Jedi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AyK1_rEWBII

Being a fan of the various DBZ games over the years. I haven't been this hyped for one in quite some time. We've got TEAM BATTLES. I can use Team DB, [Krillin, Tien and Yamcha] and pwn :P among some other cool team fights. I've been WAITING for a mechanic like this so we could have super chaotic DBZ fights with all sorts of team fights and stuff.

We can have like Future Gohan and Future Trunks against both Androids. and have to struggle as Future Gohan against both at once! It's tense and exciting to think of! the Saibaman FFA that Nappa proposed could actually come to light! Krillin's spread shot would be super cool in a team fight.

Gohan and Krillins many tag team fights in the Frieza saga as well.. This will be so cool

I COULD GO ON BUT I"M TOO BUSY FANBOYING

Edited by Jedi

teams of 4? awesooomme

that got me pretty hyped

looks great. tag teams are da best

Looks really amazing. I wonder if certain teams have like special finishers or something.

This will defiantly change the way story mode is played out. Instead of Gohan and Krillin fighting Gludo one at a time they will both fight him at the same time!! I'm going to say this: Online mode is going to be hectic as HFIL!! 4 player team battle!? 8 players on the screen battling at once!? "Calms down" I wonder if there is free for all with all 8 players fighting each other?

This will defiantly change the way story mode is played out. Instead of Gohan and Krillin fighting Gludo one at a time they will both fight him at the same time!! I'm going to say this: Online mode is going to be hectic as HFIL!! 4 player team battle!? 8 players on the screen battling at once!? "Calms down" I wonder if there is free for all with all 8 players fighting each other?

8 way FFA would be amazing. Not to mention bad for the planet xD.

haha now that would be great.

i hope they do some "what if" stories again

It looks like they are doing that route already look at some of the team fight shots. Like against Frieza.

Edited by Jedi

I can imagine some players spamming attacks like spirit bomb or Final Flash at large groups.

I don't think it'll be too easy to do that. 8 people, someone is always going to be dogging your steps unless the others make an effort to distract.

Oh wow. Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin buying time for Goku may be a fight

That actually is an fight in the manga/anime. IIRC Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin hold off Freaza until Goku charges up the Spirit Bomb.

Yep it was. Thats what I was going off of.

Hurray for better ways to tell the story!! Also am I the only one who dosen't find Super Sayain God mode to be all that impressive? It looks likes Kaioken.

It does haha. Speaking of which I'm still annoyed King Kai never taught the Kaioken to anyone other then Goku. Then again, I get annoyed at Z in general when it comes to it eventually shafting my 3 favorites [Krillin, Tien and Yamcha for the record]

Yeah, when the cell saga came in everyone that wasn't a super Sayain or super Namkian was thrown to the side.

Least Tien and Krillin gave Cell acouple good shots before they fell out of it.

To this day I will never understand how two robotic androids were able to beet all Z warriors plus two super Sayain yet, Freeza lost to one super Sayain.

Haha, The Z-Fighters were kinda idiots in the future timeline considering they fought 2 androids 1 on 2.

this looks just like ultimate tenkaichi

which was a colossal failure...

The gameplay style looks akin to more Tenkaichi/Raging Blast then Ultimate Tenkaichi, I'd be more hopeful then that

If this were Ultimate Tenkaichi it would be in awkward 2-D with nothing but quick-time events. This looks like they are building on the concept of the PSP game Tenkaichi Tag-Team

Edited by Jedi

yeah, I didn't like the quick time events in Ultimate. the gameplay looks like tenkaichi/raging blast like Jedi said, and I hope its like that instead of ultimate. tag team sounds so much fun xD

yeah, I didn't like the quick time events in Ultimate. the gameplay looks like tenkaichi/raging blast like Jedi said, and I hope its like that instead of ultimate. tag team sounds so much fun xD

I don't even know how it would be like Ultimate when its 4v4.

It's like Raging Tenkaichi Tag Team xD

The thing is that Raging Blast 1 and 2 were really not that great, but I guess this looks more like Tenkaichi games than anything. The art style is too much like Ultimate Tenkaichi, which I did not like...

I'm hoping for a new Budokai esque game. I liked Burst Limit but it wasn't as great as Budokai, because I felt the combo system and gameplay didn't have as much depth (sine the combos were fairly uniform in Burst Limit but they were vast in Budokai). But hopefully it's a Budokai version that tells you all the available combos as opposed to just the special techniques...

The thing is that Raging Blast 1 and 2 were really not that great, but I guess this looks more like Tenkaichi games than anything. The art style is too much like Ultimate Tenkaichi, which I did not like...

I'm hoping for a new Budokai esque game. I liked Burst Limit but it wasn't as great as Budokai, because I felt the combo system and gameplay didn't have as much depth (sine the combos were fairly uniform in Burst Limit but they were vast in Budokai). But hopefully it's a Budokai version that tells you all the available combos as opposed to just the special techniques...

The art does look like it. I just hope it plays like tenkaichi. i really don't want quick time lol

Yeah, Burst limit was fun, but worse than budokai.

A new budokai like game would be great. definitely agreeing with you bro. the budokais were the best.

This looks promising, but I would rather see a new game in the style of DBZ Sagas. It had a cool gameplay style on paper, but it was such a bad game. It practically begs for a "good" reincarnation. Sagas is a bad game, but it is the closest they've ever gotten to having a 3D console version of DBZ: Legacy of Goku 2, which was my favorite DBZ game.

This looks promising, but I would rather see a new game in the style of DBZ Sagas. It had a cool gameplay style on paper, but it was such a bad game. It practically begs for a "good" reincarnation. Sagas is a bad game, but it is the closest they've ever gotten to having a 3D console version of DBZ: Legacy of Goku 2, which was my favorite DBZ game.

I'd like to see this as well. I do think DBZ would enjoy a more beat-em up style every now and again.

As far as a new 3D DBZ game goes, I believe this idea has a lot of potential. I'll be keeping an eye on this, but I'm not going to get too excited seeing we only have a vague idea of how the gameplay works.

As far as a new 2D(2.5D technically but whatever) DBZ game goes, many people are wanting one akin to Budokai 3, which is often considered the best DBZ game. I however, would like a new 2D game to be based more on Infinite World. They are very similar, but there are a few key differences that make me prefer Infinite World(lack of a tournament mode aside). The three biggest reasons I don't like Budokai 3 as much are, items appearing randomly in the shop, the overpowered power-up mechanic(I can't remember it's name right now) that usually slows down fights since the opponent focuses solely on running away, and my most hated aspect, the luck based dragon rushes(I think that's what it's called?)(my hatred of this mechanic should let you guess how I feel about Ultimate Tenkaichi...). To put it simply, I would rather not have that kind of bullsh*t in a competitive fighting game.