Walhart's FE9 0% Growths Hard Mode Enemy Recruits Only Video LP!

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which video is a better length for Chapter 3?

• I like the full length version (21 mins), it is sped up perfectly
    • I like the fast version (10:37), it is the right length but no content is lost
    • It should be longer than 21 mins and less sped up
    • It should be shorter than 10 mins and more sped up
    • Upload both the full versions and fast versions even if that means updates will take longer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also speaking from personal experience 0% growth PK is generally pretty useful

And by experience I mean not training Florina because laziness

I suppose. I really should have recruited that lvl 12 wyvern back in chapter 11 though when I was dumb and recruited a thief, not knowing that Ravens had steal.

What is up SF? :B): Chapter 18, that's what's up. Because who doesn't love fighting in a frozen wasteland?

Edit: For some reason Youtube cut off the last four minutes of the chapter 18 video. I am working to fix this as we speak, but it is gonna take a little while. If you notice this with any of the other videos,, I'd appreciate it if you could please bring it to my attention since, although there's not much I can do since the files are all gone, I'd like to know at the very least.

Edited by Walhart

Yeah, I tried to restore the deleted files but I didn't have any luck. Sorry, but the ending of chapter 18 is just gonna stay cut off, because even the saves were deleted. Again, I apologize for that, but there's nothing I can do about it. On the bright side, I'm starting chapter 19!

Edited by Walhart

Oh well, it happens. Hopefully there won't be any additional issues in the recording and uploading of this LP.

That's what I'm hoping. I'm pretty sure all the bugs are worked out, I think the issue just arose due to lack of hard drive space which I fixed by deleting files (and it turns out those were the files needed to reupload the video). Oh well, it isn't a big deal; I haven't had any technical difficulties since the first chapter and I'm pretty happy with that.

Edited by Walhart

Umm, when I recommended the peg, I was assuming you'd BEXP her to promo and give her good forges :P. Also, why no thunder forge on that Sage?

Edited by PKL

Umm, when I recommended the peg, I was assuming you'd BEXP her to promo and give her good forges :P. Also, why no thunder forge on that Sage?

Yeah I realize that's why most people recommended her. BEXP was banned, I should have been more clear about that. Also, as for both forges, by the time I remembered to trade the lance to the PK and forge the tome it was too late. I did forge her a really good javelin for the next chapter though (and aside from that and the forged iron lance I already had, her low STR means there weren't really any better forges that she could put to good use).

Oh well, it only took her an extra chapter or two to promote, and she should still be pretty useful, so we'll see. But yeah, you're right, I might have messed that up a little.

Chapter 20 was brutally difficult. It was probably the hardest chapter since chapter 4 (and the hardest legitimate chapter XD). I tried doing it the usual way once but got swarmed by cantoing wyvern riders so I gave up on that. I ended up taking a page out of Espinosa's book by trying to 4 turn this chapter. The lack of Reyson (and Stefan) meant that I had to shoot for a 4 turn rather than 2 turn clear, and I had to get really creative (and more than a little lucky) to pull it off (and yeah, having the PK was a HUGE help). In the end, I had to waste a ton of goodies (Shade, Vantage, Wrath scrolls as well as Seraph Robe, 2 Dracoshields, Boots), but it was worth it since I don't see myself doing this chapter any other way.

Anyway, an update will come either really late tonight or around midday tomorrow, as usual.

Edited by Walhart

How did all those wyverns not end up killing that lone peg O_O

I can't believe it actually worked either :awesome: ! I've had strategies before that looked good on paper and didn't work out, but this one actually went over pretty well.

The shade scroll can work wonders when you have someone who can take hits baiting. I'm actually surprised it isn't used more often for this sort of thing.

Edited by Walhart

Oh wow that's actually a nice plan.

Thanks! Like I said, I stole the general idea from Espinosa (so I can't take credit for the whole "fly over and and drop a melee unit next to the sage while someone else baits" part) but I had to modify it in order for it to work with my crappy units (I added the shade scroll as well as the physic among other things).

Edited by Walhart

Just for reference sake, now that you have started using skills on your characters maybe you could update the character list again stating who got which skills?

Yep, no problem. I will do the same for statboosters.

Edited by Walhart

Chapter 22 is up (10 and a half minutes)! I also added a fast version (9 minutes) of chapter 21 because apparently 16 was too long for most people to bother watching (no problem, I totally understand that). Both the fast and long versions of chapter 21 have links in the chapter 21 section.

Currently working on rearranging the chapter sections a bit (links are now after the chapter writeup) and updating the characters section.

Edited by Walhart

I liked Chapter 21 and watched the long version because I like seeing every single move you do. I like how the team you have now is so varied. Also, pegs 4 life. I think most of the things you did this chapter were going to be a lot more frustrating without dem fliers.

I liked Chapter 21 and watched the long version because I like seeing every single move you do. I like how the team you have now is so varied.

It makes me really happy to hear that people watch the long versions! Apparently most people shared your sentiment since the fast version accumulated only one view, so I won't bother making fast versions now unless people request them.

I also find it a lot more fun when playing with a varied team. I've been planning to get a variety of classes since I started this run (although some things popped up like the halberdier duo, sniper duo, and swordmaster duo). By the end, I will have used every class except the following:

- Lord

- Bow/Axe Knight

- Cleric and Valkyrie

- Assassin

- Princess Crimea

- Heron

- Hawk

- Lion

Of these, the only ones that would have been possible for me to get are Lord (if I promoted Greil), Bow/Axe Knight, and Hawk (there are no good enemy hawks anywhere in the game).

Also, pegs 4 life. I think most of the things you did this chapter were going to be a lot more frustrating without dem fliers.

Yeah, the fliers were definitely useful. Interestingly, there aren't that many different opportunities to get fliers in this kind of run. No falcos, two PKs in 17-4, a bunch of level 15-19 wyverns in 19 and 20, and only like 2 Wyvern lords level 1-3 (and actually, the wyvern riders have the better stats). In any case, I am really glad I picked up the fliers to help with missions like that.

Update: I uploaded a characters video for the small subset of people that watch the videos but don't visit this topic. It is the exact same thing as the descriptions under the characters section (in fact it is just a compilation of screenshots of this forum topic), so if you read the characters section, there is no need to watch the characters videos.

Chapter 24 is up (10.5 minutes). I managed to 5 turn it and snag both scrolls from both villages, so I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Since apparently my hacking/cheat codes screwed up the AI for ballistas (this glitch was also present in chapter 23 though it had less effect there- I wonder if the rocks will drop next chapter?), it was pretty useless to slap the full guard on Melty. I could have possibly 4 turned this chapter if i had known this and given it to Cormag instead but I'll settle for a 5 turn clear considering I'm not even shooting for lowest possible turn counts here.

I had some extra time today. Chapter 25 is up! It's mostly routine, but the rocks refused to fall which made it kinda interesting.

Currently updating characters section.

Ok, so I've been busy lately and haven't had time for an update, but I now have some time to start chapter 26. However, this is being delayed by another recruitment dilemma (definitely my last one since my chapter 27 and 28 recruits are already decided). Like before, I have it narrowed down to a few candidates, and the sooner you guys help me decide who to get the sooner I can start the next chapter. Whoever I choose is going to be my last Beorc character, so they are definitely getting the best forges possible and they are a likely candidate for those 2 arms scroll. Personally, I am leaning towards the swordmaster, but I could definitely be persuaded. I look forward to people's input!

GFEE01-66_zpsb624efc6.pngGFEE01-67_zpsed3c0a9d.png

Pros:

-Getting another Brave sword is nice (best weapon out of the three recruit candidates)

-B rank allows him to use brave sword (with which he will be probably x4 hitting since his high speed), plus it means he is close to being able to use silver sword forges

-High-ish STR, can use brave sword without AS loss

-Ridiculous Speed, will double pretty much anything

-Skill means he isn't likely to have issues hitting

-not a bad candidate for occult/resolve scroll

-best candidate offense-wise

Cons:

-Already have 2 swordmasters (and variety is more important than stats as evidenced by my choosing the hawk over another tiger last chapter)

-Locked to one weapon type

-Pretty pathetic defense

-Lowest movement of the candidates

GFEE01-70_zps40dbbf1f.png

GFEE01-71_zps099dd663.png

Pros:

-Good choice for variety (only 1 other paladin will see any use, and Lancelot looks different)

-C ranks in two weapon types (Swords and Axes)

-High move paladin

-axes are a good weapon type

-pretty versatile stats

Cons:

-Low skill and hit rates

-Highest weapon rank is C (no silver/brave weapons for a while if ever)

-comes with pretty bad weapons

GFEE01-68_zps3acbb285.pngGFEE01-69_zps051d409b.png

Pros:

-A rank lances is great and silver lance is decent

-Flying and 9 move can't hurt

-Tremendous defense and strength

-Best variety choice (only one other wyrm recruited in the whole run)

-Could possibly replace Cormag as flier/rescuedropper

-Can use steel axes for secondary weapon type

Cons:

-Awful Speed

-Flying not that useful in remaining maps

-Would compete with hawk and other fliers for full guard and savior scroll

-Weaknesses to bows and wind

-Aid is not enough to carry some of the heavier laguz

Edited by Walhart