Nevermore came through again with his utility, and again he was the only reason I was able to save the items in the villages. I deployed OGCAR and Joe (because why not) and they actually came in handy (OGCAR helped block a cav and Joe helped take out a bandit). Of course those two heartless thugs would take it upon themselves to kill their own kind (Joe killed the bandit and OGCAR killed the cav). Note to self, when there is free deployment space, ALWAYS DEPLOY JOE! Despite being 10 levels lower, he could trade hits with his enemy bandit counterpart and was 3HKO'd, not bad for 13 chapters past his prime. Seriously, this guy never ceases to amaze.

Like most of the past two chapters, Gashilama was a pain until I figured out what to do. He was critting my best guys left and right until I realized that he wouldn't move and I could just snipe him out with Leo. Of course, I realized that too late and by the time I figured it out the boss was already half-dead, but it was worth noting nonetheless.

Whrsye was fairly useless again since there was minimal in-combat healing necessary. Leo did some chip, but he's running out of steam without effective damage. That's ok though; in a few chapters I'll have more snipers than I know what to do with.

Looking forward to next chapter. I expect feral Mordekill to tear apart his tame Laguz doppelgängers. With the cat laguz I'll pick up next chapter, my ranks should get significantly more Beastly.

All these weapons, scrolls, stat boosters, and crappy-statboosters-that-I-should-just-sell are accumulating nicely in my storage. I'm going to have to take them out and use them eventually rather than let them rot, but I'd rather wait until late game where the chapters will be harder and my characters will less easily become obsolete. Besides, some of these skills and stats will be absolutely killer on my endgame team, and I have a feeling they'll be needing it. Right now, I can just promote my weaker party members to give them a leg up, as long as the master seals keep coming, but my late game characters won't have that luxury.

Youtube Link (10:10):

Chapter 14 Completed
Gold Remaining: 14000
MVP: Oswin (Honorable Mention to Nevermore)

WPN Ranks:

ORCAR: B Swords, E Axes

Chapter 15: "Obligatory Desert Chapter" aka "Thank Gods there are no Wyverns" aka "Mordekill want More to Kill"

Ahhh… the obligatory desert chapter. There's nothing like having your movement reduced by half and being swarmed on all sides by enemies. Luckily, FE9's desert chapter is nothing like FE12's (which, yes, is indeed way harder than FE13's). It was more like the enemy was being overwhelmed by me!

I sent ORCAR, Hoplight, Jarod, and Leo directly north. Of these, the two Halberdiers did most of the fighting. They were devastating with the laguz lance, which I quickly learned never to have equipped on EP. ORCAR was too slow to be of any use and I didn't feel like wasting turns here for him to catch up or for Whryse to come heal. Leo did some pretty good chip considering that he is getting a bit obsolete stat wise (and was never that great to begin with).

Mordekill destroyed his non-feral counterparts, pretty much soloing the east side of the map. He needed a heal or two from Whryse at one point (the only thing Whryse did the whole chapter). I could have held off on taking on many of the enemies on the east side if I had wanted, but I just wanted to clear out the map as quickly as possible. Consequently, I used a few vulneraries that could have been conserved, but whatever. I have so much money now between my liquidized and non-liquid assets that the time to worry about vulnerary costs is long past.

Oswin took care of a few stragglers and managed to get up north in time to throw a few javelins and the such, but he is actually starting to take a decent beating from people. As long as I kept him away from Tigers he was fine, but they likely would have torn him apart with their high STR and SPD combination.

Nevermore took out one enemy raven and then flew north to help out. He actually did pretty well in this chapter, having enough speed to even double some cats.

I didn't show it here, but after clearing out the map I made rounds with Garrett and picked up all the items in the sand. The physic and vague katti should be especially useful, and more money is always welcome. I'll definitely be saving the boots, though. Garrett was mostly a time saver here, but he contributed a lot more than Joe, ORCAR, or Rutger.

The cat I picked up in this chapter isn't really too great. As a non-feral, he's gonna need the demi-band to stay relevant, which reduces him to the stats of a glorified laguz halberdier. I don't expect him to be nearly as good as Mordekill. Aside from Oswin and Mordekill, everyone is a little too balanced stat wise for my liking. And it'll be a few more chapters before I start getting more people that excel at certain stats (although, generic growths mean that everyone is more balanced and less specialized).

Next chapter, I will be forced to be conservative on deployment slots. The next two chapters I will be recruiting Snipers, so expect my ranged offensive capabilities to increase significantly.

Youtube Link (8:43):

Chapter 15 Completed
MVP: Mordekill (Honorable Mention to Jarod and Hoplight)

Chapter 16: "A Thief's Thievery from Thieving Thieves"

Chapter 16 wasn't the most difficult chapter yet by a long shot, but it was certainly harder than chapter 15. This was mainly because I had to make a beeline for the northwest corner to stop the thief (but didn't realize this until halfway through the chapter). I just sent everyone up the first hallway and split off Leo and Oswin to take the northeast room, which took a while. Ranoff helped them at first, but was needed elsewhere. The halberdiers then took the top route towards the Northwest room while the high move characters (Mordekill, ORCAR, Nevermore) took the bottom route. In hindsight it would've been fastest to just sent everyone across the top, but I didn't realize that the enemy mages wouldn't move.

Anyway, I succeeded in picking up all the treasure. Nevermore's 15 spd was crucial in stealing the bolting and physic away from the 14 spd thief that nabbed them before I could get there. I probably shouldn't have bothered with Garrett here (he's actually the one person so far that I regret recruiting).

My powerhouses are starting to slow down here; even Oswin and Mordekill had to take a beating at times. This chapter utilized my whole team which was good since it forced me to use some strategy and fight with all my units instead of just stomping everyone with Oswin, Mordekill, and the halberdiers. Ranoff was meh as I had expected, he gets some points for being able to one round healers and mages, but seriously who can't?

Hoplight and Jarod are still going strong, and aren't running out of steam as quickly as the others. ORCAR's been reduced to killing weakened enemies and anyone recruited before Oswin just isn't worth bringing since they'll be lucky if they aren't ORKO'd. Nevermore's still cool as long as he only fights in laguz form, and even without his combat he's still a way better thief than Garrett. Whryse was fairly useful here since I needed a lot of healing (and 17 hp points healed with a heal staff is nothing to scoff at even at this point in the game).

Next chapter, I replace Leo with a better archer (Sniper actually), and strategically take on Duke Tanas' troops.

Youtube Link (11:45):

Chapter 16 Completed
MVP: Mordekill (Honorable Mention to Nevermore)

Chapter 17-1: "Low-fat Greek Yogurt a la Duke Tanas" aka "Hoplight Part 1"

You never know how Chapter 17 is going to go when you're hacking/using an AR. It can behave pretty weirdly at times between npcs like Sigrun and Sanaki that blow up the game, multiple maps on one map, and other crazy event/coding shenanigans. I've seen invisible dudes, move arrows that look like a checkerboard. You name it, I've seen it when messing around with Chapter 17.

But enough of that. Let's talk about the actual chapter. Chapter 17-1 is pretty easy if you do it right. The only annoying parts are the killer lance halberdier and the reinforcements. I divided my team up into a few groups; Nevermore, Oswin, Mordekill, Jarod, and Whrsye took the left side (and later acted as the rear guard when the reinforcements showed up) while ORCAR, Hubert, Ranoff, and Hoplight took the right side.

On the right side, Hoplight handled himself like a boss (that's why he gets the MVP) with his Finn's Lance. He destroyed all manner of resistance on EP. Hubert's archery support was pretty useful, until an unlucky hit forced me to rescue him out of the fray. Ranoff's health meter shot down like a myrmidon's sword when he tried to fight, causing him to… well… Run Off. After Ranoff Ran Off, Hoplight destroyed the rest of the right side group singlehandedly.

On the left, Nevermore, Jarod, Mordekill, and Oswin took on most of the reinforcements. The fighting was pretty evenly distributed to these 3 powerhouses (plus one raven-thief). Turn after turn they kited and walled up to protect Whryse from harm, and in return he kept them in fighting condition.

Finally, after converging on the killer halberdier's group, my team's teamwork was evident. They all congratulated themselves on a job well done, Hoplight was handed the first place gold medal (to add to the random golden bow tie that he was already wearing around his neck, seriously WTF is up with these halberdier designs?). They then prepared themselves to take on a particular corpulent criminal and paedophilic parson.

Before this chapter ends, Whrsye staff abuses a bit to promote to Bishop. Apparently automatic level 21 promotions do exist in this game, go figure. If I had know that I would have used my master seals on someone else since Oswin was only a few levels away from promoting automatically. Well, actually that's probably not true since I doubt I would've been able to beat chapter 11 with some random promoted shmuck instead of Brick Wall!Oswin. Anyway, now that Whrsye is promoted he can use those annoying light tomes that have been hanging around in my convoy. His speed is still terrible, so he won't have much offense to speak of, but hopefully he won't get 2HKO'd anymore.

Next chapter, Hubert is joined by the one and only Robin of Locksley, as the heroic marksmen merges his talents with our motley band of merry men.

Youtube Link (8:56):

Chapter 17-1 Completed
MVP: Hoplight

Chapter 17-2: "Frozen Greek Yogurt and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream" aka "Hoplight part 2"

This chapter is even easier than the last one. I divide my team into two groups. Hoplight basically handles the right side all by himself again. He gets a bit of help from Robin once he shows up as a reinforcement as well as from Nevermore after he transforms, but Hoplight again demonstrates his ability to handle the easy side of the map almost singlehandedly.

The left side of the map is the hard part. I send Hubert, Mordekill, Oswin, Jarod, and Whryse there. They successfully take down the waves of cave without too much trouble. The rest of the map is just routine clean up with little resistance.

The two snipers are pretty good and the two halberdiers are still hanging in there. Oswin's low SPD and move are starting to catch up with him (because he can't catch up with everyone else). He's still a useful tank, but his shaky hit rates and low offense (due to his bad SPD), mean he's going to be relegated to tying up a few enemies per map. I mean, Mordekill isn't doubling much either, but he has higher STR and at least he isn't getting doubled like Oswin is. Besides, Mordekill actually has enough skill and weapon accuracy to land a hit. Ranoff does absolutely nothing here, and Leo chips a wyvern.

Next chapter I get an all around melee powerhouse to replace my aging juggernauts. Lancelot is a Paladin with an A rank in lances and enough speed to ORKO most enemies with a silver lance. I know lances aren't the ideal weapon type in this situation (bad hit rates and lots of competition), but it's hard to pass up that A rank.

Next chapter is the only hard one of the chapter 17 subchapters. Holding out for 10 turns against attacks from all sides is going to have to be a team effort.

Youtube Link (7:30):

Chapter 17-2 Completed
MVP: Hoplight (Honorable mention to Robin Hood)

Chapter 17-3: "Meticulously Murdering Malicious Mages" aka "Why the hell is Oliver on the map?" aka "Hoplight part 3... err... never mind he sucks now"

This chapter is a classic example of good difficulty. You aren't getting stat-mashed to death by any promoted units, but you're gonna get overrun on all sides unless you can kill multiple enemies per turn. At first, the focus is killing everyone in the northern area. Then, when the waves approach from the south you have to shift down and form up into a defensive formation.

The halberdiers are sufficient to hold off the few enemies attacking from the east, but this is the first map where they start to fall behind. Jarod has trouble taking out a few mages and archers and Hoplight almost dies due to being doubled by Iron blade myrms. I don't know if they'll be getting deployed following the end of chapter 17.

The snipers were really my main offensive force here besides Lancelot when he arrives. Doubling enemies with steel/killer bows allows Hubert and Robin to ORKO mages and severely wound cavs with crits. Mordekill could ORKO slow soldiers, but my strategy here was really to just form a wall on the southern front and snipe the enemies to death. It works pretty well, and I manage to gain some ground each turn.

Lancelot was of course dominant, and he wipes out the remnants of the enemy forces to the south with little trouble. Ranoff does decent chip but that's about it. Even Leo is still useful for finishing off 2-3 HP enemies.

Due to some weird reason, Oliver actually appears on this map and I can't kill him or I'll be transported to chapter 18. Like I said, weird stuff happens when messing with chapter 17. Consequently, before starting the map I have to use a few invisible turns hiding him in a corner, which is why Nevermore's transform gauge starts out higher than normal. Consequently, for the first two turns in which Nevermore is transformed, I act as if he isn't. Just an explanation for those of you wondering why he wasn't attacking or doing anything. After being (legitimately) transformed, he kills one enemy or two, but he's looking at 4HKOing even the most generic of soldiers, so his offense is pretty mediocre.

Next chapter, I get Lazindar, a level 3 sage and original character. He is my first magic user with actual offensive potential, and he also helps Whryse out with the task of keeping everyone healed.

Youtube Link (9:30):

Chapter 17-3 Completed
MVP: Lancelot (Honorable mention to Mordekill and Robin Hood)

Chapter 17-4: "Stragglers Down South" aka "The Hawk King Rapes Chapter 17-4"

This chapter looks a lot harder than it really is. Basically, you could just turtle in the starting spot, kill the group of reinforcements, and let Tibarn take care of everything else. But again, I ask, "Where's the fun in that!" Well, I decide to compromise and attempt to go on the offensive as much as possible while still exercising caution. I bait a few people away from the group of riders while Tibarn carves himself a path to Oliver.

Of course, you still have to kill all the enemies that initially spawn around the starting spot and that's no easy task. I send everyone down south to bait on the first turn, then split up and send a northern group to kill the reinforcements while the rest clear up the stragglers down south (sounds like a crappy western movie "Stragglers down South"). Anyway, Hoplight, Whryse, Lancelot, and Leo somehow manage to kill the cave that they bait (it really helps that Whryse can potentially survive a round or two as we saw last chapter). Leo does some really clutch chip that ends up killing a few enemies at different points. The rest of the team has their hands full killing the 3 cav and 1 paladin reinforcement, though. ORCAR barely survives a round with the bow Paladin. ORCAR and Leo probably have seen their last battle, but that's cool because they've already gone a lot further than I expected. Oswin might not get a deployment because, although he's not a liability like Leo, he just doesn't do enough damage consistently to warrant the spot.

Notice that Hubert fails to kill the bow paladin, missing him with his bow, while Robin Hood makes the shot and kills the fiend, proving that he is indeed the superior marksman.

Anyway, Lazindar arrives in the nick of time (not really, I could have just surrounded the paladin and neutralized him) and his Elfire helps kill the paladin. I'm sure Lazindar's healing would've been helpful if it weren't for Tibarn lolraping the chapter.

Due to you guys' suggestions, I recruit a lousy pegasus knight from this chapter and give her a deployment slot in the next chapter that she really doesn't deserve. I mean, I'm sure she'll be decent on promotion, but I'm not looking forward to feeding her mooch kills for the next few chapters.

Next chapter should be really easy. The only thing for me to worry about is the long range magic tomes, but I'm sure I can kill them easily enough by rushing them with Lancelot while the rest of my team ties up the other enemies. I'm a little bit concerned about defensiveness without Oswin and the halberdier duo. But as long as I have two melee people I should be able to get the job done with all the healing and ranged support.

Youtube Link (6:40):

Chapter 17-4 Completed
Gold Remaining: 20000
MVP: Lancelot (Honorable mention to Robin Hood and Hubert)

Chapter 18: "A Tale of Two Snipers" aka "Long Range Sage Rage"

If it isn't obvious yet, this chapters first title shows what a classic literature geek I am. As for the second title, if you aren't sick of my terrible alliteration and half-assed rhymes I'm here to change that. Anyway, for this chapter's audio I picked some of my favorite FE9 and FE10 battle themes, worthy of the beginning of Walhart's march into Daein.

Aaaahhh, Daein. What's not to love, really. Spectacular view, skiing, wyvern riding, and don't forget the bone-chilling air. You know, they say cold air is good for the soul and it certainly helps clear your head. And let's be real, who doesn't love fighting in a frozen wasteland? And while the past few chapters offered vague frozen yogurt analogies, this chapter offers something better: frozen Daein a la Kayachey.

This chapter was a bit harder than I expected and much longer than any of chapter 17. You may notice that rather than take my time, I was a bit more aggressive in attacking at a pace that, while far from the level of an LTC or efficiency player, was significantly faster than the usual loitering. I did this to try to preserve the challenge and to practice for a (possible) later similar run but LTC.

I sent Robin, Mordekill, and Lancelot, arguably my 3 best characters, to clear out the hallway inside the fort. They did a remarkable job and dispatched 80% of this map's enemies with help from Whryse. Meanwhile, the rest of my team played the role of the rear guard, and struggled, both metaphorically and literally, to keep up with the killing potential of the vanguard. Hubert was pretty impressive in dispatching Wyvern Riders, but the rest of my team was leaving something to be desired.

Nevermore ran around picking up chests while attempting to hold off the cave attacking my flank. Hoplight is getting 3HKO'd by lousy cavs here, and doubled by some of them. Yeah, he's gonna get retired to the bench soon. Lazindar actually wasn't that great, presumably because of my lack of variety of tomes for increased wyvern killing effectiveness. Maybe if he got that Blizzard tome that the enemy sage had (Lazindar is an Ice Sage after all).

Melty the Pegasus knight was pretty meh here as I expected. Honestly, she was slightly better than my expectations, but I still wish I had recruited the Paladin instead. She could double pretty well and dodge decently. I guess she might do decent damage with a forged Iron Lance, but we'll see. I got her one level but she's gonna have to get EXP at a faster rate if she doesn't want to fall behind (she's like the Est character of my run, yep that's right an Est character in 0% growths).

Interestingly, some of the promoted enemies here were actually weaker than the unpromoted ones. This was the case with the level 20 fighter I recruited here compared to the level 1 warrior I planned to recruit. The fighter had MUCH better stats. This is even more obvious in later chapters, where the promoted enemies are actually the weaklings.

Kayachey went down pretty easily. Lancelot's terrible skill meant he couldn't land a hit on him, so I relied on the duo of Robin + Batman Mordekill to take him out.

To deal with next chapter, I'm gonna capture Naesala (that is, have Ike rescue him) and bring a ton of bow users to kill the ravens. I could just have 127 strength Ike murder Naesala, and keep the ravens neutral, but I want to make it as challenging as possible without having God!Naesala flying around killing my people. In order to kill off all the ravens, I'm gonna bring lots of bows and get Lazindar a forged wind tome.

Between Melty, as well as the fighter I got this chapter, and the wyvern rider I'm gonna pick up next chapter, I'm gonna need to hand out some levels to get them to promotion. No BEXP is allowed, but I'll try to see if I can get them some mooch kills since I only get one more master seal and I don't get it until chapter 21.

Youtube Link (8 minutes);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJBDdxeG5Q

Chapter 18 Completed
Gold Remaining: 20000
MVP: Robin Hood (Honorable mention to Lancelot and Mordekill)

Chapter 19: "Murdering a Murder (of Crows)" aka "Snipers Firing Squad" aka "Mooch Kills and Promotions"

In this chapter, I go at a much slower pace than last chapter (don't worry all the boring stuff has been edited out of the video), mainly because there were a bunch of people in this battle that I wanted promoted. I end up promoting three people here: Barst, Melty, and Leo. I gave them a lot of mooch kills in order to accomplish this.

Because I don't have Reyson or Janaff to persuade Naesala to back off, I have Ike capture him and deal with the rest of his ravens as if they were enemies.

My strategy here is to send Melty and Nevermore to the right to kill as many ravens before they transform. Melty does really well here with Jarod's old forged iron lance (she kills like 3-4 ravens) while Demi band!Nevermore doesn't do much, but blocks an important square that would have killed Melty or at the very least caused me to retreat her another turn.

The rest of my army holds off the enemies coming from the main path while my Snipers line up in the forest to pick off fliers coming over the mountains. The strategy works remarkably well, actually, and Leo even manages to shoot down a few Ravens. Interestingly, the ravens actually take more damage from my bows in Laguz form than in human form.

When the myrmidons attack my formation, I retreat everyone and heal/rescue the units that would otherwise have been killed by the ballista. All the myrms attack Lancelot, leaving them weak and ripe for the picking on player phase. Jarod and Hoplight come in handy here with some clutch kills, but this is the only turn where they do anything. The halberdier duo can now use Silver Lances, but they are getting doubled by anything and have serious trouble hitting, so I think it's fair to retire them now. Leo, on the other hand, does great even though he is by far my weakest unit stat wise. Who would have thought Archer Leo would be better than both halberdiers?

Everyone else did an average job; Lancelot was very useful as long as I wasn't too aggressive with him. Old Robin of Locksley was definitely my best unit here by a longshot; he gets the mvp for racking up a serious body count (I'd even say he probably mudered a whole murder of ravens).

Barst manages to clear the summit with some help from Melty, and the dramatic fighter dual comes to an anticlimactic close.

Of my 3 promotions, the first was Melty. I have to admit, she does look to be pretty good with those stats. I mean, she's like a flying version of Hoplight with an extra 7 spd, pretty significant if you ask me (although she does have 6 less HP and 1 less str). It'll be good to get someone with swords since my team now is ridiculously lance and bow heavy and has been that way since like chapter 9 or so.

The second promotion was Barst, the new recruit. While his stats aren't amazing, 18 str and 46 HP is nothing to scoff at. 13 SPD is a bit lacking, but it isn't terrible and besides, I finally get a good axe user. He's basically a stronger Mordekill, sporting 1 more STR and SPD but like 13 more HP. After promoting he can use C axes, which lets him use killer axes, and E bows, which, while not as deadly as Robin's Parthia and high skill combo, should still be useful on occasion. Barst might join Lancelot in leading my melee forces.

The last promotion was Leo, which might not have been necessary. Sure, Leo was useful for a lot longer than expected and the promotion helps his stats a bit, but I already have 2 better snipers and a lot of people with similar stats to promoted Leo (ORCAR and the halberdiers) have gotten benched perhaps permanently. Expect Leo to make a comeback only in another chapter that features a ton of fliers.

Next chapter should not be too bad. I'll try to get Cormag a few levels, and we'll see how that goes.

So far Ranoff and Garrett get the awards for most useless recruit and Oswin, Jarod, Lancelot, and Mordekill (and don't forget Joe) are looking like my best picks.

Youtube Link (11 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY-L1Bg1HvY&list

Chapter 19 Completed
MVP: Robin Hood (Honorable mention to Lancelot)
Gold remaining: 34000

Chapter 20: "Canto is the New Counter" aka "Pick a God and Pray" aka "Walhart attempts LTC (with a little help from Espinosa's run)"

Chapter 20 was brutally difficult. It was probably the hardest chapter since chapter 4 (and the hardest legitimate chapter XD). I tried doing it the usual way once but got swarmed by cantoing wyvern riders so I gave up on that. I ended up taking a page out of Espinosa's book by trying to 4 turn this chapter. The lack of Reyson (and Stefan) meant that I had to shoot for a 4 turn rather than 2 turn clear, and I had to get really creative (and more than a little lucky) to pull it off (and yeah, having the PK was a HUGE help). In the end, I had to waste a ton of goodies (Shade, Vantage, Wrath scrolls as well as Seraph Robe, 2 Dracoshields, Boots), but it was worth it since I don't see myself doing this chapter any other way.

It took a master strategy to beat this one, or at the very least the best one I've had to use so far. I stole the idea of making a beeline for the boss and dropping a competent fighter next to the sage from Espinosa (If you haven't watched his video I suggest you check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-TzFrHFaDg). Unfortunately, without a heron and with a crappier flier/melee unit combo, I was forced to modify this strategy so it would work in this run. The result was a 4 turn clear that I am reasonably proud of.

Melty ate the Seraph Robe, 2 Dracoshields, and the Boots in order to make this possible (She plays the role of Tanith). The Seraph robe might not have been necessary, but at the very least it made sure that she wasn't 1 hit away from dying on the second turn of the boss rush, although the Shade scroll probably would have protected her. I put the shade scroll on Melty to try to get as many Wyvern Riders as possible to attack Lancelot, who was far better equipped to take a hit (He plays the role of Ulki in Espinosa's strategy, but attracts far more enemies due to the shade scroll and my other characters' inability to ORKO halberdiers).

The Wyverns took the bait and I was able to drop Barst next to the bolganone sage with little difficulty (Barst plays the role of Stefan here). In order to survive the next two EP's, however, Barst needed to use the vantage and wrath scrolls, plus the elixir that I stole off the priest last chapter. Equipped with a short Axe, Barst survived the second and third EP with only 1 HP. This was the part that was a bit fuzzy; he needed some lucky crits and dodges to pull it off; the scrolls increased his chances of survival but he still needed to have the RNG goddess on his side.

Meanwhile, Whryse ran around tossing Lancelot physics while Cormag grabbed Whryse and canto'ed out of range. The rest of my units were sufficient to clean up the few enemies to the south, while Lancelot and Barst equipped their favorite axes, picked a god, and prayed.

After barely surviving the second EP, Barst moves next to Shiharam and eats an elixir. Meanwhile, with her forged javelin, Melty ORKO's that annoying Blizzard sage to protect Barst's HP gauge from a sure hit. On the second EP, Barst gets critted by a Sniper in what it turns out was actually a really lucky turn of events. Without that enemy crit, it is likely that Barst wouldn't have been able to crit Shiharam and 2RKO him. Aside from the boss and the sniper, Barst didn't have a high chance of dying on the second EP due to most of the enemies running away and eating vulneraries due to damage done to them by Melty, Lancelot, and Barst.

With that, 1 Hp Barst can finish Shiharam with a Wrath Crit, and Melty can arrive. It was a grueling chapter, but one I am reasonably fond of.

I have to admit that Melty was really useful here and that I'm glad I listened to you guys who requested her. Sure, I might have gotten away with using Cormag here, but he would take something ridiculous like 20 damage from the blizzard tome, not to mention the fact that the Bolganone sage would rip him apart if he got the chance. Plus, as yet unpromoted, he did have one less move than the Meltster.

Next chapter I am back to my old tricks of 30-50 turn counts and keeping risks taken to a minimum. I recruited Samto in this chapter, who will promote after gaining a level to an almost identical clone of Navarre, the sword master I recruit before the following chapter.

Youtube Link (8 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43TcqhVXU0

Chapter 20 Completed
MVP: Barst (Honorable mention to Melty and Lancelot)
Gold remaining: 28000

Chapter 21: "Toppling Tauroneo" aka "Why can't I just recruit this guy again?"

As I expected, I had to revert back to my usual snail's pace for this chapter (and it shows in the video length, nearly double the length of the last video). Overall, this one was pretty easy. Ena wasn't even that hard, and Kasatai was a joke. Tauroneo was the only difficult part of this chapter, although he is pretty damn tough.

There wasn't much strategy involved in the first half: just send lances against the myrms and swords against the fighters/warriors while protecting both thieves. The sleep bishops were really starting to get on my nerves, though. Cormag and Samto promoted in the first half both by reaching level 21, which was a huge help for the rest of the chapter.

From the point where the bridge to the main "island" is crossed to where the throne room is entered is actually really difficult. The thief appears and you have to kill him or at least block the southern door or risk losing the goodies. Meanwhile, Tauroneo is trying to murder you and you risk getting pincered by two groups of knights (sound familiar? Chapter 7). Lancelot once again filled the tank niche here, and walled against the knights and sniper to protect the flank of the rest of the team while they baited and surrounded Tauroneo. Promoted Wyvern Lord Cormag was sufficient to fly around the knights equipped with the full guard and block the thief.

All the same, Tauroneo proved to be as ferocious as a cornered animal. I was able to steal the occult scroll, although it required me to use a laguz stone to get Nevermore's speed up to 15. After that, surrounding Tauroneo looked easy compared to the Herculean task of actually killing him. I chipped and healed a little bit, but I had to make certain he did not get below half health on enemy phase or else he would completely destroy everything in sight with Resolve. Seriously though, that thing is ridiculous, he was looking at doing 37x2 damage to Barst with Resolve and the Silver Blade. That's like Ashnard level shit right there. No wonder this guy is so useful in normal 0% growths runs; I have yet to see how 48 damage 20+ speed resolve Tauroneo could ever be killed as a player unit. Stick Vantage on him and surely he's invincible? Oh well, in any case, those are the kind of things I have to pass up on an enemy recruitment run like this. I had to make sure Barst had a hand axe equipped on EP (almost guaranteed miss) to ensure that Tauroneo didn't trigger resolve and was left with 27 hp for player phase. On player phase I chipped him some more, but still had to rely on blatant RNG manipulation to hit him even with Barst's Basilikos.

A random digression here:
I'm convinced in the superiority of Axes as a weapon type. Sure, they have some serious AS loss in earlygame, but most enemies have 0 AS in earlygame and very few reach 4. Once competent axe users come along, their superiority becomes even more obvious: high STR means little AS loss and even higher damage added to axes' already ridiculous damage output. When you add the fact that +hit -wt and +mt forges are stupidly cheap for steel axes, it really is clear that they are the superior weapon type.

Ok, back to the topic. Taking down Ena proved to be fairly easy if somewhat arduous. Cormag could do decent damage with the laguz lance and was the only lance user that could survive one round from Ena (even Melty was doubled due to high wt of laguz lance) and his extra durability proved necessary. After that, it was mostly chip with the snipers and with Samto's laguzslayer, with useless units doing the rescuing. Unfortunately, since Lazindar missed his elthunder attack, I was forced to rely on another shaky hit from Barst to pull this one off (this one wasn't rigged this time). If Lazindar had only hit, I could have possibly have one of the lance users finish the job; both of which had much better hit rates.

I must say, Lazindar has been a terrible disappointment. He's essentially just a second healer, sure he can put the hurt on knights but he doesn't double anything else and his damage output is mediocre. I thought he was going to be great but he's turned out to be a failure so far. I mean, other units like Ranoff I expected to be useless, but Lazindar definitely wins the award for most disappointing. (Joe, Leo, Nevermore, and Melty are in the running for most surprisingly good unit).

I picked up Navarre, who is basically a Samto clone (actually it is the other way around). Both should be decent, but I'm not expecting too much since Navarre is level 6 and stat wise the equivalent of a just promoted level 20 generic like Samto or Barst. Anyway, the New Mystery Brigade (Navarre, Samto, Barst) should be leading the pack for the next few chapters, with some help from Melty, Cormag, and Lancelot.

Next chapter is the priest one, not too hard by any means since I plan to slaughter the priests and enjoy it. Actually, on second thought, that goddess staff could be useful, I'll have to think about it. Anyway, I pick up an improved version of Mordekill next chapter that could finally be the first person I get with stats that are better than 20/1.

Youtube Link Long Version (16 Minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-HhI1iGk_4

Youtube Link Fast Version (9 Minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxlrrGoF0R8

Chapter 21 Completed
MVP: Barst (Honorable mention to Cormag and Lancelot)

Dishonorable Mention: Lazindar
Gold remaining: 22000

Chapter 22: "Cheez-its"

Ok, so every video I've ever seen of this chapter makes some comment about how the original title "Solo" is stupid and makes no sense and is totally irrelevant to the chapter. I decided to jump on the bandwagon and name my title something totally irrelevant as well: "Cheez-its". That's about as random as it gets.

Anyway, I opted to take the long route for this chapter, mainly because without any long range magic the only alternative would have been to kill the bolting sage and just bolting Schaeffer with Lazindar until the boss dies, but I would much rather have the goodies here including the Ashera Staff, which I have a feeling I will be needing for endgame. But fret not, all the tedious shoving of priests has been edited out.

This chapter was really easy as long as I kept enough firepower on each side to kill the thieves when they appear. This was extra important because Nevermore is no longer fast enough to steal from the thieves, meaning that I had to kill them before they snagged 2 chests. The sword masters performed remarkably well in this regard; their offense was pretty devastating, especially to the axe users. Hell, they even doubled a transformed cat.

There really isn't much else to say about this chapter strategically aside from the boss. I mean, Barst being able to OHKO mages and have reliable hit on sword masters with his forged steel axe Basilikos was helpful, but at the pace I progressed at there wasn't much threat of anyone dying, especially after the sage ran out of boltings.

Schaeffer was kind of a pain with his ranged and close combat killer weapons. I ended up just throwing my sword masters at him to chip him down, and luckily none of them were critted. Schaeffer did pull that colossus thing where he jumps like 20 ft into the air to attack, which was pretty cool since I had never seen it before in this game.

In this chapter, I picked up an upgraded version of Mordekill. He is the first unit that I get that should be able to match most endgame enemies in stats. I mean, Barst and the Swordmasters are nice but they just won't cut it for very long. Compared to the sword masters, this new Feral Tiger has 8 more defense, 11 more HP, 7 more Strength, and only 2-3 less speed, not to mention the extra 2 move. If that's not a step up then I don't know what is.

Next chapter, I recruit a feral cat to join the newly recruited tiger. Unlike Ranoff, this new cat should become a contributing member of my party. The Bridge shouldn't be too bad (although it will surely be harder than this chapter), however killing Haar and Petrine will be challenging (but not as hard as killing Tauroneo). I might have to hand the tiger the full guard to protect against Petrine's flame lance, but I will wait until after the ballistas have been cleared out for that.

Youtube Link (10:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40NKq-dU71w

Chapter 22 Completed
MVP: Navarre and Samto (I usually don't give joint-MVP awards, but I really have a hard time telling which is which between these two.)
Gold remaining: 22000

Chapter 23: "The Not-so-Great Bridge" aka "Where are the traps?"

GFEE01-56_zpsdf52e55d.png

Check out the swag in this starting formation

Ok, first off a word about this chapter's audio. My favorite piece of Fire Emblem music of all time is Determination from FE8. This chapter's theme is a remix of "Determination" and "Truth, Despair, and Hope" that I created myself a while ago. In addition to these being two of my favorite themes, I noticed a few rhythmic similarities between them so I tried to mix them together. Like my sprites, it's nothing spectacular really. But hey, I dabble.

Ok, so this chapter I try to play for "efficiency", that is not a strict LTC per se but not my usual lolligagging either. As a rough approximation for the turn counts I should have when I am trying to minimize them (which has basically just been chapter 20 and 23 so far), I am using 2*Espinosa's turn count. The factor of two is to account for the lack of Reyson, but I should probably allow myself higher turn counts due to weaker party members. In any case, going by this rule as it is I matched the predicted turn count for chapter 20 (4 turns), but for this chapter I am at 10 when the expected is 8 using that rule.

Oh well, it isn't really that bad considering I wasn't even trying to LTC. My goal was to kill Petrine before Haar caught up so I wouldn't have to deal with him and I succeeded.

For some reason the traps never triggered here. It might have something to do with the fact that my guys are enemy generics or maybe with the fact that I had to beat this chapter on a level mod to recruit Robin. In any case, there was nothing I could do about it though it made things easier and saved me the hassle of checking for traps.

I basically just rushed everyone down the bridge. Muahaharim and the two sword masters did most of the fighting, with the two fliers hurdling barriers to take out mages and the such. Muahaharim is insanely good as expected; he could one round most enemies on the bridge.

To deal with the sword master and myrmidon reinforcements, I planted Lancelot to distract them as long as necessary. He ended up killing all of them and wounding the cavs. He fit the role of the rearguard pretty well here.

When approaching the boss, Muahaharim plugs the hole and the sword masters barely survive getting ganged up on. After that it is easy to clean them up and I move on to Petrine.

Petrine is brutally difficult, at 23 def and spd she'll double everyone except Navarre and one round everyone except Navarre, Lazindar, Barst, and full guard Muahaharim, the latter three of which are left with only 2 HP. Navarre gets a lucky crit and the others chip away, leaving Navarre to deal the finishing hit on the following turn. The recover staff came in handy here for healing Barst.

Hubert and Robin Hood chipped pretty well with their laguz bows, and sniper leo attacked maybe once, but I seriously doubt any of them will see the light of combat again.

With Physic and the ability to survive 2 hits from Petrine, Lazindar was somewhat useful here, at least more so than Whryse, but being a Sage he struggles from severe AS when equipped with a decent tome like Elthunder (which is why I should have forged him a thunder tome a while ago like someone suggested).

Next chapter my preliminary strategy is to cut a path for the fliers with Muahaharim and the feral cat I got this chapter (who has even better stats than Muahaharim) and arrive as quickly as possible (maybe 6 or 7 turns going by the rule is what I can shoot for).

Youtube Link (13.5 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgxuIKKi0qI

Chapter 23 Completed:
Gold remaining: 17000
MVP: Navarre and Muahaharim

Chapter 24: "Botched Ballistae" aka "Why U No Shoot?"

This was my favorite chapter so far! Not only did I manage to 5 turn it, surpassing my original expectations for a 6-7 turn clear, but I also succeeded in getting both the Nihil and Savior scrolls from both villages. Don't worry, I am definitely going to begin using all my scrolls and stat boosters VERY soon.

This chapter went really well. I sent the two beasts Ulfran and Muahaharim to try to cut a path for the fliers, but in reality what they were used for was mostly just clearing out the initial area and defending the healers from being overrun. The main job of the cats, Lancelot, Barst, and the healers was really to keep the heat away from the two sword masters as they progressed north towards the Savior scroll.

I really should have just sent everyone that wasn't a flier north for the best chance of success but it didn't really matter much in the long run.

Also, since apparently my hacking/cheat codes screwed up the AI for ballistas (this glitch was also present in chapter 23 though it had less effect there- I wonder if the rocks will drop next chapter?), it was pretty useless to slap the full guard on Melty. In retrospect it would have been a better move to give it to Cormag, which might have saved a turn. Probably not since IIRC Melty was 2 spaces away from the arrive square on turn 4, but that probably could have been fixed by moving her each one space more directly towards the arrive point on the first few turns. So yeah, I could have possibly 4 turned this chapter but I'll settle for a 5 turn clear considering I'm not even shooting for lowest possible turn counts here.

Anyway, Cormag barely survived in order to snag the Nihil scroll from the village (he had to use one of my 2 remaining elixir uses the turn before though). Without the full guard on him, I had to wait until the cavalry moved out before placing him within range to prevent him from getting overrun.

Melty met with surprisingly little resistance on her course to arrive in 5 turns (almost in 4). The rest was somewhat routine really, and sort of unnecessary. If I really wanted to redo this chapter I could probably do it in 4 turns with only the two cats and the two fliers, and still manage to pick up both scrolls, but I'm lazy so I'm not going to do that unless people really want to see it.

The two cats are, well, beasts. At 19 spd 20 str Ulfran is slightly better, but with 17 spd 21 str Muahaharim is no slouch either. The two sword masters are still going strong although Barst is starting to fall behind (he was doubled by a silver sword paladin). Lancelot has been relegated to picking off weak enemies and doing rescue duty. Both fliers are awesome as long as I am careful with them. Lazindar is starting to become slightly more useful as a physic healer who can survive 1 hit from most people (Whryse is ORKO'd by anything at this point).

I picked up Muston, a burly Berserker this chapter. While his STR-SPD combo is not quite as deadly as Muahaharim's, Muston is definitely better than Barst. The ability to use high level axes might help him, though he only starts at C. Whatever, the only reason I got him was because he was a Berserker and Berserkers are cool.

Youtube Link (10.5 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivF5EpjgJlw

Chapter 24 Completed
Gold Remaining: 17000
MVP: Cormag and Melty

Chapter 25: "Gromell Grovels for Mercy" aka "It's a Trap! Oh wait, never mind, no it isn't, the rocks don't work" aka "Just throw the Damn Rocks at me Already!!!"

GFEE01-62_zps6133e5f6.png

In case you haven't noticed yet I'm kind of obsessed with making my starting formation as symmetrical as possible. Notice the Paladin leading the charge, with the beasts in one row, axe users in the second, swords in the third with healers in the interior and fliers in the back. It's a terrible starting formation gameplaywise but it looks cool.

This chapter took me quite a few turns since I wasn't trying to minimize them. I made the mistake of sending in both healers without a heal/mend staff, so I was forced to waste a few more physic/recover uses than I would have liked. Also, I haven't mentioned this until now, but Ike's convoy ability seems to have been disabled since the first few chapters. The convoy can still supply items, Ike just cannot withdraw them during battle.

As I expected, the rocks never triggered either. This meant that the group of enemies manning the rocks on the east side were inaccessible, something I did not realize until after I had split up my party. Luckily, only Lazindar and the two SMs were sent up the right side, so I didn't lose too much manpower.

Gromell was an asspain; he flew around hitting my weaker units and wasting many good healing staves for much of the chapter before I could surround him and kill him. Lazindar, since he got the 2 spirit dusts from the convoy before the battle started (I couldn't think of any better use for them) could damage Gromell significantly, although he was barely doubled by Gromell's 17 speed. Resolve activates on Gromell, which is little more than a minor annoyance since it doesn't increase his damage with the bolt axe and therefore I didn't have to be careful not to let him get below half hp. It did make him slightly harder to hit for the final blow, however.

The highlights of this chapter as far as enemy recruits were a feral level 12 hawk with 19 strength, skill, and speed as well as 43 hp and 16 def. However, later in the chapter i realized there was a level 14 feral tiger with 47 hp, 25 str, 18 spd, 20 skl, and 21 def. I had planned to get a level 10 warrior going in, but i figure I have enough axes and besides, both of these recruits look much better.

The tiger was obviously the better recruit by far, but with 2 tigers already and no hawks, I planned on getting the hawk for much the same reason that I got Leo: he may not be the strongest recruit possible but at least he offers variety. Recruiting the hawk would give me every class that appears as a non-boss generic enemy (well, at least either the unpromoted or pre promoted versions of each class- I never got soldier for example but I did get halberdier).

I haven't actually done it yet (can't recruit from rout chapters and all), but I think I will be recruiting the hawk. Especially since my goal here wasn't just "pick up the best characters and beat the game as quickly as possible". For much of the game I've tried to get the best characters, the only times I passed up on an obviously better candidate were now and when I selected Leo over an Oswin clone in chapter 9 (and that actually turned out pretty well for me so we'll see). Not to mention Melty of course, but I had to be talked into that one.

Speaking of Melty, her combat is pretty lacking now. Granted, I haven't given her any forges since her Gungnir broke, but her accuracy sucks an she isn't doubling everything anymore. I don't anticipate I'll be deploying her anymore unless there's a map that obviously presents a major advantage with an 11 move flier/rescuer.

Youtube Link (9.5 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8P2i5baUik

Chapter 25 Completed

Gold Remaining: 10000

MVP: Muahaharim (honorable mention to Cormag)

Chapter 26: "My Preciousssssssss"

This chapter encourages low manning, so I decided to shoot for a low turn clear rather than bringing filler units that would just be a liability when being under attack from all sides. Cormag gets the savior scroll and a forged silver lance to help protect him when rescuing others and kill the boss, respectively. The full guard starts on him, but switches to Hols a few times. Melty is still relatively safe from danger with her shade scroll, which is the only reason I can still deploy her without her getting slaughtered.

I send the three fliers, the two feral beasts, and the two sword masters northwest. I was initially planning to bring Lazindar too for healing and bosskilling but that didn't work out. Therefore, I was forced to use Whryse to handle all the healing, which required all three ashera staff uses. A small entourage forms around Whryse in the event that an enemy runs toward him (and one foolish warrior does and is promptly snuffed out by Lazindar, Muston and Barst).

Then, my group runs north. Even with savior, Cormag is forced to drop Navarre to protect his flank from an attack. Hols pulls a few lucky dodges and the dumb enemy AI ensures that I survive. The next turn, I can position my units near Bertram (Gollum). They survive again, again with a bit of luck. Next player phase, I get a lucky crit that enables me to kill Gollum on EP.

Bertram is extremely difficult to kill in such a short amount of time due to his high spd and defense. With his forged might and hit silver lance, Cormag can do 12 damage per turn and survive 2 hits. Without one of the sword master crits (6 damage becomes 18), I wouldn't have been able to pull off the 5 turn bosskill.

You may notice I ended the chapter after the boss was dead when this was actually a seize map. Well, since the rules prohibit Ike from being in a position where he can get attacked, all seize maps have been, in effect, defeat boss maps.

At the end of this chapter, due to popular vote (not really, it was kind of a fiasco so I just ended up RNG'ing it), I recruit Glen, an upgraded Cormag whose increased stats will come in handy in chapter 27.

Youtube Link (9 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyZgFmqavx4

Chapter 26 Completed:

MVP: Cormag

Chapter 27: "Killer Runesword" aka "Astra with a side of Gruel" aka "Ike OHKO's Burger King"

This chapter was grueling. That's the only way I can describe it: grueling. I tried to go at a reasonably fast pace but the enemies bottlenecked me and it didn't work out (hence the 20 turn count). There was a slim chance I could have ended around chapter 10 by having Cormag gamble crit the boss and run away on two back to back turns, but I was determined to get the resolve scroll and the fortify couldn't hurt.

I probably could have pulled some shenanigans like pulling back and approaching from the sides while one person decoys all the enemies, but I didn't feel like trying at that point. This chapter took me over 3 hours of footage to beat (not to mention over an hour to edit) and the final product before I sped it up was 50 minutes long (for comparison, the average video is like 20 minutes before I speed it up. So anyway, that's why this one is really fast and why there really isn't much impressiveness going on.

I still pulled a few nice moves like blocking the middle chamber from the back and having some fliers raid the chests on both sides, as well as getting Glen into the boss chamber before it went on lockdown. In hindsight, since there were no canto'ers in the boss' room, it might have been possible to just form a line on the interior of the door and then shoot for the boss, but that would have been annoying and the siege tomes probably would have fucked that up anyway.

Glen got the corrosion and gamble scrolls for this chapter. Gamble was useful a few times, but corrosion was useless. I forgot that it was shit in this game (in FE10 it is pretty good, practically an insta-disarm). The two sword masters were on fire: Samto critted everything with the Runesword (seriously, I think every time he used the Runesword he critted) and Navarre went nuts with Astra and crits. Astra is absurdly broken in this game, I mean it's a x2.5 modifier each with a good chance to crit (due to the SM crit bonus). That's a possibility of a x7.5 damage modifier (x15 if you are using a brave sword).

Hols got savior (since most of my laguz are terrible occult scroll candidates because Roar is the worst skill in the came), which helped once or twice.

The boss here is a complete idiot: he switches to spear for close combat despite the fact that he does twice as much damage with the brave lance. Furthermore, he doesn't have an elixir, so he goes down in 3 quick hits of Glen's forged silver lance (plus a finishing blow by Hols).

I thought it was funny to watch 127 strength Ike kill the BK in one 110-damaging hit, so I included that part at the end

The last two chapters have been where enemy scaling starts to go through the roof, which is why they have been so difficult. That should continue in chapter 28, where I am gonna have to figure out how to kill that Red Dragon (or, more likely, just have Tibarn clear out the chapter again). As for endgame, well I have a plan for endgame *cue demonic laughter*.

Youtube Link (13 minutes):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSoF1YfJYIc

Chapter 27 Completed:

MVP: Glen

Chapter 28: "Who invited Naesala?" aka "Impractical Crit Rigging" aka "Tibarn Rapes FE9 part 2"

First off, this video isn't really 15 and a half minutes long. It is really only 12. For some reason the uploader had issues and I can't seem to fix it.

This chapter was not too bad, especially compared to chapter 27. Chapter 28 was mostly just a matter of cleaning up the enemies in the starting area and letting Tibarn do the rest. A few fliers accompanied him to help clear a path and try to draw people off of him, but they weren't as useful as I hoped so Tibarn basically stole the show. Makes me feel bad for killing him off in that other video to get his death quotes. To make up for it, I give Tibarn the MVP even though it usually only goes to PCs (well, you know what I mean, playable characters as in nonplayable characters that I made playabe). Amusingly, Naesala showed up on the map as an other unit (who did nothing but run away like the cowardly dastard he is) as well as his soldier/guard guise who transformed into a kilvas raven. Yeah, it was pretty weird, but it was amusing to see both Tibarn and Naesala on the same battlefield here.

As per the rules, the level 16 Red Dragon was moved out of the boss' range (for recruitment later) and this chapter was considered over when the boss was dead. I made 2 endings here for shits and giggles: the first one was a 5 turn clear that required me to fabricate 2 crits at 5% each, so yeah that was far from legitimate. In order for myself to be able to sleep at night, I also recorded a legitimate and reliable 6 turn ending. Ordering Tibarn around was a tricky process, but not as tricky as it would have been beating this chapter without Tibarn (it probably would have taken twice as long). Interestingly, if I had Tibarn move on the stairs diagonal to the boss, the sage would block the boss and cost me another turn, but if Tibarn moved to the space below it (further away from the boss), the sage would attack at one range and suicide, allowing me to kill the boss on the turn 6 EP. Also bizarrely, the boss doesn't always attack first here so I had to retreat my fliers to safety on the last turn of the 6 turn ending.

Melty and Glen did great in holding that center forest clearing, and Cormag contributed too. That central forest area would have served as a base for the fliers to attack me if I hadn't claimed it, not to mention Tibarn would have been overrun. Melty performed well all things considered; her flame lance did key chip and she was the only flier who could ORKO the meteor sage (Glen and Cormag were too slow).

The rest of my party did quite well. Lazindar found his niche, physic'ing and doing decent damage with his effective weapons. He never did get to use that thunder forge but whatever. Whryse used a fortify at a key time, but come to think of it a lot of weapons remained unused. The two sword masters did phenomenally well, and the new recruit Kyzar wasn't spectacular due to his inability to fly, but he helped choke a few key points.

Well, this is the last real chapter for this run anyway, the next one shall be… something special… BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Youtube Link (12:15):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28BvsCpAvM

Chapter 28 Completed:
MVP: Tibarn (Honorable Mention to Glen and Melty)

Endgame: "Not Your Typical Anticlimactic Ending… BWAHAHAHAHA" aka "Ashnard (Ablaze)" aka "FE7 Endgame: Light" aka "Ashnard vs. the Fire Dragon: Battle of the Bosses (Spoiler Alert: I win)"

So, I have discovered a 100% reliable way to beat endgame on this run!!!! *laughs demonically*

Your initial reaction might be similar to Nasir's: "What, are you crazy?", but trust me, It'll all work out in the end. BWAHAHAHAHA!

ScreenShot2013-07-26at121308AM_zps0dcfe6

Nasir's response when I decide not to call in a laguz royal for reinforcements might be better suited for FE13 Lunatic+ players.

Chapter 22 might be titled "Solo", but this chapter is the true Solo. The final boss of this chapter is a fire dragon. But wait Walhart, this isn't FE7, the final boss is Ashnard, you say? Well, I'm just gonna show you these stats and let you decide which one looks like the final boss.

GFEE01-66_zps6d8391c2.pngGFEE01-65_zpsc78e1196.pngGFEE01-67_zps6abc971a.png

Yeah, that's what I thought. Flametongue the fire dragon has come through the Dragon's Gate to set Ashnard ablaze (hence why Chaos~Ablaze and Champion~Ablaze are the accompanying audio in part of this chapter) and he has little trouble with it. It may seem anticlimactic, but I find it quite therapeutic to just sit back and let Flametongue destroy anything.

I'm not gonna act like this required any strategy, just slap Resolve and Renewal on him and sit back and watch, but it is possible (albeit very very difficult) to fuck it up. I sold all my extra shit and bought 3 elixirs. Those plus the full guard (bolting sage and all) ensure that anyone with an IQ higher than Andy Warhol could pull this one off.

Highlights from this chapter are at the end and include Flametongue ORKO'ing a fellow Red Dragon, ORKO'ing Regular Ashnard, and doing 72 damage to Berserk Ashnard in one round.

Now that it is all over, stay tuned for an announcement of my next project as well as final character thoughts and tier lists, as well as a custom epilogue (since the in-game one explodes) and a video of highlights for the entire run! Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoyed Walhart!FE9!

Youtube Link (8:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iigCfmlS0

Endgame Completed!!!!!

MVP: Flametongue

Epilogue and Terrible Turncounts:

Youtube Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAarvtlGko

Thanks for watching, everyone! My next project will be coming soon. Stay tuned and check back in a week or so!

Miscellaneous

Hidden Characters' Models and Data: Sanaki, Leanne, Elincia, Sigrun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6HSZmUfIx0

These are some things I came across when screwing around with FE9 AR codes. All other hidden characters either have stats visible within the regular story or their map sprite and stats do not appear during the game. Examples of the former are Sephiran and Black Knight and examples of the latter include Zelgius and Caineghis.

All four of the characters in this video are extremely glitchy (as in, the game freezes if I so much as try to equip them). They show evidence of different stages of development; some have custom affinities, weapon ranks, and names while others don't. Sigrun looks as if she was intended to be playable (or at least appear on a map) with semi-believable stats, custom name and weapon ranks. None of these people have battle animations but apparently Elincia has a staff animation. Leanne does not have a chant ability and she does have a transform animation, but her appearance does not change upon transformation nor do her stats.

Edited by Walhart

and who thought that this would be too hard, hmm?

Haha yeah the hacking took me a while but it really wasn't that bad. Most of the trouble I had was finding good tools for mac. Eventually, I ended up just emulating a trial version of Windows 8 and it was easy as pie from there with all of Vincent's and Espinosa's tips. The actual hex editing was a breeze once I figured out what I was doing.

THIS LOOKS

AWESOME...

Glad you think so! I think it'll be fun too! I am worried about it not getting much attention since the mods moved it to the FE9 boards but hopefully I fixed that problem by linking to it in my sig.

In any case, hopefully this'll be worth putting the Luna+ walkthrough on hold!

Edited by Walhart

So I beat Chapter 3 fairly easily. I had to exhaust all of my vulneraries and elixirs (won't be getting a healer until chapter 6) and use some strategies like manipulating the AI a bit, getting one lucky dodge, and savestates to get lucky enough to kill Havetti with just Greil, since anyone else would get destroyed.

Chapter 4 looks ridiculous. Not sure if I can beat it without bending the rules or employing some serious shenanigans. The next few chapters will probably be the hardest in the game, so we'll see how it goes.

That's a great twist, looks very fresh! Good to see you got this seemingly complicated concept into playable form.

No bosses but non-boss enemies are fine? I'm sure you won't permit yourself to play as Naesala and the BK, though.

That's a great twist, looks very fresh! Good to see you got this seemingly complicated concept into playable form.

Thanks!

No bosses but non-boss enemies are fine? I'm sure you won't permit yourself to play as Naesala and the BK, though.

Oops, fixed that so that it is clear that only generics can be recruited. Thanks for pointing that out.

Since it seems I incorrectly recorded Chapter 3 with Dolphin, it seems that I will have to replay and re-record Chapter 3. But don't fear; I can guarantee it will be properly recorded, converted, and uploaded within 6 hours of this post. And I will give Chapter 4 a shot either tonight or tomorrow. Once I figure out how to record properly this shouldn't be a problem again.

I might as well ask this now, anyone have any suggestions on how I can pull off Chapter 4? Without any healing I doubt I can even kill Maijin, never mind survive the masses of enemies that will be attacking me.

Also, not a big deal but I'm gonna give Ike max DEF to ensure that he isn't attacked on chapters where he is forced.

Edited by Walhart

Chapter 3? What happened to the others? I must've missed the links to the vids

Not to be one of those people that answers a question by quoting themselves but:

- This LP starts at chapter 3, due to difficulty with getting extra units on the battlefield for the first 2 chapters. 1 generic has been recruited from each of the chapters 1 and 2

Yeah I tried but for some reason on chapters 1 and 2 it won't let Greil or anyone else on the battlefield they just kind of stand awkwardly on the sidelines.

Edited by Walhart

psst

0% growths run?

(take your time, just kidding)

Ok, so I finally finished and uploaded Chapter 3. It took me way longer this time than the first time I beat it, mostly due to my getting a lot less lucky with Havetti. Anyway, it is 21 minutes and it's already been sped up. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to capture the audio, so I just overlayed an mp3 of the map theme for the chapter, hopefully that isn't a problem. Tomorrow, I will add a higher quality video, in addition to a shorter one (same video just sped up by a factor of 2). Do you guys think 21 minutes is too long or a decent length for a chapter like chapter 3?

My text commentary for the video was ehhh... but they'll get better. I'm planning on talking about both strategy and general thoughts on the characters, while including a few random jokes, a ton of random references and the such for entertainment purposes. Obviously, I'm not going to do anything as extensive as my other LP strategy-wise since I doubt anyone else will be doing a run exactly like this one.

Took a preliminary look at Chapter 4 and it might be possible (probably not). I know who I am going to recruit, I just have to figure out what to do about my nonexistent healing.

Edited by Walhart

What are you doing about Ashnard?

The chapter before I get a level 15~17 Red Dragon that can probably take him down. I calculated the damage he would do and he can do like 10 damage a turn, more than enough to kill Ashnard with healing support. I am going to have to save 2 speedwings to make sure Ashnard doesn't totally destroy him, which kind of sucks since I didn't get the one in Chapter 2 for some reason. I'm thinking of hacking it back in since I would have gotten it if the game let me (I think the only reason I didn't was because I traded a steel axe between enemies to make killing off Titania easier). I'm not going to hack in the Angelic Robe, since there is no way I would have gotten it with only Greil (although, I might need to add that in too if I can't beat Chapter 4 otherwise).

Edited by Walhart

did you hack out ashnard's immunity?

Errr... no. Didn't realize I had to do that. I figured that if Ena could hurt him then my Generic Red Dragon could, but I'll take your word for it. I can presumably do it fairly easily since IIRC Dolphin should still be able to load my old saves even if I edit the ISO again. I'll do it later since I really don't feel like going through the process again right now. Just for future reference, what exactly is his immunity? Is it a skill or something?

Edited by Walhart

HD Versions of Chapter 3 (both 1x and 2x speeds) uploaded. Still haven't figured out a way to stream the audio (Dolphin's dump audio feature isn't being cooperative). How important is the audio to you guys, should I figure something out or is just overlaying the battle theme like I did with Chapter 3 acceptable (polls added)?

Edit: I hacked in the Seraph Robe and Speedwings that I missed (had to level mod to chapter 10 to get a chest key and then to chapter 13 to get the speedwing since the ar code wasn't working and Ike couldn't solo chapter 2, so that took me a while).

In any case, with these additions, chapter 4 should be doable (EDIT: HAHA Remember when I thought Chapter 4 was doable without Cheating HAHA that's a good one) and I am currently working on conquering it! Check back later to see it!

Edited by Walhart

his immunity (i believe) is tied to him as a character (similar to the black knight) but don't take my word for that and figure it out

Ok, thanks. I'll check that out at some point before i get close to endgame. I wonder where it is stored? I don't have the best understanding of character data since I mostly just searched for the growths, but it can't be too hard.