I almost wish there were some things the media wasn't allowed to talk about

Blademaster!

well it looks like you're using sarcasm to make a murder more justifiable by mocking the people who are outraged by the lack of action?

I know right; goddamn whitey racist bastards killing innocent angels every day of the week and getting off scot-free.

Why hasn't anyone charged zimmerman for killing, because he wanted to, yet? Why the lack of action?

Edited by Constable Reggie

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this was a glorified FFtF thread to begin with.

And now it shouldn't be. If you have anything relevant to say, sans snark, feel free to post it.

Here's something without snarkiness.

What's all this "white" bullshit? George Zimmerman is fucking Hispanic.

And if this causes riots or whatever, well, fuck em. Idiots will be idiots.

Someone obviously wasnt alive during the riots in LA after the Rodney King case.

What's all this "white" bullshit? George Zimmerman is fucking Hispanic.

Hai, i agree. Apparently if your skin isnt brown, you are apparently white despite your background, these days. Talk about making me want to punch small fluffy creatures.

Now, whether or not i find Zimmerman guilty is beside the point. (Spoiler: I think hes guilty. Police instructs you to stay put and you dont...yeah..) But the OP has a good point about how skewed the media has become. The Paula Deen thing is a good example. I find playing Where In The World Is Edward Snowden to be far more pertinent to the world than what some cook said 30 years ago.

I understand the need to cover social issues in the media but the level they are doing so, isnt helping as much as they think. :/ Same goes for internet coverage and junk like that.

Someone obviously wasnt alive during the riots in LA after the Rodney King case.

The Rodney King incidents were extremely clear cut: (extremely) excessive use of police force and assault, here's the important part, captured on video. With such conclusive proof, it's not unreasonable to find it insane that the trials ended the way they did.

With the GZ case, you've got nebulous details and inconclusivity everywhere. We can't know for sure what exactly happened, but people will be idiotic enough to believe what they want to believe, fueled by emotion, and news medias will further strengthen their beliefs by appealing to said emotion.

Also, a bit of misinformation going around. The police didn't tell him to stop following, the police dispatcher (does not have the authority that an officer does) suggested that he doesn't have to. Completely different.

Edited by Constable Reggie

What the fuck am I reading? Holy shit, you guys. This is NOT how we are to act in the serious discussion forum. I'm letting it go this time and simply locking the thread, but if I see this behavior in the future I will warn everyone involved. The post quality in this thread has been abysmal.