Is It Just Me? Or is FE2`s RNG Cheap?

Naglfar94

post-8375-0-28324000-1372297917_thumb.pngpost-8375-0-28324000-1372297917_thumb.pngI`m still playing Gaiden but I`ve been having many problems with its RNG I mean its so ridiculous how many times I miss my hits compared to the enemy and my characters have quite high hit why so many misses? I`m stuck on Alm`s route now as the random paladin fights are costing me not even save states are helping :( almost everyone gets double attacked by the cavaliers and no one can do decent damage except Ruka but the layout of the map and the fact I`m ambushed does not help me to get any close to victory darn game if only if I would not miss so much hits. I`ll post a picture of the map I`m stuck on.

If I remember correctly, Gaiden's RNG rolls only once while newer games roll twice.

I see so that`s what is going on as I`ve never seen so many hits miss whoo boy this game missing hits happens so very often in this one I think this one has FE5 RNG beat haha I thought that one had it hard I`m gonna get back to passing this map though.

It also doesn't help that the RNG for the first 3 Fire Emblem games is not actually random. This can cause it to behave strangely, especially during level-ups.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/577343-fire-emblem-monshou-no-nazo/62488066

Oh I see. I really noticed growths are quite bad in FE2 too hmm I need to look into this further.

FE1 to FE5 share the same RNG and the displayed hit is what you actually get.

Here's a link for you.

Thanks for the link I took a look at it so that`s why I was having many hit problems in FE2 because the hit rate in battle..er..the hit bar as I see no numbers in battle for gaiden just white bars to show you atk,def etc. runs off 1 RN but still it feels like FE2`s 1 RN is less forgiving than FE3~5 even though they all use the same system.

It also doesn't help that the RNG for the first 3 Fire Emblem games is not actually random. This can cause it to behave strangely, especially during level-ups.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/577343-fire-emblem-monshou-no-nazo/62488066

To be fair, the later games, from what I remember, aren't necessarily random either--they may be better at creating a sense of randomness, but still are not completely random (to the degree most people would consider something random, i.e. every potentiality has an equal chance of occurring with no tending towards one potentiality over another). That is why you're able to manipulate their RNG engine in the first place to fairly predictable degree.

To be fair, the later games, from what I remember, aren't necessarily random either--they may be better at creating a sense of randomness, but still are not completely random (to the degree most people would consider something random, i.e. every potentiality has an equal chance of occurring with no tending towards one potentiality over another). That is why you're able to manipulate their RNG engine in the first place to fairly predictable degree.

True, true. Fighting against maxed magic Swordmasters in wifi has taught me all I need to know about the zaniness of clock abuse.

I guess you could say the RNG is not random in a literal sense, but unless you are actively manipulating the RNs, it is a de-facto randomness. The RNG used in the first three games has a very real impact that (especially in FE3) creates feast-or-famine stat gains in the level ups. Meanwhile, in the GBA games, you really have to go out of your way to manipulate the RNG. (With the exception of the initial preset RN string each chapter, haha)