Perfect pairings

Randa

So since I have been bored and I have an open slot in my file I plan to make the ultimate min-max team. I have as much time as I want to do this, I will grind, every character will be recruited, and I haven't decided on wether I want a gen 2 or gen 3 Morgan. So I need some help deciding on pairings skills to be passed down and which type of Morgan. Please and thank you.

Donnel x Cordelia >_>

rofl

Donnel/Corde is terrible in every possible aspect.

Supports wise it's tied with Gerome/Lucina for "Worst written 'romance' of all time. Ever. Except Twilight. And possibly Elemental Bonds."

Gameplay wise, Donnel offers nothing to Severa... nay, he gimps her out of everything. Even her stats are laughable.

Even indonesian random soap has better love story than twilight

Almost Everything does...Not sure if Elemental Bonds though.That was garbage. Scary thing is, I think there's a shout out to it in this game. (Pair Chrom and Maribelle... you should know what I'm talking aboot.)

shout out to what exactly?

I actually liked C x M

The only romance that gives Twilight a run for its money-- which I won't be saying by name, besides "Elemental Bonds" (where upon, you can google and find it)... (and the possible shout out is like... a tiny scene that some people freak out about or call a bug. It's not a bug. Seriously.)

It's agreed that all the pairing bellow are pretty good:
MU x Nowi

Tharja x Gaius

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Stahl

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Cherche x Frederick

Sully x Vaike(or Donnel if you really like galeforce)

Miriel x Gregor (A sorcerer that has everything a sorcerer could want)

Panne x Kellam

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

Too many options. Too many choices. Are you going for maximum power? Main game use? Optimisation of so many units is pretty much impossible. We can give suggestions for powerful pairings, but even then the difference between most pairings isn't that great.

That said, for starters I'd suggest a Male Avatar in a Gen 1 marriage. With Nowi, probably. Optimisation implies that you know exactly what you're facing at any given point, pretty much negating the threat of Dragonslaying weapons. With the exception of Double Forged Wyrmslayers, you're cool. I've actually seen a Nowi!Morgan solo the secret apotheosis battle without using Galeforce skirmishing, which is pretty cool.

But yeah. Too many options for a 'perfect' run.

I should probably rephrase what I said. I'm looking to make the most powerful team. Meaning that each person has stats that are high but not unbalanced. So there aren't gonna be any generals or swordmasters or snipers each having a weakness that lowers there value. I have acces to all DLC so iote's shield is available for flyers, paragon will be used help training, ect. All in all which parent(excluding MU) makes the children the most balanced with devaluing there string points.

It's hard to develop a perfect team because there are a lot of parameters that come down to personal preference (what classes the kids should be, whether or not Galeforce/Armsthrift/Deliverer/etc are relevant to your strategy, and so on)...

It's agreed that all the pairing bellow are pretty good:

MU x Nowi

Tharja x Gaius

Lissa x Ricken

Maribelle x Lon'qu

Cordelia x Stahl

Chrom x Olivia

Henry x Sumia

Cherche x Frederick

Sully x Vaike(or Donnel if you really like galeforce)

Miriel x Gregor (A sorcerer that has everything a sorcerer could want)

Panne x Kellam

...but this is about as close as you can get. Vaike can be shuffled over to Nowi if you want to have your avatar marry someone else.

And here's something I like to do because I don't like white hair on Cynthia:

Henry!Brady + Lon'qu!Laurent + Gregor!Gerome + Frederick!Cynthia

Edited by Meteor

Hey guys, Twilight is awesome. Leave it alone.

Just make sure your pairings give your children as many classes as possible. For example, FredXSully and StahlXSully are obviously bad. DonnelXSully is a great pairing for Kjelle.
You also probably want to get as many Galeforce users as you can. So dont have Gaius and Donnel father a daughter who has access to Galeforce from their mother.
Not sure which Avatar is better. Female Avatar gets Galeforce while Male Avatar makes more stronger babies and gives his daughter access to Galeforce like Gaius and Donnel do.
As far as the stat modifiers go, I dont think they matter as much as getting the kids as many class options as possible.

As many Galeforcers as possible. That skill is just too good to pass up.

Your Galeforce-giving fathers: Avatar, Donnel, Gaius

Mothers with daughters without Galeforce: Nowi, Sully, Tharja

I'd go with Nowi x Gaius, Donnel x Tharja and Avatar x Sully.

If you want to play Apeotheosis, go with Female Avatar though. She can support Aversa or Emmeryn which no one else can, and you lose no Galeforcers overall.

The most powerful team is one where the player takes away the enemy's enemy phase. By killing every enemy unit on the player phase, Galeforce allows you to become invincible. No other skill does that.

Edited by Chiki

Okay so this is what I came up with. Each unit has their limit breaker stats their parents and their class. I have to compare to the list already given and then analysis the skills but in the mean time I would like people opinions on how the team looks so far and which Morgan I should use.

Caps

DmXAMXs.jpg

ocEFxRJ.jpg

Growths

X6Vdg5D.jpg

l5fDxZT.jpg

Both have good variety and for the most part they seem to be about the same. But if I was going with the second I would switch Gregor for libra.

Edited by Randa

Personally, I'd say that stats and growths aren't nearly as important as class sets. Even modifier-wise, most of them don't matter in the long run except for not having super low speed to avoid getting doubled in Apotheosis. (My personal recommendation is no lower than -2, so as long as you don't do Kellam or Frederick!Nah or marry a -Speed Avatar to one of those Nahs you're fine)

Although for the record, I'd say that the very first set(the one with Ricken!Owain) looks way better than the others. The only pair that's really terrible is Nowi/Lon'qu. You can give Gaius to her instead to give her positive speed and better defenses, (shuffle Donnel to Tharja if you're doing that) or give Donnel to Nowi for good bulk and a solid class selection. (Sol, Galeforce, etc.)

If you're going for a straight stats focus there's Endgame's set.

Chrom/Olivia

Ricken/Lissa

Donnel/Sully

Henry/Sumia

Libra/Maribelle

Lon'qu/Cordelia

Vaike/Cherche

Gregor/Panne

Stahl/Miriel

Gaius/Tharja

Kellam/Nowi

Regarding Morgan: 3rd Gen or Special Skill. Your call.

Only notable change I tend to do to that set up (which is pretty damn close to the "Screw off Anna, I have Iron Swords" layout, is Frederick/Panne over Gregor/Panne.).

Not the best but here's my call:

Chrom/Olivia

Lissa/MaMU

Sully/Vaike

Miriel/Ricken

Sumia/Frederick

Maribelle/Henry

Panne/Gregor

Cordelia/Stahl

Nowi/Donny

Tharja/Gaius

Cherche/Kellam

If we're going FeMU, swap Olivia with FeMU, Stahl with Lon'qu(Stahl goes with Lissa), and pair Olivia with Virion. I'd rather not use Libra because his parent role was doomed.

EDIT: I swear something was missing. 3 males are forever alone instead of 2 in MaMU(Lon'qu, Virion, and Libra).

Edited by Noire