Terrasurgence Act 1: Beginning of the end

ReformBlade

The building in view, it seemed to be pretty empty and devoid of life. It just gave off that vibe, there's no real evidence to say that other than perhaps the docking station taking a long time to actually open up. When it finally did, Lorentz sighed and readied his person, namely his gun and made sure that his CLOTHES were all on and he was properly equipped with all the necessities.

"Identification requested!" said a very hurried voice, a man's voice by the sound of it. Upon inspection, or anyone familiar with the procedure really, this was someone on the inside asking before actually letting them in.

"Lorentz Arsonge, sent by Arcolonian decree to investigate a disturbance here at the Leyline. Can you tell me anything about this before we come in?"

"Um, it was really really sudden and it was really really bad? Like, I'm not even sure what you're trying to gain from it, and really, the situation's immediate concern has been dealt with, though we have barely any workers left in here, just me and a co-wor-" "Just let them in already! For god's sake, why are you so paranoid?" "Oh I dunno, maybe because I got shot at? When's the last time some friggin zealots from out of nowhere bombed your house and shot up your place? Oh right, never, now excuse me as I do things all smart like! Jeez! Ugh... uh, crap, mic was still on. Um, mister Lorentz sir, if that's your real name, can you prove that you're with the authorities?"

"I'm pretty sure you can just look up the name can't you? I'm positive they've got some databases at your Leyline."

"... our computers got completely demolished, save for a few and I do not want to venture through a room filled with hot melted corpse. Look, I'll just... come on in. Whatever, life sucks, etcetera." "Friggin finally, common sense prevails!" "Shut up Jen!"

Cutting the comm link manually, "Well that was stupid. They say the threat is dealt with but I call bullcrap, or at least there's more to this than meets the eye. Everyone ready?"

OoC: Again, apologies....

OoC2: NOTE. If nothing is said in this RP or in the chat topic, these teams will be finalized until after a fight. If you're ok with this, please post somewhere saying so, if not in here directly.

TEAMS: Team 1:Lorentz, Firmia, Baltar Team 2: Gerrant, Cleo, Leona.

Gerrant looked at Lorentz after his little exchange with the Leyline employees. Something was up, that much was obvious; what he wanted to know is what they meant by zealots. Last he had heard sabotage only happened in Pulcres but there it was the norm. If it happened anywhere else, like here especially, it would probably be a big thing. Gerrant thought to himself as he pulled his hood over his head.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Gerrant answered Lorentz's question. "What about you two?" Gerrant asked his teamates.

Edited by Harkas

Readiness

Firmia remained silent throughout the whole exchange and was gawking by the end of it. She didn't have the slightest idea what could be going on in there, but she hoped that hearing a response from some people on sight would mean things really weren't so bad and there wouldn't be any need for violence. She hadn't actually come all the way out here for that sort of thing. "I"m ready," Firmia reluctantly answered. She then began to fiddle with her drone, Goo, until it's holoscreen popped up. Before long she was looking up something or other in complete silence.

Leona took in all the information in silence with a narrow gaze, feeling herself get excited as she processed the information thrown her way. She knew her heart was pounding and that it would take only the smallest surprise to give her a boost of adrenaline. This was the most excitement she had ever felt in her life! Mystery! Danger! Real world danger!

Her hand tightened around her spear. "...Ready."

Cleo was getting a little impatient, there was no need for further planning, further reassurance. All that had to be done was split people into groups and exchange pleasantries. Now that that was done, she was looking forward to actually seeing the pipeline than hang around, whiling away their time.

"I'm ready. We should really be getting a move on." she said.

Getting enough confirmation to proceed, Lorentz exited the vehicle, walking through the rather boring (Well for an average person I guess?) immediate docking area. Well, boring except for the occasional odd scuff on the wall, blaster fire and perhaps other lesser known scorch marks on the walls. Going beyond that, Lorentz found what he could only assume was the two he talked to earlier. "OK seriously, what happened in here?" he shot out before any pleasantries were exchanged.

"Well, some crazies broke in and shot the place up..."

"Crazies? Wait, how do you just waltz in here? You'd know about a vehicle coming in, wouldn't you...?"

"No vehicle, they seemed to have walked. They kept shouting something about some Raguni person... I don't know, I just wanna go home and relax, maybe get some workers comp."

"Raguni you say? Funny you should mention that, we've had a few sparse reports of some religious sect of people worshiping a being of the same name. But it mostly seemed like a hilarious pass time than an apparently overzealous rioting like what happened here... Are you sure no one else survived?"

"I'm pretty dang positive, but if you wanna check, go nuts, I won't stop ya. Like I said, I just wanna go home and sleep this off."

"Alright, le-" He would've continued that sentence, but a cinematic cutscene loaded just then, depicting a massive shuttle bouncing unceremoniously outside, ending up crashing directly into the building the group was in, shaking the place like someone would've shook a carton of chocolate milk, which is to say vigorously and violently to mix it all up. "-Holy CRAP! Is everyone alright?!" Lorentz shouted.

OoC: I'm still alive!

They'd arrived, and found what seemed to be the result of a scuffle.

"Some cult crazies, huh?" Baltar smiled, feinting concern. "They're some pretty interesting people..."

Baltar's sarcastic remarks were interrupted by the collision of a life time. Being knocked to the floor by a rogue piece of lighting, it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. After the shaking had halted, Baltar thrust the rogue lamp off of him.

"Well... you don't see that everyday!"

Pilot Error

Firmia listened carefully to the information and frowned at the possibility of having to fight a sect. She would have preferred rogue security drones or something they could cut down or shut down without any remorse, but living people? This could get really messy and really sad. Before she could imagine just how bad it might end up being, a whole other kind of bad befell them as the building was punched in the stomach by a rogue shuttle. The force of the impact shook the building so hard that Firmia fell to the ground, dropping Goo in the process. Goo of course, simply floated there once she dropped him and flew down to see if she was alright.

"Ow ..." She rubbed her elbow, what she'd hit pretty hard when falling, replying to Lorentz with a simple, "I'm fine ..." She then looked up to Goo who was still floating there and staring at her and asked, "What was that?"

"Scanning ... an aerial vehicle has collided with the building. Pilot error."

"... what ...?"

Edited by Phoenix

Gerrant tried his best to keep his footing as the entire place shook without warning but ultimately ended falling down. It proved for the best for after he fell some rubble landed where he'd been standing that, had he not fallen, would've killed him. Somewhat shaken he stood up, finding that it took much more effort than it normally did, and looked around to see if everyone was alright. Thankfully it seemed that everyone was uninjured but he wasn't sure about that. However a realization donned on him, dying was a very probable thing at the moment.

Hearing Lorentz shout and ask if they were alright after the shaking stopped Gerrant answered, "Yeah I'm fine. Just a little shaken up."

Edited by Harkas

Picking himself up mentally and physically, "Stay calm, people." He said fairly needlessly... except for the crying man in the corner who was even getting the whole rolling eye schtick from his co-worker, Jen if teh conversation from before entry was anything to go by. Looking out the window, Lorentz saw some overhanging machinery on top of the building, only now realizing that the heat was getting pretty... hot. Pulling back in, "Agh... OK folks, it's... This just got a lot stupider, but hey, you'll have one hell of a story to tell! I'm changing the mission parameters, we're investigating whatever just crashed on top of this building."

Turning over to the sniveling man and annoyed lady, "If you two wanna head back to our ship, go nuts. It's air conditioned and well protected, and if all hell breaks loose, it is programmed to head back to its home base." That seemed to be enough convincing as Jen had to help pick up the now shaking man and drag him out of the place, but not before he blurted out something about the places layout and things that needed to be saved in there... well, things like data anyway. "Please, save our data! It's all we've got left..."

"Alright, I'll see what I can do." Lorentz, turning to his group, grinned with determination, "Well, it's not gonna get worse than this, so those who are still kicking, follow me." He said before bounding off up the STAIRS.

OoC: INCOMING DUNGEON, will lay out mechanics in my next post, very tired, very exhausted right now.... I'm sorry guys ;m;