Did you stay faithful?

Did you marry who you thought you would?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. The one you thought you would during pre-release?

• Yes, I married him/her.
    • No, someone else I liked more came.
    • No, I didn't like the character I was planning on marrying at all.
    • No, I changed for gameplay/child reasons.
    • I didn't decided until I played the game.
    • No, I didn't follow this game pre-release.

Well, I know a lot of us have been here since pre-release, or maybe even pre-Japanese release. Some of us even saw the first scans of the game, being raised on the adventures of Krom and Liz in Iris.

So here's my question: who, way back then, chose their husband or wife? I know I did, and I'm betting some others did, too.

Did you go through with it? Years later, with English voice acting, new names, and everything... Did you stay faithful to the one that originally captured your heart?

Me? Yes and no.

I married Gangrel, and I wanted to from the start (heck, I wanted to from before marriage was announced). But before he was announced eligible via Spotpass and the support gallery, I had Frederick as a back up.

So, in part, yes. I knew from the start Gangrel was my first choice and I married him. But, if he hadn't been, I wouldn't have gone for Frederick -- probably "Wood", or Owain!

So... What about all you?

EDIT: Maybe, because a lot of people have multiple files, we'll say "first playthrough" (or at least first playthrough as that gender).

EDIT (AGAIN): I tried to alter it to pick more than one option for people like Cluie, but I'm not sure it worked. Either way...

Edited by Valorous_Roland

I never really followed the game pre-release, but I did see a thread asking who was I planning on marrying my avatar to. And I did marry one of the people I said I had as a consideration for spouse (Stahl).

I just S rank my favourite characters, and I have a fair few so I switch around a bit. No big deal.

Or Chrom who isn't a fave but Lucina is, so I make Lucina my bb instead because then she can have the MU gene package and become really awesome

I really don't take shipping for this game that seriously

Edited by Thor Odinson

I didnt follow much of the game during pre-release, only the couple of weeks prior to its release. Mostly because i didnt wanna be spoiled. I know i took looks at some of the character designs and Virion stuck out like a sore thumb. (Libra as well.) So i was like "oh wiggy. Thats the guy right there." Upon playing the demo, i was pretty sure i was gonna marry him first. And lo, when the game came out, bee-lined to the guy.

My pairings are done for 100% gameplay reasons. I am indeed heartless.

i guess i also didn't stay faithful since i wanted panne before i actually got the game

Edited by Cluie

I didn't follow the game a whole lot before the release since I didn't want too many spoilers, but I HAD decided on Frederick when I played the demo sometime before the game came out here, so yeah, I still had my Avatar marry the guy I picked before release. :3

And Kelli will marry him in every playthrough! <3 EVERY ONE. I love Freddy Bear too much! <3<3<3

Edited by Anacybele

I wanted my MaMU to be a strong independent priest who don't need no man; I didn't have any women in mind.

but then i married him off to tharja on accident (impulse save after viewing their s support and leaving the game on for a while, the first file was supposed to be my male mu support completion file too ;-;)

I was satisfied with it because Tharja is great and Noire is awesome too. My MUs always lean toward magical so I got lucky with that accident.

On my second pt my FeMU got Chrom owned. I didn't have any guys in mind so that was fine (well, maybe vaike or lon'qu or half of the male cast...). I can never say no to two super kids.

I haven't finished the game yet (I'm still waiting for the rest of my Spotpass army to do the final chapter with), but when I have done so, I will marry Aversa as I originally planned to do (for my "Family of Dark Magic users" thing).

As for the whole "Did you stay faithful" thing, I'm not entirely sure of that because I have a penchant for pairing up with Titania... (Does that count as cheating?)

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Hehe... I knew shadowofchaos would respond. We all know Olivia is your one true Waifu.

For Levant van Schweitzer, out of curiosity, did you not plan to marry Tiki? Or... Did you never marry Tiki?

I see someone else besides me knows where my username is derived from... Also, I also planned on marrying Tiki, just... I haven't done so yet.

I see someone else besides me knows where my username is derived from... Also, I also planned on marrying Tiki, just... I haven't done so yet.

Hehe... I thought so because of "Berge" in the location. I read that, and I was like, "Wait a moment... It that from what I think it's from?" Love that game.

My brother married Tiki, which is strange, because I used to bother him all the time pre-release about who he was going to marry, and his response was always, "I dunno, just not Tiki." He thought she was "cameo of a character I already hate [although he never played the games she was from, I think he just assumed she was "annoying little dragon girl"] turned fanservice, with only one kid and she's a dragon [which he doesn't like using]".

Sure enough, though, poor Tiki mistaking Lucina for her Mar-Mar even made him marry her... She's so sweet. And no other potential grooms but MU!

I followed the pre-release info... So, yeah, I decided to marry my Avatar with Gaius before the game was released, and of course my avatar is married to him now... but yeah, I already marry every male character for the Support Log, and still I think I'm happy with Gaius, so he will be "my husband" in every file (and Morgan is happy with the candies)

Except the Male Avatar file of course, Male Avatar will be married to Cherche

Yes, and no.

I didn't completely follow the pre-release info, but I DID play the demo the second it came out, and pretty much decided upon watching it that I was going to get myself a piece of Chrom. Once I got the game, I ACTUALLY ended up wanting to marry Gaius, but chapter 11 crept up on me and I got married to Chrom anyway.

And irony is ironic.

But as for staying faithful to my first option... no. One, I'm trying to fill out the support log and two... I met Henry.

Hehe... I thought so because of "Berge" in the location. I read that, and I was like, "Wait a moment... It that from what I think it's from?" Love that game.

My brother married Tiki, which is strange, because I used to bother him all the time pre-release about who he was going to marry, and his response was always, "I dunno, just not Tiki." He thought she was "cameo of a character I already hate [although he never played the games she was from, I think he just assumed she was "annoying little dragon girl"] turned fanservice, with only one kid and she's a dragon [which he doesn't like using]".

Sure enough, though, poor Tiki mistaking Lucina for her Mar-Mar even made him marry her... She's so sweet. And no other potential grooms but MU!

Oh. That reminds me, Levant's an acrophobe, like Gangrel (and Levant's acrophobia is also a neat case of gameplay and story integration).

Heheh.

Hmm... I suppose my decision never changed. To be honest, I don't remember if I ever changed my mind about it, so I'm just going with what I do know...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Oh. That reminds me, Levant's an acrophobe, like Gangrel (and Levant's acrophobia is also a neat case of gameplay and story integration).

Heheh.

And I loved them both...! But I have to admit, I had a soft spot for Emperor Axel's crazy antics. "Axel Logic" was the best logic. And the best mask... Snrk. The mask.

I guess I like villainous royalty? Strange how that all came back on topic to me staying faithful to Gangrel!

Looking at the poll, I'm surprised how many people picked the first time and stayed with it! I've wanted to make this poll forever (along with one other), so it's really cool to see the results.

I was going to wait until closer to release to look into this, but around December I discovered Persona 3 and got obsessed with that until a couple weeks after Awakening's release. When I finally got around to playing it, I knew nothing about the characters and, I'm quite ashamed to admit, took the Tharja fanservice bait. She is now probably my least favourite character, but back on topic. Despite Tiki being my favourite, I still sometimes go for some of my other favourites, like Emmeryn or Cordelia, just to try something new. I figure it would be in my best interest to not take this whole waifu thing too seriously.